Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member

2le5u09.jpg

Rafael: If he didn't have the slight of hand skill down, he'd certainly be unnerved by her gaze, but it wasn't really meant to unnerve him, in fact, it was too happy, it was meant to keep him completely at ease, as if nothing in the world was wrong...

ns320.jpg

Rafael: Of course, looking at her hands told him something was wrong, they were spread tight and pressed against her clothes, probably because her palms were sweating.

15qotie.jpg

Rafael: The important thing to remember was that just because something was wrong didn't automatically mean that his plans had been discovered; if she had discovered them, why would she hold back? She had just been assured the house was deserted...though perhaps as a witch she'd have to be careful to not to catch the curtains on fire...but then again, couldn't she just magically fix the curtains? But there really was only one way to proceed this point...yes, he had a back up plan that could speed things up...but not fast enough to not be attacked first, and he'd like to avoid that if at all possible. After all, while he'd like to keep the love spell on as it was so pleasant, the situation that it had been cast on him had been one he didn't want to repeat. Also, why was she dressed up? Had she expected someone other than him to visit her? Was she expecting to be interrupted? That could be problematic...but he couldn't exactly ask her.

2uhv634.jpg

Deedee: "Ah, coffee, nothing better than a nice hot drink on a cold, day, huh?"

jtrwhy.jpg

Rafael: "Dyeedyee, do you remyember vhen I tyold you that I dyidn't vant to be involft vith anyvone?"

2zggjr7.jpg

Deedee: "You called me Deedee! I've switched from Miss Wynn to Deedee, it's about time!"

2rcve4p.jpg

Rafael: "Vell, you may vant me to svitch byack aftyer all this, vho knows. Anyvay, I dyidn't vant to lose anyvone yelse, so I dyidn't vant to gyet attyached so no vone gyets hurrt, you see? I haf dangyerrous enyemies."

2vn3m0k.jpg

Deedee: "You really, really do, Rafael."

• Options
    @Silver-of-dreams: Isle Paradiso is a lovely place. :D I couldn't play there because of the lag...I tried, but I'm not very tech savvy, so I probably didn't fix it right or something. :D Lol, pizza. :D Yep, lovely scenery. :D Lol, water balloon fight! :D Oh, and a lovely beach engagement. :D
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @Zabeth0 thanks, yeah on my old computer it used to lag alot but on my new I have no lag there at the moment atleast which feels good.
    I love that it is so sunny here if you compar eit to moonlight falls haha, thank you and great update.
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    File restoration still continues here... my new 3 TB external hard drive arrives tomorrow afternoon. That's how UPS rolls around here... I can't really do very much until that hard drive gets here.

@TadOlson Lee has a cute dog, what kind is it? And yes I agree the timing of all this was just horrible.

@Silverofdreams30 Isla Paradiso is beautiful, and so is their new house. Congrats on their engagement.

@Zabeth0 Wonder what Deedee wants with Rafael all of a sudden? Doesn't she realize he's married? Hmmm....

Yeah, it's taken awhile for Sebastian to figure out that his daughter is up to something. He's incredulous about what's going on, that's for sure. It's not every day a hologram shows up in your bathroom and a robot is fixing your infant son's formula. It doesn't really take a genius to know something is going on.

However, later on (all this is in the archives, posted while you were gone), Kaydence does eventually come clean to her daddy dearest.

Here's the post I was referring to. Kaydence witnesses Terry's abduction by aliens And the next episode, she phones Sierra while Sierra is on her way back from the family vacation in Hidden Springs Man, you REALLY need to catch up ;)

Screenshot-3408.jpg

Oh and she even took her incredulous beloved Auntie on one of her trips. *Note: that post is Auntie's reaction*

jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    @venusdemilosims thank you, hope you can get your stuff sorted out.
  • Options
    @Venus: Yeah, Deedee knows very well that he's married...after all, Zelda cast the love spell on him and married him specifically to spite her. The two- Deedee and Zelda have a complicated relationship, and as Deedee and Rafael talk, you'll see why. :D As for Deedee's intentions towards Rafael, Deedee is rather sympathetic to him- mostly because he's in an inordinate amount of hot water for someone who just came to town. :D

Early this morning, Deedee was so desperate to save Rafael before Zelda gets sick of him and kills him (she doesn't know that Rafael is a conman who has Zelda in love with him already), she went to visit Granny...the most powerful, dangerous witch of the lot and the witch who's the basis of the Baba Yaga legends... (http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13021395/#Comment_13021395 and http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13028981/#Comment_13028981) Basically, she went to try to figure out how to break the spell without the stated side effects of destroying his capacity to love when the spell is broken...Granny said that that's the only way to break the spell for her, and even if she doesn't do it...in a few years, Granny herself will do it, because she misses Koschei's ridiculous suffering- Koschei being a tormented miserable sorcerer who kept kidnapping women to try to regain the feeling of love...but couldn't as his capacity to love was destroyed by the breaking of the love spell.

