Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Mansion on Horrid Hill--A Male Prettacy 5/24

Comments

• Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Silly Lacey, silly and nasty >:) But let's see what will come next ;)
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Uh oh...things got really serious now. O.O
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Lacey is clearly delusional. I hope Bonnie is going to talk her out of it.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    Oh plum. Lacey really is insane, isn't she?! I loved the use of flashbacks, with everyone else blurry.
  • Options
    XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    How disgusting. Does she, by chance, have the insane trait?
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Honestly, Lacey. If you loved Harry, you'd let him be happy!

Love the update @pammiechick
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Good heavens now that's what I call a plot twist!
    If Lacey loved harry she would learn to act like it.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited December 2015
    @XSimMimX wrote: »
    How disgusting. Does she, by chance, have the insane trait?

Yes! She's nuts! :lol:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    Oh Lacey, she is nuts!
  • Options
    fierysimmerfierysimmer Posts: 92 Member
    Can't wait to start reading this! I just finished the amazon legacy, you're amazing at story telling.
  • Options
    @fierysimmer THANK YOU! I hope you like it. I've had a blast writing it. :)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    fierysimmerfierysimmer Posts: 92 Member
    I didn't like it, I LOVED it! Can't wait for the next chapter!
  • Options
    @fierysimmer Awesome! You're quick!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,723 Member
    Yep still loving the story. ... ;) awesome. ...
  • Options
    nessanewbynessanewby Posts: 241 Member
    Oh My! Lacey Lacey Lacey! Where is your padded room? Hopefully Bonnie can leave and bring back some help. Harry will have Lacey thrown out on her plum head! >:) Great update Pammie! It was certainly worth the wait, and loved the way you used your pictures in the flashbacks! <3 wonderful! Muah! :D
  • Options
    RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    All caught up now! I love love love the way you write Harry! He's such a sweet character, and I think the way he responds to everything that happens to him is very realistic. I felt so sad seeing him and his dad fight :'( I hope the dad returns and is able to redeem himself.

Also, I love the creativity you show in this story! I can't imagine how much effort it takes to create all those different sims and give them (freakin awesome) names and then finding/building all the different venues. You've really built a world here for your story, and I commend you for that. Loving the story so far! Just hope that Bonnie can escape from Lacey the nutjob!
  • Options
    CrzydramaqueenCrzydramaqueen Posts: 632 Member
    Just finished 1.2! Noooo! Poor Harry! He was so sweet before! Can't wait to see what happens next!
    cropped-vampiresig-e1486927472938.jpg
  • Options
    mjh4025mjh4025 Posts: 26 Member
    I love reading about Harry. I can't wait to read more about him.
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Harry, get back here RIGHT NOW, Bonnie is in trouble >:(
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Hey, fans of Harry and the Mansion of Horrid Hill! This week, we're talking about this story in Book Club ! I've posted the first round of conversation-starters, and the conversation will continue all through Friday!

Hope you can drop by to share your insights and joys of reading this story! :)

@pammiechick We hope that you have time to drop by, too, as we always love to hear from the writer! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Thanks, @CathyTea ! How exciting! I'll drop by probably tomorrow! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    Ooooo love it!!!! Excuse my profile pic... I set it before membership rules were set in place and now can't change it!
    Do you use posing CC for your stories?
    Harry's story is definitely original!
    Following!
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Thank you @Jemkatk ! Yes, I do use posing, but not in this story. Only for my Amazon story. I may use it in the future for this one, though. Not sure...
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    The characters in this story seem naturally animated! Amazing job
  • Options
    Chapter 1.14

When Harry arrived home, he couldn’t find anyone in the usual places. So, he went down to his bedroom, hoping to find Bonnie. But he heard horrible wails from down by the moat.

All the blood drained from his head when he saw the urn.

Screenshot_584.jpg

“Wha...What happened?” he managed to croak.

“I don’t know, my lord,” Lionel said, quietly. “I left Lady Horrid to go seek employment of another maid. When I came back, she was gone. The little miss here found her urn.”

Screenshot_582.jpg

Rose sobbed uncontrollably.

Screenshot_581.jpg

Feeling as if a thousand pound weight crushed his body, Harry crumpled with anguish at the sight of his love’s ashes before him.

Screenshot_587.jpg

In shock, Harry boarded himself in his room, not speaking to anyone. Not Lionel. Not even Rose. He couldn’t go on without his treasure. Without his Bonnie Belle.

Finally, Lionel urged Harry to leave the manse and get his mind off the unhappy circumstances. Like a zombie, Harry found himself in front of a bar. Even the thought of drowning himself in alcohol had no pull on him. He felt nothing.

Screenshot_628_1.jpg

A large lump sat in his throat that he couldn’t swallow down. All he could think of was her bonny smiles, soft lips, and warm hugs. He would never feel her touch again. The Maker was too cruel to him.

Screenshot_629.jpg

On the advice of his cousin, Grodie, Harry sat at the bar, but he didn’t have the strength to order a drink.

Screenshot_632.jpg

He only sat there, staring out, remembering what was his wonderful life and thinking about what could have been with his Bonnie. The children he might have had. The tiny cottage they would have moved to if his uncle kicked them out. It would have been a most beautiful life. The best life. But it was gone.

Screenshot_631.jpg

Soon, more people entered the bar and Harry couldn’t take it any longer. He needed to go home and shut everyone out. He couldn’t stand to see the smiles on everyone’s faces when his sunshine had vanished. Forever.

Screenshot_642.jpg

“Oh cousin,” Grodie said, trying to help Harry. “I’m deeply sorry for your loss. We all are in shock at these sad tidings. Won’t you have a drink, my friend? It might help the pain.”

Screenshot_643.jpg

Grodie sat at the bar and ordered two tall Hemlocks.

“Nay. No drinks fer me. I’m sad to the bones, I tell ye. I dinna know why I came, cousin. I’m not fit to be seen fer me heart has been stomped to bits. The woman I loved with all me heart is gone, and I canna fix it.”

Screenshot_645.jpg

Grodie gets up from his seat and pats Harry on the shoulder. “Come, dear cousin. To my home. My butler will fix you a nice dinner and we’ll have cigars. Then maybe you will feel a bit better?”

Screenshot_654.jpg

At this point, Body tried to sooth Harry as well. “I’m having a men-only party tomorrow night, old chap. I’d love for you to be there. Say you will, eh?”

Tears pooled in Harry’s eyes at the kindness of his friends. Maybe a night away from the public and in a home would do him some good. He wiped his eyes and nodded.

Screenshot_657.jpg

When he arrived home, he found it teeming with Belle sisters.

“Oh, Harry,” Ringie said, stopping him from sitting down. “We are in shock and distress at the passing of our dear sister. We have decided to help you take care of little Rose and be here for you. Whatever you need.”

Screenshot_662.jpg

Harry looked away. He didn’t want anyone in his home. It was his and Rose’s and...Bonnie’s but not theirs. But how could he get rid of them? They are in mourning as well. “Thank ye kindly, but ye dinna need to stay. Me and Rose will heal in time.”

Screenshot_664.jpg

“Dear Harry,” Tolly explained, “we are here for her sake and yours. We will not leave in your hour of need. This house will be a mess without a woman’s touch. Now you have four who will help you. And you will be helping us, too. We loved our dearest sister more than you could know.”

At this, Blue cries in her hands.

Screenshot_668.jpg

Anger at the situation bubbles within Harry. He did not want their help. Why didn’t they understand? “I want to be left alone. I’m sorry if it might hurt ye feelings, but I’m in the most pain I’ve ever suffered in me life and having guests about me home only makes me suffer more. So, I’m going to ask ye all to leave!”

Screenshot_675.jpg

“Oh, spare us your theatrics, Harry,” Cow snorted. “You can no more kick us out than Lionel can. Once you bonded with our sister, you made the betrothal to all of us binding. Face it. You’re stuck with us.”

Screenshot_678.jpg

“What my sister is trying to tell you,” Ringie adds, “is that my brother has taken a wife and we are but baggage now. We have nowhere else to go. We would have been on your doorstep within the week if this had not happened to our dear sister, so, what will it be, Harry? Would you have us out on the street?”

Screenshot_680.jpg

Harry’s shoulders slumped. His dangblasted uncle strikes again.

Screenshot_682.jpg
    iTvMKZ8.jpg