Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims standing outside waiting before each game play.

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem or if this problem has already been talked about. And if so, I apologize for the repetitiveness. I didn't know where to go to find the answer. For some reason--and I think this happened after the update this December--every time I go to play a household, a box pops up where I have to click on a particular sim, in like a household of 5, to play. I press one randomly and then it sends me to the house where every sim in the household is standing outside idly waiting for command, as if I had just left them there in the last game play--which I didn't. They are always left doing something when I leave the game when saving and exiting. I'm not sure what the problem is and I'm not sure if my work is even being saved anymore. And I know for a fact that I've been pressing the save button and then the exit. Please help.

Comments

• Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    This has started happening in my game too. They're always on the sidewalk when I start my game, though I never left them there when I exited.

I don't get the pop-up to select a Sim though.
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    maplelilymaplelily Posts: 2 New Member
    @Megandthemoon - I've been told that it's an issue with the saving. I've tried 3 of the 4 saving methods--"save and exit," "save and manage worlds," and "save." None of these have solved the problem. I have yet to try "save as"... but I've been told by the same person to try this method instead. So, maybe it'll work for you. I have never had any gaming issues when playing the Sims 2, so it's making me upset now that I'm seeing all of these random issues, including this one :( . But, all in all, good luck.
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    I'm pretty sure this is something that's been happening since launch i could be confused with something else tho. When I load up my game my Sims are always standing on the sidewalk with a huge group of townies aswell.
  • Options
    NaydiNaydi Posts: 387 Member
    steve7859 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure this is something that's been happening since launch i could be confused with something else tho. When I load up my game my Sims are always standing on the sidewalk with a huge group of townies aswell.
    I never had this problem until this December patch. Previously, my Sims were in the house where I left them. Now everyone is on the sidewalk. I thought they had specifically fixed this in the patch. Evidently they CREATED this in the patch.
    This I do for the fun of it.
    • My Sims 4 Blog with Custom Content and Commentary is at Celynoir
    • Get my Custom Content at The Sims 4 Noir and Mod the Sims.
    • More downloads, houses and Sims, are available in the Gallery, under Naydi33.
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Thank you @maplelily‌ I'll try that :)
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    maplelily wrote: »
    I've been told that it's an issue with the saving.

I am having this problem as well since the December patch. And I also have problems with saving the game, my game already crashed 3-4 times during the saving process. When I restart the game, I noticed my sims (a family of 4) were standing on the sidewalk instead of doing something. Drives me crazy! :(
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    Naydi wrote: »
    steve7859 wrote: »
    I never had this problem until this December patch. Previously, my Sims were in the house where I left them. Now everyone is on the sidewalk. I thought they had specifically fixed this in the patch. Evidently they CREATED this in the patch.

Its so strange that bugs seem to be effecting peoples games in different ways, the sidewalk thing is something i have experienced from day one. And long before the December patch yet other people have bugs that i haven't come across myself. Very rarely have i come across a bug in my game i have one that effects the cheap stove, sims get leftovers out and will go and eat it in front of the stove and one of the hobs/rings/burners on the stove will light up as if your cooking but there is nothing on the stove top.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I was only experiencing the Sims on the sidewalk issue when I'd start a new family -- now it's happening with existing families.

I also have the issue with the cheap stove -- I figured that's the sign it's cheap, it takes a long time to cool back down or something.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    JulianneALeeJulianneALee Posts: 109 Member
    I just spent two hours on the help chat. They had me repair the game and use CCleanup, but my Sims still wait on the sidewalk for the household to be played again. The only time they don't is when I play a household designated "Resume Play." I think they wasted my time and should have just told me to wait for a patch fix. That's what we always had to do with Sims 2. Now I'm not only frustrated, I'm annoyed as well.
    Julianne Lee
    Simmer since 2001
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes I have this issue as well.
  • Options
    Angeleyeswi69Angeleyeswi69 Posts: 104 Member
    I have never had an issue like this before, but some people seem to be experience. The original poster stated that they have the pop up where they chose which sim to play, this pop up should only be coming if you left the game with your Sims in different places, such as some at home and some at the park, then it would take you to whichever place the sim is you choose. It sounds like a save glitch, and though it could be a little bit of an annoyance, unless it is really affecting more it wouldn't bother me so much as some of the other glitches they have do.
  • Options
    drummerspicedrummerspice Posts: 7 New Member
    It doesn't seem this has been fixed yet (or am I mistaken?). I have only one family that loads standing on the sidewalk, their bladder is in red and always in the middle of the night, no matter which way I save. Both of the kids haven't been able to do homework in a very long time, although they both have A's. I did buy homework books from the bookcase. And when Sims get home from work/school, they are always off of the property.
  • Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    I play rotational and when swapping households, they always start with everyone on the sidewalk. The only time this doesn't happen is as someone else mentioned, when I choose to "resume playing" a family. I thought it was intentional.

The popup making me pick who I want to play, only appears if the game claims one (or more) sim is not at the home lot. As long as I pick to play one that is at home, there are no issues - it loads the home lot with everyone there. If you choose to play as one of the sims that is supposedly at a community lot, the community lot will load, but my sim won't be there. This is an annoyance when trying to enter a single sim household, which of course only lets me pick that one sim, and forces me to the empty community lot and an extra load screen before I can click the sim and choose "play as" to get sent to the home lot.

The sims that are "supposedly" at a community lot, or visiting neighbours, are there because when I have played another household the game has chosen those sims to populate the community lot I visited at some point, or were either visiting the lot I just played previously (or just in the public area around that lot) and as such are "away".
  • Options
    vampiredude09vampiredude09 Posts: 77 Member
    this happened to me several times, it's not happened for some time now, but a few times, my sims are standing up next to the object they using when I saved, like when they were asleep, when I loaded the game, thy appeared standing next to the bed, insted of laying in it
  • Options
    pchyskye2000pchyskye2000 Posts: 64 Member
    I believe this is a bug and not intentional and it has not been fixed because I never had this problem before these last patches. Also I see a bug pop up every now and then old and new. When is EA going to fix all this? Enough with the packs fix what you already made. It is broken it has many many leaks...
  • Options
    JulianneALeeJulianneALee Posts: 109 Member
    If it's intentional, I think I can live with it because it's at least consistent. I had the issue of being taken to an outside lot where the Sim in question was not there, but that happened only once. I've turned off aging for unplayed Sims, and haven't had a problem like that since.
    Julianne Lee
    Simmer since 2001
  • Options
    Sims2FTWSims2FTW Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm glad am not the only one with this problem! It's getting pretty annoying, Why hasnt EA done anything about it?
  • Options
    monsterhospitalmonsterhospital Posts: 13 New Member
    I am suddenly having this problem now, when I didn't have it before. So it seems they STILL haven't patched it.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I am suddenly having this problem now, when I didn't have it before. So it seems they STILL haven't patched it.

Hello.
    It occurs after you have been to manage world, and when playing another household. It is part of the game design and intentional that it is happening.
  • Options
    orlyonokorlyonok Posts: 191 Member
    I have a feeling I have seen them mentioning this in patch notes a while back, as in they had fixed it. Can't check for it now, since I'm at work. But I don't think it is intentional and that means ♪♫BUG PARTY♫♪ *face palms*
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    orlyonok wrote: »
    I have a feeling I have seen them mentioning this in patch notes a while back, as in they had fixed it. Can't check for it now, since I'm at work. But I don't think it is intentional and that means ♪♫BUG PARTY♫♪ *face palms*
    I don't recall a patch addressing at least for a few months and I too think some reports may not be noticing if they used managed world or rotated households.

I do encourage anyone that thinks this a problem is to first have sims do something yo stop standing then exit the save and game and return directly to the save to see if the standing ocurr again.
  • Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    maplelily wrote: »
    I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem or if this problem has already been talked about. And if so, I apologize for the repetitiveness. I didn't know where to go to find the answer. For some reason--and I think this happened after the update this December--every time I go to play a household, a box pops up where I have to click on a particular sim, in like a household of 5, to play. I press one randomly and then it sends me to the house where every sim in the household is standing outside idly waiting for command, as if I had just left them there in the last game play--which I didn't. They are always left doing something when I leave the game when saving and exiting. I'm not sure what the problem is and I'm not sure if my work is even being saved anymore. And I know for a fact that I've been pressing the save button and then the exit. Please help.

That only happens to me when I go to play a household after playing other households or after making changes to that household in the Household Management screen.

Is it happening when you go to play the same household you were playing before you saved?
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello.
    It occurs after you have been to manage world, and when playing another household. It is part of the game design and intentional that it is happening.

What exactly is the point of it though? I don't get the logic in it.
  • Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »

Hello.

After you move around between households, the game loses track of what everyone was doing, so it leaves them standing outside the house to give you a chance to look at their needs and stuff and assign them to whatever you think they should be doing. Or give them a chance to decide what they need to do next. I just look at it like they're waiting for some stage direction before they actually start playing.
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »

Hello.

After you move around between households, the game loses track of what everyone was doing, so it leaves them standing outside the house to give you a chance to look at their needs and stuff and assign them to whatever you think they should be doing. Or give them a chance to decide what they need to do next. I just look at it like they're waiting for some stage direction before they actually start playing.

Ah ok, thanks for the explanation.