Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Mansion on Horrid Hill--A Male Prettacy 5/24

Comments

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Thank you @nessanewby ! You too! Hoping to update SOMETHING today...ha!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    I literally gasped when Harry saw the urn. Was not expecting that! I feel so sorry for him and Rose :'(

It was fun meeting the other Belle sisters though. But I'm still holding out hope that our fifth Belle sister will return to us! (crosses fingers)
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Rule #1 of stories and movies. If you don't see someone die, they didn't die xD
  • Options
    ElesmeraElesmera Posts: 556 Member
    I hope you're right @Julyvee94
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Chapter 1.15

The following night was Body Massacre’s Men-Only party. Harry was more than ready to go in order to relieve himself of female company. After Cow inexplicably walked in on him taking a bath, he’d had enough of strangers invading his home, and so, he arrived at Body’s spacious mansion, happy to be there.

Screenshot_683.jpg

Unfortunately, he saw Lord Ding Belle sitting on the couch, forcing the memories of Bonnie and their first date rushing back to him. A pang pulled at his mouth as he struggled back tears.

“Dearest Harry,” Ding said, putting his hand to his heart, “Sad tidings bring us together I’m afraid. That said, I’m very happy to see you here, dear brother, and forever grateful to you for taking in all my sisters. I hope they ease your wounds. Just watch out for Cow. She’s a feisty one and will have you wrapped around her finger if you’re not careful. Tolly is the sweetest of the bunch. Will make you a warm mug of spiced bloodywine if you give her a wink and pay special attention to the book she’s reading. Now Blue is a bit of an odd raven and will laugh or cry at the drop of a thistle and sometimes she yells at herself. Quite alarming, if you ask me. You may want to avoid her. And then there’s Ringie. Get her to play piano for you, old chap, and your troubles will seem to melt away.”

Screenshot_686.jpg

The last thing Harry wanted to do was talk about the Belle sisters, so he only grunted and nodded then got up and turned on the t.v., hoping for a diversion from Ding’s incessant talking.

But it didn’t help. “Where are you going, brother? You haven’t told me how you’re getting on with my sisters. And how is your little Rose? I hope she’s holding up. Tolly will read her bedtime stories, I’m sure and...”

Harry broke in, “Och, Rose is fine...er...thank ye fer askin. If ye don’t mind, I’ll be fetching a wee drink. Where is the bar?”

Screenshot_689.jpg

“In the next room.” Ding smiled up at him, making Harry feel a bit guilty for not wanting to visit with him, but he just couldn’t take it. The memories of Bonnie hurt so deeply that just seeing Ding made his stomach jumble in tight knots.

As Harry approached the bar, his shoulders drooped. He couldn’t shake his depression and decided to get stinking drunk.

Screenshot_690.jpg

He wanted to make a flaming hot whisker, a gnome favorite, but instead of a dram of alcohol, he poured in the whole bottle.

Screenshot_696.jpg

The glass nearly exploded when he set it aflame.

Screenshot_692.jpg

Shrugging, Harry strolled back to the living room and sat down next to Grodie. He didn’t see Ding anywhere and was eternally grateful to the Maker for that. He slurped his drink, ignoring the painful sting as the alcohol plummeted down his throat.

Screenshot_694.jpg

“Eh, Grodie, where did all the men go?” Harry asked, looking around at the empty room. “Twas a whole lot of ‘em here just a bit ago.”

“They’re under the stars smoking cigars, I believe. Want to join them? Body just got in a shipment from Granite Falls.” He leaned in and whispered, “Fairy made, if you know what I mean.”

Screenshot_697.jpg

Harry did not know what he meant but ignored it. Troll behavior was so foreign to him that he decided it was best not to try and figure them out. So he just slurped on his very strong drink, listening to the soothing music playing on the large machine.

“Come on, cousin!” Grodie urged. “It’ll be fun. Take your mind off your troubles. And we both jolly well know you need it.”

Screenshot_699.jpg

“If it’s all the same to ye, cousin, I’ll just sit here with me wee drink and listen to the tunes. Go on and enjoy ye cigars with them if ye please. Don’t mind me.” Harry took a long pull of his now warm drink. It wasn’t stinging him as badly anymore.

