Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gift of Creation Game *Join the Fun*

Comments

• Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    @WaterHornet , are the 2 sets you need in any of the compilations? Could be that you could download them for free by clicking on the compilation if the machine says you have it all. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
  • Options
    WaterHornetWaterHornet Posts: 352 Member
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    @WaterHornet , are the 2 sets you need in any of the compilations? Could be that you could download them for free by clicking on the compilation if the machine says you have it all. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Nope. They're out there, all alone and on their own. The one set is coming up in the next few days so that'll be one off the list. And after that it's, I don't know, about 4 days until the next one rolls onto the Daily Deal so I'm almost there! I've gotten much more than I ever could have dreamed of from the gifting community and it's time for them (and me!) to focus on new players or people coming back from The Sims 4.
    It's now quite important that I try to save my points as much as I can since I've committed to sponsoring a new lottery that can be found here. I urge all active players who are in need of Store items to join up! It's great fun, easy, and you get the chance to win some really HUGE prizes from whole sets to WHOLE WORLDS. Drawings are daily too so there's always something exciting happening :D Hope to see you there and good luck! If you win I might just have the pleasure of gifting you something spectacular.
  • Options
    mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Thanks @MariTomKaulitZ looking forward to seeing the kitten again. B)

@jg2342ar I'd still like to see your kitten, could you call it Cyril? Yes folks, I know I want a female, but I can't control people in real-life, and they called Lady's sister Cyril, so ... :o
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    NagyGinaNagyGina Posts: 833 Member
    Hiya Everyone! I fell off the grid again... A lot of changes happening in my life, mostly good! :blush: And the SimCareLine has to get back to its fabulously fun gifting frenzy. >:) For I am behind on the gifts (namely the prizes). As for @WhimsicalWind 's (now belated) Birthday Mystery Prizes, I have 2 winners, but I need a 3rd, before I can send out the surprises... therefore I am going to try and send out PMs to aLL of you awesome SCL Gifters to let you know the criteria for the 3rd person (I hope you aLL will keep that secret until the surprises are unveiled :open_mouth:)

@anettesb, I began two weeks ago to get aLL your recs out, I got a little side-tracked, but I am almost done. I kept getting lost in studios, as I went through! Hopefully, I will be able to finish them up sometime this week. :kissing_heart:

@jg2342ar, we aLL look forward to your creations! :kissing_heart:

@mothersuperior2, thank you for that info on ST, I was unable to take advantage of it this time, but since I am trying to get my desktop working again, I have lots of stuff to get done to run all my Sims games again. :kissing_heart:
    EvaKouk wrote: »
    And finally @NagyGina would it be okay to post a creation here for someone who doesnt have a creation wishlist posted here/isnt part of the thread but did actually make a thread asking for someone to make the build for them?

Hope everyone's having a great weekend! :*
    @EvaKouk, you are more than welcome to post a gift creation for something requested outside of this thread, and I can also add a link to their thread in the Creation Wishlists' post. :kissing_heart:

@MariTomKaulitZ, your kitten is so adorable! Looking forward to be able to get her in my game! :kissing_heart:
    @NagyGina this is why I should go through my notifications when I see them. I skipped it yesterday to mindlessly farm while Netflix and YouTube played all my science stuff I watch nearly constantly. Then, I log on today and my notifications grew exponentially. It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out where I knew it last ended, then, working up, I kept losing my spot and the process started all over again. I wish The Store was easier if only for people with memory problems like me; well, everyone actually. I suspect people who have a great memory would benefit greatly too! As for my Wishlist, I'm only two sets away from owning everything. The Make Me An Offer machine says I own it all but it's inaccurate. I'm just waiting for those last two things to roll onto the Daily Deal so I can save as many SimPoints as possible; one I will get for free thanks to CYS and the other is a venue and a SimPoint saved is a SimPoint earned. So soon I will own it all legitimately! :D
    soocoolsim wrote: »

