Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grace, A Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge//Update August 16th

Comments

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    This made me so sad she was alone...J should be there!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    I like the name Clementine for a girl, it reminds me of Clementine from The Walking Dead
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    This made me so sad she was alone...J should be there!

I bet that if she asked him, he would. Instead in game I asked her mother. Who wandered of the moment they arrived at the hospital. So I left that part out :D
    Hope that now you know that, you don't feel that sad anymore.
    Ruby10990 wrote: »
    I like the name Clementine for a girl, it reminds me of Clementine from The Walking Dead

That's actually where I first heard that name! Clementine is the cutest little thing ever!
    @Sterretjeee Well, thanks for the info, but it still makes me sad about their relationship since I think J. would have wanted to be there. He doesn't hate her. Just hates being "kept". Totally understand.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @Sterretjeee Well, thanks for the info, but it still makes me sad about their relationship since I think J. would have wanted to be there. He doesn't hate her. Just hates being "kept". Totally understand.

I understand that! I still like J, right now their relationship bar is still in red. But that doesn't mean it'll never be green again. They do care for each other. ;)
  • LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    I hope they make up! :(
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Avery is having tough times, that's for sure. Taking care of the house and garden and soon the baby as well. She really needs someone to help her.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    cupcake12 wrote: »
    I hope they make up! :(

Anything might happen ;)
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Avery is having tough times, that's for sure. Taking care of the house and garden and soon the baby as well. She really needs someone to help her.

She manages everything! Maybe that when the nooboo's bigger it will get you easier! She doesn't really have time to find someome to help her right now.
    1.10 It's a nooboo!

ae0hup.jpg

Once arrived at the hospital, Avery was helped into a robe and her data was checked. A friendly nurse brought her to a hallway and pointed to the door at the end. "We'll be going in there." She said, but was then grabbed by her arm. "Emergency at floor 4, we need you!" The nurse looked at Avery in guilt, but Avery gave her a reassuring smile. "The door at the end of this hallway, got it." She said. "Go save a life." Avery then waddled to the door. She wasn't sure how she managed to stay so calm, but she was happy she did.

2hywjnc.jpg

A serious looking woman stood at the control panel of a bed with a tube like something surrounding it. "Avery Grace?" The woman asked. Avery nodded, she had become really nervous all of sudden. The doctor smiled at her. "Lay down please." Avery sat down at the bed and saw the nurse from earlier walk into the room. "Sorry for the delay." She apologized to the doctor.

ejhrw3.jpg

"Is it going to hurt?" Avery asked, the doctor who had failed to introduce herself smiled. "With the new techniques you shouldn't experience any pain. Maybe a little bit discomfort, but all prototypes could use improvement." Avery gasped. "Prototypes?"

312ck29.jpg

But no objections were on time, a red lamp tickled Avery's side. She wasn't sure what exactly it did, but it didn't hurt.

2hrz8so.jpg9urnrq.jpg

Still, the thought of this machine being a prototype worried her, up to the point where she started seeing things. She was however sure that her heart stayed into her body at all times and her mind was just playing tricks with her.

s339lg.jpg

A beautiful nooboo boy was soon laying in a little basinet next to the tube. The nurse helped Avery on her feet and handed her the clothes she brought from home. Avery felt funny, the huge belly that had been under her nose for the last months had disappeared. A sadness came over her, but then she saw the little wonder and those worries faded away.

2zf671v.jpg

"You're perfect." She whispered to the little life in her arms. The nurse smiled "Have you considered a name yet? So that I can hand you his birth certificate on your leave." Avery stroke the nooboo's tiny cheek. "Blue, Blue Grace." The nurse nodded and was about to make her leave when Avery looked her straight in the eyes. "Blue Jameson Grace." She said, as her eyes watered up. "That's a beautiful name."

el6v5w.jpg2mftya.jpg

"His name is Blue, mom." Avery held up her child so that her mother could take a good look. Blue, however, protested with loud gurgling. Avery shushed him. "He prefers being close to the chest when hold." She then brushed her nose against his. "That's way cosier isn't it." She whispered to him. "He's adorable, can I hold him?" Her mother asked, looking at the baby in awe. "Sure! Come over here, then I can get dad and Nova something to drink! Do you mind feeding him a bottle, while you're at it?"