Grodie shrugged. “I don’t mind at all sitting here with you. I know...I’ll make us a special Devil Star Punch and then we can watch a bit of telly. We’ll have a jolly good time, just you wait!”

Screenshot_698.jpg

And then he was off. It was all the same to Harry. He wasn’t in the mood for a jolly good time. He was in the mood to pass out.

Screenshot_695.jpg

And pass out he did. After three cups of the Devil Star Punch which was so strong, it made his nosehairs twitch, Harry curled up on one of the couches as darkness overtook him.

Screenshot_700.jpg

Later that night, Ringie strolled in, hands on hips.

“What are you doing here, Lady Belle?” Grodie hollered. “This is a men-only party that means NO WOMEN!”

Screenshot_701.jpg

But instead of listening to him, she blew right past him and yelled, “Harry Horrid, get on your feet this instant!”

The shouting woke Harry up and he gingerly rose to a sitting position, which was hard since the room kept spinning like a carousel.

Screenshot_706.jpg

Yawning and smacking his dry lips, Harry said, “Oy, is that you, Ringie? This is no place fer a woman. What in Maker’s name are ye doing here?”

Screenshot_703.jpg

Ringie glared at him and said, “Come sit by me. I want to have a word with you.”

Without thinking or even noticing the fury blazing in Ringie’s eyes, Harry obeyed.

Ringie rounded on Harry immediately, finger raised. “What is the meaning of you sneaking out of the house without a word to any of us where you were or what you were doing? Rose has been worried sick about you and came crying to us in the night because you were nowhere to be found. She thought you were dead like her mother and it took us several hours just to calm her down. Even Lionel didn’t know where you were! Luckily, I knew about this party and called only to have NO ONE answer their phones. What do you have to say for yourself?”

Screenshot_707.jpg

“Rose was worried? Och, I dinna realize she would be up at such a late hour. I was just having a wee drink with some friends but I’ll be home in the morning so tell me sweet lassie not to worry about her daddy.”

Screenshot_711.jpg

“Not to worry?” Ringie shouted. “I’ll do no such thing! You are coming home with me this instant, Harry Horrid, and you will never abandon your child like this again. Do you understand?”

Screenshot_709.jpg

Harry raised his arms, bewildered. He wasn’t sure if this was just a nightmare or real. He was hoping for a nightmare. “What are ye saying, woman? I’m not abandoning me child. Just an innocent night out with the boys is all. I’ll not have a woman order me about like some dog on a mush team. I’m a man and I’ll do as I please.”

“Yeah,” Grodie agreed behind him.

Screenshot_710.jpg

And then Ringie got a look in her eye that told Harry he’d best do as she said. Turning to Grodie, he winced, “Looks like the party’s over, cousin.”

“Yes. Quite,” Grodie commiserated and then he leaned in and whispered, “I have a wife and truly understand. I can’t imagine having four. You’d definitely better do as she says or there will be the devil to pay.”

“Aiy that. Four devils to be exact.”

Ringie jumped to her feet and harrumphed, pulling Harry along by the hand and out the door into the cool night.

Note to all: Special thank you to @Twiggy for her entry in the Harry Horrid Mansion contest! It is now Body Massacre's place and is very SPECIAL! She is using it as her own male prettacy story's mansion. You should check it out! Mezilkree Mansion
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Oh I really loved Ringie for her appearece at the party. She is also a beautiful troll lady
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    @pammiechick Blue's insane, no doubts :D
    I feel bad for Harry, he lost a deary beloved one (or so he thinks, we don't know that yet.) And her sisters roam around his house to remind him. But Ringie does have a point, you can't just leave your child without telling her who's watching her and how lang you'll be gone for. Harry has a lot to learn!

My heart always skips a beat when you post a chapter, I'm in love with your story telling!
  • Options
    @Sterretjeee Yes! Harry does have a lot to learn. It was easy with Bonnie because they functioned as a family and he cared but now...he's lost and I think the sisters will set him straight. Quickly! More fun to come! I'm so glad you like it! <3 Makes me happy to hear.

