Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gift of Creation Game *Join the Fun*

Comments

• NagyGinaNagyGina Posts: 833 Member
    @LadyEmillye, Yayyyy, looking forward to another Wishlist for aLL to raid! :kissing_heart:

@EvaKouk, I changed your nomination, yayyyy to @WaterHornet for owning the Store, and I hope to see everyone joining the club too! :kissing_heart:
  • EvaKoukEvaKouk Posts: 340 Member
    EvaKouk wrote: »
    Hello and thank you to everyone that's keeping up the joy in this thread flowing around! :smiley:

@SjappielovePaul The ''Vanquish and MacFarlane'' household looks very unique and interesting, seems like you're a pretty awesome Sim-maker!

Have a great week everyone and happy simming and creating! <3

Well thank you very much, I've been practicing for about 13 years now, so glad it finally pays off ;)

Practice is the key to success! Btw do you have a creation wishlist in this thread? ;)

Hey! Don't be a stranger!

My Page - My Studio - My Massive Thank You Thread

All the love as always! x
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Hello and thank you to everyone that's keeping up the joy in this thread flowing around! :smiley:

@SjappielovePaul The ''Vanquish and MacFarlane'' household looks very unique and interesting, seems like you're a pretty awesome Sim-maker!

Have a great week everyone and happy simming and creating! <3

Well thank you very much, I've been practicing for about 13 years now, so glad it finally pays off ;)

Practice is the key to success! Btw do you have a creation wishlist in this thread? ;)

No, not at the moment. I'm quite content at the moment with my games :)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    @SjappielovePaul I shouldn't think you find much time to play these days?!!! :D
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • KarendraeKarendrae Posts: 232 Member
    This looks like a ton of fun! ^_^. I will have to read all the rules and stuff. I'm having trouble with my game right now and I'm waiting on a girlfriend to come give me a hand.
    @SjappielovePaul I shouldn't think you find much time to play these days?!!! :D

I'm afraid not indeed ;) we shall see
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    Karendrae wrote: »
    This looks like a ton of fun! ^_^. I will have to read all the rules and stuff. I'm having trouble with my game right now and I'm waiting on a girlfriend to come give me a hand.
    @Karendrae, I hope you are able to get your game aLL fixed up, so you can get back into the game we aLL love so much and join in the fun! :kissing_heart:

*crossing fingers & pigglies*
  • rionismynamerionismyname Posts: 1,154 Member
    edited September 2015
    first time didnt seem to work so trying again
    surprise.gif SURPRIZE!!!

Creator’s Username: @rionismyname
    Nominee's Username (you can nominate yourself): @shayleajay
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=shayleajay
    Item Title: Auspicious Accommodations remade
    Creation Wishlist Username & # of Item or Unofficial Wishlist Username: @NagyGina 2
    Exchange or Mediafire Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8760527
    Description: turned 49 Sulfer Springs Rd. Aurora Skies into a steampunk home. to me steampunk is kinda post apocoliptic, lots of metals, very ornate and well guarded hence the cannons lol 1 bedroom 1 bath small home
    Details: 1 bed room 1 bath I kept the same floorplan juust re did everything else
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? no
    Pictures or Link to Original Post (If in another thread):
    49%201.png
    49%203.png
    49%202.png

Hope I did everything right excluding the one part I dont know about (nominate thing)
    Post edited by rionismyname on
    I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm a reader not a writer sorry for bad penmanship
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • gnlovewgnlovew Posts: 900 Member
    Holy cow @rionismyname!!!! Your steampunk place is AMAZING!!! :):) I love it! :smiley:
    @gnlovew thank you so much!!! I think its my best build so far this year I ha some good ones last year but didnt put them on the exchange then the beginning of this year had a virus and lost them all :(
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • gnlovewgnlovew Posts: 900 Member
    @rionismyname, not liking the virus and loss :cry: , just didn't know which of the many buttons to push to show that I saw your post! :confused: Where did "zagadoo" go? Although I never was quite sure what that was supposed to mean. :astonished: I understand, I've also learned to upload stuff that I want to keep! :smiley: You did a really great job!
    @gnlovew thank you so much!!! I think its my best build so far this year I ha some good ones last year but didnt put them on the exchange then the beginning of this year had a virus and lost them all :(

I like this build very much too!!

Also I know that feeling, I had made a school project in the Sims and a few weeks after we got our grade (my Sims build got us some bonus points and I was very proud of the build) for some reason all my save games were gone :( with some of the best games I ever had. Oh well, gotta live on, but deep inside it did hurt ;)
    pkJ66Kv.png
    gnlovew wrote: »
    @rionismyname, not liking the virus and loss :cry: , just didn't know which of the many buttons to push to show that I saw your post! :confused: Where did "zagadoo" go? Although I never was quite sure what that was supposed to mean. :astonished: I understand, I've also learned to upload stuff that I want to keep! :smiley: You did a really great job!

