Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Mansion on Horrid Hill--A Male Prettacy 5/24

Comments

• Options
    fierysimmerfierysimmer Posts: 92 Member
    This probaly won't be the last time this happens.......
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Oh this is so sad and funny at once. I always have to giggle at the gnomish language Harry uses in all these precarious situations. :smiley:
    I feel sorry for Ringie though. I'm really fond of her. She would be a good wife for Harry.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    nessanewbynessanewby Posts: 241 Member
    hahaha awww, poor Harry! But he'll recover. And I'm sure Lionel will recover enough to meddle in his business again! Loved it as usual Pammie! <3
  • Options
    TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    Oh, the ordeal again! Everybody seems to be doing the thinking for him. Who says Harry is not able to make his decisions in his own mind? Good to see Harry sticking up for himself. Great chapter, pammie!

Hugs
  • Options
    LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRR Lionel stop messing with poor Harry >:)
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Good intentions aren't always appreciated, Lionel!
    Cause sometimes they're not as good as you think.
    I hope he learned his lesson!
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    I feel sorry for Lionel. But you know, I'm not surprised. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Still, I do like Ringie and I think she'd make a great mum.
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Hm poor Harry, everyone's meddling with him. But I also like Ringie and hope the nooboo will be a heir so Harry doesn't have to go through it all again :)
  • Options
    RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    I agree with what @Twiggy said. No one seems willing to let Harry control his own circumstances. I hope he can establish some boundaries with Lionel soon! But Lionel seems like the meddling type :lol:
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited January 2016
    Chapter 1.19

Days passed and Ringie avoided the ire of Harry, hiding out with Lionel in the kitchen or playing the piano in the music room. But her nausea was too strong to be anything other than pregnancy. She decided to approach him with the news after he’d finished tinkering with his contraption. Usually he was in a good mood.

“Harry,” Ringie said, tentatively. She didn’t like the scowl on his face. He wasn’t happy to see her. “Might I have a word with you?”

Screenshot_810.jpg

“Aye, but make it quick. I’m not done with altering the calibrations to this beast of a machine.”

Taking in a deep breath, Ringie let out what she believed to be true, “I think I’m pregnant. I’ll be sure in a few days once I take a pregnancy test.”

Screenshot_815.jpg

Harry grunted. “I knew that, lass, when we came home the other night. Not much to do is there now?”

Swallowing the bile in her throat, Ringie asked, “May I stay even after the baby is born? You won’t kick me out, will you? I could always go back to my brother, but he’s already taken in a third woman and all three ladies are with child. It would not be a pleasant stay.”

Screenshot_814.jpg

Harry’s face contorted as his eyebrows rose sharply. “Good Maker in heaven, I canna understand troll behavior or ridiculous thoughts. I am NOT heartless. O’ course ye will stay here and raise our baby. How could ye even ask such a globstroppet question as that?”

Screenshot_813.jpg

Letting out a breath, not realizing she was holding it, Ringie explained, “Well, that’s what many men do if things go...awry. I’m glad to hear it.”

Harry shook his head. “I’ve got decency about me unlike this Maker forsaken place. I dinna understand how any man worth his salt would ever kick out a mother of his child. “ Harry thrust his finger in the air. “And furthermore, if me uncle throws us to the streets, ye will be coming with me. I’ll not have me family separated. If I get the plants me da writes about in his journal, then I’ll be able to build me own castle one day and be rid of this burden on me back. I dinna intend to take another lassie to me bed, if’n ye were wanting to know. I’m done with women. Done with siring an heir fer me uncle, too. And if yer sisters even so much as wink at me, I’ll take the whole lot of us to live in the trees with the fairies.”

Ringie had to stifle a laugh at Harry’s blustering. He was very cute when he was mad. To hide her feelings, she just shrugged and said, “Very well, Lord Horrid. I’ll let my sisters know. I doubt very much they’d like to live in trees.”

Screenshot_812.jpg

Many days passed and sure enough, Ringie was pregnant.

Screenshot_816.jpg

But unlike her sister, Bonnie, who had her whole future planned out with Harry and could sire as many children as they wanted together because Harry loved her so, Ringie knew this was her only chance to be the mother of an heir. An old witch had once told her the way to have a male child. Eat carrots. Many carrots. And so she planted them in the conservatory and tended her garden unbeknownst to Harry for she knew he’d frown at such tampering.

Screenshot_817.jpg

As her belly swelled, the vegetables ripened and then one day, they were ready. She crunched the sweet roots, hoping her plan would work. She hated not even being a friend to Harry anymore. He wouldn’t really speak to her and kept to himself. But if she could give him a little boy, maybe he would see her as a woman and eventually come to love her. Her brother loved every one of his ladies and treated them all special.

Screenshot_818.jpg

After she ate as much as her stomach would allow, Ringie decided to get some fresh air outside. The cool wind whipped around her, but it didn’t make her feel any better about her situation. Why were gnomes so different? Because even though Harry was all troll, on the inside, he was pure gnome. Why couldn’t they share love? It was all so upsetting to Ringie.

Screenshot_820.jpg

As Ringie’s thoughts sank deeper, an unwelcome voice rang out. “Why are you moping about?” Blue asked. “At least you have his child in your womb. He won’t even so much as look at me. I will be a spinster for the rest of my days. I’m too young for this!”

Screenshot_822.jpg

Ringie arched an eyebrow. She’d had enough of Blue’s complaining. Couldn’t she see her situation was worse? Harry hated her now. He was only indifferent to Blue. “Why stay then if things are so bad? You know our betrothal is not binding.”

Blue glared at her and picked up another dirty dish. Ringie didn’t understand why her sister always cleaned when the maids would do it, but maybe it gave her a purpose to live in the mansion. “You know why, sister. I’ll list them for you: Pumpkin, Purple, and People Eater.”

Ringie rolled her eyes at the mention of her brother’s wives. All were so simpering and what was it that Harry called them? Oh yes. Eedgits. All of them. She chuckled to herself. But thinking about what Harry would call them only made her pain increase. “You could always try with Harry only I think you’d have to get used to living outside.”

When Blue gave her a startled look, Ringie only laughed. At least she had this inside information from the lord and master.

“What are you going on about?” Blue chided.

Biting her lip, Ringie answered, “Nothing.”

Blue shook her head and headed for the trash downstairs.

Screenshot_824.jpg
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Harry is so funny sometimes, I laughed together with Ringie :D And he is really cute troll, I love him very much :)<3 I hope things will change to better side and Harry will get along with Ringie and her sisters, maybe he'll have even more children ;)
  • Options
    AleksendruckenAleksendrucken Posts: 38 Member
    It would certainly be sad if Ringie had a daughter now after everything she's done to make it a boy :)
  • Options
    reciprocityreciprocity Posts: 9 New Member
    Blue's hair is so pretty :)
  • Options
    fierysimmerfierysimmer Posts: 92 Member
    Even though Harry loves (hopefully not loved) Bonnie I feel like him and Ringie would make a great match.
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I totally ship Harry and Ringie. :smile: And I can't stop admiring all those dresses. So beautiful.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    I'm really loving Ringie! I don't know if Harry will ever feel the same way, not with so many women around in his life, but I feel for her so much! Wonderful chapter!
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Here's to still having hope that Bonnie's alive! Ringie is nice and all, but I am allergic to manipulating. And she kinda does that. I would be happy for her if she gives birth to a boy, though. She's not a bad person after all.
  • Options
    I say poor Harry...he has to live with four women all vying for his attention PLUS kiddos. :lol:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    I say poor Harry...he has to live with four women all vying for his attention PLUS kiddos. :lol:

I so agree with you @pammiechick :)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Chapter 1.20

It was a glorious afternoon. Harry smelled the fresh flowers in full bloom at his friend, Savage Thief’s home. He was throwing Harry a birthday party with every amenity. Body Massacre introduced Harry to Savage when he went over to Body’s house for darts and drinks several weeks ago. Savage was one of three brothers with the same kind of predicament as Harry—meaning he, too, had an odious relative who was yanking him by the knickers if he didn’t do what the entitlement entailed. Savage was the eldest, so he was the one to produce the heir and with five women and counting, had failed to do so. Instantly, they bonded, smoking cigars and talking about the onerous duty of a son with an estate trust.

Screenshot_832.jpg

Duties be plummed, Harry decided that today he wouldn’t think about anything except having fun with his friends and family. He wanted to be nice to the Belle sisters as well. He’d been feeling a bit guilty for how aloof he’s been these past months.

Screenshot_833.jpg

Inside, Lionel was in a rare good mood, whipping up a special cake just for Harry.