Nope. They're out there, all alone and on their own. The one set is coming up in the next few days so that'll be one off the list. And after that it's, I don't know, about 4 days until the next one rolls onto the Daily Deal so I'm almost there! I've gotten much more than I ever could have dreamed of from the gifting community and it's time for them (and me!) to focus on new players or people coming back from The Sims 4.
    It's now quite important that I try to save my points as much as I can since I've committed to sponsoring a new lottery that can be found here. I urge all active players who are in need of Store items to join up! It's great fun, easy, and you get the chance to win some really HUGE prizes from whole sets to WHOLE WORLDS. Drawings are daily too so there's always something exciting happening :D Hope to see you there and good luck! If you win I might just have the pleasure of gifting you something spectacular.
    @WaterHornet, I have a different kind of memory issue, but I am scatterbrained by default (Haha :p). Congrats on almost owning the Whole Store! And as for @Reachsims Once a Day Lottery, it tis awemazingly fun for everyone! :smiley: I bet more and more entrants will end up on the Sponsoring side with aLL those prizes given daily! ;):kissing_heart:

Have lots of fun Creating, and I so look forward to aLL your sharing! :kissing_heart:

Peace, Good Vibes & Big Pixel Hugs! <3
  • Options
    SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    Back here! :yum: For over two months I've been only lurking in the shadows and forgotten all the smileys (but now found a new favourite) and finally I have all the three needed things in line, the time, the energy and something to say.

So much have happened in this time! I got my job done with the Medieval festivals, with only a little burnout the day before the festivals, I moved in with my bf to our capital Helsinki (though I said I never would) and started studies at an Uni of Applied Sciences. Why I now have time is that as the second week of school began, I woke up sick and I'm still at home :tongue: I just couldn't resist anymore after my sister linked me building tips and yesterday I saw new building competitions and I'm nearly installing the games again! Or not yet, unfortunately I still won't be able to play for a while, but after this post I start rebooting my this new laptop and then it finally (hopefully) will be ready for some serious Sims time action :smirk: It will be a huge job to install everything back...

And I have been gifted with a new family and a house to start my new game by two wonderfull simmers, @Heledriel and @ajaxpost! :heart: So sweet of you two to do such a thing :love: Ajaxpost, I couldn't find you on the Store? I'll get back to you after I get them in my game :yum:

And now that I'm already back in the posting, I need to ask something rather tricky. I have had a self-attaching CC in my uploaded families in my old laptop. I still like them and don't mind having problematic CC in my own game, but if I now have two game files on this new laptop, one CC free for uploading stuff and one for making my stories, does the corrupted CC sort of jump to the CC free files, maybe when using the Launcher? Did anyone get what I was after? :D
  • Options
    @Silvakristiina, welcome back! Big hugs! <3 The self attaching CC problem can be a bit tricky, but if your game saves are in the same folder, then it will keep reoccurring. You can interchange folders (one that has CC, one that does not). Just take out your Sims 3 folder (place it on the desktop or another drive - rename it CC something temporarily), start up a fresh game (it will generate a new Sims 3 folder) and when you wish to switch back, you can place the CC free folder on the desktop, or wherever you wish to place it (rename it to CC free or something that will help you remember), and move back in your folder that has CC, renaming it back to Sims 3. Make sure that you always delete your cache files before starting up in game, to save from corruptions and for it to recognize any mods, cc, etc. that you might have. I hope this helps, and I hope I worded it correctly. I know @ciane would be able to give you better help here. ;)
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @Silvakristiina, yes, the cc can attach itself to anything you upload if it's "sticky" cc. You might not use it and it will still attach itself if it has a dccache file with it and/or a dcbackup file.

I find it easiest to only use package versions of cc that go in the mods folder (which can easily be taken out and put in).

When you use the launcher to install cc, it is never deleted. It is still there, just hidden, like deleting a file on your computer. It merely replaces the first letter of the file so the address is not retrievable. Does that make sense?

You can delete the files in the dcbackup folder (but not the ccmerged file!) and you CAN delete dccache files manually by going into the dccache folder (but then you lose all the installed stuff in the file with it).

So, as NagyGina says, it's best to have a cc game and a non-cc game and simply rename the sims 3 folder before you load you game.
  • Options
    EvaKoukEvaKouk Posts: 340 Member
    edited September 2015
    Hello everyone! Thanks @NagyGina for letting me to post the creation here although the person isnt a part of this thread. However with this post they will be invited to join in!

Creator’s Username: @EvaKouk

Nominee's Username (you can nominate yourself): @JohnnyQFrinkles

Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site: store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=JohnnyQFrinkles

Item Title: ''Run-down Orphanage''

Creation Wishlist Username & # of Item or Unofficial Wishlist Username: @JohnnyQFrinkles ,their Wish can be found here: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/852611/help-with-a-build-for-a-group-home#latest

Exchange or Mediafire Link: thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8747479#

Description: As requested, this build is meant for an orphanage where 1 caretaker and 7 children of all ages will live. It is big and therefore costs more than 100.000$ but it can easily used for a big family house.

Details: The build consists of one living room, one studio with own kitchen,dining- sit area and a bath for the caretaker, one office, one study room, one kitchen and dining area, one WC and a second level with two bedrooms( 1 girls, 1 boys bedroom) , 1 bathroom, 1 balcony and one outside sit area with a swing for the kids.

Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? : No. Hopefully everything will be working correctly, I playtested.

Pictures or Link to Original Post (If in another thread): Exterior Screenshot-2093_zpswtcvqiay.jpg
    Bedrooms: Screenshot-2090_zpsyzonpnvv.jpg
    Study Room: Screenshot-2091_zps8n2ztn9k.jpg

There may be tiny changes in the final build than the pictures (the location of the parking spot is changed and the location of some lights too).

@JohnnyQFrinkles You are more than welcome to post a full creation wishlist with things you would like to have made for you and @NagyGina will hopefully add it in the directory. You can find all the info on how this thread works on the first page, everything is explained perfectly.

Good day/night to everyone! :smiley:

(Edited to fix a link)
    Hey! Don't be a stranger!

My Page - My Studio - My Massive Thank You Thread

All the love as always! x
  • Options
    rionismynamerionismyname Posts: 1,154 Member
    edited September 2015
    @EvaKouk is there a room for the adult to ssleep? I might have missed that
    edited to add whats a WC?
    I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm a reader not a writer sorry for bad penmanship
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Water Closet ... wash room... lavatory... bath.
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    Water Closet ... wash room... lavatory... bath.

ahh ok i see thanks @ciane
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options

Hello @rionismyname Yes, on the first floor there is a big room for the adult with bedroom,kitchen,bath and sitting area thats what i meant with studio (sorry for the wrong term, thought you used that too)

A WC is as @ciane said a toilets room. Like it has toilets and sinks but not showers or bathtubs thats the difference with bathroom.

Thanks for the interest! :)

• Options
    I really thought I updated this, ooopsi! (I must be dream posting again >:)). Gonna get some foodage in me and come back to update...

Peace, Good Vibes & Big Pixel Hugs Everyone! <3
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Hello everyone! Thanks @NagyGina for letting me to post the creation here although the person isnt a part of this thread. However with this post they will be invited to join in!

Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site: store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=JohnnyQFrinkles

Creation Wishlist Username & # of Item or Unofficial Wishlist Username: @JohnnyQFrinkles ,their Wish can be found here: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/852611/help-with-a-build-for-a-group-home#latest

Exchange or Mediafire Link: thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8747479#

Description: As requested, this build is meant for an orphanage where 1 caretaker and 7 children of all ages will live. It is big and therefore costs more than 100.000$ but it can easily used for a big family house.

Details: The build consists of one living room, one studio with own kitchen,dining- sit area and a bath for the caretaker, one office, one study room, one kitchen and dining area, one WC and a second level with two bedrooms( 1 girls, 1 boys bedroom) , 1 bathroom, 1 balcony and one outside sit area with a swing for the kids.

Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? : No. Hopefully everything will be working correctly, I playtested.

Pictures or Link to Original Post (If in another thread): Exterior http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q640/EvaKouk/Screenshot-2093_zpswtcvqiay.jpg
    Bedrooms: http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q640/EvaKouk/Screenshot-2090_zpsyzonpnvv.jpg
    Study Room: http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q640/EvaKouk/Screenshot-2091_zps8n2ztn9k.jpg

There may be tiny changes in the final build than the pictures (the location of the parking spot is changed and the location of some lights too).

@JohnnyQFrinkles You are more than welcome to post a full creation wishlist with things you would like to have made for you and @NagyGina will hopefully add it in the directory. You can find all the info on how this thread works on the first page, everything is explained perfectly.

Good day/night to everyone! :smiley:

(Edited to fix a link)
    @EvaKouk, I :love: your exterior color choices (although, I am completely biased where purple and green are used ;)). Thank you for granting @JohnnyQFrinkles wish and sharing it with aLL of us! :) I have rec'd, fav'd & saved! :kissing_heart:

@JohnnyQFrinkles, I have placed your Wish thread on the front page in the Creation Wishlists Section, if you wish to add more wishes to that, everyone can see them. Feel free to add in another Wishlist here too for everyone to raid! ;) We aLL hope that you will also stop in here and join in the fun too! :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    WissaWolf wrote: »
    The Questions.

1. Which games do you have? All, but only World Adventures installed at the moment to save up disc space.
    2. What store content do you own? The chickens and voodoo doll set. The whine-o em-o hair..
    3. Which worlds do you own? Which is your favourite? None are installed right now, but I will change this when I add some to my game! I do have a custom world based off the one in GTA5.
    4. CC, yes or no? The more, the merrier.. [Unless it's glitched..]
    5. What's on your Unofficial Wishlist? Now for this? I dunno if it's possible, but I'd love it if someone made me family poses, preferably toddlers interacting with each other or rocker/emo/punk/goth CC. If not that, a good starter home on a big lot [for expansion on further family members] would be nice, especially if it was themed for the world it was to be put in. I don't care for sims others have made, because I always love making my own. Now here's another thought.. patterns.. That would be nice. Well, scratch the no sim thing. If you make my simself, I will be yours forever! Just use CC hair and skin, please. I don't like the vanilla hair.
    6. Favourite Colours? silver, baby blue, white, and black
    7. Dislikes? sims based off celebrities, puddings or basic faced sims, men with metrosexual hair [It was cute, but now I am tired of it.. I suppose most of this doesn't matter, since I don't really want any sims.]
    Another UWL for aLL to raid, for those of you who have held back granting wishes, because you use CC, this one would love that!

@WissaWolf, may aLL your Wishes be granted! :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    And thank you also to @Shymamii for including your entry form for your Farmhouse! :) I noticed that you had done that on my birthday (and that was 2 days after), but I just now have added you (again I thought I updated)... :kissing_heart:

I definitely have to stop updating while I am sleeping, for I get confused what I dreamt and what I actually updated hehe :p

Anywho, I think the updates are aLL done, and I have to check on the other things I still have to do, and give out lotsa gifts too!

Peace, Good Vibes & Big Pixel Hugs! <3
  • Options
    pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    I'm really sorry @mothersuperior2, but I just couldn't find a way to add more white to her neck. After some googling, I found out that many people have the same problem - EA didn't give us a way to move markings onto the pets' neck/chest/belly :( I did, however, add a white tip to her tail and made her nose as pink as possible! I hope you still like her this way :blush:

And thank you @FoxyLovesKitty, @MysticOstrich08 and @NagyGina! I'm glad you guys like her :)

Creator’s Username: @MariTomKaulitZ
    Nominee's Username (you can nominate yourself): @MariTomKaulitZ
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site: MariTomKaulitZ
    Item Title: Lady
    Creation Wishlist Username & # of Item or Unofficial Wishlist Username: @mothersuperior2, #1
    Exchange or Mediafire Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8752694
    Description: This little feline is called Lady, and her traits are hunter, playful and friendly.
    Details: Just a little note: she won't show up under the 'cat' sorting in the bin, because that one only shows adults and elders.
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used?: No!
    Pictures or Link to Original Post (If in another thread):

2ilh84z.jpg

mrd2mo.jpg
  • Options
    FoxyLovesKittyFoxyLovesKitty Posts: 889 Member
  • Options

Hello @rionismyname Yes, on the first floor there is a big room for the adult with bedroom,kitchen,bath and sitting area thats what i meant with studio (sorry for the wrong term, thought you used that too)

A WC is as @ciane said a toilets room. Like it has toilets and sinks but not showers or bathtubs thats the difference with bathroom.

Thanks for the interest! :)

oh lol yup we use studio here just it means more than one thing and I wasnt thinking if I had been I would have first thought what would a studio be doing there studio as in recording place not appartment and then it would have dawned on my that it was studio as in appartment I lol at myself alot and am now lol
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Don't be sorry, @MariTomKaulitZ, the kitten is adorable. I'm sure a flashy collar will disguise the fact that EA hasn't put this right! That's if kittens are allowed collars! :)

I wanted to give you a present for taking the time and making the effort, and I just won a prize in a contest, so would like you to have it. Please go to the Flip contest, and let them know what you'd like. B)

Hope someone else can link it for me, can't use my laptop keyboard, so will be on tablet for next 2wks. Thanks. :#
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I'm really sorry @mothersuperior2, but I just couldn't find a way to add more white to her neck. After some googling, I found out that many people have the same problem - EA didn't give us a way to move markings onto the pets' neck/chest/belly :( I did, however, add a white tip to her tail and made her nose as pink as possible! I hope you still like her this way :blush:

