Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My friends disappear of the list :(

Comments

• asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    Even in GT within the clubs my sims belong to, I have to keep reintroducing them. It's crazy!
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Are you guys switching households or is this happening without that too ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    I switch households frequently and I noticed if I ve left a house for a few sims days or more they will have forgotten everyone but family and a few close friends.
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    I'm also having this bug. I tried to repair the game, but that didn't solve the issue. :angry:

Whenever I switch households, only good friends, best friends, and household members remain in the relationship panel. Acquaintances and a couple of friends disappear, which I find annoying. It's like my Sims have never met these Sims. Because of this, I have the burden to keep reintroducing my Sims and having them do lots of interactions until they become good friends with a Sim. I can see it's hard to complete the Friend of the World aspiration.

Some of you say there are Sims in your relationship panel that your Sims have never met. I'll try my best to explain this. I think it's because whenever you want to meet a particular Sim, that Sim is talking to other Sims and by telling a story to that Sim, other Sims are listening too. It also occurred whenever your Sim fishes with other Sims and dances with other Sims.

I sympathize those who are also having this bug. I'm sure this occurred immediately after the latest update and getting Get Together.

To keep this short, keep doing friendly interactions with the Sim your Sim wants to remember forever. :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • jess3315jess3315 Posts: 26 Member
    I have been experiencing the same issue as well since the patch. I am using a new save file, no CC and tried repairing the game with no luck. My sim remembers her brother, but not his wife, even though I have introduced them 5+ times now. I'm glad I haven't bought the expansion pack yet, that would be really annoying.
  • simmeroliviasimmerolivia Posts: 199 Member
    @crinrict I just tested it out in my game, and the disappearing of relationships only seems to happen when I switch households.
  • sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    I had a weird thing happen! I'm trying to test this bug a little, to see if I can duplicate exactly when it happens. I started a fresh game with a sim using the randomizer. He was an elder yesterday when I was testing.

I just went into his house now to see if his relationships were still there (they are), but now he's a teen! (and living my himself... lol!)
    edited December 2015
    I'm doing some more testing, but it looks like just switching households doesn't always cause the bug **edit** if you switch back and forth quickly. If you switch for a longer period of time, it does**

I switched back and forth a few times, and relationships stayed. (too short a time)

However! If I do:
    • manage households
    • switch members from one house to a new one
    • place them in the map (in Windenburg, still have to try other maps)
    • play them for 24 hours
    • go back to original house

Then all relationships are erased unless they are 30 points or higher, and it erases them. This method erased them 3 times in a row. Interestingly, it appears that if they are a new sim that lives in Windenburg, the relationship disappeared even if they were higher!

I'm doing a little more testing, to see if it was the friendship decayed or if it actually did disappear when it was high. Also to test a few other variables, and other households.

Edit: It looks like it's definitely time, and the new premades from Windenburg aren't staying no matter the strength of the relationship.
    Post edited by sabreene on
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited December 2015
    Maybe it's a certain time they loose them. So if you switch forth and back without crossing that line, you're fine.

Also I have a thread on this at AHQ which is really old. It seems it was temporarily fixed and now is back. It probably just blended in with the culling so some people were unclear which one they had.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited December 2015
    Looks like it's definitely due to time, and something is up with the Windenburg premades. Edit: I think it may have something to do with them being in clubs, while the older premades are not. I'm still testing other variables, but here's his panel at midnight:

HawYCH9l.jpg

(Varying degrees of friendship, Windenburg people at 35, 25, 15, 5 and previous premades at 50, 30, 25, 20, 10, 5, 2

Played another household in Windenburg from midnight to 8:30 am. Went back to original house:

vhpB3Wel.jpg

Only two friendships left, the 30 and the 50

Edit:

One more test, more indepth for windenburg folk:

GozhoRwl.jpg

lWKW2Fpl.jpg

Post edited by sabreene on
    edited December 2015
    I'm not sure if it's due to them being in a club, or living in Windenburg, but the new premades need a slightly higher relationship score to stick.