I've heard zagadoo was simlish for dissagree and that they changed it back to dissagree to clear confusion. Thanks again!! :)

I like this build very much too!!

Also I know that feeling, I had made a school project in the Sims and a few weeks after we got our grade (my Sims build got us some bonus points and I was very proud of the build) for some reason all my save games were gone :( with some of the best games I ever had. Oh well, gotta live on, but deep inside it did hurt ;)

its a sad thing huh we get so attached to our simmies dont we
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
    @rionismyname yup it sure is ;)
    pkJ66Kv.png
    first time didnt seem to work so trying again
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y133/koifish/smilies/surprise.gif SURPRIZE!!!

Creator’s Username: @rionismyname
    Nominee's Username (you can nominate yourself): nminating for what?
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site:
    Item Title: Auspicious Accommodations remade
    Creation Wishlist Username & # of Item or Unofficial Wishlist Username: @NagyGina 2
    Exchange or Mediafire Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8760527
    Description: turned 49 Sulfer Springs Rd. Aurora Skies into a steampunk home. to me steampunk is kinda post apocoliptic, lots of metals, very ornate and well guarded hence the cannons lol 1 bedroom 1 bath small home
    Details: 1 bed room 1 bath I kept the same floorplan juust re did everything else
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? no
    Pictures or Link to Original Post (If in another thread):
    http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x7/Rion1579/49 1.png
    http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x7/Rion1579/49 3.png
    http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x7/Rion1579/49 2.pngAuspicious

Hope I did everything right excluding the one part I dont know about (nominate thing)
    @rionismyname, words cannot express how much I am touched by this awemazing build! <3 I am speechless! :astonished: It is quite awemazing how you incorporated the steampunk theme into Auspicious Accomodations! I so :love::love::love: it!!! Thank you so much for granting one of my wishes! And sharing it with us aLL! :mrgreen: I have rec'd, fav'd, saved, & cannot wait to place it in game! :kissing_heart:

As for the nomination, it is for the lotto prize drawing, and even though you own the entire store, you can still give your nominee/s after the drawing, because if you win BIG, ya might want to spread it around. Again thank you so much! My awemazing day turned out to be even so much more awemazing than I ever expected! Big Big Big Pixel Hugs! <3
    @NagyGina I'm so happy you like it :smiley: am I to late to nominate someone? if not I'd like to nominate @shayleajay I can edit the other post if need be
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
    Ok! I thought I finally understood what's going on here, but forgive me if I'm wrong =P. I can build a computer from scratch...but it took me three hours to figure out how to connect to the internet! I'm kind of slow sometimes =P, I'm catching on.

I think this is absolutely amazing. Making things for people. I thought if I was going to ask for something it is definitely going to have to be...Disney Themed. My daughters are named Aurora, Ariel, and Jasmine (although oddly enough they aren't actually named after Disney ;) ). I of course also adore Belle (My favorite), and all the others.

Creation Wishlist (Informal) Form -

Title or Theme: Disney Themed Venues, Homes, and Sims
    EPs:All of Them
    SPs: All of Them
    EA Sims 3 Worlds: Dragon Valley, Midnight Hollow, Riverview, Monte Vista, Hidden Springs, Roaring Heights, Barnacle Bay.
    EA Sims 3 Store Content: Almost nothing, sorry. Just discovered the forums and just starting. Thanks to you guys I now have most of the Make a Wish Compilation and a few other things <3. Thanks!
    Origin Exclusives: I have no idea how to even check o.o
    Bundle Exclusives: Same with this o.o
    Special Requests/Instructions: Only, I suppose, that it stays close to the real thing as possible. Not an easy task!
    Creation Wishlist Wants: 1. Beauty and the Beasts Castle 2. Rapunzel's Tower 3. Classic Disney Castle. 4. Sims: Belle, Beast 5. Sims: Rapunzel, Flynn 5. Anything else! ^_^

Hope that makes sense!
  • AMofOzAMofOz Posts: 856 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    You've created a great venue with loads of style and lots of possibilities; but, as you've asked :)

Some of the little things I like to do to add appeal to my builds includes:
    • Add ceilings - you can use either the 'ceiling' tiles or any floor tile depending on the look you're after. If you tilt the camera back in build/buy mode you can use CASt to paint the ceiling with any colour or style you like. Apart from completing the look of a room, the main reason I add ceilings is that it stops the sky showing through when you take photos.
    • Use the different terrain paints and plants in build mode to add realism to the landscape - this was the probably the most important advice I took when I was learning to build. These are the landscaping tips from the DD Builders thread:
      • Put a spot of dirt under trees and bushes for example, makes it much more realistic. Play with the brush size and softness.
      • Put mulch under flower beds and surround with fencing boarders.
      • Use the flower terrain paints (softly) all over.
      • Use rock terrain paints on the edges of ponds (softly, and unevenly).
      • Use the pond bottom paint in streams and ponds.
      • Use the weeds and ranch weeds under water (MOO).
      • Use cattails, bulrushes, and similar plants clustered along water edges. Place a lot and pick the sizes you want (most plants/trees/flowers in the game come in varying sizes for more realism; just delete all the extras when you get the sizes you want). I use this a lot for bulrushes - I love them, but they are HUGE. I get the smallest ones I can in cramped spaces or near buildings.
      • Use MOO to place plants together more realistically.
      • Layer - taller/bigger bushes toward the back, smaller/shorter forward.
      • In flower gardens (or anywhere really) use ferns or swiss-cheese plants as filler between flowers and bushes. Can really make a garden more realistic and fuller, more finished.
      • Layer/group rocks, especially around water edges. Use MOO.
      • A riot of colours may be awesome in some cases, but most the time I'd stick with just a few. Like I'll use all blues and purples and whites, maybe. Or contrasting.
      • Use bushes - like the buckthorn - to avoid overdoing it on the flowers and flowering bushes.
      • Use smaller trees as part of gardens even when you don't have room for/don't want bigger trees.
      • Use theme-appropriate flora where called for.
      • Use path lights or other lighting to enhance.
      • Hide lights in foliage to spotlight statuary or other points of interest. Recolor the light green to hide it better.
      • Use statuary! Fountains! Flower stands! Benches!
      • Use terrain paints as pathways.
      • Use ferns under trees.
      • Use heather! LOVE THIS! Groundcover perfection.

In general, take inspiration from what you see around you (a Greek Taverna? Perhaps I will add that to my wishlist ;)) or check out the building competitions and challenges on the forums and pick just a couple of the tips from the help threads and try them out in a new build. Be ambitious but don't set too difficult a challenge to start with :)

Lots of awesome info, Ajax! Thanks so much!
    -Ann Maree (AM for short)
    Feel free to add me on The Sims 3 MyPage.
    I now own the store! (apart from avatars and badges)
    Ok! I thought I finally understood what's going on here, but forgive me if I'm wrong =P. I can build a computer from scratch...but it took me three hours to figure out how to connect to the internet! I'm kind of slow sometimes =P, I'm catching on.

I think this is absolutely amazing. Making things for people. I thought if I was going to ask for something it is definitely going to have to be...Disney Themed. My daughters are named Aurora, Ariel, and Jasmine (although oddly enough they aren't actually named after Disney ;) ). I of course also adore Belle (My favorite), and all the others.

EA Sims 3 Worlds: Dragon Valley, Midnight Hollow, Riverview, Monte Vista, Hidden Springs, Roaring Heights, Barnacle Bay.
    EA Sims 3 Store Content: Almost nothing, sorry. Just discovered the forums and just starting. Thanks to you guys I now have most of the Make a Wish Compilation and a few other things <3. Thanks!
    Special Requests/Instructions: Only, I suppose, that it stays close to the real thing as possible. Not an easy task!
    Creation Wishlist Wants: 1. Beauty and the Beasts Castle 2. Rapunzel's Tower 3. Classic Disney Castle. 4. Sims: Belle, Beast 5. Sims: Rapunzel, Flynn 5. Anything else! ^_^

Hope that makes sense!

Awh can I make you tinkerbell?! I'd love to try that :smiley:
    pkJ66Kv.png

Hope that makes sense!

That would be awesome! ^_^!!!
    Another Awemazing Simmer's Creation Wishlist to Raid! :mrgreen:

Hope that makes sense!
    @Karendrae, thank you so much for posting another Creation Wishlist for everyone to raid! I am so glad that you picked Disney stuffs, because I want to have an aLL Disney World too! Hmmm... does your Super World have a Disney section? :kissing_heart:

Hope that makes sense!

That would be awesome! ^_^!!!

Yay, I really love it, it will be such great fun to try :)
    pkJ66Kv.png
    @NagyGina I'm so happy you like it :smiley: am I to late to nominate someone? if not I'd like to nominate @shayleajay I can edit the other post if need be
    @rionismyname, I have to do volunteer work for a bit, but I will update your nomination as soon as I return, and if you could add that to the OP, I would so appreciate that too, in case absent-minded me forgets! Thank you again so so so much! :kissing_heart:
  • mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    AMofOz wrote: »
    ajaxpost wrote: »

Some of the little things I like to do to add appeal to my builds includes: (LIST)

Lots of awesome info, Ajax! Thanks so much!

@ajaxpost Happened to see this whilst I was lurking. Not sure if the tag inside the quote thing is working ... :#

@rionismyname Love your Steampunk build. B)
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
    NagyGina wrote: »
    Another Awemazing Simmer's Creation Wishlist to Raid! :mrgreen:

Hope that makes sense!
    @Karendrae, thank you so much for posting another Creation Wishlist for everyone to raid! I am so glad that you picked Disney stuffs, because I want to have an aLL Disney World too! Hmmm... does your Super World have a Disney section? :kissing_heart:

It does! Haha! It has Disneyland! It's not built yet though. For some reason, I am NOT good at making Disney stuff. Who knows why!