@Marialein Isn't she pretty? There are some stunning pictures of her coming soon...I think I love her black makeup. It makes her face stand out.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I'm starting to like this Ringie. I think Harry could use a strong-willed woman by his side. Even if only for a while. :smile:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Poor Harry...but Ringie is right.
  • Options
    sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    Ringie is gorgeous! (And I always think how handsome Ding is, everytime I see him!) I loved it when she stormed in, and gave Harry an earful. It's one thing to be depressed and want to drink your sorrows away, it's another thing when you have a daughter at home who just lost her mother. And while Harry loved Bonnie (and I did too), her family has lost her too, and they knew her for much longer than he did. Someone needs to give him a good talking to, and make him get out of his head to see other people have feelings too! And Ringie looks just the woman to do it!

Such a great chapter!
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    The question is: Is Lacey going to eliminate other women in Harry's life too?
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    What a bossy Ringie! I feel sorry for Harry :s 4 wives at home! :o He should feel like in hell >:)
  • Options
    fierysimmerfierysimmer Posts: 92 Member
    I feel so sorry for Harry, he truly is in a plum situation. Hopefully Bonny is doing better!
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    =) Great update @pammiechick
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    I'm loving Ringie's personality! And of course, she's very beautiful. Like you mentioned in an earlier comment, her black makeup really suits her.

I hope the Belle sisters can turn Harry's mood around. Sometimes you need a bit of tough love to make it through the hard times.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Chapter 1.16

In the morning, Harry found Rose crying at Bonnie’s grave.

Screenshot_633_1.jpg

Harry grabbed her arms and said gently, “Oy, me little gingersnap. What are ye doing out here? It’s too cold in the damp morning.”

Screenshot_637_1.jpg

“Oh, Daddy, I miss her so much. I can’t believe she’s gone. Will the hurt in my stomach ever go away?”

Screenshot_634_1.jpg

“I know, me sweetness. I feel it, too. Yer mother will always be a bonny place in our hearts, but would she want us to mope about all the time?”

Rose shook her head slowly.

Screenshot_636_1.jpg

“O’course not. So I’ve decided to try to think happy thoughts. Will you try with me?”

“I guess so, but it’s going to be hard.”

Ringie’s voice rose behind them. “Who wants sausage bisquits? Lionel has made a whole stack of them. They’re your favorite, Rose.”

Screenshot_635_1.jpg

Rose lifted the side of her mouth, trying to smile. “I do love sausage bisquits, Da.”

Patting her shoulders, Harry said, “That’s me good lassie. Run along and I’ll join ye. We’ll eat so much, sausage juice will dribble down our shirts and we’ll see how angry we can make Lionel.”

This got a little giggle out of Rose and she ran off toward the pungent smell of charcoal and seared spiced beef.

Lionel walked up to him. “I heard that. It is not healthy to encourage a child to muss up their clothes.”

Harry pursed his lips. “I knew you’d say that. What is it ye want, troll? I’m a bit tired from last night and needs me rest.”

Screenshot_640_1.jpg

“Your uncle wants a full report on how the baby making is going. You must have a baby on the way by the end of the week.”

Anger surged through Harry. He’d hardly had time to mourn Bonnie and his uncle was already breathing down his neck. “Ye can tell me odious uncle he can shove his baby making up his gory arrse!”

Lionel rubbed his forehead. “I realize it is not something you want to hear, Lord Horrid, but I will not be able to put him off forever. I do hope you will get on with choosing from one of the sisters. I do not want to serve a different master. I only recently got you broken in.”

“I’ll do as I please, fer yer information. And if me uncle has a problem with how long I’m taking, he’ll need to say it to me face and not hide behind me butler. Now move aside. Me bed is calling to me.”

Screenshot_639_1.jpg

When Harry awoke from his nap, he went into his study to pay a few bills and read up on how to improve his rocket skills. He’d come to a standstill in making the modifications outlined in his father’s journal to arrive at the village full of darkness.

Screenshot_732.jpg

But as he was working, he heard the most beautiful piano music drifting through the house. He had to find out who was playing.