Screenshot_835.jpg

Putting on the finishing touches, he sang a lively tune to “She’s a Zombie Now”.

Screenshot_836.jpg

As the evening progressed, Cow Belle made sure the bartender and entertainer separated and started working. Seemed they shared a mother and didn’t know it until now.

Screenshot_838.jpg

Cake finished and ready for Harry, Cow turned out the lights and lit the candles.

Screenshot_839.jpg

Lionel made an announcement, “Hear ye, Hear ye! It is Horrid Time! Come one, come all!”

Screenshot_840.jpg

With that, Harry made a wish to have a son and then blew out his candles.

Screenshot_842.jpg

After the sparkles settled, Harry rubbed his hands together, promising himself to take things one day at a time and not be so serious. He was at a crossroads in his life, after all, and was about to have another child. People did love him, although he wasn’t sure if it was for him or for his money, but regardless, he decided to see things in a positive light.

Screenshot_844.jpg

As Harry ate a bit of cake, Savage came in to congratulate his guest of honor.

Screenshot_846.jpg

“So, old chap, how does it feel to be so...well...old?” Savage chuckled at his joke.

Harry swallowed down the sweet delight of the zombie cake and laughed. “I dinna feel a bit different, me friend, so ye can take that fer being old. Yer only a few months behind me now. On that day, I’ll lift me cup to ye and sing a soft ballad in yer honor as me old bones surely will be bent by then.”

Screenshot_849.jpg

His friend laughed. “All right, but today you are my guest and my elder at that so please enjoy yourself. There’s a bar outside and a beautiful bartender. You may want to have a go at her. That is unless you’re still tied down to those Belles.”

“Aiy that. Tied I am and tied I’ll stay, I’m afraid. What would I do with yet another lassie? Nay. No matter though. I’m a confirmed bachelor even though my house is teeming with ladies.”

Screenshot_848.jpg

With a chuckle and a wink, Savage left Harry to speak with his other guests. So, Harry ate the rest of his cake and went in search of a drink outside.

As he approached the bar, he noticed Blue all by herself, seated at a table. He motioned her over and asked, “Would ye like a drink, lassie?”

Beaming, Blue nodded, her head almost bobbing off her neck. She couldn’t believe Harry actually talked to her and offered her something! It was a miracle!

Screenshot_853.jpg

“Och, then come over here and let me know what ye would like.”

Quickly, Blue moved next to Harry and stammered, “C-Could I have a mummy splash with extra blood syrup, please?”

Harry smiled at the silly name of the drink. He’d never heard of it. “Make that two only go easy on the syrup. I like me drink a bit dry.”

With a flourish of several bottles, the bartender slammed two glasses down, fizzing to Harry’s liking.

Screenshot_850.jpg

As they sat together, Blue said, “Thank you for thinking of me, Harry. That was so nice of you. Does this mean....what I’m trying to say...well, um...did you notice I’m wearing the dress you said you liked so much on Ringie? I know I’m not as pretty as she is but if it’s me you want next I’d be more than happy to...”

Screenshot_852.jpg

Harry’s insides shriveled. Quickly, he cast a hand up to stop her. “Och, no, lass. Please. I’m verra sorry and I dinna mean to offend you but I just cannot. Not now anyway.”

Screenshot_855.jpg

Seeing the horrified look on her face, guilt hit Harry square on the chin and he couldn’t face her for another second. Downing his drink, he wiped his mouth and got up, bowing to her, saying, “I think I’ll have another.”

Screenshot_856.jpg

Almost running to the bar, he signaled the bartender.

Screenshot_854.jpg

“Another one, sir?”

“Nay. Make it a Twisted Omen. Straight up.”

A wicked smile swished over the bartender’s face. “I see you’re in celebration mode. As you wish!”

Downing the potent drink, he flushed all his guilt with the volatile spirits, hoping he could get through this night without hating himself in the process.

Screenshot_860.jpg
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Poor Harry :D All women want to have him :D I also feel sorry for Blue, but I think she'll still get him ;) I liked a song "She's a Zombie Now" :D
  • Options
    @roseinblack69 When I saw Blue's pitiful face, I almost cried. Poor thing. She has it bad for Harry. Probably more than the other women. :cry:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    I guess if the Belle sisters would have more sisters Harry would be soon crazy and would only hide because everywhere in his huge manison would be a girl behind him :D