Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confirmed features for 64-bit patch

CoffeeBeanPopcornCoffeeBeanPopcorn Posts: 1,587 Member
Few of these confirmed by @crinrict. (http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2015/11/get-together-producer-event-in-cologne/#patch)
The one in bold are the ones you may find interesting.
  • 64 Bit for Windows Users
  • Automatic disabling of mods on patching
  • Lot Type: Pool
  • New pool color(s)
  • GUI changes
  • “Musical Chairs” Fix
  • Colored Maps
  • The existing groups and their behavior was revamped and improved
  • New interaction on the fridge and bar: Hire Caterer
  • Some new greetings
  • Several bug fixes (details unknown)

The list is from http://simsvip.com/2015/11/24/the-sims-4-what-to-expect-from-the-upcoming-game-patch/
I'm back!
Post edited by CoffeeBeanPopcorn on

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited November 2015
    Question is can it be used as any clothing catagory and it probebly can t.
  • Nicwebb82Nicwebb82 Posts: 447 Member
    We aren't getting the pool unless we buy the EP.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Nicwebb82 wrote: »
    We aren't getting the pool unless we buy the EP.

The EP will have the natural pool colours, pool jets, and new pool surrounds and pool-related objects. The patch will have one new pool colour (the red one) and the "Pool" lot type.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    What about the "Nude" outfit category?
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
    What about the "Nude" outfit category?

I have the impression that's not patched, that it's in the EP.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It's nice that they finally made a pool lot type, even if it's been a year since pools were patched in.

It would've been nice if the NPCs noticed the pools in the community lot when they were new. It's like this magical source of swimmable water came into existence and everyone just ignored it. :(
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I'm really interested in the new greetings. Feel like it will help with making the sims feel more "alive". I'm also looking forward to a fix for inappropriate relationships and 64b. :)

I only wish they'd patch in more "family/relationship tags" as well.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    What will be in the GUI changes?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Map view:
    • Buttons that were in the pop-up menu at the same spot have been moved to the lower right
    • Household manager has a new icon
    • Household manager icon can also be found next to the family in the lower left corner
    • I think change lot type was removed form map view

Live Mode
    • Conversation window at the top has been revamp
    • Screenshot manager, settings for video and photo can now be found next to the speed buttons
    • Easy switch from Sims 3 to Sims 4 camera mode and back in the upper right corner added
    • Button for clubs added to the lower right corner

That's what I can remember from the top of my head.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    Map view:
    • Buttons that were in the pop-up menu at the same spot have been moved to the lower right
    • Household manager icon can also be found next to the family in the lower left corner

Live Mode
    • Screenshot manager, settings for video and photo can now be found next to the speed buttons
    • Easy switch from Sims 3 to Sims 4 camera mode and back in the upper right corner added

Thank you. That sounds very interesting.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited November 2015
    Confirmed features for 64-bit patch
    The ones in bold are confirmed by @crinrict
    • 64 Bit for Windows Users
    • Automatic disabling of mods on patching
    • Lot Type: Pool
    • New pool color
    • GUI changes
    • “Musical Chairs” Fix
    • Colored Maps
    • The existing groups and their behavior was revamped and improved
    • New interaction on the fridge and bar: Hire Caterer
    • Some new greetings
    • Several bug fixes (details unknown)

The list is from http://simsvip.com/2015/11/24/the-sims-4-what-to-expect-from-the-upcoming-game-patch/

It's a bit misleading.

The 64 bit capability is part of a general patch.

There is no way in the world that, for example, the 'musical chairs' fix is 64 bit only. If it were, I'd personally hop on a plane and go round to EA and insert a large garden gnome into the first SimGuru I came across.
    Everything is part of the general patch. Not sure what is misleading.

There is no feature that is for 64 bit only (except 64 bit itself)
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    I want to keep my colorless map just to be different. It never mattered to me. :p Happy for all the simmers that asked for it.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    I want to keep my colorless map just to be different. It never mattered to me. :p Happy for all the simmers that asked for it.

You can do that if you play offline and don't patch ;)
    AHQ Tutorial

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member

You can do that if you play offline and don't patch ;)
    hehe not worth it

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited November 2015
    Map view:

Live Mode

These are some good improvements.
    My question is why there is an easier switch between TS3 and TS4 cameras? I use the TS3. To me it is set and go thing for once. I would be interested to know if there are players that keep switching between the two cameras. They must have their reasons and I'm curious to know because I might be missing something.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
    I certainly don't so I don't know why they added it. It's nice if your options get reset ;)
    AHQ Tutorial

• applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Bug fixes are always great. I hope they don't break anything while they fix something else.
    Bug fixes are always great. I hope they don't break anything while they fix something else.

I'm sure there will be new ones. Very confident on that.
    AHQ Tutorial

• nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    So the musical chairs fix hasn't been confirmed for this patch but is being worked on?

If so, awesome!
    So the musical chairs fix hasn't been confirmed for this patch but is being worked on?

If so, awesome!

It was confirmed for this patch by devs on Twitter.
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    I glad there is a fix for musical chairs; however, one thing I hope with this fix is that Sims will still initially desire to sit near each other to eat and socialize. Once they find a seat, they should stay put, but I'd still like to see them want to join company with each other and not be scattered around the house when they eat and stuff. I like when they like to be together. I hope that part was not nixed entirely, but just tweaked to prevent constant chair shifting.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Pamhamlet wrote: »
    I glad there is a fix for musical chairs; however, one thing I hope with this fix is that Sims will still initially desire to sit near each other to eat and socialize. Once they find a seat, they should stay put, but I'd still like to see them want to join company with each other and not be scattered around the house when they eat and stuff. I like when they like to be together. I hope that part was not nixed entirely, but just tweaked to prevent constant chair shifting.

From my understanding this is what will happen.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Map view:

Live Mode

My question is why there is an easier switch between TS3 and TS4 cameras? I use the TS3. To me it is set and go thing for once. I would be interested to know if there are players that keep switching between the two cameras. They must have their reasons and I'm curious to know because I might be missing something.

I think this is being added precisely because "no one" uses the TS4 camera, so they added this big button for first time players to click and get the TS3 camera if they don't fiddle with settings. Sadly we can't disable anoter UI clutter... I can't see anyone having a use in switching between the two cameras that are not new players seeing which one they prefer.
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    edited November 2015
    Map view:

Live Mode

I think this is being added precisely because "no one" uses the TS4 camera, so they added this big button for first time players to click and get the TS3 camera if they don't fiddle with settings. Sadly we can't disable anoter UI clutter... I can't see anyone having a use in switching between the two cameras that are not new players seeing which one they prefer.

I use TS4 camera.... And I even played TS3. Now I'm so used to TS4, if I switch back, TS3 camera feels weird. But TS3 allows for more control over camera angles for screenshots. so the new button will be helpful, for me anyway
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~