Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Mansion on Horrid Hill--A Male Prettacy 5/24

Comments

• XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    Just read the story, I love it! Very unusual, and pretty suspenseful. Looking forward to the next installment :)
  • TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    lol What a typical troll, not being there for Bonnie when the baby is due... and as lovely as a wee princess is, she isn't cut to be an heir. :D Hope all works out for Harry and Bonnie though i have a sneaking suspicion some bears will pop up along the path. Great story, pammie!

Hugs
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @Twiggy Right? Some things are genetic. Ha! So glad you found this story. ;)

@XSimMimX Welcome to this story! Glad you like it so far. <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited December 2015
    Chapter 1.12

Time passed and Rose aged up in a tornado of sparkles.

Screenshot_492.jpg

Harry was a bit dismayed that she was in fact a chip off the old block. He wanted his princess to look like his queen, but Rose was just as sweet as her mother and besides. Everyone in the village thought she was the prettiest girl in the land. Harry knew he shouldn’t let his gnomish views on things color his thoughts.

“Oy, dear Rose, ye should have seen yer da back in the day. I had the ladies flying about me like a swarm of bees to honey, I did.”

Rose giggled. “I believe it, Da. You are the most handsome man in town!”

Screenshot_495.jpg

“Awr, ye silly! I’m just afoolin’. When I was a wee laddie, no lassie would come fer miles of me exceptin’ a fairy.”

Rose’s eyes grew a big as a moon. “You’ve met a fairy?”

Screenshot_493.jpg

“Aiy that. She was the most beautiful creature I’ve ever laid me eyes upon, ceptin’ yer ma, o’course.” Harry’s phone buzzed, interrupting his reminiscing. “Oh, higgledysnap. It’s me accursed uncle. I got to take this, me gingersnap.”

Rose only nodded and ate the rest of her strawberry pie.

Screenshot_494.jpg

The next morning at breakfast, Harry made an announcement, “It seems we will be moving out. Me uncle has cast the gauntlet afore us. He says I’m to sire another child or we’re out on our bum by the end of the week.”

Screenshot_536.jpg
    Lionel waved his arms. “Now see here, Lord Horrid, all is not lost. It’s an heir your uncle wants. Why not court one of Lady Horrid’s sisters and buy a bit of time. Work on your rocket and plant your garden. Once you’ve got a good crop going, you can then buy your own mansion and set your own rules.”

Screenshot_538.jpg

“But what if I canna find the special crop, troll? What then? As it is I crashed the last time I went out. Almost lost me muttonhead, I did. I’m too askeered to try it out again.”

Screenshot_540.jpg

Lionel put his hands on his hips. “Are you a frightened rat, dear sir? Nay. You are a Horrid. And Horrids are fearless! Besides, your father used to take your mother up in the rocket with him and it gave him a bit of a...um...spark, if you know what I mean. Try it out that way, my lord. It will help your rocket skills immensely.”

Screenshot_541.jpg

“Oh, I’d love to go with you, Harry. Please let us go together!” Bonnie said, smiling.

Screenshot_535.jpg

“Well, troll, ye heard me better half then. I’ll do just that. Thank ye fer yer suggestion. If it works, ye will be getting a raise.”

Lionel scrunched up his nose. “A Horrid butler does not need more money. They wish to serve a premier lord. Raise yourself up in the ranks of society, sir. That will be payment enough.”

Harry winked. “I’ll do me best, troll.”

Screenshot_539.jpg

That afternoon, Harry made a few adjustments to the rocket, hoping his horrid landing would not happen again.

Screenshot_542.jpg

Then he walked to his office in the tower to make sure he had the measurements for the wormhole generator correct.

Screenshot_544.jpg

But instead of finding the blueprints, he found a computer and spent the rest of the night playing R.E.F.U.G.E.

Screenshot_543.jpg

The following morning, Harry figured the rocket was safe enough to just have a little fun with his lady love as Lionel suggested. He would search for the blueprints later.

Opening the craft, he bowed and said, “After you, me queen.”

“A-Are you sure it’s safe, Harry?” Bonnie asked, wincing.

Screenshot_551.jpg

Harry’s face grew warm. The rocket wasn’t as clean as he’d like but he knew it was safe. “I’ve made some improvements to it. It’ll be safe enough, me love.” He leaned in and whispered, “And plenty comfortable.” He kissed her hand, leading her into the ship.

They blasted off over the whole village and to Harry’s happiness, the ride was every bit the spark he needed to improve his rocket skill in more ways than one.

Screenshot_552.jpg

The following morning happened in a flurry of events. Harry was to meet with his uncle for breakfast to relay his plan to court Ringie, one of Bonnie’s sisters, who plays every instrument and would be an asset to Rose as she has an inclination for the violin much to Harry’s ears dismay.

He helped Rose with the last few bits of homework. “And so, ye clear on i before e except after c, me gingersnap?”

Screenshot_547.jpg

Rose laughed. “O’course, Da. I’m a good speller. It’s math I need help with.”

Screenshot_548.jpg

“Oy, well, talk to yer ma about that, lassie. Me and figures don’t see eye to eye.”

Rose shook her head at her father, she loved him so.

Screenshot_546.jpg

Next Harry said good bye to Bonnie as he was about to leave. “I won’t be long, me love.” He leaned in, stroking her arm. “I’m still thinking about yesterday’s ride. Want to take another spin when I get back?”

For some reason, Bonnie’s stomach knotted. She didn’t like the idea of him making a deal to court her sister. Even though she knew nothing would come of it, gnats seemed to swirl inside making her queasy. “Do you have to go?”

Screenshot_549.jpg

He kissed her cheek and said, “Dinna worry yer bonny head, me love. It’s just a temporary arrangement. In no time, I’ll have that blasted rocket soaring to the outer lands and grasp hold of the golden plants.” He bowed, kissing her hand and waved at Lionel and Rose. “Keep lunch warm fer me, troll!” With that, he skipped out onto the lawn and down the hill.

Rose kissed her mother goodbye and marched to the bus while Lionel had a few choice word for the maid.
    “If you think for one moment this grill is clean then I’m a llama’s father.”

The maid pointed at him and said, “You said it. I didn’t.”

“You’re FIRED!” he roared.

Screenshot_555.jpg

“Gladly. I feel sorry for anyone who has to put up with you.” And she flounced through the door.

Rubbing the back of his neck, Lionel went over to Bonnie and bowed. “I am very sorry, Lady Horrid, but I’m short one maid and this house is a mess. I must go over to the Tiggle and Trade shop to order a new one.” He glared inwardly. “Preferably one that does not have a drop of gnomish blood.”

Bonnie nodded and said, “I was just about to take a spot of tea out here, Lionel. I will be just fine.”

Lionel pursed his lips. “Would you like to accompany me? Help me make the choice?”

“That’s okay. I’m a little tired and this breeze is lovely.” She smiled up at him. “There’s a book in the library I’d like to read. If you would fetch it for me before you leave?”

Lionel bowed. “Of course, madam. At once.”

As soon as Lionel dropped off the book, he said farewell and was on his way.

Bonnie sipped on her tea for several minutes, surveying the beautiful landscape. She really hoped they wouldn’t have to leave. Horrid Hill was such a lovely place to live. Quiet and peaceful, she loved it way more than her dark home in the middle of town.

Just then, tingles rippled up her spine at the figure who marched toward her.

Screenshot_556.jpg

There was something familiar about her that Bonnie knew, but it escaped her who this person was.

And then she remembered.

Lacey Collector.

Screenshot_557.jpg
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Love the update @pammiechick What mischief is Lacey getting up to now?
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    :O LACEY NO
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Oh, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 you, Lacey! >:) If I'd be Bonnie you'd remember me to the rest of your life! >:)
  • XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    Rose is adorable, I love her hair <3
    @XSimMimX wrote: »
    Rose is adorable, I love her hair <3

She looks exactly like Harry did as a child, so I'm not sure how much genetics came from her mother. Haven't aged her up in game yet. I'm dying to see what she looks like!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • nessanewbynessanewby Posts: 241 Member
    Oh hell no, Lacey! What do you think you are doing?? :o Love the look of Rose, she's adorable! <3
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Lacey is up to no good, it seems... :/
  • sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    Caught up on the last two chapters. I had to roll my eyes at Harry leaving in the rocketship, while Bonnie went into labor! Isn't that just the way?! :lol: And omigosh, Lacey! It took me a moment to register what she had in her hand, I was staring at the cruel expression on her face. I was already worried about Bonnie feeling sick and tired, and now she has that plum Lacey coming to the door! I'm so intrigued to see what will happen with them, and what Bonnie's sister will look like!
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,715 Member
    Ah Rose is beautiful.... :)
  • BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    All caught up! Oh no...is that a dagger in Lacey's hand?!
  • LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    edited December 2015
    BUTTONSGINGER I believe it is.
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
  • LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    Where did you get the cc for Rose's hair?
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
    edited December 2015
    @cupcake I honestly can't remember. I saw it on a site in the summer and think I clicked on the cc reference. I normally use the sims resource, but they don't have it there (I looked).

@BUTTONSGINGER Yes...that is a dagger...hmmm...but don't worry too much about it...

@sabreene You will get to see all the sisters soon! :)
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Oh noes... Lacey has just come to cut some apples for Bonnie, right? Right?
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    edited December 2015
    Chapter 1.13

As Lacey methodically walked up the mansion steps, Bonnie couldn’t understand what this woman could want.

Screenshot_558.jpg

Then she saw the blade and a gasp escaped her mouth as her mind began racing on what the gnome could possibly want to do with a dagger and on her property.

She stood her ground, though. This was her house and she would not be intimidated by a lowly gnome, weapon or no. “What is the meaning of your presence here, gnome?” Bonnie arched an eyebrow, trying to inflict her own intimidation.

“I just want to have a wee chat with ye, if’n ye dinna mind,” Lacey said, smoothly, sitting beside Bonnie with the blade pointed threateningly at her.

Screenshot_560.jpg

Bonnie glared. “Put away that knife if you want to have a civilized conversation.”

Lacey eyed the dagger almost lovingly. “Ima keepin’ it, if’n it’s all the same to ye now. That said, me intentions are easy. Ye leave straightaway and no one will get hurt. Is that clear?”

“Leave?” Bonnie asked. “W-What are you saying? Leave Harry? My child? Why?”

Screenshot_559.jpg

Lacey shrugged. “That’s me personal business. Yer business is to keep yer loved ones safe.”

Rage bubbled within Bonnie and she exploded, “Now see here, gnome! You can cast any threats you wish against me but I will never leave my home and my loved ones. You’ll have to tie me up and drag me out first!”

Screenshot_562.jpg

Lacey waved the dagger maniacally. “I was hoping you’d choose the easy way but if’n that’s the way yer going about it then it’s gonna get ugly. Leave or I will personally come after yer sweet daughter and that, I can assure ye, will not be pretty.”

Bonnie had to think fast on a way to get out of this. If she could keep this maniac talking, maybe she’d have a chance on Lionel coming home. “You wouldn’t hurt my innocent daughter! Why do you hate Harry so? Why are you doing all of this? Tell me! Or I will not do as you say.”

Screenshot_564.jpg

Twirling the blade on her finger with a crazy grin, Lacey jerked her head to the side. “I guess that’s fair since ye’ll be losing yer family.” She stared straight at Bonnie, chuckling. “Yer very mistaken, though. I dinna hate Harry. I love him.”

Bonnie squinted at her. “Love? B-But none of this makes sense. Harry has told me all about you. He’s said you’ve hated him all your life. You even made fun of him from the time he was in elementary school!”

Lacey shook her head. “I dinna expect Harry to know since he’s such a blockhead. When we were but wee children, Harry got all of the attention and all the friends so I was a dummy like many children are and I made fun of him. Kids are plum at that age. But when I attended his teen birthday party, he was verra sweet in inviting me and we had fun together, dancing and och, then at school, I asked him if he was going to go to a spooky party. I wanted to go with him.

lacey3.jpg

“I remember like it was yesterday. He was so cute and so tall and I thought we was friends and so like an eedgit, I asked him.

lacey%201_1.jpg

“But all he did was scare me and call me a witch. People around saw him and laughed at me. I was so mad, I yelled at him.

lacey%202.jpg

“But later, I dinna hold it against him and thought maybe we could talk at the party. Next I spied him at the party. Dancing with Shem.

lacey4.jpg

“I could see he liked her. Shem for Maker’s sake. Me best friend who is so bonny she could get anyone she fancied in all of Gnome Creek. And whom did she pick? Harry Horrid, o’course.”

lacey5.jpg

“So, me plan was to put her off. Tell him he weren’t good enough, but all I got fer me trouble was a drink in the face. She left me there for Harry and ended our friendship. That was such a globstroppet thing to do in Harry choosing Shem. She dinna follow Harry here did she? Nay. Whereas I would have. I’m part troll, ye kin. And I like trolls a might more ‘n gnomes.”

Bonnie’s mouth hung open at all of this information blasting at her. “But I saw you. At our dinner party. You threatened Harry for embarrassing you!”

“Aiy that. Harry always has a way of getting me dander up. But he dinna know me heart.” She leaned in and glared. “I did mean what I said. I would get back at him and here I am. Funny thing though. I got me idea when I saw you and him makin’ cow eyes at each other at that bar.

lacey7.jpg

“When I first saw ye together, I was upset that I might be too late, but Harry has a way about him that’s mesmerizing and I figured he’d have a girl in no time. But I’m here to put an end to that.”

lacey%208.jpg

Raising the blade, Lacey asked, “So, what’ll it be? The easy way or the hard way?”

Screenshot_561.jpg

Tears stung Bonnie’s eyes as she tried to think of a way out of this. Maybe if she went along with her plan, she would be able to escape somehow and call the police.

Heart pounding in her ears, she whispered, wishing this nightmare would end, “Easy.”
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Ooo Lacey, stop that.
    Story_Banner.png
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Oh Lacey. But there are always two sides of a medal. Even though Laceys action is totally crazy I can understand her a luttle bit. Thanks for the great update <3
    edited December 2015
    Marialein wrote: »
    Oh Lacey. But there are always two sides of a medal. Even though Laceys action is totally crazy I can understand her a luttle bit. Thanks for the great update <3

I can too, wouldn't go to that extreme though
    Post edited by SeaDragonSong on
    Story_Banner.png
  • BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    Oh the twisted web woven by Lacey....does she think Harry would ever love her if she drove Bonnie away?

I can't wait to see what happens next! :smiley: