Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Hurry Up" Legacy Challenge! Legacy challenge variety

AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
Imagine playing pinstars legacy challenge, except using the short lifespan instead of normal!
Well there's already a speed legacy challenge so here is the link: The Speed Legacy : forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/400493/
The rules are the same as the rule of legacy challenge made by pinstar except the one below! Any rules in the original rule that contradict the rule below is not applied.

So other rules are:
1. Set the lifespan to short instead of normal (no aging mod except if it makes it even shorter)

2. No birthday cake/party, you have to forget their birthday (making your sims sad how fast their lives have past)

3. You can't move out anybody, you have to wait for one of them to die (killing them is legal)

4. No age prolongation item is allowed, bodybuilder aspiration bonus traits is allowed

5. You can change aspiration whenever you want but the main aspiration is still the one that is scored. (the one that you chose in cas or age up menu)

6. No dragging anything to NanoCan Trash Can, you can still use it by having sims to throw the NanoCan Trashcan.

7. If the notification for a female sims that they are about to age up, (usually 2 days before aging up) she can't try for baby because it can prolong her life.

8. No pregnancy test, if you're not sure try again.

9. If they're still alive any heir should and can only be best friend with their grandson! (not tested this yet! I suppose when a sims are dead they will lose their best friend status)
I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
Post edited by AkramA on

Comments

• Nicarra60Nicarra60 Posts: 2,916 Member
    edited November 2014
    In Sims 3 - the same basic idea was called the Speed Legacy. Short lifespans, I think you had to have a female heir - so she could get pregnant without necessarily marrying the father. I forget the details but you should be able to find those rules if you want to compare.

Speed legacies were all the rage for a little. These might be too.

Found the original Speed Legacy rules
    My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    @Nicarra60: Thank you for finding the original, I'll edit to include that, but, man that original was crazy hard! :o

I think my rule is a lot different since you can't really edit the lifespan to that crazy low day just like the sims 3. Doing pinstar legacy rule in short lifespan is still doable for me as for now I'm trying it out, but I still manage to get my teen to get an A in school and finish the music aspiration, just before he died! The electricity is out twice though. :blush:
  • Nicarra60Nicarra60 Posts: 2,916 Member
    Well, what works for Sims 3 doesn't necessarily work for Sims 4. So I expect changes are needed. But I thought you might like to see the rules for the Speed Legacy. :D
    My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)
    Already saw it. Except the having to have both gender of heir and the optional age tweaking, it's pretty much the same.
  • KingCobblerKingCobbler Posts: 176 Member
    This sounds very cool. I might try it after I finish my own challenges/legacies. Not sure I'll be able to handle seeing all my Sims die off so quickly, though.
    This is My Try on It with
    https://hurryupthesims4.wordpress.com/
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I am going to try this. But I think you should retain the rule about having to have a boy and a girl each generation. I am going to use a birthday cake to celebrate the birthday but I won't use it to age anyone. I also think you should be able to move people out- but I will try not to.If you are trying to have both a boy and girl you might run out of space.

Anyway, just my thoughts and how I plan to play this challenge and see how it goes. I also don't understand rule 9 and why it is there so not doing that.

I have to go to work. I will post my founders later.
  • Sims4CoolAlbaSims4CoolAlba Posts: 2 New Member
    Can you get pregnant without the pregnancy test ???
  • lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member

Yes. The test just confirms or lets you know sooner. If you don't take it your sim can still be pregnant and just not know yet.
    edited October 2015

Yes but I do think taking the test lets you know sooner so it may take longer without it to get the results. I will be taking the test.

edited October 2015
    Here are my founders:
    Willow and Jay Payne- Willow is a witch and her traits are genius, cheerful and mean. Her husband Jay is a normal person..kind of and his traits are creative, cheerful and family oriented. He wants to be a Painter and Willow wants to be a Chief of Mischief. She plans to create mayhem wherever she goes and will delight in it. She also is looking forward to becoming a criminal.

vuEYq9n.png

This is their house. Called Spooky House by KessySims83
    djsJEJP.png

I can never stick with a 10 gen challenge so I am going to do this Speed Legacy but I will be playing mostly by the Sims 3 rules found here.

In Sims 3, you could alter the life span and these legacies were played in about 25 days depending on how long the elder lived. In Sims 4 you have 34 days give or take depending on how long the your elder life lasts.

In the Sims 3 version there was no set money amount so you could buy anything you could afford. I allowed my Sims a house and some starting cash but nothing else to kind of offset the day difference. However, you have to also take into account that in Sims 4 it is harder to get promoted in your job which also means less cash.

Edited to add: Other than the house, they will start off with 1800 simoleans (which is how much money you end up with in Pinstars legacy if you start with a single sim) to decorate the house to add some necessities. Normally, in a legacy challenge I would start with 0 money and earn the house but since this is going to be played on a Short age span I don't think I have time to earn the money so I am giving them a house but it is empty at the moment.

I am doing this solely for my own enjoyment and to relax so I didn't want to follow to many rules. Maybe others will want to join in or not. But anyway, I am going to try this. :)

Post edited by Glimmer50 on
  • JunoSimsJunoSims Posts: 74 Member
    This looks like a lot of fun! I'm dying to try it!
    294i51u.jpg