Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🏡 Cath's Creations 🏡

Comments

• Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Bohemian Rhapsody
    Lot Size: 20x20
    Cost: $183,398
    No CC

Gallery Link

I was so excited to see all the cool new Bohemian items included with the new stuff pack, I couldn't wait to use them in a new build. :blush: I wanted to make a home where hippie-like or free spirit type sims would like to live. I put lots of flowers and greenery in the side yard and divided it by pathways into separate spaces. Inside is very eclectic and bright. Although it's on one of the smallest lots in Windenburg, I put in a large basement with all kinds of extras that wouldn't fit into the tiny frame of the main house. There's a media room with the new giant movie screen, a playroom, gym, full bath and a bedroom for a couple of boys. But first, some outside views of the home:

1%20Front%20view_zpslm0nuiwd.png
    4%20Left%20side_zpssjuzzkin.png
    5%20Roof%20view_zpskrd1flbh.png
    6%20Second%20floor%20layout_zpso7ertvzf.png
    7%20First%20floor%20layout_zpskcj7qzmk.png
    8%20Basement%20layout_zpsc9fuzlof.png

Pathways leading to separate areas to enjoy:

9%20Path%20to%20side%20yard%20activities_zpsmzxk1u8m.png
    10%20Fire%20pit_zpszy760w41.png
    11%20Outdoor%20dining_zpstdcnqdzb.png
    12%20Swimming%20pond_zps3cavwru9.png
    13%20Garden%20pots_zpsetv2mxic.png

Stepping inside there is an open floor plan with living room, dining area and kitchen:

14%20Front%20entry_zpsfab2xjy2.png
    15%20Stepping%20inside_zpskc6qofge.png
    16%20Living%20room_zpsdiwvqptf.png
    17%20Dining%20area_zpstvxbrlam.png
    18%20Kitchen_zps23j1fogy.png

Heading upstairs there is the Master bedroom with upper porch off it, nursery, girls room and full bath:
    22%20Upstairs%20hall_zpszkcjhiqs.png
    23%20Master%20bedroom_zpskja2y3y4.png
    24%20Master%20bedroom_zpsjwbmeqkn.png
    25%20Upstairs%20porch%20off%20Master%20Bedroom_zpsmkwn8ct4.png
    26%20Nursery_zpsy4h5ilts.png
    27%20Girls%20bedroom_zpsq0eprrxr.png
    29%20Upstairs%20bath_zps2mdxqxny.png

In the basement there is the media room, playroom, gym, full bath and a bedroom for boys:

30%20Basement%20movie%20room_zpsd7gg1vhb.png
    31%20Playroom_zpshxjtxqhv.png
    32%20Gym_zpshpguj1kh.png
    33%20Basement%20bath_zpslzgfljl4.png
    35%20Boys%20bedroom%20in%20basement_zpsncm83p5s.png
    34%20Boys%20bedroom%20in%20basement_zpsypqkrdpk.png

This was such a fun home to build :blush: If you'd like to see all the pictures in order (thankfully!) here's the link to the SLIDESHOW

Thanks for stopping in for a look!

Goodnight!

36%20Night%20view_zpstcktlr3c.png
  • Options
    @LionessInMN, Yay! Thank you once again! :smiley: It takes a little longer to set everything up but I'm so happy to finally be able to see them in order. Way to Type-A here, lol! :p
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Bohemian Rhapsody is such a colourfully nice home! :) It reflects the bohemian theme so very well! It looks so very nice! The way you have used the items that came with the movie stuff pack in the outdoors areas and the furnishing of the interior rooms looks so very, very nice! It is such a happy looking home that makes me smile when I look at the pictures of the home. Very nice exerior design of the home! The flower box windows look very nice. The flowers look so very pretty through the outdoors areas! The lilypad natural pool pond looks very nice. Very nice outdoors dining area. Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ there and enjoying dining at the table in such a very nice floral setting! The firepit area is very nice! It looks nice how the new stools and the OR pack seating is placed around the fire. Sims will enjoy sitting there toasting food and chatting in the outside air. The lantern lights tree is pretty in the build. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The colours of the walls in the room look so very nice! The way you have furnished each of the rooms looks so nice! The types of and placement of the curtains look so very, very nice in the rooms! The computer study desk nook beside the stair case in the living room is nice. Sims will enjoy using the computer there. The dining area is very nice! Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in through the windows whilst eating their meals. The curtains there look very pretty! Very nice master bedroom! The curtained bedhead area and mirrors on the bedhead wall look very nice! Very nice armchair reading corner nook. Sims will enjoy sitting there reading a book from the bookcase. The art nook porch leading off from the master bedroom looks nice. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel there in the outdoors air. The nursery is very nice! The teddy looks cute there! The kids bedrooms are very nice! The beds look nice how they are placed in the rooms. The armchairs tv and stereo area in the boys room looks great! The basement areas look so very nice! The playroom looks very sunny! The big toy animals and the wall animal pictures look very cute! Very nice corner double art table nook. Kids will have fun playing the llama tabletop game or enjoy doing artwork on the art table. The penguin tv looks cute in the corner for Sims to have fun watching! The media room is very nice! It looks very nice how the movie stuff pack seating is placed there, for sims to enjoy sitting there watching movies together on the large screen! They will enjoy resting and reading books there too.
    The home is so very, very nice! :)
  • Options
    kfortikforti Posts: 210 Member
    Thank you for accepting my request :)
    I have no wishlist as I own the store....when I accumulate enough sim points I will be back to gift more people :)
  • Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Gorgeous builds Ms Cath...... ADORE the Bohemian one. Great colors and I just LUUUUUUV the curtains.♥♥♥

Sorry to here about all the problems you are having with Photobucket. I usually don't put my pics in order, but I can 'Customize' pics by clicking on box by ORDER OF. I just change it to 'Customize'. Then I just need to click pics and move them around screen to the order I want.

Toodles
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    Hello :) I just wanted to send a hug <3 and a sunshine smile :) in the Wintery cold weather. Sending some sunshine yellow roses too. :)
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited January 2016
    Family Heritage is very wonderful! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, so rustic and cozy! I really love how your architecture is very complex and the roofing looks very awesome too! Your landscaping is very pretty! Love the gardens and the tree house looks adorable too! A perfect club hangout for kids! :smirk: And your interior, so charming! Love the cozy green color scheme you used. Love the blue bedroom with a creative rug flooring.
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:

Bohemian Rhapsody is so adorable! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, very hippy and cottagey! Love how you used different colors and awesome roofing too! Your landscaping is absolutely adorable! Love the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 camping area with a very pretty lake! The gardens are so cute and colorful too! And your interior, so pretty and colorful! Love everything in here, the rug stacking, the colorful design, everything! :heart_eyes:
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:

EDIT: Thanks again for giving me a credit! I'm very pleased and glad that your slideshow has been organized! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3
    Post edited by RyeCris16 on
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Lady, allow me to say that Family Heritage is incredibly awesome!
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    I just LOVE your Bohemian Rhapsody home, is just so adorable! Love all the colours and the landscaping is amazing! :blush:
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Gorgeous new builds :) I especially love Bohemian Rhapsody, so very pretty and interesting using the movie stuff items! Fantastic work with the landscaping, the outdoor areas are stunning :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Great work on the Bohemian Rhapsody :) I would like to visit a house like that in real life.
    It is just so far out, in a positive way, of course. I could totally see an artist living there! :smiley:
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Ooooh! :) I love Bohemian Rhapsody! So colourful and so much fun! You have been brave with colours and it works so well. Great combinations! Will be adding to my favourites. <3
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    Very beautiful new houses, Cath !! I´ll add them to my favourites when I open The Gallery.
    Hugs xxx
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Cath, my dear, I can't seem to keep up with these forums anymore! But I think you already know that I think you're a fabulous builder and love your work. :) Some recent builds of yours that really captivated me were Night Before Christmas, Just Moved To Windenburg, Family Heritage, and Solitude. You're really so good on every level, and it's just much fun to tour through your homes and appreciate the ambiance. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    @rosemow, I think that is the BEST compliment I have ever received from you my dearest Rose. <3 Thank you so very much! I am Thrilled to be able to make you smile! :blush: This really was a fun home to build. I Love all the bright new items included in the new stuff pack. :smiley:
    Thank you for the cheery message too, Rose! I really do need All those things right now, lol! :)<3<3

@kforti, you are most welcome :relaxed: I am having a blast building this home for you and am almost finished. Just the basement and a few touch ups to go. The landscaping is already complete, so then it will just be play testing and pictures. I should hopefully be done early this upcoming week. :smile: Just to be sure, you do have the newest SP, don't you? I know you said you would be getting it in your request. It's got some awesome new items in it. :blush:

@Cassee, Thank you Cass! You know, when I first saw the new curtains in the preview, I wasn't even sure if I'd ever use them But, it turns out I really Love them! I'm so happy they included some solid colors too. I wish they could have done the same with the new rug. I love the colorful ones but sometimes you just need a LITTLE color, lol. :p

As for photobucket, I always have been able to "Customize" my pics into the order I wanted, until about a month ago... I wrote to them and they said they're "working on it" and it's a problem "some" of their customers have. Lucky me... Thankfully, Rye and Lioness were able to help me figure out a different way to organize the pics. Then this morning, I can't even get onto the site! It keeps posting a message saying "maintenance"... How annoying! And to think we PAY for this. I hope they hurry up and get themselves straightened out. :neutral:

@RyeCris16, Thank you for the wonderful comments and support, Rye! I really appreciate them and You! Hugs, :blush:<3

@DominicLaurence, very nice to meet you! Thank you for stopping in for a look and for your lovely comment! :smile:

@vethesims, Thank you Vee! It's always lovely to see you :smiley:

@masajo, Thank you for the very kind comments, Masajo! Hugs, <3

@Manssom, SO nice to see you! Thank you for the lovely comments. I think it's a bit "louder" than your style of building, (just a Bit) lol. :p But I really had fun building it. :blush:

@yanti68, Thank you for your awesome comments and for the faves, Yanti! I hope you've been able to get some quality sim time in. It's especially important at this yucky time of year. :p

@AIRIS6962, Thank you for the very kind comments, Inma! :blush: Hugs, <3

@BryonyRae, I can't thank you enough for your wonderful comments, Bry! :blush:<3 I know exactly how you're feeling with the forums... no worries, I'm in the same boat. :p
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    @kforti, you are most welcome :relaxed: I am having a blast building this home for you and am almost finished. Just the basement and a few touch ups to go. The landscaping is already complete, so then it will just be play testing and pictures. I should hopefully be done early this upcoming week. :smile: Just to be sure, you do have the newest SP, don't you? I know you said you would be getting it in your request. It's got some awesome new items in it. :blush:
    Yes I have the new movies pack, and thanks again, I can not wait to see the new house :)
    edit: Just in case you are wondering, yes I will be getting Romantic Garden Stuff the day it comes out next week :smiley:
    Post edited by kforti on
    I have no wishlist as I own the store....when I accumulate enough sim points I will be back to gift more people :)
  • Options
    Westwynde Manor 3br. 5ba.
    Lot Size: 40x30
    Cost: $453,163
    No CC
    DNA Request

Gallery Link

@kforti, I'm finished! I almost wish I could have waited for the new stuff pack, but I had already finished the landscaping for this build and it was probably the most detailed that I've done so far. :blush: I think I managed to include everything you wanted and then some. I ended up making all the bedrooms en suite, because I had lots of space for them. The basement is probably a lot bigger than you were planning, but I wanted to include all these cool rooms for the family to use.

I built this home as if it had been in the family for generations. The newest members of the family to inherit the home wanted to keep the first two floors pretty much intact. They loved all the family heirlooms. They did however update the kitchen and baths. The landscaping had been cultivated over the years and they wanted to keep it as is. They loved the curving paths bordered by flowers, that brought you to different areas to enjoy. There's a lovely swim-able pond, outdoor kitchen, play yard and a vegetable and fruit garden with all perfect plants, ready for harvesting.

Here's a look at some exterior views:

1_zpsqbkzaxpe.png
    2_zpswjqh6rru.png

The back:

6_zpsdrowtm8a.png

Birds eye views:

7_zpswpsuj74w.png
    8_zpsqpvvf8ym.png
    9_zpsk2jspdgy.png
    10_zpshyz6xygc.png

A look at some of those winding paths:

11_zps3mjympur.png
    12_zpsclfca7vl.png
    13_zpsjncyahvp.png
    15_zpsgm1pngdj.png
    18_zpsd0x4yyzp.png

And now we can head inside. The entry way with the study to the left and the two-story living room to the right. The formal dining room and kitchen are just off the living room and the play room is behind the study:

19_zpswlvu02xx.png
    20_zpsx4tefspp.png
    21_zpszx2r21ae.png
    22_zpsfsr7jawb.png
    23_zpsbsyqua3m.png
    25_zpsmhel8x77.png
    26_zps129nhgj6.png
    28_zpspquw9xts.png

Upstairs there are three bedrooms, all en suite. We'll start with the master bedroom, then the girls room and finally the boys room:

31_zpsqo5nidwa.png
    32_zpsaierk4xz.png
    34_zpstqquoupo.png
    35_zpsdqkgupea.png
    38_zpseedhvdva.png
    39_zpsexrrzlxa.png
    40_zpslxmbwtig.png

The basement includes a game room, media room, hobby room, gym, yoga room, sauna and full bath (not shown):

43_zps1carshmh.png
    44_zpsbioffcv1.png
    45_zpsmatkqerh.png
    47_zps8opvc1zp.png
    49_zpsfjwhj5j0.png
    50_zpsrmnbynaj.png

There are more pictures in the complete slideshow, if you would like to look.