He wasn’t surprised to see Ringie sitting at the piano in the music room. He’d heard she was a master pianist and to his enjoyment, everyone was right.

Screenshot_733.jpg

At the last note, Harry clapped and cheered, “Bravo, me lady. That was a right bonny tune. Play some more!”

Screenshot_734.jpg

So, Ringie played until her fingers hurt, filling Harry with joy.

Screenshot_736.jpg

When she was finished, they sat on the couch to chat. “Oy, how long does it take to learn how to play such lovely music?”

Screenshot_740.jpg

Ringie shrugged. “I’m not sure. I’ve been playing since I was a child. Some say I’m gifted in music. I love the piano especially. There’s nothing quite like a song to make sadness go away.”

Screenshot_742.jpg

“Aiy that. Thank ye fer playing. Yer fingers are as talented as Bloodie Massacre throwing me a pick up line.”

Suddenly, Ringie burst into laughter.

But although the mood was jovial, the hole in Harry’s heart seemed to grow even larger. He needed his Bonnie.

Screenshot_738.jpg

“Ah well,” he sighed. “I best get back to work. Thank ye kindly fer playing more songs.”

Ringie only nodded. What else could she do. Harry’s heart was shattered into innumerable pieces. She couldn’t fix it with a song.

A week flew by when Ringie felt the sting of Lionel’s tongue thrashing. “Do you realize you and your sisters will be out on your ear by tomorrow if you sit here and eat all the food I’ve prepared and do nothing to win Lord Horrid’s heart?”

Screenshot_749.jpg

Ringie takes another bite, sobering thoughts move through her. “I know. It’s not like I haven’t tried, butler. But his heart cannot be touched. He is wounded and no matter what I try, he isn’t attracted. We’re doomed.”

Screenshot_745.jpg

Lionel pulled at his hair. “Are you joking? He is very attracted to you, but do you really think anything is going to happen here when every stone in this mansion reminds him of his lost love? You must leave. Take him to a romantic place. Woo him, for Maker’s sake. Why I should be the one telling you this is beyond me.”

Screenshot_748.jpg

“I don’t understand why it has to be me," she reasoned, flipping her hand. "Cow is the best one to woo him. I am only his friend.”

Screenshot_746.jpg

“Because you have the best connection. He barely speaks to the others.”

“But...I know he’ll reject me.”

Screenshot_747.jpg

“Take him to the Dancing Scab,” Lionel offers. “They have romantic mood lamps there. Once he’s under the light’s spell, he will be putty in your hands.”

“But to trick him like that...”

Screenshot_751.jpg

“It is your best hope to preserve this family.” Lionel flicks his head to the side. “I hear him coming up to work on his rocket. Now go. And see to it you do not come home without at least kissing the master.”

Ringie swallowed down her sandwich. She could only hope Harry wouldn’t see through their ruse. He had a temper and she’d get kicked out once the baby was born if he ever figured out she’d put him under a spell.

Screenshot_752.jpg
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Harry.. of course it is hard to live without Bonnie but open your eyes. Ringie is a wonderful woman <3
  • Options
    ElesmeraElesmera Posts: 556 Member
    Great chapter @pammiechick
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Great chapter :)
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I like Lionel, he is such funny and interesting persona :D<3 Somehow I sense Ringie will know how to seduce Harry ;)
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Awhh! Harry's really stepping up his parenting game! I can't wait to see how little Rose will grow up to look like. <3

It seems like Ringie will be the next baby-mommy. I feel bad for both Harry and Ringie, but I can't wait to see how their little nooboo will turn out!
  • Options
    TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    Indeed a good thing! Nothing like a young one that needs care to take your mind away from the matters that weigh you down. Way to go, Harry! And i love how Lionel is stepping up to keep the family together. Go Go Ringie, make Harry want you dingie :wink:

Hugs
  • Options
    fierysimmerfierysimmer Posts: 92 Member
    Poor Lionel, he's trying so hard to help everyone but no one's really listening to him............. Unfortunately, I have a sneaking suspision that he's up to no good.
  • Options
    sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    I really feel for Ringie! I like her, she even looks pretty without her dark makeup on!