I actually have read all of these, but I can definitely check the archives to see the ones I missed (I am probably a bit behind, just not quite that behind!) ...I really hope you can save them! :D I only started posting here much a few years ago because I lost a few families and didn't even have pics (as those went down with the computers they were stored on) ..one involved a computer virus where I thought I'd backed it up but when I went back couldn't find the back ups... and the other involved a laptop I thought was too new to require a back up yet...which melted it's own brain...so while I waited for a new computer that could handle the sims (After my laptop died, I was using an old computer that could only run sims, world adventures and ambitions...so I started Jake, the inventor for time travel fun while I waited for full functionality- I ended up having so much fun with him I just kept playing his family on the new computer too), I came looking on the boards to find out how to improve my building game, since frankly, as a builder...I didn't really know how to do much more than built a box and put a roof on it. :D I still mostly redecorate houses that are already there, but now I can actually build sets for things (so I can pretend things are happening in the rabbit holes)... so the lurking time actually helped me...and since I'd lost my previous families, I wanted to know how to post pics on the forums, so that I could keep track of the next one...that's why I joined the first play and share thread... but I've never gotten a family past it's third generation... (even with my lost families) so it's always interesting to families that have. :D I do rather enjoy the Jolina Plumb's antics. :D

Though every time I see that with Sebastian worried that his daughter might be pregnant and her literally hiding an entire world in the future from him instead, it cracks me up. :D I know that he's gotta have the genius trait, being that it's a family legacy trait, but he doesn't seem to use it. Then again, clearly he's an acting genius... :D I much prefer her Aunt Savannah's reaction to Kadyland 'don't ever change!' lol :D

I guess she did stop calling him Ter-Bear after the abduction though. :D I just liked the nickname. :D

@Silver of dreams: Yeah, I used to live in the tropics, and when I get 'homesick' it's usually for the tropics...so I really like the look of the place... but I couldn't even get through a sim day :D. So, I'm glad you're having a better time of it. :D

• Options
    edited November 2015
    @Zabeth0 So he wants to break the love spell eh? Lol Poor Rafael, always in hot water...

I've got most of my older JP family saves I seem to be able to salvage, that has gotten copied from the first bad hard drive on to the main computer HD and will be moved to the new external when it gets here... it's my most recent stuff, though, that seems to be giving me the most heartache at the moment. The stuff that takes place just before, during, and after Kaydence's time in college. Basically, most of her time after I aged her up to YA because of the issue with certain animations with teens in college. I sent her to college as a teen because, well she is a Jolina-Plumb, and those guys are geniuses and it fits them. Plus she scored in the 2000s (I forget the exact score) on her admissions test, I know it was really high. Also possibly lost is some of Skylar's singing progress, too and some other stuff too.

I am hoping I can salvage those last ones too... it is really a pain though, to have that fail and to possibly lose that progress.

As for Sebastian, the guy is actually a genius and it is a legacy trait, but the guy, let's face it, you're right he just doesn't seem to use it that much outside of his acting or music. He did graduate valedictorian of his class at Community School for the Gifted in Sunset Valley. The boy was clearly top-drawer bright.

Aunt Savannah of course is coming from an entirely different place than her brother, for obvious reasons. Although she's proving to be much better at being an aunt than she ever was as a mom... perhaps she was ill suited for motherhood in the first place, being an adventuress and all... Not too many adventurers become parents, but she did, seven times over... But if anyone was ill suited to become a parent it was her brother and his ex Madison... I think Savannah more than anyone realizes just where 'Kadyland' actually comes from. In some ways you'd think Kaydence was Savannah's child instead of Sebastian's...Savannah knew what was going on well before Sebastian even had a whiff. Lol

I'm a terrible builder myself, I download all of my houses, lol. And some of my 'sets' I cheated and used the blueprint...

How many teens literally hide entire worlds from their dads? Not many. Lol I would think a city would be tough to hide. Lol

Screenshot-5134_zps43xjrdhf.jpg

I mean, Terry, the guy is pretty much a teddy bear. How did Kaydence get so lucky? Lol In some ways Terry is somewhat similar to her dad actually, without being as dense. I'm shocked by how many interests they have in common. They both like reading, writing, and science. Even though Terry is a big guy he doesn't seem to be that much into sports. Kaydence kind of blamed herself for the abduction though, but then a part of her wished it had been HER instead of him... It's clear the connection between these two is deep.

Sierra took off for Shang Simla and only told one person where she was.

I don't remember how I joined the play and share thread... but I joined in September of 2014. I've had this family in some form since the Sims 3 base game... and cannot lose them now.

Bit of trivia: Madison (Kaydence's mom) was actually my test sim for Showtime when I got it.

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks. I hope I can recover it too.
    Post edited by venusdemilosims on

• Options
    2kg4cl.jpg

Rafael: The interesting thing about the poison he'd gotten to render her unconscious is that it took a while, but had a mild side effect of making one more talkative, it was very subtle, but since the poison itself was tasteless, and only had a faint vanilla odor covered by the coffee, the only way she could discover it is if she was very aware something was making her more talkative than she wanted to be, which is why talking over coffee was the ideal way to deliver it...and since he wanted her to talk about how she met Zelda, it seemed an ideal method. Of course, he also had a sleeping elixir- he didn't take the one Zelda had made so that if things went wrong it could be all of his handiwork and would in no way implicate Zelda, who had nothing to do with it, other than being the subject of his inquiry.

2v92a1u.jpg

Rafael: But Deedee seemed to have some real sympathy for him, which was confusing. Though Zelda had cast the love spell on him and married him pretty much only for Deedee's reaction, Zelda had been quite upset until she'd heard from Deeedee, and rubbed it in her face. But she'd started to drink the coffee, and now the clock was ticking, because they wouldn't have all night to talk. "But that vasn't all. I've lost everrryvone whom I haf lovt, and the overvhelmink majorryity haf byeen murdyered. I really don't think I can handle losink anyvone yelse." He didn't really want to be this honest, it felt so shameful, but in light of the fact that he was planning on kidnapping the only one that seemed to be trying really hard to rescue him, even though he didn't want her to, he kind of felt he owed it to her. "Don't break the spyell. I love her, she lofs me. She's not goink to kyill me, she vants kids."

2vn3m0k.jpg

Deedee: "That's...that's great, Rafael. Um.. I can't break the spell. I just can't." She seemed to feel guilty, but why? Surely not that she couldn't break a spell he didn't want her to and pretty much just demanded she not break?

334k80l.jpg

Rafael: Still, there was something else he wanted to know about her and Zelda, he couldn't pick at that too much. "I don't undyerstand vhy you and Zyelda arre enyemies?" Though as far as he could tell, they weren't really, Zelda just didn't know how to be friends, but what if he was wrong?

Deedee: "It's kinda a long story. Did Zelda tell you anything about Dahlia?"

209lrg7.jpg

Rafael: "The vitch that kyept her in a cage?"

2qurzth.jpg

Deedee: "That's the one."
  • Options
    @Venus: Yeah, I really hope you can salvage your recent progress, because I know how much it sucks to lose gameplay, but it really sucks to lose a whole family, so I'm happy you at least have the old saves to salvage as well...so hopefully between it all, you lose as little as possible, but even in the worst case, you don't lose them all. :D

Ah, that's a good idea, I always forget about blueprints :D

Yeah, I thought that was really funny. :D Some guys are just built that way. :D

That's fun, so you knew well who Sebastian was dating! :D
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Zabeth0 -I disabled automatic pet adoptions and just directed them to adopt which means they prepared for the new arrivals before calling to adopt the pets.Lee is a slob and story progression is terrible for making them cook meals and letting the food go bad before they eat it.They don't like wasting their food even if it's spoiled and got flies.Great updates!
    @Silverofdeams30 -Thanks for the comment.Great update!
    @venusdemilosims - I'm not sure what Spot is though she is cute and I love having her in the game.The timing of your computer issue was as convenient as it was when my fan broke once before the holidays and the computer was in the repair shop waiting for a new fan.
    I've got an update coming up.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Here's more work on Storybrook County.
    Here's an empty lot being converted into the festival lot.
    22781002462_7483efb9e1.jpg
    22606541190_f594b90c90.jpg
    22781015282_c828fc4c8e.jpg
    22402342829_3e06455c9f.jpg
    22402348039_2598bebdaf.jpg
    22805734041_65c3db9f7f.jpg
    I also finished the junkyard building though it still needs to be furnished.
    22171804804_b73960bea1.jpg
    22376180977_5294372a65.jpg
    22794554795_8ec2c203a5.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Im just checkign thread before heading off for today

@venusdemilosims Great update

@Zabeth0 I see, yeah I have no lag there love the place.

@TadOlson Great update
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    As you've probably guessed, this is my vacation week yay... lol

@TadOlson Nice work on the building. Pets can be great to have in the game and in real life, but just like real life they can be very demanding. Lol In real life I have three dogs, including one who is black and white with spots like Spot is.

@Silverofdreams30 Glad to hear you have no lag in Isla Paradiso. When I played it last I didn't have much lag but the resort I'd downloaded wouldn't generate workers so that my sims could check in.

@Zabeth0 So why does Rafael want to kidnap the one person who is trying to help him? Lol
    Funny thing how the Sebastian-Madison relationship got started, actually. Madison was a sim I'd created to test out Showtime. They'd actually 'met' before I'd gotten the EP, and when I got the EP she was a rising singing star, while he of course was the star actor. These were, of course, celebrity types who had the celebrity lifestyle. In many ways they were like oil and water. They argued constantly. It's basically a small miracle that these two managed to bring a child into the Sim world. But the fact that they had a kid was more like an 'oops' more than 'well, we're in love, we planned to start a family.' Neither one of these guys was in any way shape or form fit to be parents. When custody was awarded to Sebastian it was more of a lesser of two evils type of thing. Sebastian, of course, is not a bad guy - in fact, he's actually well-intentioned for the most part. Sometimes he gets caught up in not wanting to hurt anyone, so he ends up hurting everyone. It's the 'good' trait - another legacy trait (this one from the other founder, Nigel) that doesn't get nearly as much play. Not every one of the descendants has this trait (Sage does, Nathan did, Noah the son that passed away did, Sebastian and I think Kaydence may have it latently given that she wanted to turn the future world to a utopia). It gives them a bit of an idealistic quality.
    Even though a part of Sebastian wants Kaydence to follow him into the biz, him getting into show business was itself an accident. Even though he trained as a musician he kind of drifted, until he was discovered on the streets of Bridgeport and became an actor. Kaydence's interest in science is certainly coming from the guy who once played a mad scientist in the movie version of the book 'Zombies? Zombies!', even if he himself doesn't realize it. Thing with Kaydence is she seems to have much more purpose and clarity than her dad ever had, even if it's in a field that's completely opposite from him. She's not drifting at all. There is a streak of idealism in her, certainly - that's definitely from Sebastian, and that's no accident. It's the mark of the Jolinas. But she's also a realist, and much more practical than he ever was. Remember, in their relationship she was the grownup, she was the one handling his finances, his schedule, etc. The parent-child roles were reversed.
    Blueprints are a lifesaver sometimes. It's how I built the 'soap-opera' sets for Kaydence's acting job. Shhhh.
    FINALLY got around to updating the archives this morning. The November posts are up. I think they're from July and August, the last time I spent any serious time in the game before, life happened. There are sixteen of them total.

UPS delivered my hard drive to the post office, I live in a very small town where there are no mail receptacles in front of my house. I didn't get a chance to go there today... maybe tomorrow...

• Options
    edited November 2015
    @venusdemilosims Nice with vacation, yeah only annoying things are the strays that keep coming up to the door even added a mod to not have as many,
    dont want to delete them fro mthe world though but the mod helps definately.
  • Options
    Gaming_BrosGaming_Bros Posts: 36 Member
    I have a Sims 3 Generations and University Series on youTube going on right now so I have a lot going on in game XD....

Let's Play University: https://youtu.be/Twr-k4YNgEQ

Let's Play Generations: https://youtu.be/v0ZHesdecDY

In University we had Ivy Willow and Cherry Sappling head off to University for the first time!

c495b5077a5766ae578736e2163cc8d4.jpg\

We then had them go to their first party...Here are a few pics of them at it

ea645af6122b1ae2a10d8c93ef0cad4a.jpg\

ca245b64d6517320247c57564df2104a.jpg\

And their first university meal...ahh burnt food

def0e894a95a27522942d12292c08bd4.jpg\

Let's Play links are at the top of the post :smile:

11ec45537fda2321d675e48f44117110.png
    Weekly The Sims 3 & 4 Let's Play videos on our YouTube channel. Check us out below & subscribe!

Let's Play The Sims 3 Generations: https://youtu.be/dz0qD2jk4Y0
    Let's Play The Sims 3 University: https://youtu.be/dz0qD2jk4Y0
    Facebook: https://facebook.com/OfficialGamingBros/

• Options
    @Gaming_Bros Can't see your pix... I'll watch your vids later. Welcome to the thread!

Screenshot-6014_zps3kr88thr.jpg

Bonus pic: Rescued from my hard drive - Kaydence walking on water, no I didn't set that up, it was a funny glitch

• Options
    @Silverofdreams30 -Thanks for the comment.
    @venusdemilosims -Thanks for the comment.I used to have real pets and can't in our current house.Great picture!
    @Gaming_Bros -Great pictures!I would use the ITTF replicators in the dorms.I've bookmarked the videos for later.welcome to the thread.
    Gibsons-Winter-1866.
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky were both up very early and getting ready for the day before tending to the daily chores.
    22076929734_cbf2200f3c.jpg
    22699739425_ab91d57b48.jpg
    They started studying and playing with the iPads before Eli cleaned out the sink.
    22710942091_c5efc57a7a.jpg
    They both ended up heading to the junkyard near their farm to look for scrap and junk and it started hailing out while they were there.
    22699813255_c3a5458058.jpg
    They stopped to clean up and eat dinner before working on their stories for a while before getting home and getting to bed.
    22673829846_f9c94f49a3.jpg
    Next day
    Tad and Cody Olson got up early the next morning and Cody started making salad for breakfast.
    22077072264_8474393008.jpg
    22686330102_6e256eac98.jpg
    They went to the pool after chores for a day of fishing and caught a few fish.
    22077113034_4b0a5cff40.jpg
    Tad made another catch before they both went to use the washroom and eat dinner.
    22686368962_45da0f9ac3.jpg
    They left at 7:30 in the evening and got into bed once they got home.
    22711111231_7511c9dbb1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    @TadOlson: It's good to have a festival lot! :D I rather missed them in I think it was Moonlight Hallow. :D In Nicolae's game where I only edit the house he lives in. :D If I were to play a 'real' game in one, I'd definitely want to add a lot for it, so it's cool to know people do so successfully. :D

Good to see them getting use out of the Junkyard. :D (They really get the best out of the community buildings!) YEah, too frosty to swim, I'm sure the fishing was fun. :D

@Venus: Basically, because Zelda is kinda obsessed with Deedee... :D They are frenemies that should be friends he's trying to show Zelda that by lining up different circumstances to let Zelda know she doesn't actually want Deedee dead. Of course, he also wants to prevent Deedee from breaking the love spell, he's quite concerned that he'll lose his mind if he loses one more person... but he just found out that Deedee can't break it. (Well, she can break it but the consequences are too horrible for her to dare, but the shorthand is 'I can't, I just can't.' Which is a great relief to him, as he'd really rather she just flat kill him than break the spell.) He didn't know that when he poisoned her coffee though, and there is no undo button on that act...of course, if while talking, he discovered he was wrong and they were actually full blown enemies (and that Zelda would kill her if he brings Deedee to Zelda), then he could just put Deedee in her bed, and leave without telling Zelda he'd tried anything. If confronted by Deedee again, he could then claim he was just testing if witches really were susceptible to poisons, and really wasn't it a good idea that he was using a harmless one? Of course, he hadn't read Zelda wrong, but he doesn't know why she is that way. :D Deedee's about to fill him in. :D

Well, Kaydence is turning out pretty well, despite her parents incompatibility and her lonely upbringing. :D Ah, yeah, that makes ense. :D I'll have to remember that for future use. :D

Lol- it's not like Sierra can say, "After having medicine in the distant future, I don't want to go back to your witch doctory ways! Would you go back to leeches after having modern medicine? No? Well, I've got better options!" They'd commit her. :D

Lol- the irony of Skylar singing Madison's songs. :D I love the pic of T4$H4 reading "Murder in Pleaseantview" to Jazz. :D (I'm imagining a robot voice intoning Sherlock Holmes stories btw) :D Well, I'm glad Sebastian is talking to Jazz occasionally. :D *Facepalm!* He has no sense!

I'm glad Sierra could give Kaydence ideas and help her out, I hope it works out. :D Well, I'm glad Skylar got the role. hopefully she and her cousin can work together amicably now. :D I really hope Skylar isn't too attached to that boyfriend because it doesn't sound like he plans to be there for her. :D Poor Kaydence, trying to sheild her siblings from what she's been through already. :D How exciting, I hope it works! :D

Lol @ Kaydence running on water glitch. :D (Skylar: Of course little miss perfect runs on water!) :D

• Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    TadOlson wrote: »
    @jillbg -I heard you got an orange tabby friend recently.I used to have one called Pig until he had heart failure and passed away.
    I'm so sorry to hear about your cat @TadOlson My cat died 4 years ago, she was 18 years old and it was really sad. Now I've got little Gimli to cheer things up at home, he's getting more and more reckless for each day! And he's terribly cute!

@Zabeth0 Your sim is just excellent! It's a pity she's not on the exchange... :/

@venusdemilosims Nraas can be intimidating - that's why you should download one mod at a time, and learn it before getting another. I'm still struggling with some settings of SP... I love the pictures - especially from the wedding! :)

Part II - Chapter 23 is up!
    Taïga slowly emerges from her grief, realizing she has to continue living. But there are lose ends… Like Loki… thegreywitches-part02-23-03.jpg
    And she really shouldn't fool around with magic - yet...
    thegreywitches-part02-23-16.jpg
    If you would like to read the whole story, with more and better pictures, please follow The Grey Witches
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @venusdemilosims Great photo of her walking over the water haha its funny.

@jillbg I read the chapter before your newest one that was great.

Here is my next update and we do a little time jump, a few months later.
    I were just to lazy to switch their clothes haha.

[img][/img]Screenshot-74_zpslidc5ugf.jpg

Destiny found out she were pregnant a few weeks after the proposal, here Reinald is talking to the baby.

[img][/img]Screenshot-73_zpsawddn2yt.jpg

Giving her a massage

[img][/img]Screenshot-75_zpsykfgazel.jpg

She loves to practise her magic

[img][/img]Screenshot-76_zps4ngn7gjt.jpg

Going to make breakfast while her boyfriend is dreamign of uh phones.

[img][/img]Screenshot-79_zpspahfsaww.jpg

shes almost top of the painting skill, her she is painting her guy.

[img][/img]Screenshot-80_zpsszriw1i4.jpg

Finished painting

[img][/img]Screenshot-78_zpsyebh4myc.jpg

I have Rainaldo practising the inventing skill.

That is all for now,

• Options
    Deedee: "My father was a witch but my mother wasn't. I was 12...when my aunt came to town and my mom hadn't seen her sister in twenty or so years...she...she didn't realize how dangerous it was to leave the house without my father there...so our sleepover at my aunts night for them to catch up turned very bad...basically Dahlia showed up with a vampire, killed them both and took me to Dahlia's basement."

2873fph.jpg

Deedee: "The cell...it was like an animal enclosure, I thought I was being watched by a lion behind that brush."

kc05js.jpg

Deedee: "I was very relieved when I saw it was a child, and I thought she was six or seven, she was very small and not healthy."

2pqstqp.jpg

Deedee: "I tried to be friendly and talk to her, I didn't want her to be afraid...and she tried, she tried to talk to me."

2mexwfc.jpg

Deedee: "It didn't work...nothing made sense."

34i4kg1.jpg

Deedee: "She seemed to realize that it wasn't working, and looked very frustrated."

206hcsn.jpg

Deedee: "So I made a silly face at her..."

eznx2o.jpg

Deedee: "She made a silly face back..."

2ikedk8.jpg

Deedee: "And we laughed."

rszyhe.jpg

Deedee: "That didn't take language."
  • Options
    @Gaming_Bros LOL the university party pics. My sims don't really seem to get into the university party scene. They get bored, lol.
    @TadOlson Nice festival lot and even nicer that your sims actually use it.
    @jillbg Great pix as always. AJ and his wife are actually a compatible, outdoorsy couple. They're both military so kids are on the back burner for now.
    @Silverofdreams30 She's a talented artist too. Nice painting of her guy!
    @Zabeth0 Awww Deedee and Zelda so cute as kids <3
    Frenemies that should be friends... I know about that too well (Skylar and Kaydence) Rafael's basically lost his whole family and losing one more person close to him will basically drive him insane - if he isn't already. Lol :p
    It's definitely the irony of ironies that Madison is Skylar's idol. Skylar has posters of Madison on her wall. Skylar's uncle, Sebastian, used to date her and had a child with her. And it appears Skylar is beginning to pattern herself after Madison too, with the boyfriend who, by the way, is also dating someone else. None other than Kaydence even caught them together and went to Skylar with the evidence.
    Kaydence once observed that she and Skylar were born to the wrong mothers, that Skylar should have been Madison's child and she should have been Savannah's.
    I think in a weird way Kaydence is turning out the way she is because she put her head down and ignored everything with her books. A girl with a different personality growing up under the same circumstances might have ended up, well, a different way, with a different outcome.
    Sierra, of course, is plum if she does and plum if she doesn't really. And for the most part she brought that on herself with her extensive record and all her eccentric behavior. She's been committed once, so she really doesn't want to go back. She actually went to the future before Kaydence decided she wanted to change it, lol. And then they went together after it got changed, so they did and saw things that no one else in the family knows about. After spending time in the future, Sierra would think everything in the present is primitive.
    I do think part of the draw for Kaydence re: Sierra is because Sierra is someone who lives and plays by her own rules, and she's so disciplined and self-contained. Sierra could care less what people think about her, she does what she wants, when she wants.
    Lol that's exactly what Skylar would think re: Kaydence running on water.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    @Jillbg: Sorry, I'm glad you like her- I don't know how to do cc skins or anything, so I always wonder what my sims would look like with someone who knew how to download cc and things...but I'm so computer inept that I'm worried that a virus or error in my game that I don't know about (since I've had my computers wiped out by virus's before), will somehow get on the exchange...and I don't want to do that to anyone. Otherwise I'd actually try to find out how to do it. I've recently been brave (or reckless) enough to download some patterns from the exchange, but already I can't figure out how to delete some of them that I don't really like in the game itself...they are still there. :D The only reason I have mods is that TadOlson gave me a link that baby stepped me through getting them...a while back. :D Basically, if I knew how to do it without that problem...I'd love to have them on the exchange...it would also help me have a back up version of them in case my computer dies and my back up dies too. :D But, since I can't be sure I wouldn't be that problem for someone else. yeah, sorry. :D

But I'm really happy you added this chapter, I ended up finishing it up and last chapter hit me pretty hard. :D You really know how to twist that knife ;). I'm kinda of a rambling commenter, though, so sorry in advance. :D

I'm glad Granny enlisted Lynn, it's very helpful to have someone understanding by your side in times of grief. :D Wow, they got her on the beach! :D Well, she may not be leading, but at least she's participating with her friends. :D Lol- loved the looking over books. :D Granny's a twilight fan! :D Ah, a fairy tale book that's been hidden...in a witches library! Oh boy! :D She...summoned...a cowplant! Run!! Oh no! :D No, Taiga, it definitely moved! It tried to eat you! 0.0 Thank goodness Granny came to yell at you and explain the whole sim eating thing! :D Ah, the things teenage witches can get up to! :D Well...you know, Missy, when something eats people...they kinda freak out about that...even if it's only eating them because it's starving... :D (We are not most animal's preferred food source...) :D Lol- I have to admit, it looks cute eating a fish. :D Leave it to Rowan to want to train it. :D Then again, he's really a little kid in a teen's body, right? So that makes sense. :D Poor Loki, it probably feels like a job interview. :D Oh, dear, no, Loki, don't you go out there! Oh, thank you, Granny for coming in and solving that curiosity before the cake called! :D "A metalclad, shellproof greenhouse"- lol! :D Oh, the convenience factor of going to the pool rather than the beach... ah, and it looks like they aren't the only ones that liked that idea better. :D Oh, that music gossip makes me wonder if she'll be getting back into music now that she's back with her friends and has some...issues to work through. :D Lol- replacing the umbrella instead of getting tiny umbrellas in the drink...don't worry, Missy, I'm sure the toothpick bottom doesn't add any special flavor, they are just a prop. :D By the way, have I told you that Missy is hilarious, because Missy is hilarious. :D Lol @ Jayler, that's really not nice, but it did make Taiga laugh. :D Poor Tess, though. :D Well, at least the piano's giving her an outlet. Lol @ "You can tune a lawnmower!"

@Silver of dreams: Looks like he's being attentive. :D (Reinald: Mmmm, the sleek casing, the quick response...one day, I'll have a Simsung Edge!) Lol- he gets to look at himself over the computer screen. :D Inventing is fun...just please make sure he's got a shower handy for those...pants on fire moments of inventing. :D

@Venus: Yeah, I figured you could relate to that. ;) Well, he's not quite insane yet, but he's getting quite desperate to not have it happen again. :D Ah, yes, I remember that... I think her name was Opal? :D
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    @venusdemilosims Thank you, yeah her goal is to be good in painting and guital skills.

@Zabeth0 Thank you, I have been workign hard on their skills lol.
    Great update will be interesting to see what happens next.

@TadOlson Great update
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    External HD has arrived today, yay... now the hard part begins...

@Silverofdreams30 Yeah I had a couple sims with that LTW. Helps if they're artistic or musical.

@Zabeth0 Yep, Opal Landgraab, one of the daughters of Malcolm Landgraab. Malcolm (yes that premade sim who starts off in game as a child) in my game had 5 daughters, all named after gemstones. Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Opal, and I forget the other one's name. And there's one son, invariably named Malcolm after himself. Apparently Skylar's boyfriend has a thing for the wealthy heiress types. Lol And to twist the knife further, Malcolm (Opal's brother) is now sending Skylar love letters...If Skylar the heartbreaker is patterning herself after her idol Madison Avenue, she is succeeding.
    If the family knew Kaydence's secret, that she's a) got this whole imaginary world set in the future and b) studying aliens, it would blow the lid right off of her 'miss perfect' image. Big time. If her grandfather tempted fate with his encounter with the Grim Reaper, she is essentially doing the same thing two generations later. Her background as the daughter of an actor and a pop star would suggest she is an unlikely candidate to do the things she is doing.

Went into game briefly last night after installing the patch... the damage is extensive but not unfixable. It's just going to take awhile to do so. Here's an update I'd begun to write before the crash. I was actually able to recover most of the pictures I'd taken for it.

Screenshot-5946_zpsec7kc2ly.jpg

Kaydence's cell phone rang while she was standing outside. It was Sierra. "Are you ready to do this?"
    By now, though, she was ready to get away. Her father and stepmother were arguing almost all the time, and this time, she couldn't exactly blame her stepmother. After all, pictures of Sebastian blatantly accepting a bouquet of pink flowers from another woman were now all over town, and she couldn't help but flash back to the time when she'd walked in on him in the arms of her nanny. She loved her dad, loved him dearly, but things he did...

Screenshot-5923_zpsadtovduw.jpg

Several hours later, after taking a red-eye flight, their limo drove through the streets of Aurora Skies, in a place where neither of them had ever been.

Screenshot-5924_zpsqry4m72t.jpg

The limo arrived in front of the Aurora Resort, where they would stay while they attended the convention.

Screenshot-5925_zpsz4nxjgu4.jpg

For the convention, Sierra had dyed her hair a shocking shade. When she was a teenager, she put her family through a guessing game of 'what color would her hair be today?'

Screenshot-5926_zps3krx3v8x.jpg

Kaydence, the Starlight Shores girl who had never been to this part of the Sim world, soaked in the sights.

Screenshot-5922_zpsojmdj8qe.jpg

"Let's go sign in first," Sierra said. Kaydence nodded.

Screenshot-5935_zpsx4h9gvcl.jpg

After they signed in, they saw a very large redheaded woman at the whiteboard in the front of one of the conference rooms. She was writing a series of numbers and drawing a chart.

Screenshot-5927_zps6jdkz97l.jpg

While the woman was writing, Sierra and Kaydence found a couple of good seats near the front and sat down. Looking at the pair together, they are definitely an 'odd couple' - Sierra, tall, blond, and athletic, and Kaydence with her mound of long, dark curls and exotic features. But somehow, something clicked.
    There is a certain irony in Sierra, the 'delinquent with the record as long as her arm,' keeping company with 'little miss perfect,' though. No one in the family could make any real sense out of the pairing, and yet they were practically inseparable when they got a chance to get together.
    But, of course, the family only knows part of the story. The cousins have kept their full tale under wraps, a tale only they know and a tale Kaydence has only disseminated to one other trusted person - her TerBear.

Screenshot-5942_zpsltg7hbnw.jpg

"Good morning everyone!" the woman began, in a deep, throaty voice. "I'm Dr. Kelly De Witt."

Screenshot-5929_zpshfwscahn.jpg

Both Sierra and Kaydence perked up at the mention of Dr. De Witt's name. She was the premier plumbotics expert in all of Simland. She'd begun her inventing career by tinkering with simbots, primitive by comparison to what she was now doing. When she was a young girl, growing up in a small town outside of Lucky Palms called Oasis Springs, villagers disappeared because of the appearance of aliens - aliens who had been contacted by De Witt using an aluminum satellite dish. Around the time Dr. De Witt won the Simbel Prize, the story had gained a lot of traction.
    Now chief scientist at FutureSim Labs, Dr. De Witt won the Simbel Prize for making her plumbots sentient. What luck for Sierra and Kaydence, who both owned plumbots, to have walked in to her lecture!

Screenshot-5943_zpsbs9wwmqe.jpg

They knew that when Dr. De Witt began talking, they would have to listen...

Screenshot-5939_zpsed3bjix7.jpg

Screenshot-5940_zpsp2cqu6oh.jpg

...and take copious notes.

Screenshot-5938_zpss6jgbh4r.jpg

Dr. De Witt completed her diagram and began to speak. First she explained the concept of sentience in a robot, then explained what trait chips could consist of. "They could be any combination of nanites, blank processors, and crystal flowers. To make a sentience chip, you need an uber nanite, 5 crystals, and a large processor."

Screenshot-5937_zpsth8vptog.jpg

Upon hearing Dr. De Witt's description, Kaydence stumbled on an idea...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top