Thanks for taking a look. "Goodnight!"

52_zpscshubfc7.png
  • Options
    Oh My Goodness, it is AWESOME!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! All of the rooms are amazingly beautiful and the landscaping is so gorgeous and beyond anything I could imagine making on my own. Thank you so much. I can not wait to move my sim Alyssa in and start a family :smiley:
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Westwynde Manor is such a very nice home! :) The exterior design of the home is so very nice! Very nice roofing on the home and the exterior wall texture looks very nice.The flower box windows look pretty. The landscaping of the build looks so very, very nice! The winding pathways looks so very nice! The flowers, plants and trees look so very, very pretty! Very nice swimmable pond area! The flowers look nice around the edges of the pool. The hedge arches look nice. Nice outdoors sitting area for sims to enjoy sitting at the table or on the seat bench, enjoying the very nice outdoors setting! The kids outdoors play area is very nice. They will have fun playing on the monkey bars and with the dollhouse there. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Each of the rooms looks so very, very nice! The mooing works looks so very great! The furnishing of the study room is very nice! The bookcases look nice placed either sides of the fireplace. Sins will enjoy sitting in front of the fire reading a book and listening to music from the gramophone. Very nice window study desk nook for sims to enjoy using the computer which sunlight coming in onto them. They will have fun playing chess at the chess table.Very nice two storey living room! It looks so very nice! The sofas and coffee table fireplace area is very nice! The grandfather clock looks homely. Sims will enjoy listeming to the piano music whildt sitting relaxing there. The type and placement of the curtains look very pretty in the room, The cabinets look very nice how they are placed in the kitchen The playroom is great! The kids will have fun playing there. The teddy looks cute in the room! Very nice colour schemes and furnishing of the bedrooms! The pink and blue colour scheme of the girls brdroom is very pretty! The various areas of the basement level looks very nice! It is nice that there is a sauna in the build for sims to enjoy resting there. Nice art studio for sims to enjoy painting on the easel or crafting on the woodwork table. Very nice games area for them to play foosball or the llama tabletop game. The home is very detailed! I won't write about all the rooms but each of the rooms throughout the home are so very, very nice!
    It is such a very nice home! :) It looks so very nice the exterior design of the home building, the landscaping and the furnishing of the interior of the home!
  • Options
    @kforti, Yay!! I'm so Happy you like it. I hope you enjoy playing it in game. I'm really pleased with the way the landscaping came out. Only wish we could have had the new flowers and things, sooner. :blush:

@rosemow, Thank you for your lovely comments, Rose. I really appreciate the thorough look you take, at each and every build. :blush:<3
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    OMG!!!! I am in love with your tudor build! <3 SO gorgeous! Can't stop staring at the pics! The architecture is perfect and I just adore that garden! WOW! Would like to take a walk around and sit with a nice book in the garden! Bathing in the sunshine! Love the interiors! Especially the high ceilings in the living area. Well done Cath! Will be adding to my favourites when I open the game. <3<3<3
  • Options
    vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    Just WOW! I don't think I ever saw such a beautiful tudor home! I especially love the landscaping with the winding paths and the way you placed all the plants, its stunning! You did a wonderful job with this home! :)
  • Options
    @BreeMiles, @yanti68 and @vethesims, Thank you so much, ladies! I really appreciate you stopping in for a look and leaving such lovely comments. Hugs :blush:<3<3<3
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    @Manssom, SO nice to see you! Thank you for the lovely comments. I think it's a bit "louder" than your style of building, (just a Bit) lol. :p But I really had fun building it. :blush:
    You are absolutely right :) It would be a bit of a challenge for me to try something like that.
    I have a feeling I would go nuts through the process as well :sweat_smile: But I might just try it, for fun... ;)

Gorgeous new house by the way :) And with very pretty landscaping :blush: