Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SMALL UPDATE COMING TO THE PC VERSION OF THE SIMS 3

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    It put Securom on your PC ??!
    For the love of pete.....

Not sure why people do not like SecuROM; many basically just exaggerate its evilness. There is nothing wrong with it. :)

Just stop. You have no idea what you're on about Colton.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • AMofOzAMofOz Posts: 856 Member
    edited November 2015
    I've literally seen people complain that they have to uninstall and reinstall certain Stuff and Expansion packs depending on when they do or don't want to use them (or because of performance issues) - now they give the option of not having to physically uninstall or install, and can just pick and choose want you want in game - and people still complain. lol. Got to love people, I guess.

Anywho, updated my origin and Sims 3 game, it was buggy at first and had to reset all of my options again, like screen, and quality settings sound etc. Have closed down to reset, but I think so far so good.
    -Ann Maree (AM for short)
    Feel free to add me on The Sims 3 MyPage.
    I now own the store! (apart from avatars and badges)
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited November 2015
    Just stop. You have no idea what you're on about Colton.

There is nothing wrong with SecuROM. :D

It is practically harmless; if you do not wish to have it, you do not have to install the patch or you can use the SecuROM uninstaller.
    https://support.securom.com/removaltool.html

Or have Windows 10. Microsoft forbids pretty much all DRM that is like SecuROM.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    james64468 wrote: »
    I am not going to do any updates till they answer more questions. How they going to get it where I can use stuff like rocking chairs without enabling that expansion pack? I want to be able to use the stuff from the expansion packs without having to turn them all on.

If you turn off the expansion that brought the feature, then they won't work. Either be replaced or removed.
    crinrict wrote: »
    I'm doing some self-testing currently. Posting results on my twitter for now.

The download version always had Securom. It just wasn't removed.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited November 2015

Not sure why people do not like SecuROM; many basically just exaggerate its evilness. There is nothing wrong with it. :)

Well, it makes that people on Skylake/Win 10 can't play unless they update their BIOS and is just a general pain in the * (license issues)

I don't think the version they put on download versions is as bad as the disc one was but still.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

Well, it makes that people on Skylake/Win 10 can't play unless they update their BIOS and is just a general pain in the * (license issues)

Agreed, but at least there are workarounds. :)
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    there is nothing wrong with securom securom is a product that prevents the game from being copied and so far me do not see anything wrong and we do livew in an era where everything including games are digital its just a question of time before we see in game stores game box but with a reedemable code inside that will make us download the game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2015
    AMofOz wrote: »
    I've literally seen quite a few people complain that they have to uninstall and reinstall certain Stuff and Expansion packs depending on when they do or don't want to use them (or because of performance issues) - now they give the option of not having to physically uninstall or install, and can just pick and choose want you want in game - and people still complain. lol. Got to love people, I guess.

Anywho, updated my origin and Sims 3 game, it was buggy at first and had to reset all of my options again, like screen, and quality settings sound etc. Have closed down to reset, but I think so far so good.
    Maybe the people complaining now are different people than the ones who complained back then? I've never seen anyone complaining about this btw, not ever. Also, you may have missed what Jessa was concerned about on page 1? And the fact people don't like Origin playing a part in their game?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member

Seriously? Many would disagree with that. It was known to kill high-end CD players quickly in Sims 2. A group law suit meant that it could only be included on digital versions. This is why many people only want the discs.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member

Ugh, I don't know why they're still using that.
    But not it would seem for the love of plumbob - more like for the love of simoleons as ever.

glasses.jpg

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    there is nothing wrong with securom securom is a product that prevents the game from being copied and so far me do not see anything wrong and we do livew in an era where everything including games are digital its just a question of time before we see in game stores game box but with a reedemable code inside that will make us download the game

Well, there was a lawsuit that was won cause the disc securom could harm your computer but ok.
    AHQ Tutorial

• james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I am not going to do any updates till they answer more questions. How they going to get it where I can use stuff like rocking chairs without enabling that expansion pack? I want to be able to use the stuff from the expansion packs without having to turn them all on.

If you turn off the expansion that brought the feature, then they won't work. Either be replaced or removed.

I can play the game without doing the update. It not mandatory. But I hate to turn off features that make the game enjoyable. I just stay without the update.
    ciane wrote: »
    Seriously? Many would disagree with that. It was known to kill high-end CD players quickly in Sims 2. A group law suit meant that it could only be included on digital versions. This is why many people only want the discs.

It cannot harm you in any way. :)

I can play the game without doing the update. It not mandatory. But I hate to turn off features that make the game enjoyable. I just stay without the update.

You don't have to turn off anything. If the game runs fine, continue as you have before.
    AHQ Tutorial

• BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited November 2015

@friendlysimmers I think the fact that EA weren't just sued but LOST a class action lawsuit when they used it in TS2 shows just how wrong it is.

@Colton147147 please stop it already. My day already started out like garbage and has just gone downhill ever since. I've just spent the last two months updating my game, collecting mods and some CC and watching more ads than any one person should ever see in their life earning points to buy some store content all because EA/Maxis were finally done messing with this game and now they go and pull this stunt!
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Bazajaytee wrote: »
    > @HappySimmer3 said:
    > If you registered your game, you already had the ability to use the Origin version of the game and run it off of that. This update has nothing to do with that. In fact, this update hasn't even happened yet. :D

Actually it had been out for almost 1 hour when you posted :)

Ah, I see. Well, that still doesn't change the fact that if she registered her disk version of her BG she's had the ability to use the Origin version all along. :)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    For those who have only digital downloads and have to run through Origin any way, this is probably not so bad.

For those who don't require Origin to run their games, I wouldn't touch this update. (Who wants to add the stress on having to log in and add an extra layer of work to an iffy launcher? Who wants to register all their games through Origin? Who wants to reinstall all the games they didn't buy through Origin? Who wants to use the launcher to load their game?)

I do have and love the Any Game Selector. I use it a lot. I love it. I can build lots specific to another users needs.
    BUT I don't want it attached to the launcher through Origin.
  • Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
    Does this update wreck the nrss mods?
  • Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    You don't have to turn off anything. If the game runs fine, continue as you have before.

Please tell me that we do not have to accept this download and if we don't we can still run the game when we bypass the Launcher. I never use Origin for Sims 3 nor the Launcher and I don't want to. Thanks for all that you do.

If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2015
    Nancy01905 wrote: »
    Go back one page on this thread or have a visit to Chatterbox on our site and you will see the answer. Many times.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    Nancy01905 wrote: »

There is a core mismatch for the core mods.
  • sdhoeysdhoey Posts: 1,876 Member
    I am finally updated with this new update. All my games have been registered with origin for day one I've been playing. No matter what I've always had to use the CD to play my games. But after this update today, I can now run my games without it. It doesn't matter to me.
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    Top secret removing toddlers patch? :o
    update_zpsmd2tt3mn.png

Wait...

Toddlers was never patch in for either Sims 2 or Sims 3. Toddlers was part of the base game for Both The Sims 2 and Sims 3. IF you don't believe this. Do your own research, or better yet go to Amazon.com set up your account with them and just buy the base game for both Sims 2 and 3. Install and play the game for yourself.
    edited November 2015
    ciane wrote: »

It cannot harm you in any way. :)

Aw, I missed the sarcasm the first time around. Sorry. Others might not have caught that either.

P.S. I did love the toddler removal image! I do so miss the LOL!