1z14f49.jpg

"Hi there sweetie pie, I'm your grandmother! Your nana!"
    But as Avery walked out of the room, Nova walked in. "You want anything to drink?" Avery asked. "Water please, could you put it on the table?"Avery nodded and left the room. "What an adorable little thing." Nova said to her mother. "Do you think I can hold it?" Tanya nodded and handed Nova the nooboo.

k5c14.jpg

"Your water's on the table, awh look at the two of you!" Avery stood in the door opening and admired her sister holding Blue. "You did a really good job on this nooboo!" She said, making Avery laugh. "So, when will you get one?" The girl's mother interfered. Nova shook her head. "Probably when hell freezes over, there's still so much to see of this world!" Avery nodded. "Indeed, so since I can't anymore. Can you at least watch Blue while I tend my garden? I feel like I've been neglecting it." As Nova cuddled blue she answered. "I'd be more than happy to."

ot0kfb.jpg

On her way out, Avery ran into her dad. She felt he had a hard time looking at her. "Are you mad?" Avery asked. He immediately shook his head. "No, not at all! I just have to get used to the idea of being grandfather and.." Avery sighed. "Not having a son in law." Hugo nodded. "I guess. Jameson was a really good man, Avery." Avery looked at the ground. "I know, but what happened, happened." She said. "And we weren't happy anymore." Hugo pulled his daughter into a hug. "Then find someone who makes you happy again." He said, petting her hair.
  • DotDebsDotDebs Posts: 163 Member
    What a beautifully done chapter! Breathtaking!
    dtl316 wrote: »
    What a beautifully done chapter! Breathtaking!

Thank you so much!
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    edited January 2016
    I hope she finds someone!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Can't wait to see how the genetics plays out on the little one.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    Marialein wrote: »
    Hallo little Blue. I love how you introduced him to his family. Very well written <3

Thank you, I'm totally smitten with him :blush:
    I hope she finds someone!

That would be so nice! She deserves the luck!
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Can't wait to see how the genetics plays out on the little one.

He has quite handsome parents, so I think he'll be okay. ;) It's always fun to see the little ones representing their parents!
    1.11 Let's get this party started

r9hmch.jpg

Living with a nooboo was certainly different from how Avery had imagined it. Whenever Avery wasn't working, she was parenting and vice versa. Now that Blue was still so little, Jameson would visit him from time to time. He would play with him and Avery had some time for herself. Thanks to the internet (and satisfaction points, mostly) Avery was now a savant. Everything had seemed easier to master since then. And she could really use that, with her garden work and so. Avery didn't make a lot of promotions, but she didn't mind. She saw painting as a hobby that she earned money with. Not a profession.

2qa0d37.jpg

Avery had hoped that after the pregnancy, she wouldn't fall sick anymore. But dizziness overtook her and red spots appeared on her arms. "Plum, I don't want to infect Blue." She mumbled as she shuffled to the couch. It was evening and she just put him to bed half an hour ago. Eyes closed she listened if she heard him. But all was quiet. "Can't hurt to take a nap." Avery said as she laid down and once again closed her eyes.

zx1gfq.jpg

Some mumbling woke her up hours later, Blue was awake. To her delight the spots had disappeared and the room was no longer spinning. She quickly made her way over to the nursery before Blue would start crying. Pressing the little boy against her chest she caressed him. "Did you have bad dream?" Avery fell in love with her child a little more every day. "I can't believe one day you'll be a big boy." She muttered. "Never forget that I'll be here for you."

j7rxq1.jpg

Blue became a big boy even faster than Avery could handle. It felt like one day he just jumped out of his crib, ready to conquer the world! Not literally of course.

smekgk.jpg

Now that Blue had outgrown his crib, he was ready for a big boy room. Just like his mother, Blue was creative, he often went for her canvas making his own masterpieces. Blue also was an aspiring whiz kid. Science fascinated him more than anything and every time he received a good grade he was so proud. For that reason, Avery bought him a chess table on his 8th birthday. His father wasn't sure if he could make it that day, and there for Avery distracted her boy with this hard game.

es3gd1.jpg

However, Avery had a hard time playing against her little champion. To make the game at least a little bit fair, Avery pointed to the sky. "Look Blue! A Goliath Birdwing Butterfly!" The little boy turned his head in excitement and Avery shoved her endangered chess piece to safety. "I don't see it mommy!" Blue said as he turned his head back. "Must have flown away." Avery shrugged with a mischievous smile on her face. Blue turned his attention back to the game and immediately noticed the out of place piece. As he looked up to his mother she giggled.