And thank you @FoxyLovesKitty, @MysticOstrich08 and @NagyGina! I'm glad you guys like her :)

Nominee's Username (you can nominate yourself): @MariTomKaulitZ
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site: MariTomKaulitZ
    Creation Wishlist Username & # of Item or Unofficial Wishlist Username: @mothersuperior2, #1
    Exchange or Mediafire Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8752694
    Description: This little feline is called Lady, and her traits are hunter, playful and friendly.
    Details: Just a little note: she won't show up under the 'cat' sorting in the bin, because that one only shows adults and elders.
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used?: No!
    Pictures or Link to Original Post (If in another thread):

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2ilh84z.jpg
    http://oi61.tinypic.com/mrd2mo.jpg
    @MariTomKaulitZ, Lady is super adorable! :smiley: I cannot wait to see how she will be in game with Shippo (will they get along? or will it be a canine/feline frenzy? >:)) Thank you for sharing your creation with @mothersuperior2 & aLL of us! <3 I have rec'd, fav'd & saved! :kissing_heart:

As for the neck, I understand what you mean, I had such difficulties with Shippo's neck and his underbelly (although it was not any markings), EA falls short in the way CAS can alter pets to look just the way we like. Too bad that CC lags the game too much. :/

@mothersuperior2 & MariTomKaulitz, your post in the Property Flip thread can be found here. :D & that is an awemazing way to show your appreciation too! :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    MysticOstrich08MysticOstrich08 Posts: 701 Member
    Oh my @MariTomKaulitZ, Lady is gorgeous! I've given her a rec <3
    tROiX0l.gif

My Threads

My Creation Thread
  • Options
    pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    Thank you so much, everyone, and of course @mothersuperior2 for being so kind to give me your prize! I'm glad you guys like her :blush:
    Giving her a nice collar sounds like a perfect idea!

I hope Lady and Shippo will get along @NagyGina! ;) Yes - sometimes it's just really hard to recreate pets, because of the limitations EA has given us :/
  • Options
    Hello everyonee! Just catching up with everything...

@rionismyname No problem, i understood eventually the other use of studio (as in recording). I still have to work on making better descriptions of the builds i make!

@NagyGina Thank you very much Mya for your kind words, i really appreciate it! Truth is many ideas for this build were taken from a tv series i used to watch featuring children living in an orphanage so yeah i just had to find the correct pattern and recolor it to these very unique tones of pink and green...I hope it's not too much colour for some though.

Thanks again for all the nice comments, certainly means a lot!

@MariTomKaulitZ Lady is really really pretty , i think one of the few pets i've seen and truly admired how they're made! Rec'd and fave'd!

• Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Back here! :yum: For over two months I've been only lurking in the shadows and forgotten all the smileys (but now found a new favourite) and finally I have all the three needed things in line, the time, the energy and something to say.

So much have happened in this time! I got my job done with the Medieval festivals, with only a little burnout the day before the festivals, I moved in with my bf to our capital Helsinki (though I said I never would) and started studies at an Uni of Applied Sciences. Why I now have time is that as the second week of school began, I woke up sick and I'm still at home :tongue: I just couldn't resist anymore after my sister linked me building tips and yesterday I saw new building competitions and I'm nearly installing the games again! Or not yet, unfortunately I still won't be able to play for a while, but after this post I start rebooting my this new laptop and then it finally (hopefully) will be ready for some serious Sims time action :smirk: It will be a huge job to install everything back...

And I have been gifted with a new family and a house to start my new game by two wonderfull simmers, @Heledriel and @ajaxpost! :heart: So sweet of you two to do such a thing :love: Ajaxpost, I couldn't find you on the Store? I'll get back to you after I get them in my game :yum:
    Hi @Silvakristiina good to see you back, and delighted to hear your good news about the festival, moving in with the boyfriend, and starting your uni course ... though sad that you were sick but hope that your new laptop is soon ready to play TS3.

It is absolutely my pleasure to create the medieval home, it was such a fun thing to do, and I hope your Sims will enjoy living in it. Don't worry about finding me on the old Store site ... I am a member of the "Own The Store" club and knowing that someone likes my creation is reward enough :)

Great work @EvaKouk, love the bold colours and, as usual, the thoughtful arrangement of rooms and features.

Great looking cat! I always think the default EA cats just don't look right - their faces seem too flat but Lady really looks so much more realistic; and great colouring. :)