Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My First Robber

So my sims are all asleep when a burglar breaks in. Nobody wakes up, although I try to get the dad to do something, but there's nothing for him to do. So the robber sneaks around laughing and using a machine that sucks things up. I can't tell what he's stealing. So he leaves and everyone is still sleeping, but they get a 24 hr moodlet about having their stuff stolen! So I start waking the kids up to get ready for school and discover he stole the toilets!! I cracked up. What kind of a nut steals toilets? I had to go into buy mode and buy new ones. I didn't have a burglar alarm but now I do! I loveTS3!!!
You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.

Comments

• Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    That's really funny! I'd give you a lol but they seem to have disappeared along with the toddlers in Sims 4.

I think I will remove my burglar alarms in hopes of getting robbed. :)
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    @okblondee7 Toddlers-just another reason TS3 is superior! :)
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I once had a burglar break into a vacation house in France while my sim was way out tomb raiding. He (she?) took half the objects in the house (which was small). I don't remember of the toilet was taken, but I think the shower, the kitchen table and chairs, sofas, maybe the bed...quite a bit. My sim came home to house with some rooms mostly empty.

More recently, I had a burglar try and rob my sims while they were in Oasis Landing. Of course, it was a plumbot burglar:

pbburglar_zpstmjk8mbv.jpg~original

And I was prepared:

pbburglarfreak_zpsvzm9viqh.jpg~original

I always remember France when my sims move into a new home now.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Hah! Those burglars will take anything. A burglar stole my fish bowl (occupied by a fish) with 'em one time. Not sure what he needed with that...but okay, bye, Goldy.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Put the alarm outside of the house by the front door. It will go off before they even get inside. :smiley:
    tumblr_nn8neaRAT51ssiu0eo2_1280.png
    The repo man can be pretty heartless too taking toilets.
    tumblr_nng6os5yoA1ssiu0eo4_1280.png
    tumblr_nng6os5yoA1ssiu0eo5_1280.png
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I had a burglar the other day. I left my PC unattended for a few minutes and came back and saw my Sims had the 'stuff taken' negative moodlet and also a missing bath tub.

That is the second time they got robbed, and the second time they lost their bath tub...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • amethnwamethnw Posts: 114 Member
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    Of course, it was a plumbot burglar:

Ha, I didn't know those existed. Awesome!

• lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,014 Member
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    ...pbburglarfreak_zpsvzm9viqh.jpg~original
    Oh! I've never seen the robo-burglar! What fun. :D

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2015
    I did have an alarm when a burglar paid my household a visit once. He never passed the alarm though, he stole a bush in the garden and disappeared in the night :D

edit: a plumbot burglar, I didn't know, that's so funny!!!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • WonderstruckkWonderstruckk Posts: 195 Member
    I tend to get robbed when I move into a new house, I don't know why. I recently just moved a son from my Legacy family into a house of his own with his new wife and on their second night there they got robbed. It's the music I think I hate the most
    anigif_enhanced-25237-1426197588-11_preview.gif
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    I've been robbed quite a few times. I find it very exciting.
    Once I went to the toilet while my sims were sleeping and when I came back I could see the end of a fight which one of my sims had won. It looked like my brave sim had woken up and confronted the intruder.

I want to see those plumbots thives one day. I read about them.
  • AoifeIrelandAoifeIreland Posts: 1 New Member
    The music that plays when a robber is on your lot gives me a heart attack every time... I also tend to only get robbers when I have an unlucky sim. Just a few days ago I made an unlucky sim, and she got robbed the first night! He only stole a painting though, so it wasn't that great of a loss, thankfully. :)
  • orbeezbabiesorbeezbabies Posts: 79 Member
    Know what you should do? Use testingcheatsenabled true and just delete them. It is even better to do this to the Repo Man and never pay
    I see I am Debbidoo
    edited October 2015
    My neighbors have hacked me to death and are evil in real life. They are true burglars. Yes NASA area employees have some advanced hacking techniques.
  • ARRenschARRensch Posts: 694 Member

Things that would sound crazy in real life.

The second household, first family I created consisted of a father (ironically had the lucky trait), a wife, and two twin toddlers.

A few days in there was a burglar. Not knowing the game well, I freaked and thought they would all die or something. Fortunately, the father had the brave trait, (although I never knew it would make a difference), and he fought off the burglar while I sent his wife to the children's room to call the police and keep them safe.

The guy tried to steal the TV and a teddy bear named Balloons. When he went for the teddy bear though, I thought he was going for the wife and children and was like, "Noooo!"

I did once put cheese on a shower floor and sausage links and more cheese in a pool in another game for pure fun and the repo man took it all. And a rug and a bed. But really?! The CHEESE???
    Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.
  • Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    edited October 2015
    I made a household once and it was robbed the first night they were there...
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    My legacy family was just visited by a burglar for the very first time. Look at the smug look on her face! She doesn't know that the alarm is about to start blaring.
    30hto2u.jpg

The policewoman who answered the alarm thought the burglar was quite attractive...
    qppedg.jpg

... but she still fought and then apprehended her. The beginning of a love/hate relationship?
    xmk1so.jpg
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Welcome to the neighborhood!

I remember my first burglary - Twyla Summers came to my house and took my trash smasher and my stove! I should've known something was up when that creepy music started playing! She ended up getting away with the goods, leaving me wondering what the police officer was thinking... not radioing for backup or something - maybe I watch COPS too much! I immediately bought an alarm afterwards... though I now couldn't buy the stove! Oh, well at least she left me the cheap grill to cook on... :tongue:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    The most heartless thing the burglers could take is the toilet paper. Leave those poor sims in the lurch. Bahaha. :P

You all are lucky though. Every time a robber comes to my sim's house they steal a 7,000 simoleon painting. Annoys me to no end.
  • bee1977bee1977 Posts: 613 Member
    Omg! These are too funny, but here is a doozey - it was one of my earlier games, my sim was sleeping when the creepy music started. She was a heavy sleeper, so of course she wouldn't wake up to call the cops. The burglar went into her room, and stole the bed that she was sleeping in WHILE she was in it! So not only did I get the "24-hr I've been robbed" moodlet, but I also got the "8-hr didn't have a good night's sleep" moodlet LMAO!
    Origin: BeeC1977
    Twitter: @Bee77
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Too funny....@bee1977 !!! :D
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    ARRensch wrote: »

Things that would sound crazy in real life.

The second household, first family I created consisted of a father (ironically had the lucky trait), a wife, and two twin toddlers.

A few days in there was a burglar. Not knowing the game well, I freaked and thought they would all die or something. Fortunately, the father had the brave trait, (although I never knew it would make a difference), and he fought off the burglar while I sent his wife to the children's room to call the police and keep them safe.

The guy tried to steal the TV and a teddy bear named Balloons. When he went for the teddy bear though, I thought he was going for the wife and children and was like, "Noooo!"

I did once put cheese on a shower floor and sausage links and more cheese in a pool in another game for pure fun and the repo man took it all. And a rug and a bed. But really?! The CHEESE???

Awesome reply! :smiley:

A teddy bear named balloons though? I had to laugh at that one ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg