Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Mansion on Horrid Hill--A Male Prettacy 5/24

Comments

• Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Goodness, I just realized why the Belle sisters are named why they are

Great chapter :)
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    I really loved that you thought of the spooky stuff cake of Harry's birthday cake! It really fits the theme of the whole story well! I like Blue better than Ringie, I think. She so clumsy in her way of speech, it's adorable!
  • Options
    RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    I like the friendship between Harry and Savage Thief :) It's nice to see that Harry has some more male companionship.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited January 2016
    Chapter 1.21

After Harry pulled on his drink, he couldn’t help overhear Tolly Belle consoling her sister. “Oh, don’t take it like that, Blue. You know Harry. He’s had a hard life growing up. Gnomes are not like us. He just doesn’t understand our ways. It’s not you.”

Wiping her tear-streaked face and sniffing, Blue said in a shaky voice, “But he...he was with Ringie and....” she let out a squeaking hiccup...”and I k-know I’m ugly. Plus he hates me now, Tolly. Y-You should have seen his face. N-No one could ever love... someone like me.”

Harry felt like a knee-high globstroppet. What was he doing? Here he was in the troll world and instead of understanding their ways, he just looked down his snooty nose at them, thinking his ways were best. But were they? He had just hurt poor Blue. And although he was not attracted to her, it was his duty to protect and take care of her. She was his family now whether he liked it or not. And he was doing a poor job of it.

Going up to Blue, he said, “Er...ye know, I never answered yer question about the dress, lass. I do think ye look very bonny indeed. It tis me favorite, but me thinks it’s the lady wearing it that makes it so.”

Cheeks reddening, Blue’s eyes widen in shock. All she can muster is a tiny, “T-Thank you.”

Screenshot_857.jpg

She wiped her face and whispered to Tolly, “I need to freshen up.” Without a glance at Harry, she scampered toward the castle bathrooms.

Noticing Ringie spying on them, Harry walked over to her to say hello when Rose came running over to him. “Da!”

Screenshot_861.jpg

She jumped into his awaiting arms and hugged him, saying, “Happy Birthday!”

Screenshot_864.jpg

“Awr, thank you, me little gingersnap. Did ye eat enough cake?”

Screenshot_865.jpg

She pulled back and nodded. “And I ate some pickled fingers and blood oysters, too. Yummy!”

“That’s me girl!” He patted her and straightened up, glancing around at the city that was so near to Savage’s home. But then he noticed Tolly almost for the very first time.

Screenshot_868.jpg

Tolly. Bonnie’s favorite and closest sister. She was the only one who never once tried to force herself on him. He would see her sometimes reading by herself in the library at home.

Screenshot_830.jpg

Screenshot_831.jpg

Thinking back on it, he never realized how truly beautiful she was—inside and out. His heart thumped thinking about it as her eyes locked onto his.

Face warming, Harry walked over to her and asked, “Did ye want something of me, lassie?”

Standing to face Harry, Tolly answered, “That was a kind gesture you made to Blue. It meant a lot to her.”

Screenshot_879.jpg

“Och, well, I meant what I said. She does look beautiful tonight, but if’n I’m telling truths, not as bonny as you.”

Letting out a breath, Tolly laughed, nervously, looking away. “My, what are they putting in the drinks tonight? I’ve never seen you this happy.” She stopped and peered into his eyes. “You’ve changed.”

Shrugging, he said, “Maybe. Or maybe I’ve just pulled me head out of me stinking arsse.

Screenshot_882.jpg

“I must apologize to ye, Tolly, fer I’ve been a dunderhead all this time. Bonnie always talked about you, ye ken. And I never took the time to get to know ye. I should be horse whipped and flogged and I’m ashamed at the way I’ve been acting. Bonnie would have me head, if she were here. She always did the right thing and wanted very much fer me to not be such a selfish arrse, but I never listened to her.” Harry sighed, looking down at his shiny patent leather shoes. “Would ye forgive me?”

“Oh, for heaven’s sake, Master,” Lionel interjected, “stop making speeches and get on with it already. Everyone knows you’re as selfish as a crown prince, but that is your right. I must say, we really need to work on your romantic demeanor.”

Screenshot_877.jpg

“I dinna ask fer ye opinion, troll.” But Harry knew Lionel was right and if he was ever going to have a decent thing happen to him in his life, he needed to seize the moment.

Screenshot_878.jpg

Putting down his drink, Harry swept up Tolly’s hands and whispered, “Come away with me, Tolly. Let us leave here with all these prying eyes and mutterers.” He stole a glare at Lionel who was still spying on them. “I want to get to know ye and make up for all the times I’ve neglected to speak with you.”

Screenshot_881.jpg

Looking away, Tolly said, shyly, “Alright. I know just the place you might like. It’s called the Haunted Shack and it’s only a few blocks away. They have a brilliant light that makes us looks like ghosts. Should be fun and the music isn’t too loud so we can talk.”

“Perfect.”

Screenshot_883.jpg

In a few moments, Harry found himself outside the Haunted Shack. Small flashes of lightning permeated the wispy dark clouds above and Harry could smell rain. He loved the smell of rain.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    Aw, how sweet! Has Harry found love again? I do have my suspicions that it was another trick, though... hmm.
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Little gingersnap, that's so cute! I feel sorry for Blue, though. It looks like he prefers all her sisters above her!
  • Options
    fierysimmerfierysimmer Posts: 92 Member
    Rose looks so much like her Dad!
  • Options
    Rose looks so much like her Dad!

Yes...Harry's genes are quite strong...(thinking about future nooboos, too!)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Thanks for the double update! Both are awesome :)
  • Options
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    Thanks for the double update! Both are awesome :)

Your welcome! I'm so far along in the story in-game that I really need to catch all of you up! I don't like being this far ahead so expect more soon!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    Wonderful news... and i already feel spoiled with the last 2 chapters. Lovely to see Harry lighten up a little and adapting to troll ways ;)
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Tolly is very beautiful, so I'm not surprised Harry can't resist her :) If it's new love then it's really wonderful <3
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Oh, Harry. I'm glad you're making up for the way you treated these ladies. BTW, I think they are incredibly beautiful @pammiechick
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited January 2016
    Double update, yay!
    Blue makes such cute faces. All the Belle sisters are gorgeous. I'm still rooting for Ringie, though. I kinda like that she took matters into her hands and might save the legacy. :smiley: Tolly looks a lot like Bonnie.
    By the way, I looked up what Tolly means in the dictionary and... oh my god... I'm going to pretend my dictionary is broken. :D
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    LOL! @Maladi777 I got Tolly from Toll the Bell or ring. I added a y because it sounded better--sort of like Ringie. Ha! I'm a little afraid of looking up that word! :tongue:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    LOL! @Maladi777 I got Tolly from Toll the Bell or ring. I added a y because it sounded better--sort of like Ringie. Ha! I'm a little afraid of looking up that word! :tongue:

Don't worry, even with what the dictionary says, the name fits the troll world perfectly. :smiley:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    Love it!! I just hope poor Ringie isn't too in love with Harry. ;)
  • Options
    BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    Awwwwww....good for Harry! I hope he finds some happiness
  • Options
    sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    I have a soft spot for Blue, she makes such faces. And Blue Belle! I think that might be my favorite of the names! (although Cow makes me laugh sooo much!) I was feeling a little sorry for Harry, always having rules (and women) thrust upon him, as he struggled to learn what it was he wanted. The more he fought, the worse it seemed to get! But now it seems like he might've decided to accept things, and Tolly seems such a sweetheart. If she was Bonnie's favorite, she'd have to be!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Chapter 1.22

When they entered, Tolly was right. The lights from the Haunted Shack gave them an eerie glow. He could hardly see Tolly’s face. Harry ordered some drinks and offered her a bowl of toenail crunchies.

Screenshot_884.jpg

The drinks went down fast and before Harry knew it, Tolly was giggling with him and dancing. Unlike what happened with Ringie, this attraction he felt toward her was real. Natural.

After they played darts and chess with Tolly beating Harry every time, he took her hands and led her toward the stairs.

Screenshot_885.jpg

Harry leaned in. “I wish there was a place we could go out of these fool lights. Do ye think there’s a spot upstairs?”

Screenshot_886.jpg

Tolly nodded and up they went, only it was a bedroom and private.

She slipped her arms around Harry’s neck and before he knew what was happening, he kissed her, pulling her tighter to him, noticing how she seemed to fit perfectly. He wanted her and he knew this time, it was right.

Screenshot_890.jpg

In the morning, as the sun’s rays peeked through the window slats, Harry couldn’t get enough of his Tolly. They kissed for a long time, enjoying each other. Harry didn’t think one minute of producing an heir or his uncle. All he cared about was the beautiful woman he wanted to give himself to. He was done with the sisters and the betrothal. This was the only lady for him, and he couldn’t wait to spoil her. Cherish her. It was amazing to him that she’d been there under his nose all this time.

Screenshot_891.jpg

By the late morning, they dressed, and Harry felt as if he was on the peak of a tall mountain. This was his girl. He whispered to her, “I want to take ye somewhere special, lass. Where would ye like to go?”

Elated by his affection, Tolly said, “Really? You’re so sweet. But it’s almost Rose’s birthday. Maybe we could go to Lifeless Loch after we have her party. I’ve always wanted to visit it. I heard there’s a snake like monster that lives deep under water. Plus, there’s a haunted mansion with ghosts who love company.”

Screenshot_889.jpg

He kissed her cheek and said, “Aye, lass. You’ve got a date to see monsters and ghosts then. And oy! Thank ye fer reminding me about me little Rose. Canna believe she’ll be almost grown soon. I’m just an old man now.”

Putting her forehead on his and stroking his face, she said, “Not too old to have another child, I hope.”

His eyes grew. “Child? Nay. I canna have another one. Got two. That’s enough fer me.”

She pulled him closer and begged, “Please, Harry. I’ve always wanted one of my very own. It’s just one more child to love.”

Not being able to resist her, he kissed her hands and promised, “All right then, me angel. I canna deny ye a thing when ye look at me like that.”

Several weeks went by and it was the night of Rose’s birthday. Tolly took her pregnancy test, hoping to share the joyous news with Harry at the celebration, but she was disappointed.

Screenshot_904.jpg

At Pumpkin Park where they were having Rose’s party, Harry caught up with his cousin, Grodie, saying, “Congratulations on your babies, cousin. I hear you’ve got three sons!”

“Yes, but I will give you a bit of advice. One at a time is best. Having three women pregnant at once is not good for the nerves. I’ve been in the dog house with them almost constantly until the babies arrived.”

Screenshot_901.jpg

Harry laughed, slapping Grodie on the back. “Dinna worry, me friend. I’m a one woman man now. If I’m in the doghouse, it’ll just be with her. Should be getting some good news any day now.”

Grodie winked. “You’re a sly one. That Tolly is a sweet girl. That’s capital news.”

Everyone danced and had a great time. Harry couldn’t believe how many friends he had and he thanked the Maker for blessing him. Even though he’d suffered through his life, it was times like these he cherished.

Screenshot_905.jpg

But then Tolly walked over to Harry. He noticed the sad droop of her mouth. “What’s wrong, me angel? Are ye sick? Do ye need to sit down?”

Screenshot_912.jpg

Wiping tears off her cheeks, she said, “I had the test. Oh, Harry. I’m not pregnant again! I think I’ll never be able to have children.”

Behind her, Ringie heard the news and couldn’t help but rejoice for she was jealous of Harry’s relationship with Tolly. She would bear him the heir, not her.

Screenshot_911.jpg

Harry wrapped his arms around her and said, “Och, sweetheart, dinna worry yerself. We’ll just keep trying. Dinna give up hope. Tomorrow, we’ll go to Lifeless Loch, alright? And there, we’ll make sure you’re with child. I wilna leave until we do!”

Tolly nodded and tried to smile, but the ache in her stomach told her it may not work. She was getting older, too.

Screenshot_913.jpg

It was time for Rose to blow out her candles on the strawberry cake.

Screenshot_916.jpg

She turned into a teen before everyone’s eyes. All marveled at her beauty and told Harry he’d better watch out for boys.

Screenshot_917.jpg

Harry snarled, “Just let ‘em come over. I’ll have me bat in one hand and a mace in the other.”

All his friends laughed at his joke.

Screenshot_928.jpg

Even Rose giggled. “Oh, Da...I’m not interested in boys. Only my studies.”

“That’s me girl,” Harry crooned, so proud of his daughter and very thankful she was born in the troll world. Unfortunately, she’d inherited his looks, but everyone else thought her a beauty. Who was he to deny this?

Screenshot_927.jpg

Harry’s uncle pulled him aside and asked, “So, how is the heir making going? I see that Ringie is about to pop. And you’ve been trying with Tolly? Right? What about Blue and Cow?”

Screenshot_932.jpg

Harry rolled his eyes, picking up a horseshoe. “Uncle, I’m tired of giving ye these reports. If Ringie has a boy then I’m done. Tolly is me girl now. I wasn’t raised like this. I dinna like having four wives. And if ye want to kick me out then go ahead and get it over with.”

Screenshot_934.jpg

Uncle Flobbish laughed and nudged Tolly in the side, “Who ate his tea crumpet? I merely asked him a question. Can you get him to see reason?”

“Oh, uncle, you’ll just have to excuse Harry. He’s quite the hothead you know. Just mention my sisters and steam will literally hiss out of his ears.”

“Quite. Well, that’s what you get when you raise a child with gnomes.”

Both of them laughed.

Screenshot_935.jpg

Harry flung a horseshoe at the pit. It missed. “Ye do know I’m standing right here and can hear every wee dumbleblast thing yer saying about me.”

Screenshot_936.jpg

“Yes, Harry, my sweet. Now step aside and let us show you how to throw a shoe.”

Uncle Flobbish lobbed the horseshoe in the air. Clank. “Score!” he cried.

Screenshot_937.jpg

Harry put his arm around Tolly and said, “Me uncle wins again.”

Leaning her head on his shoulder, Tolly answered, “No...this time, I think you did.”
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Rose looks kind if sweet. I hope for Harry and Tolly to have a child together and of course I hope for Ringie to get a boy :)
  • Options
    TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    Wonderful to see Rose growing up so fast and such a troll beauty at that :) Great to see Harry falling in love again. Let's just hope an heir will present itself soon too.

Hugs
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Hfff... Let's hope Lacey doesn't get wind of this, for Tolly's sake. :cold_sweat:
    Love the update. Rose is so cute =)
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    What a great chapter! <3 I hope Tolly and Harry will be more lucky next time and it's good to see Rose grown up to a nice lady :)