So far, a workaround for this seems to be similar to the old friendship/acquaintance bug. Anyone you want to remember, you need to become friends with. However! While a 35 level of friendship worked for the old premades, it didn't for the new ones. A 45 level of friendship worked for them.

Best workarounds:

UI Cheats Extension mod: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=558548
    right click on their picture in the relationship panel and set their relationship to 45 or higher

Command Prompt Cheat (Cntrl-Shift-C) and type:
    modifyrelationship John Doe Jane Doe 50 Friendship_Main

*note* if their relationship level falls below that mark (and I've heard some people having a bug where it decays faster than normal) then they will disappear again. If you use MC Command Center you can turn the decay rate off or slow it down.
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    Same problem here, they disappear and come back and not all of them, just some of them. But then I lose friendship and it never improves friendship with them for too long -.- is kinda weird
  • ArekaneArekane Posts: 4 New Member
    This has been happening since the release of Sims 4. The developers don't seem to be able to fix it and instead have made it worse. They need to not put out expansions until they fix the bugs.
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    Are you guys switching households or is this happening without that too ?

For me it happened with the same sim, a police officer with an active career. Dunno if this counts.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    There is a new relationship culling since the last patch, there is a threshold on the number of relations (which is different for played/not played Sims) and when you are above that threshold, relations which are the least important are culled. Some relations are safe : family members, friends and best friends for example.

There is a LOT of telemetry in there so it's something they'll most likely tune and improve. It seems to me the relationship decay while rotated away is too fast now, so relations are decaying, and then are getting culled, which is problematic when playing several households. Relationship decay should probably be decreased (at least for played/non-active households).
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    The same thing happened to me. These are my sims relations on saturday 4:44 pm

rAOYvwr.png
    Note that Dean is a sim I created while all others are Windenburg premades

Swtiching back and forth quickly kept the relations but when switching households for more than 24 hours this happened (sunday 11:40 pm)

YqZBtn7.png

The only relations that stayed were the ones with sims I created, the Windenburg folks were all gone.

Also one of my other sims had a massive increase in relations of sims she never introduced herself to and I was almost solely playing her (only switched for 24 hours to check the bug).
    ( Saturday at 11:19 pm)
    PfDo2oM.png

However, after switching households for a while, her relations were like this on Tuesday 3 am

9txRQcv.png

Not all windenburg folks were gone, but the only ones that stayed were either a love interest or her coworkers (they were also all part of the spinmasters club while my friend is in the paragons), not even her one friend stayed.

These are another sims relations on Saturday at 11:19 pm

ZMZthTV.png

After switching households for a while and then switching back on Tuesday 3 am, his relations were this:

B0DJFPl.png

Again, Katherine is a sim I created. Wonderously, he had co-workers among windenburg folks he new too but their relationships were gone nevertheless.

• Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Oh and I also had it that while watching the relationship panel sims would Pop up in it although my sim was alone on their lot
    I just wanted to add this happens to me whether it's a new game, an old game, with mods, without mods and even after starting a fresh game after removing all the files, re-downloading, repairing, etc.
  • Invader_SimInvader_Sim Posts: 19 New Member
    edited December 2015
    This is happening to me too, and only since the last patch. I've already tried removing all CC, folder refresh, repairing, and even factory resetting then starting an entirely new file with no CC. It still happens every time I switch households. My sims lose all relationships with everyone except those in their household.
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I just wanted to add that I'm having this problem too.
    I updated the game, and bought get together the say it came out (Tuesday) I had no problems befriending all premades and becoming friends with almost all of them (I cheat the friend of the world aspiration so I get the bonus trait, then I buy incredibly friendly). But her friends didn't disappear until I played Saturday night.
    I don't know what I did differently from Tuesday to Saturday. I rotate households about once a sim week to check on the townies, and I definitely did that before Saturday, and noone disappeared.
    Maybe you just can't have too many friends?
    I did repair my game, and I don't play with mods or cc
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    yup me as well...this needs fixing...it is pretty gamebreaking.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • simmeroliviasimmerolivia Posts: 199 Member
    I was desperately hoping for a patch today but I don't think it's coming :(
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Happening to me too - even the Sims that are in a club together - sigh.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Thanks rosemow :)