Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dust to Dust: A tale of life, death, and love [COMPLETE 11/24/15]

Comments

• ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @roseinblack69 What a great pick!!! I love The Cure :)
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    @roseinblack69 What a great pick!!! I love The Cure :)

@ThePlumbob me too, The Cure is one of my favorite bands <3:)
    edited October 2015
    So I've been listening to more HIM this morning - I feel like it's 10 years ago haha (I used to be a huge fan of theirs between the ages of 15-22 or so); and I've got two more Lucas and Ev songs for you that are really reminiscent of the end of their relationship:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsBHo8LVM3I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HfWTjTs-1U

Sorry for all the HIM spam haha!
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Omg I love all the song recommendations :love: I haven't listened yet, but I will soon! :) and I will totally add them to my playlist :tongue: (also, fun fact! I don't know The Cure very well, but their song Lovesong ended up kinda becoming me and my boyfriend's 'song', so I approve of them being included too hehe)

New chapter in a couple of hours! :)
    snvAF3B.png
    Literally the worst chapter cover ever, because I (no exaggeration) made it in about three minutes, because it was five minutes to posting time and I realized I had no cover image :lol: I should have picked a better picture that allowed for less horrible word-placement... Oh well :tongue:

WIT3vBR.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
    edited October 2015
    PS: OMG @ThePlumbob and @roseinblack69 I love those songs! They are literally all perfect for Lucas and Ev's relationship (or relationship DOWNFALL... haha). I'm totally downloading them and putting them on my playlist! (Special shoutout to Heartache Every Moment for the lines "Lashes to ashes, Lust to dust", because that's a great play on words for the title, no? :tongue:)

PSS: ThePlumbob, I just realized/remembered that I actually used a HIM song for a fanvideo I made once for the movie Repo! The Genetic Opera :lol: I stumbled upon the song by accident, but had never listened to HIM before... "Poison Girl"? :)
    snvAF3B.png
    PS: OMG @ThePlumbob and @roseinblack69 I love those songs! They are literally all perfect for Lucas and Ev's relationship (or relationship DOWNFALL... haha). I'm totally downloading them and putting them on my playlist! (Special shoutout to Heartache Every Moment for the lines "Lashes to ashes, Lust to dust", because that's a great play on words for the title, no? :tongue:)

PSS: ThePlumbob, I just realized/remembered that I actually used a HIM song for a fanvideo I made once for the movie Repo! The Genetic Opera :lol: I stumbled upon the song by accident, but had never listened to HIM before... "Poison Girl"? :)

The play on words is definitely one of the reasons why that was the first song that popped in my head :)

Oh cool! Poison Girl is a good song :) HIM was pretty big in Europe (they're Finnish), not so much in the US. Though they became more known in the US at one point through a weird association with Bam Margera (not really someone most people would want to be associated with lol, but supposedly he really connected with their music...go figure :D)
    So they will have really a lot of work here... But I am sure they will learn all these arrows, lines and symbols. They all are smart enough to do that :)
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited October 2015
    waits impatiently for the next update

Just kidding Just kidding! I guess since I am so hardcore #TeamMel I felt for Mel more than what is going on with Ev. Like yes, as a reader I definitely want to know whats going on and how it unfolds but it makes me a bit sad to see Mel like that. And yes I know we only caught her for a few moments when she came for Danica but flargles
    I did fangirl, don't judge me.
    Okay, @OJenn 's comment in the lounge made me want to do a little "fun fact" post about Lucas' wardrobe in D2D :lol: I don't know if anyone has ever noticed this, but here goes... (This will be long, forgive me :lol:)

So, when the story first began, I just gave Lucas his original outfit (with the green plaid) because I wanted him to wear green so it would bring out the color of his eyes :lol: There was no deep thinking behind it until later :tongue:

*flashback to the first ever D2D screenshot... mini Lucas :love:*

29.png

Teen Lucas had green in his clothing for pretty much the same reason:

213.png

But then I started thinking about Evelyn, and how her color shows her emotion... So I started thinking "What if Lucas' outfit shows his over-all emotion for each section of story? (I wasn't able to make it PERFECT, but from this point onward, I did make a conscious effort haha This is where it stopped being accidental). I decided to stick with green as the base color, since I still liked how it brought out his eyes haha. But I also knew that green represents "happiness".

As a child and teen, Lucas was very happy with Evelyn, so his green/light-colored attire made sense.

As a YA, Lucas is not as happy anymore. He's feeling frustrated, sad, bored (and later extremely guilty :lol:) so I gave him a the bluish-green shirt with the gray jacket. More dull colors to show that he's not truly happy anymore.

57.png

Lucas doesn't go back to full-on green until after he thinks Evelyn has moved on. He's also moved on himself (more or less!) and is happy and about to be married to Mel. So he's all in green now :lol:

1114.png

Lucas has black with just a hint of green for his next wardrobe change, because of how upset he is about his and Mel's fertility issues. It's a dark time for him and Mel, but with still a sliver of happiness underneath it all! Now, I admit that I kept this shirt for him even AFTER Mel got pregnant (even though the "darkness" in his mood was gone!) simply because I was running out of green shirt options (the game only has so many! :tongue:) :lol:

20.png

But Lucas is back to all-green when he has Krysti :)

241.png?w=640&h=360

After Damien dies, and when Krysti is making him think more and more of Ev, Lucas is back to a green and black combo -- because there's happiness mingled with the sadness there.

107.png?w=640&h=360

The next Lucas look was difficult to find, because I'd pretty much run out of green options at this point :lol: I liked the idea of putting him in a button-up, but there wasn't a green one, and I couldn't decide what alternate color to go for. I ended up going with white (no green for once :open_mouth:). Upon doing a quick google search, I found that since white is considered an equal balance of all colors, it's considered an equal balance of the positive and negative of all colors... And at that point in the story (when the truth about Ev begins to unravel), Lucas is feeling a mixture of positive and negative feelings all over :lol: So white worked (I won't lie though -- I probably would have just gone with white no matter what :tongue: But I was happy to have a "reason" to back it up :lol:)

unnamed-file.png?w=640&h=360

Which brings us to green 'grampa-sweater' Lucas :lol: He's definitely experiencing a lot of frustration right now with trying to find the angelfish, but I went with the over-all feeling of happiness that he'd have from finally having Ev back in his life and having the truth out there for his family.

115.png?w=640&h=360

And yes, Lucas' next outfit is already planned :lol::tongue: I thought it would be fun to take the theme and go with it throughout the whole story, so that's what I'm trying to do! (though my choice of green clothing is definitely waning now :lol: But I figured out a way to keep it consistent with my color theme using what's available to me!)

Did anyone ever pick up on that at all, even a little? :lol: I'm sure you at least noticed he's always got some green (except for that one little bit of time!).

It was way too exhausting to pick that color theme and then try to make it work with the available clothing I had (especially when I started running out of options!), so that's why he's the only character I did it with hahaha.

Sorry for a mini-novel, but there you go. :tongue: Probably the one detail of my screenshots that I put way too much thought into :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
    OJenn wrote: »
    waits impatiently for the next update

Just kidding Just kidding! I guess since I am so hardcore #TeamMel I felt for Mel more than what is going on with Ev. Like yes, as a reader I definitely want to know whats going on and how it unfolds but it makes me a bit sad to see Mel like that. And yes I know we only caught her for a few moments when she came for Danica but flargles
    I did fangirl, don't judge me.

Oh I completely know what you mean @OJenn ! I feel really bad for Mel, it must feel pretty plummy to be kind of sidelined by your own family. It would be really interesting to see a chapter that focuses more on her, to know where she's at... because the thing is, it doesn't look like Evelyn is going anywhere (not that she could even if she wanted to haha), so Mel will need to figure out a way to cope with her being around.
    edited October 2015
    @CitizenErased14 - And see I learned something new today about the story I love! I had NO IDEA you had planned it this much, and I think its absolutely awesome that you put as much thought into it as you did.

@ThePlumbob - That would be interesting to see, I commented on Wordpress that I would give many pennies for Mel's thoughts.
    @Ojenn @ThePlumbob Oh yes, there's a lot going on there with the Mel and Ev dynamic... and I promise it will be looked into with more detail, but not right away :) Most of the awkwardness is on Mel's end for sure. She's a very strong and selfless person, but I think she's kind of reached her limit when it comes to Ev. Just imagine how uncomfortable that situation would be. (I try to... but it's hard to even wrap my head around what that would be like haha)

I hope people didn't mind that I didn't actually SHOW the first-ever Mel and Ev meeting. I figure it would have literally been Lucas standing there uncomfortably going "Mel, this is Ev." "Ev, this is Mel."

"... Hi."

"...Hi."

"..."

:lol:

snvAF3B.png
    @CitizenErased14 - I figured as much! I was trying to think of what that meeting would be like and thats pretty much what I had in my mind.
    And it has to be super awkward for Mel, the way I see it she is sharing her husband and child AND grandchild knowingly with her husband's first love. Yeah I'd probably react the same way. Kudos to Ev though for saying what she said to Danica Doesn't mean I like her more than Mel
    @OJenn I liked being able to have Ev step in like that :) She has matured quite a bit recently, I think. And I think she feels a little guilty because she recognizes how hard the situation is for Mel (but it's not like she's going to NOT spend time with Lucas or Krysti or Danica just to please Mel... She loves them all too much to do that :lol:)

I like to think that Lucas is very sensitive to the situation too though :) It must be so awkward for him too! (Why do I do this to my characters? :lol:)
    snvAF3B.png
    edited October 2015
    @OJenn I liked being able to have Ev step in like that :) She has matured quite a bit recently, I think. And I think she feels a little guilty because she recognizes how hard the situation is for Mel (but it's not like she's going to NOT spend time with Lucas or Krysti or Danica just to please Mel... She loves them all too much to do that :lol:)

I like to think that Lucas is very sensitive to the situation too though :) It must be so awkward for him too! (Why do I do this to my characters? :lol:)

You cruel wordtress! :lol:
    edited October 2015
    Today's chapter is here! It was going to have words, but I decided not to :lol: Still unsure whether or not that was a wise decision (see my author's note in the comments for more info haha)

3AGqS0Q.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
    *stares at the Evelyn and Mel pictures*

#TeamMel is intrigued and curious to see what happens.
    *stares at the Evelyn and Mel pictures*

#TeamMel is intrigued and curious to see what happens.

Haha don't get TOO excited, but yes, there are some changes going on in that dynamic :)

snvAF3B.png
    edited October 2015
    @ThePlumbob is always so insightful with her comments!

And @CitizenErased14 WHY WAS I NOT FOLLOWING YO UNTIL NOW?!?!? I'm dense...clearly.
    LMAO @OJenn I just got the notification on WP that you're now following D2D and I was like "wait... You mean she wasn't before?" :lol:

And yes, @ThePlumbob would be the winner of the "most insightful comments" award, I think :) (not that other people don't make insightful comments too, of course!)
    snvAF3B.png
    @ThePlumbob is always so insightful with her comments!
    @ThePlumbob would be the winner of the "most insightful comments" award, I think :) (not that other people don't make insightful comments too, of course!)

Aww <3 This is so going to go to my head :D
    I love your "silent" chapters as always @CitizenErased14 <3 I like when they make me think :D
  • Hemera123Hemera123 Posts: 905 Member
    I just love these wordless chapters! <3 Interlude about Evelyn made me a huge impression and after that everytime I have seen a wordless chapter I have been so excited.
    I love your "silent" chapters as always @CitizenErased14 <3 I like when they make me think :D
    Hemera123 wrote: »
    I just love these wordless chapters! <3 Interlude about Evelyn made me a huge impression and after that everytime I have seen a wordless chapter I have been so excited.

Thank you @roseinblack69 and @Hemera123 ! I love doing the wordless chapters so much :) They are always very difficult though!
    snvAF3B.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top