Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show us your recent WIPs here!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Modern Brick Dwelling is very nice! @pronterus :)Very nice exterior design and layout of the home! The raised plants balconies around the edges of the home looks very nice! Very nice roofing on the home! The brick texture of the exterior walls looks nice. The lantern wall lights and the ground pool lights look very nice how they are placed in the build! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The tv watching nook is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the armchairs there watching tv and enjoying the sunlight coming in through the side windows. The coat stand is a homely touch there. Very nice open plan layout of the living and dining areas. The red , white and black colours of the seating in the living room look very nice together. The pedestal with the musical note on it looks nice there.
    Your new WIP looks very nice! :) It is great that you are building a new smaller and cheaper version of Wooden Hovel. The two homes look very nice together in the same neighbourhood.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Your Church WIP is looking very nice! @SimsFansinceBeginning :) The exterior design of the Church looks very nice, and very nice Church steeple ! The greenery ivy will look very nice on the walls! The dome type windows look very nice in the build. I will look forward to seeing the finished build :)
    You're such a sweetheart, @rosemow - thank you very much! <3
    RyeCris16 wrote: »
    [...]
    @SimsFansinceBeginning Welcome to my WIP thread! :)
    Your Church WIP looks gorgeous! :)
    I like your architecture, really reflects from the churches very well! Love the tower at the top and the use of rustic wall patterns are a nice touch!
    I'm looking forward to seeing your finished build! Thank you for posting your WIP here! :)
    Many thanks for welcoming me to your thread with such nice words to my building, @RyeCris16! :)
    Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Amazing WIPs, everyone! :smiley:
    Sorry if I haven't responded you quickly, but I did enjoyed seeing those inspiring WIPs while I was logged-out. :)
    I'll update my list right now! Thanks everyone for posting your WIPs and even the updates here! :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Thanks @rosemow :) I've completed my WIP and called it Streamlet Retreat.

AaXbQZN.png
    dEB1gqv.png
    IQXGbVW.png
    AAWrLAv.png
    bgItieu.png
  • Options
    Streamlet Retreat is very nice! @pronterus :) Very nice exterior of the home! The wraparound upper balcony looks very nice! Nice chess nook on the balcony for sims to have fun playing chess in the outdoors air. The flowers look very pretty in the builld! Nice seat bench sitting area under the tree. The brick texture of the exterior and interior walls looks nice. The coat shelf near the door and the books on the table in the foyer are nice home touches there. Very nice upper landing reading and study desk areas! The bookshelf alcove looks great! Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst sitting at the desk using the computer. Sims will enjoy resting on the armchairs reading a book.
    The home is very nice :)
  • Options
    Streamlet Retreat is very nice! @pronterus :) Very nice exterior of the home! The wraparound upper balcony looks very nice! Nice chess nook on the balcony for sims to have fun playing chess in the outdoors air. The flowers look very pretty in the builld! Nice seat bench sitting area under the tree. The brick texture of the exterior and interior walls looks nice. The coat shelf near the door and the books on the table in the foyer are nice home touches there. Very nice upper landing reading and study desk areas! The bookshelf alcove looks great! Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst sitting at the desk using the computer. Sims will enjoy resting on the armchairs reading a book.
    The home is very nice :)
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Well, my Wild West lot is finally done and on the Gallery - turned it in to a bar, but could have been/is many other things. I'm going to limit myself to just 5 images and for the rest refer you to my Showcase thread.

Trail's End - Bar; 40x30; 294.125; GTW, GT, OR, SD, PP, CK, SpS; No CC; minor usage of MOO but can be placed without activating the cheat; play tested.
    8wb3wo.jpg
    x2l95e.jpg
    id7h4z.jpg
    20fz4lf.jpg
    28gih.jpg
    Showcase link: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14487959/#Comment_14487959

I also uploaded another lot - I didn't share it while it was a WIP, but just one picture...
    fuyh4x.jpg
    Showcase link: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14487937/#Comment_14487937

I hope to be back soon with one of the many other things I'm working on right now :) I may also share a few things of the Dream House project (which is more of a story than a build - at this stage anyway).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Trails End and Future Flow are such very nice builds! @MDianaSanders :) It is great that you have finished and uploaded the builds to the Gallery. The Wild West Town is so very detailed with the various types of buildings in the town! Very nice furnishing of each of the buildings in the town! Each of the areas in both of the builds are very nice!
    I hope that you are enjoying working on your current WIPS :)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    About the Dream House project, I was drawing out a blueprint (I usually draw a blueprint on squared paper first) and then I got curious about how it would look in game - and there were a few things I needed to check in terms of space. So I ended up building the entire shell :/ (which completely disrupts the continuity in my story, but I can fix that). Anyway, this is what I have now:
    13zdb7q.png
    352kfmt.png
    I know it's a LOT of wall ivy, but I love it so much, I just keep placing it on my walls :) I kind of hope I can move this lot without stuff going missing because of MOO (I know I can activate the cheat before placing it, but I really hate doing that). I also have no idea what all that wall ivy did to the lot price, I haven't checked.
    Obviously it still needs a lot of work (I know it doesn't really show, but this is just like two/three hours work, I think I'll need a lot more to finish the garden, pool, and inside of the house - and I haven't even properly started on the basement), but I am quite pleased with the shape of the house, and the absence of an attic - I wanted to at first, but it didn't fit (or I would have some clipping with the roof). So now there's the ground floor, and one floor up and one down, which is good. (Can you tell I'm excited about this build? I don't normally talk/ramble this much about my builds ;)) Anyway, I have three questions:
    1. The wall ivy, of course, is it too much, too little, or just right?
    2. Another thing I'm sort of still in doubt about is the back of the house, shall I add a porch/deck/patio or do I leave it like this and turn it in to a massive flower garden?
    3. And then there's the gazebo issue, I could probably build my art studio in the basement, but I could also make a gazebo for it, of course that is something I can add to the build at a later stage, like when my Sims have enough money for it. I could also make a gazebo for just sitting there (which means I'll only ever use it for storytelling purposes).
    I'd be interested to know your opinions on this :)
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    @MDianaSanders I think the wall ivy is charming! I've seen houses covered in more ivy than that. May I ask, is the ivy CC or is it somewhere in the Build Mode inventory?
  • Options
    It comes with the Get Together EP. It's under outdoor wall decorations (the thing under the window in the build menu).
  • Options
    It comes with the Get Together EP. It's under outdoor wall decorations (the thing under the window in the build menu).

Thanks! :)

• Options
    HeavenessHeaveness Posts: 647 Member
    Hmmm unfortunately I hit a bad bug on my desert campsite WIP build. Whenever I try to place a tile the surrounding tiles disappear. This is making it very difficult to build and what even worse is that the fountain seems to be glitched. Whenever I try to build a new fountain area or a wall the placement keeps flying off to the right! :rage: I might have to put this WIP on hold until this bug is fixed somehow :/
    My Origin ID: Heaveness680
  • Options
    Your Dream House build is so very nice! @MDianaSanders :) The exterior design and layout of the home looks so nice! The roof covered porch looks very nice. Very nice planter box windows. The wall ivy gives a very nice look to the build! It looks just the right amount in the build. Perhaps with the backyard you could do a combination of both, and have a patio surrinded by flowers? A gazebo where sims could paint on an easel would look great in the build!
    I will look forward to seeing updates on your WIP! :)
  • Options
    Heaveness wrote: »
    Hmmm unfortunately I hit a bad bug on my desert campsite WIP build. Whenever I try to place a tile the surrounding tiles disappear. This is making it very difficult to build and what even worse is that the fountain seems to be glitched. Whenever I try to build a new fountain area or a wall the placement keeps flying off to the right! :rage: I might have to put this WIP on hold until this bug is fixed somehow :/

Hello @Heaveness .
    This link to refers to your issue. The issue affects certain lots,
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Creating-Basement-Causes-Terrain-Slope-on-Certain-Lots/m-p/4449291#M10427
    Can you try moving your WIP to another lot ?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Hi, everyone! I'm working on a house which will be part of a story. It's supposed to be a ranch/farm house set in the American West. This is what I have so far:

HayesRanchExt.png
    HayesRanchLayout.png
    HayesRanchExt2.png

I'm looking for suggestions for the exterior especially. It's supposed to be simple. The family (parents and a small boy) will not be poor, but will not have a lot of possessions. I'm still working on the interior. Oh, and I'd really like to find a better horse. I guess I'm willing to use CC if anyone has suggestions for sources, though I'd prefer not to. Thanks for your help! :)
    Post edited by StSciurus on
  • Options
    Your American West WIP is looking very nice! @StSciurus :) It is capturing the theme very well! Very nice exterior design of the ranch/famhouse! The roofing and porch looks very nice. The horse pen looks great. Sims will have fun playing horseshoes at their home. Very nice layout of the interior of the home. The flooring suits the type of home.
    The build is looking great! :)
  • Options
    HeavenessHeaveness Posts: 647 Member
    @rosemow I have tried those methods before in my old WIP and it did not work unfortunately. So I was stuck with a Lot that I couldn't finish or couldn't progress any further unless I found some kind of trick of loophole. If it doesn't work out I might as well start over :) just means I have to work even harder lol
    My Origin ID: Heaveness680
  • Options
    Heaveness wrote: »
    @rosemow I have tried those methods before in my old WIP and it did not work unfortunately. So I was stuck with a Lot that I couldn't finish or couldn't progress any further unless I found some kind of trick of loophole. If it doesn't work out I might as well start over :) just means I have to work even harder lol

I am sorry that you have had these issues @Heaveness . I hope that if you need to redo your WIP , the second version goes more smoothly.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Your American West WIP is looking very nice! @StSciurus :)

I haven't been on the forums for all that long, but I've noticed how very sweet and thoughtful you are to everyone, @rosemow . Thank you for taking the time to look at my WIP! :)
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Wonderful WIP's, everyone! I really enjoyed seeing of these! :smiley: Thanks again for sharing your WIP's and finished builds here! I updated my list post. :)

@Heaveness Sorry to hear you having issues on your Desert Campground WIP! I see that @rosemow is right, this was the issue regarding the slope which occurs when building a basement/pool/fountain. This was affected on selected lots unfortunately. Hope you're making another version of your build! :)

@MDianaSanders Ooh, I love your Futuristic House WIP! :smiley: The roofing is very creative! Love the glass roofing you did too! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing your finished build! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    @StSciurus If by "exterior" you mean the outdoor area rather than the actual outside of the house (which looks fine, maybe add spandrels on the porch), I have a couple of suggestions. I guess it depends on how "historical" you want it to look and how much space you have.
    • You could place a firepit/bonfire somewhere outside, maybe place a few of the OR log benches around it.
    • Toolshed of some sort (preferably with the run down wooden sidings from Spooky stuff, but the base game has some things in that direction too).
    • Construe something with fountain, MOO some rocks on it, use the barrel-like trashcan and maybe some sort of sculpture to suggest a fountain/waterpump (I know you already have the decorative well and a pond there, so maybe too much water).
    • Build a small stable by the paddock, could be just columns with a roof on it, as a small shelter for the horse.
    That's all I can come up with for now :) Hope it inspires you (if you haven't already finished the build!)

@RyeCris16 Actually, the futuristic house I shared was already finished (which is why I shouldn't share it in this thread in the first place ;)).
  • Options
    Sorry for posting again, but I think you guys might appreciate this. I made these screenshots for the sake of my story and basically is the entire "construction process" of the last WIP I shared (the one with all the wall ivy).

1qlhchg8ly9d.png
    704bt7vi4dhd.png
    fqqbxqgku42y.png
    sv1ol1y351ry.png
    dv6jr7l24e3m.png
    z5m3jcd9fi7e.png
    mwxwa61o930v.png
    ew1dhjblvp2a.png
    if9mln0ev8wf.png
    v66mvof3xpzd.png
    0n68a0maerpe.png
    0lrcamo038x7.png
    xpcjuj3wg75n.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @StSciurus If by "exterior" you mean the outdoor area rather than the actual outside of the house (which looks fine, maybe add spandrels on the porch), I have a couple of suggestions. I guess it depends on how "historical" you want it to look and how much space you have.

All your suggestions are great! Thank you so much. I will see what I can fit into the lot.

By the way, I love the construction images of your house! <3
    Post edited by StSciurus on
  • Options
    It is great seeing the screenshots of the costruction stages of your WIP @MDianaSanders :) It is nice seeing the bulld from the start , then progressing through to the finished shell.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top