Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If You could create Your own Expansion pack , What would it be ?

Comments

• hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    City life:

A new world that features apartments, both cheap apts and fancy luxury apartments, as well as the option to live in an apartment above a store.

Also condos for those sims that would rather own then rent.

The downtown area would feature new hot clubs and bars.

New superstar careers include modeling, acting, and singing.

New active careers include, DJ, hair and makeup stylest, and being in a band.

New way of making money through real estate, your sim can buy any business or apartment and reap the benefits, but would also sometimes have to make decisions about the properties when issues arise.

New aspirations such as, lifestyle of the rich and famous, your sim wants to become both rich and famous. And other aspirations to go along with the new careers.

New traits, diva, dramatic, party lover, and grumpy cause that one really needs to make a come back. ;-)
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Pretty much a mix of University. and Generations.

I love how in-depth the college experience was in Uni for ts2, I'd love it if teens and children could also have an in-depth education/social experience.

I'd like it to be able to go through prom like you go through tasks like when you go on a date to receive a rating, doing things like:

-Drink Punch
    -Dance With Your Date
    - Kiss Your Date
    - Take Prom Photo

but can also include sinsiter/mischevous tasks if you choose to do so:
    -Spiking Juice with Fart Powder (lol idk something silly like that)
    -Putting on Mascot costume

But things that could be of a high caliber that could potentially send your teen sim for questioning at the police station, like
    -Stealing King & Queen Crown
    -Setting off fire alarm

If your teen sim was evil or had the dastardly trait, no doubt they'd want to perform these.

things generally that would disrupt the prom.

Rather than have Prom be a rabbit hole, I'd like to be able to see all of it happening.
    The other things below though, I don't mind having off-screen.

[Teens]
    Other things I think would be fun, in addition to Prom;

If your teen sim has enough friends, they can be elected to be Prom King or Queen. Or if they're mischevious and don't get caught, they can buy votes. Prom Queen & King gets a special reward put in that sims's Inventory, like the crown that will give them a special moodlet (Probably confidence, or maybe a motive booster)

Your teen sims can be in a sports team, either basketball, football, volleyball or swimming. It would work like the afterschool job does for teens. They can rank up 3 levels and eventually become captain if their athletic skill is high enough, and if their friendship with their teammates is high enough.

High scores in general and in testing can get your teen sims a scholarship or a boost to their college credits. Mischievous teen sims have the opportunity to try and cheat during the 3 tests that will happen during a teen sim's lifespan. If caught, they go to jail.

Children

I think having a school play could be really fun. Your adult sim (or the whole family, if they're available) can go to see the show performed. There would be 3 possible plays, and its randomized which one your child acts in, if they choose to do so. But only one play per child/per life span.

When play season comes up, you'll get a notification from your child's teacher. If you select yes, after school everyday for a week, your child will stay at school longer to practice for their part. If your child's relationship is high with their teacher (teachers will be introduced in this expansion, just like professors were in university) and their 3 other cast members, your child will have a leading part.

If your child is successful with the play, checking off the checklist of things they do to finish the play on stage. So you'll be controlling them as the play goes along.

(Made up story line for play)
    -Offer sacrifice to the dragon
    -Save the Princess
    -Defeat the dragon

(you would just point and click at the appropriate sim or object)

your child can also use mischievous selections, like
    -Making up the lines
    - Pouring water on castmate

Picking the mischievous options will make your child have detention everyday for the next week, giving them a bored and tense emotion each time they come home.

But selecting either "good" choices or "bad" choices in the school play will reward you in that child's inventory with some object that reflects how they performed in the play. Like a acting award that gives them focused emotion, and a stage that will allow you child to put on skits at home or in public places for money, and for the bad choices, a write up paper that would be enclosed in an frame (your child is proud to have been so mischevious!) that gives off a playful moodlet, and now your child has extra, special mischievous interactions not possible before. (Like spitting in someone's ear, return of the whoopie cushion etc)

Children]
    Other things I think would be fun, in addition to the Play;

A spirit week, where your child can come dressed up as a dragon, prince, some ficitional character for the day (each day a different theme). If your child dresses appropriately, they can earn school credit and their grade will increase.

If your child has a certain interest, they can go to an afterschool class. Art classes for creative sims, a science class, and a gym class. It will boost the skills they'd have as a teen, ya, adult etc.

Phew! That was a lot of typing. And thus, my name for this expansion?

Get An Education . lol.

And it can include restaruants, because I feel like that's severely lacking in ts4. I wish the base game had them. I just want restaruants, darn it!

Now that I've typed so much I really like this enough to make my own post about it XD
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • ISmackISmack Posts: 244 Member
    A Family Fun Time that focus on family gameplay.

Well this is a gamepack for Generations.
  • DarkenedSparrowDarkenedSparrow Posts: 216 Member
    All of your ideas are AweSim. :smiley:
    I'd love a Medieval/Supernatural Pack.
    I loved the states for Sims 3 Supernatual, but I also want to see Sims handling their powers with their own hands. I'd like to see sorcerers. I then want to see --- well, I keep calling them Elementals, which some people don't seem to like, but I'm sure there would be a way to have sorcerers (who wield everything) and Elementals (who only deal with one or so)...

Elemental Sim Idea (Don't Confuse Them With Sorcerers)

I then went one step further and started drawing. It's on my Twitter, so the name's a little different:
    CR2t1ftUEAAexlG.png

It's from one of my other discussions: Powers For Sims? (Sketch Included)

Just my ideas. Nothing special.
    So, I'd really like to see the Gurus take more steps into expanding The Sims 4. I'm sure they read these, but we won't know until we see something. :wink:

• SleepyGeniusSleepyGenius Posts: 64 Member
    A Superstar (S1) / Showtime (S3) type pack.

I'd like to have a singing group, model catwalk for fashion shows, go to the Opera, etc.
    siggy10.jpg
  • RainWoodsRainWoods Posts: 11 New Member
    [quote="stilljustme2;14232920"]Get A Family EP:

[list]
    [*] Teach toddlers how to walk, talk, use the potty chair while making sure they don't get into mischief (this would come in either an accompanying free patch or free optional DLC)
    [*] Children can play without needing extra "stuff" -- the return of games like Tag and clapping games like Mary Mack
    [*] Preteens for that awkward stage between childhood and teenage years -- they can finish up work on child aspirations, they can play with toys and playground equipment but get embarrassed when peers catch them doing it; return of Rebellious trait
    [*] Teens can have savings accounts to save money for when they move out (or go to University when we get that pack); money can be transferred between main household account and savings account
    [*] Curfews return for children, preteens and teens; Sims can "sneak out" to hang with friends and get in trouble, or can cut school and get picked up by the new Truant Officer NPC: families can enroll their offspring in Home Schooling where they have to do a certain amount of work each day (either studying or work on skills); activities like helping prepare meals or clean house
    [*] Teen only clothing and hairstyles in CAS; can be unlocked for other ages with a cheat code
    [*] More ways for Sims to meet -- either online dating (better than in Sims 3) or a return of the matchmaker from Sims 2
    [*] Better weddings (and parties in general) by being able to schedule a specific time and set dress code, rather than have the event take place right after you make the call
    [*] Return of Midlife Crises for Adult Sims
    [*] Elders who have maxed Fitness skill would be less creaky than other Elders, along with living longer if they did the Bodybuilder aspiration; more activities for Elders like shuffleboard, lawn bowling, bridge, tai chi, bingo
    [*] New party type: Funeral/Wake, where family and friends can gather to remember the departed Sim; inheritance system where elder Sims can designate who should get a share of their assets/inventory contents (and who should be left out -- you could have a Sim leave out all their family members!)
    [/list]
    [/quote]
    This is amazing I hope this happens.
  • LianaaLianaa Posts: 185 Member
    I'd make an alien expansion.
    * ALL ABOUT ALIENS *
    I mean since in Sims 4 get to work u can visit planet Sixam,
    other planets would be good, to live in.
    Things I'd include:

-UFO's to spy on simmies and abduct them, well.. woohoo.
    -Instead of alien babies in an alien crib, instead, in a baby UFO which floats and could possibly move around.
    -Children does not go to school as they get homeschooled. *ALIENS ONLY*
    -Some super powers for aliens and also "human" sims. Alien gloom, Alien abducting machine (get some sims pregnant without actually taking them) etc.
    -Teens can actually abduct teens/adults/(possibly elders too lol)
    -Aliens voices a LOT different than "human" sims.
    -More interactions!
    -More food.
    -More careers.

.. and yeah that's it xD
    Beyonce-Nicki-Minaj-Feeling-Myself-3.gif
  • SleepyGeniusSleepyGenius Posts: 64 Member
    edited October 2015
    @stilljustme2

I love your idea! :)
    Also with this pack, a change to the way babies are born would be nice.

They should add a birth bed, so the female sim could lay down moaning in and groaning if well level is low; peaceful and relaxed if wellness is high. The doctor's hands would be on the pregnant stomach and "pop" comes the baby in the doctor's arms.

If you use the birth bed at home, a midwife will come to your home.

Just a though.
    Post edited by SleepyGenius on
    siggy10.jpg
  • thefaeriesgirlthefaeriesgirl Posts: 21 Member
    > @harun789 said:
    > YankeesForever wrote: »
    >
    > Open neighborhood.
    >
    > Loading screens only when travelling to other worlds.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > as much as everyone wants that. it wont be possible to do that they will have to rebuild the entire game to that. and by the time they do that we will be on sims 5 ..sims 5 they will probably try to bring back open world without the rabbit holes.

Actually I don't. As novel as the concept is the issues made it impossible to play on my machine. The same machine that runs sims 4 on ultra graphic settings with loads of custom content and all current packs and expansions just fine. If I load up the base game and maybe a couple expansions in sims 3 and turn all of the graphics down it still runs like garbage.

I think maybe on a smaller scale it might work okay. Like the small neighborhoods we have now and only getting a loading screen when entering a different neighborhood might work. Large scale open world like we had in Sims 3 simply caused too many issues with lag, routing, etc. That Sims stuck bug that we get on occasion could be happening on a much larger scale and causing severe game hang ups; that's just one example.

The fact of the matter is those loading screens are what is enabling people with lower end and older computers to play. I may be able to afford a new PC this year, however, there are a lot of people who can't. I can't, in good conscience, wish for something that would make the game unplayable for so many people.
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    I really love your idea! :smile:

Call me crazy, but I would just love an expansion pack that is called 'get a hair', witch would come with waist length hair and beard, and very sensitive hair movement :blush:
    23rif7.gif
  • Cloud2Cloud2 Posts: 43 Member
    Superhero expansion pack.
    O4BKvvu.gif
    When your stuck in traffic.
  • rbubblesrbubbles Posts: 158 Member
    I'd want something that's a mix of seasons and vacations. Like you could send your sims away to a nice wintery lodge, a blossoming plain, a beach-side resort, or a autumnal apple orchard.
  • iiimeeiiimee Posts: 402 Member
    Beauty Stuff

This expansion pack is all about how your sim looks! There would be new hair, makeup, outfits (men get dresses and women can wear suits). It would include a vast array of semi-normal costumes and things you can use on a daily basis... I think of my sims as movie stars, and I think they deserve to look like stars too!
    Read At The Sim's Library
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I´d make a sports and a stone age pack.

Sports:
    Every world gets a school that the player can name
    Sims can join the school sports team, one team for children and one for teens
    Schools have regular competitions

Same for adults, every world would have a national sports team
    Every world also gets to name one of the sports as their national sport
    If sims play their national sport, they get better moodlets ("feels patriotic" or something)

Stone Age:
    Comes with a two beautiful natural worlds, one akin to the african savannah and the other ice age themed
    Adds the option to restrict sims to the world they reside in and also adds the option to save our own styled looks (both are needed to prevent modern looking sims waltzing through the primeval lands)
    Could play similarily to Sims Castaway for PS2 where we could see our sims actually build their homes
    Has interactions and objects for hunters/gatherers as well as for early settled agricultural civilisations
    And of course it would mesh well with the club system from Get Together for ritualized tribal conflicts
    Perhaps time travel could become an option
  • ISmackISmack Posts: 244 Member
    If someday a genie popped out of Your computer screen & said "What Expansion pack for the sims 4 would You like to have?"
    What would You choose ?

giphy.gif

For me , I would make a celebrity themed expansion pack like The Sims 1 Superstar combined with a better version of The Sims 3 Showtime + Latenight .

This is just a short detail of what I would like to see , ofcourse I want to see "Pets" / "Supernatural" Etc .... but I mentioned something that I don't think will be made .

Also I would love to see A "Urbz Sims in the city" styled expansion pack , as that game was over the top awesome !

What would You add to the game if You had a choice ?

Haha, I keep forgetting it was even you in the signature.
  • likesareelikesaree Posts: 204 Member
    edited November 2015
    Medieval EP. Properly done. I want to build castle, have servants, knights, Kings and Queens. I want to common folk to recognize the Royalty and bow in their presence. I want "King" & "Queen" to be their careers - don't want my King going to work as a lowly dishwasher lol - and they have an income for it, but of course there can only be one king and queen.

And wow urbz!! That was the best game! Would love to see that style introduced with apartments and some kind of mega city EP. Being able to designate areas would be great, like your Upper class, Downtown etc

And a family based EP. Toddlers, of course, as well as treehouses, after school activities for kids, sandpits etc

And Pets. Hurry up with the pets! Would love horses to come back, cats and dogs of course but something new like maybe a farm EP?

And Seasons :smiley::smile:

Basically I'd ask for a supermegaawesome EP with Medieval, Urbz, Families, Pets/Farm & Seasons.

Yeah that'd be great :heart::smiley::wink:

Wow and had to add Supernatural and University. But make University more like TS2 Uni, was much more exciting to and interesting to play. Even some kind of school life pack would be great, designate uniforms for the kids, send them to boarding school or a private school, maybe even play them while they're at school.
  • mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    edited November 2015
    Go to school-has elementary, high school and university playable lots. And I don't know if anyone out there remembers the Sims like game where you got to be a celebrity!? Man I am racking my brain and can't remember the name of it....but ya something like that. lol And any other packs that can be added to my game that will change the normal way to play. ;)
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Sigma4lifeSigma4life Posts: 163 Member
    edited November 2015
    I would really like a generations expansion pack like in the sims 3. Sims need to spend more time as a family.

Since they are making groups in Get Together, I was thinking that there could be a stay at home mom and dad group, like the PTA, and a challenge would be to have to bake cookies for the school or help with a science project that boosts logic and creativity for the kids and the parents. Kids could ask for candy. Parents could tuck their kids in at night or read bedtime stories. Spouses can kiss their partners goodbye before work or when they come home. Parents can hug their kids for good grades or send them to do their homework right away for bad grades. I miss curfews. They were sometimes annoying but now I miss them. Kids throwing a tantrum on the floor. A new icon for married couples, maybe some only want to marry once and when their partner dies, they want to stay single, with others may search for a companion. The ones that want to stay single could have a constant widow/widower status. Grandparent’s that spoil their grandchildren with cookies, candy or gifts. Parents desiring a date night away from the kids for adult talk, especially if one is a stay at home parent.

I would love for them to bring back nectar making like Craftaholic suggested. I loved that! I loved how it aged and I could finally have some fun with all the fruit my family collected.

Bringing back season would be awesome. I loved that one. Especially with the seasonal carnival booths. Along with apartment buildings and the university expansion.

And I am all for a medieval expansion pack!!! I’ve designated my own Royals, Nobles, Merchants, and Peasants in one of my towns, but it would be awesome of my game recognized it as well and sims acted accordingly.
  • AbsolXAbsolX Posts: 8 New Member
    A school pack. I don't mean University and mean school for children and teens. It would work like Get to Work, but for school. You could even sign up for electives to easily raise skills and work on childhood aspirations. The pack would be priced at the same as a game pack, but would require Get to Work. University would be added pack in a more expensive version.

Really a way for cheap pack pieces would be nice. For example: A pack that is only the aliens from Get to Work or only the retail shops.
    Small jobs packs: These packs would require Get to Work, but for other jobs.
  • daerivirgedaerivirge Posts: 166 Member
    I'd like a pack which gives toddlers, the color wheel and round/hexagonal/mansard roofing.

If I'm going for theme, I'd like the big city where I can build apartments and maybe even let more sims live in one apartment building. Build apartments! ELEVATORS! Round stairs, things like that.
  • NikkioneNikkione Posts: 113 Member
    Just aspirations, full stop. They added tons of careers, professions and self employment without any aspirations linked to them. I would like to play the game again but without them its not fun (for me), but just repetitive (like i am being about the missing aspirations I suppose lol). I am not sure if they added the self employment as an option yet as i haven't played since they released the hot tubs stuff pack, but if a sim owns a retail lot they should be classed as employed, i.e. business owner.
    Please please please can we have more aspirations.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    > @harun789 said:
    > YankeesForever wrote: »
    >
    > Open neighborhood.
    >
    > Loading screens only when travelling to other worlds.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > as much as everyone wants that. it wont be possible to do that they will have to rebuild the entire game to that. and by the time they do that we will be on sims 5 ..sims 5 they will probably try to bring back open world without the rabbit holes.

Actually I don't. As novel as the concept is the issues made it impossible to play on my machine. The same machine that runs sims 4 on ultra graphic settings with loads of custom content and all current packs and expansions just fine. If I load up the base game and maybe a couple expansions in sims 3 and turn all of the graphics down it still runs like garbage.

I think maybe on a smaller scale it might work okay. Like the small neighborhoods we have now and only getting a loading screen when entering a different neighborhood might work. Large scale open world like we had in Sims 3 simply caused too many issues with lag, routing, etc. That Sims stuck bug that we get on occasion could be happening on a much larger scale and causing severe game hang ups; that's just one example.

The fact of the matter is those loading screens are what is enabling people with lower end and older computers to play. I may be able to afford a new PC this year, however, there are a lot of people who can't. I can't, in good conscience, wish for something that would make the game unplayable for so many people.

I like the idea of open neighborhoods and just loading screens when traveling to a new town/world. I'd rather have a loading screen than just sitting and watching my Sim drive down the road, then get out and run up a hill to get to his destination (like with some of the spots in Hidden Springs). And I'm one that doesn't really mind rabbit holes -- it's a chance to park my Sims somewhere and take a break while I focus on other members of the household (in Sims 3 I'd usually have at least one stay at home Sim, especially when we got Ambitions with the self-employment opportunities; it was great to have the rest of the family at work and school and just focus on my Sim writing, or painting/sculpting then going down to the consignment shop to sell their wares.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    iiimee wrote: »
    Beauty Stuff

This expansion pack is all about how your sim looks! There would be new hair, makeup, outfits (men get dresses and women can wear suits). It would include a vast array of semi-normal costumes and things you can use on a daily basis... I think of my sims as movie stars, and I think they deserve to look like stars too!

Can we add in a way to add (or remove) tattoos without going into cas.fulleditmode? That's what I really want, along with some new tattoos and tattoo locations (we've got the cute two piece swimsuits now plus the midriff shirts -- how about bringing back the belly button tattoos?).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ThatDoctorWhoSimmerThatDoctorWhoSimmer Posts: 4 New Member
    •Farm
    • Better Pets
    • Doctor Who Pack :)
  • likesareelikesaree Posts: 204 Member
    Go to school-has elementary, high school and university playable lots. And I don't know if anyone out there remembers the Sims like game where you got to be a celebrity!? Man I am racking my brain and can't remember the name of it....but ya something like that. lol And any other packs that can be added to my game that will change the normal way to play. ;)

There was The Sims Superstar! It was great! And I think it was TS2 Showtime you could be famous in that as well, but it wasn't done as well as Superstar :)