2e1yjyc.jpg

But what goes around, comes around and like mother like son. As soon as Blue saw his chance he pointed to the ground. "What is THAT!" He shouted enthusiastically. Avery turned around only the look at nothing. Blue, however, quickly switched two chess pieces to his advantage. As Avery turned around she saw how Blue put his hand under the table again. "I didn't see anything." Avery said accusing. Searching the board for changes. "Must've been that Goliath Birdwing Butterfly you saw earlier." Blue answered, winking at his mother. Avery laughed about it making a move. Blue's entire face lit up. "Check mate!" He said, as he knocked over his mothers king with a horse. "Let's play another round!" His eyes lit up. "Maybe after dinner." Avery laughed. "I need to use the bathroom really bad, and my plants look kind of dried." Blue nodded. "Sure! I'll practice!"

smbxua.jpg

Avery stood up and walked to her garden. She harvested what was ready and tended her garden. From only a few feet away she heard her little boy making up a story with the chess pieces. The queen lecturing the king, for walking further than he was allowed. Blue's imagination made Avery smile. His innocence was the most precious thing she had ever seen. May he never change. Walking up to the big trees next to her house Avery scanned the sidewalk in front of her house. J was nowhere to be seen yet. She knew he said that if he didn't make it today, he would drop by tomorrow but she felt bad for Blue. His birthday was today after all.

16apjlh.jpg

Blue on the other side of the wall, didn't seem to mind at all yet. "Move aside, peasant!" He yelled at a piece, knocking it over with the piece in his hands. "This is MY kingdom. And I'm the king!" He said with a deep voice. He then proceeded to put on a high voice. "Move away from there, love! You're in danger!" He said as he moved the queen in front of the king. "I'll protect you!"

"Mom, can we have pizza tonight?" Blue then yelled to the yard, as his stomach growled. "It's my birthday!" "Sure, honey! I'll order in a few minutes, okay?" His mother responded. "Okay." He answered, not quite yelling anymore. But satisfied with the thought of pizza. "If you don't start listening to me, no pizza for a week." He mimicked the queen to her husband. It was the worst punishment he could think of.

24z95ap.jpg

Soon Avery called in her son for dinner. The pizza delivery guy had brought them one big pizza to share. "Are we still going to play afterwards?" Blue asked full anticipation. Avery nodded. "Sure champ, as long as you leave time for your homework." "I always do!" Blue said proudly, nibbling on his pizza. For a minute the pair ate in silence. "Is dad coming today?" Blue asked. "He said he'd try." Was the best answer Avery could think of.

k3xgr4.jpg

Blue in CAS, he looks so much like his mother. Blond haired and blue eyed. I don't know if anyone ever noticed, but Blue had brown eyes as baby. I really love his eyes and am super curious as what he'll look like in his teens. Blue is creative and his aspiration is whizz kid. I hope to fulfil that with him
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Whenever I think of the name Blue I think of 1) Blue from Foster's home of imaginary Friends. and 2) Blue Ivy Carter
    Marialein wrote: »
    Blue is such a sweet child. I think he got the eyes of J but the color of Avery

I really like the mix of genetics! He really represents both his parents!
    Ruby10990 wrote: »
    Whenever I think of the name Blue I think of 1) Blue from Foster's home of imaginary Friends. and 2) Blue Ivy Carter

Hahaha, this time I wasn't inspired by anything. Just liked the name ;)
    edited January 2016
    1.12 Party aftermath

3343ryb.jpg

"I'm so happy that you made it, dad!" Blue cheered as his father hugged him. "Everything for you, Blue!" The pair hold on tight to each other for a few minutes. "I wish I saw you more." Blue muttered. Making J sigh. "I'll try, I really do!" And it was true, Jameson visited in the weekends and tried to make it after work at least three days in the week. It was the only commitment he didn't mind. Somewhere he hoped that Blue could stay at his house from time to time, but he didn't have a spare room. And besides that, parenting scared him. Avery did an amazing job at it.

xpn1bl.jpg

Soon Avery opened the door and took a few steps outside. "Are you planning to stay on the porch the entire day?" Blue laughed. "No mom! We were having some guy talk." Making his parents laugh. "Nice to see you, Jameson." Avery greeted him. Eight years had passed and he was still as handsome as ever. "Nice to see you too, Avery." Jameson always seemed to have a hard time looking Avery in the eye, and she could never quite put her finger on it. "Blue has been asking for you all day." She laughed. "Did not!" Blue claimed. As Avery caught Jameson looking at her she smiled. "Why don't you come inside for some cake?"

2ch5q82.jpg

"Mommy made me this super amazeballs chocolate cake!" Blue said as he made a puppy face towards his mother. "Can I have another piece, please!" Avery laughed. "Well, it IS your birthday." She served the boys both a piece and then climbed up the counter to sit. She needed another chair. "I got the most amazing gift, dad! A chess table! And I definitely beat mommy!" J laughed. "You did!" The boy nodded. "Yes! Even cheating didn't help her win the game." Avery's cheeks turned red. "You tried to cheat?" J raised an eyebrow and gave Avery a smirk. "Yeah she did!" Blue said enthusiastically. "That's because you're so good!" Avery said, winking at her child. "And don't think I didn't saw you move the pieces from time to time!" "Only once!" Blue defended himself. "Daddy! Do you want to play with me too?" J nodded. "Sure, just let me finish this delicious cake."

1zzrj3l.jpg

"It's no fun if you're so good at it." Blue said as his father knocked over yet another chess piece. "Do you want me to help you?" J asked, making his son nod. "See this piece here." He started tapping his finger on one of the pieces. Blue nodded once again. "Well it is allowed to move like this." He pulled the piece to a few different directions. One of them knocking over his own piece. Blue immediately took the piece and copied his father. "I didn't even notice!" Jameson laughed as his son from then on moved every piece the way they were allowed to when it was his turn. It was a silly and long taking technique, but it did help him win. "See! You're a natural!" Jameson said to his son. "Your mom did a good job picking out your present." Blue nodded. "She did! I love it!" "Well." Jameson said. "I brought you a present to." Blue's eyes opened wide. "You did?" "Of course I did!"

11b3nnd.jpg

The following morning both Blue and Avery had the day off, together they ate breakfast. "Did you have a nice birthday?" Avery asked. "The best!" Blue reassured her. Together they recalled the things they did and what they had liked best. "Grandma gave me some books." Blue said "Will you read them to me?" "Sure." Avery said. "Leave the dishes for what they are and let's cuddle up at the couch!"

9gznn6.jpg

Avery made lots of funny faces while reading her son about all the adventures the main characters went through. In only an hour or two they had read the entire book. "Wow." Blue said. "They have such interesting lives! I wish my life was an adventure like that! Going on quests and making people happy!" Avery smiled. "Some day it will be." She said as she kissed his forehead. "Now go freshen yourself up, and don't forget to make your homework. I have to do some garden work."

r10bux.jpg

After showering and dressing himself, Blue walked to the mirror and put on the hat his father had given him for his birthday. "It's the coolest hat ever." He said admiring it. His dad told him that he was convinced the thing brought luck, and that's why he bought it for Blue. Blue already felt luckier wearing it. "Now I'll definitely score an A on that test!"

9hhvzs.jpg

After doing his homework, Blue went outside to practise his chess some more. Often his parents played with him, but when he was alone the pieces really came to live and he would make his own story. Mostly about happy families, with lots of children. "I love you." He mimicked the king as he passed the queen." He then let a smaller piece move. "Do you want to play with me." He said in a high pitched voice. "He did however let the white and black pieces or 'families' be enemies. Else he wouldn't learn the best way to beat the other player. And so Blue's days existed out of chess in the weekends.

16kz6dy.jpg

Homework on school days.

2s7w70k.jpg

And then chess once again, after school had ended.
    Post edited by Sterretjeee on
  • sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    Caught up on your story! Blue is such an incredibly sweet kid!! And I just love his face! It'll be interesting to see him as he ages up, because right now he looks so much like his mom to me!
    sabreene wrote: »
    Caught up on your story! Blue is such an incredibly sweet kid!! And I just love his face! It'll be interesting to see him as he ages up, because right now he looks so much like his mom to me!

I'm so curious too! Bwaah :D But he just turned into a child, so our patience will be tested ;)
    edited January 2016
    1.13 Old flames

dqpr8i.jpg

Blue walked over to the playground near his home. A little boy had just left the pirate ship and Blue waved. "Hi! I'm Blue!" He said, exited to meet someone new. "I'm Ludo, and that's Pieter." He said as he waved to the boy on the deck. "We're playing pirate!" "Can I play too?" Blue asked enthusiastically "Sure." Ludo shrugged.

2md2frc.jpg

"I'll play the sea monster!" Ludo said as Blue climbed the ship. "Okay, I'm a pirate and so is Pieter!"

2jdi1vl.jpg

"Bite me, you filthy rotting pancake!"

2qwog79.jpg

"Jameson? Didn't Blue tell you? He's playing at his friends house." Avery stepped out of her house, confused as to why J was in front of her house. "Plum, you're right! I forgot!" J said. Avery giggled about his goofiness. "Well, now you drove over here anyway. Do you want coffee? Tea maybe? I expect Blue home in an hour or two." J nodded. "Coffee sounds good."

fkxxlt.jpg

"We don't get the chance to talk much." Avery said as she sat down, handing J his drink. "How's life treating you?" J smiled. "As per usual." He said, sipping his cup. "My life has been all about Blue and working." Another sip. The room was about to fall silent, but J was ahead of it. "I've been thinking about you a lot." He then said, not taking a sip this time. Looking at Avery to catch a response. Her cheeks where red. "Oh.." She said, not knowing the proper response."What kind of thinking?" "Thinking we weren't all that bad. you know. I never had anything with anyone like I had with you. Do you get me?" And Avery did get him, she went on a couple dates in the past years. Even briefly dated. But none were something to write home about. "Yeah, I get you." Avery's time to take a sip.

nv1t2q.jpg

"I guess it's kind of lonely." She added, not looking him in the eyes. The conversation was getting awkward. "I really enjoy spending time here, watching Blue grow. Here about all the things you taught him. All the thing you do with him." Sip. "He talks about you. A lot. And that makes me miss you." Sip. "You're basically my only contact, because my entire live resolves around this place. "Sip. "Then how about trying again?" Avery looked up, measuring his face. He was surprised. "Trying again? Oh creator, Avery." No more sips. J downed the rest of his drink in one sip and stood up, to put his cup in the sink. "I think I should leave. Can I use the bathroom first?" Normally he never asked. "Go ahead." Avery said, she was dumbfounded. As he left the house he told her the sink broke. Then closed the door behind him.

2yovnn9.jpg

Avery was confused. The talk had awoken old feelings she didn't even know she had. "Plum, J." She said, screwing the sink shut. Now those feelings had returned she cherished them, more than she should. And she hated it, the conversation hadn't properly ended. And she had so many questions.

k5m6q.jpg

"Did you and Ludo have fun?" Avery had taken a shower to ponder about what was said to her some more. And just when she had dressed herself, Ludo's mom had stood in front of the door bringing Blue home.
    "Yes we did!" We went to a playground with a SPACESHIP, mom! And Ludo was an astronaut and I was too! And his mom was a super scary spacemonster!" Avery listened to her son while eating her food, maybe she had peppered it a little too much.

rt0y1c.jpg

"And then we... Hot! Hot! Mommy my mouth is burning!" Avery new exactly what her son was talking about. She ran to the fridge and poured them both a glass of milk. "I'll be more careful next time." She promised her son. All he did was nod, without ever putting his glass away from his mouth. She had definitely peppered it too much.

2lwsvw6.jpg

In the mornings, Blue would often sneak out of the house to play chess. Right before school. He would get really concentrated when he did and that helped him achieve higher grade. In the beginning his mother had been mad that he just disappeared like that and they made a deal. After showering and finishing his breakfast Blue was allowed to play chess in the morning. Sometimes he stood up extra early to play a little bit longer. When Avery now walked past him she would just smile, knowing he did what he'd promised. Today was one of those days again, she greeted her son as she walked to her yard. While making Blue's bed she had seen a new berry growing from a plant through his window.

i1k380.jpg

She immediately saw that the berry wasn't some she recognized. Afraid that it'd be poisonous she planted it behind her house. Soon two little horns peeked up the earth.
    Ooh I wonder what shall happen with J and Avery! And congratulations on the cow plant! you must be close to finishing the aspiration then huh?
    Blue is so cute! He's one of those kids you want to keep around forever and not let them grow up, isn't he? And at the same time you're curious about his teenage looks. :smile:

Jameson definitely knows how to stir the waters, planting thoughts in Avery's mind until appliances break and meal gets too spicy. (I hope the spicy food glitch gets fixed soon, it's really annoying.).
    heffners_orig.jpg