Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BUILD ME

Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
UeJiXCD.jpg

WELCOME TO BUILD ME !
A Fun and straightforward building competition for all the builders out there
Every challenge will have a picture - and you build a Sims4 replica
Told ya, fun and easy !
What does the winner get?

1. A siggie off course
2. Maxis nomination

Judges:
Will be announced

Comments

• Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    edited October 2015
    YSeZOzr.jpg

BRIEF:Spooky Stuff (Supporting the new pack - but even if you do not have it - you can still use the normal building tools - HAVE FUN !!

Rules: It has to be a Sims4 version at least from what we can see on the picture.
    Gardening/Landscaping: Yes please, your own spin on it
    Lot Size: any 40x30 or smaller
    Bedrooms: 2 +
    Bathrooms: 1
    Living room: 1
    Kitchen: 1
    Dining Room: 1
    Other rooms: Study optional
    Budget: $40 000 (When uploaded to the gallery - not higher)
    Paints and colors: U decide on your own textures and colors for walls etc It does not have to be the same as the picture
    Other info: Have fun with the build and be creative
    Hashtag: Please save your build under : #buildme04
    Pictures: Front, back and at least 3 pictures inside please
    Start and End dates 03 October - 10 October (Midnight South African time)

ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE 3

Name of build:
    Forum ID:
    Origin ID:
    Cost of uploaded build:
    Gallery link:
    Space for pictures:
    dgHBIbz.jpg

BRIEF: Suburban

Rules: It has to be a Sims4 version at least from what we can see on the picture.
    Lot Size: any 40x30 or smaller
    Bedrooms: 3
    Bathrooms: 2
    Livingroom: 1
    Other rooms: Study optional
    Budget: $85000 (When uploaded to the gallery - not higher)
    Paints and colors: U decide on your own textures and colors for walls etc It does not have to be the same as the picture
    Hashtag: Please save your build under : #buildme02
    Start and End dates 17 September - 24 September (Midnight South African time)

ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE 2

Name of build:
    Forum ID:
    Origin ID:
    Cost of uploaded build:
    Gallery link:
    Space for pictures:
    2eXALzT.jpg

BRIEF: Cottage Classic

Lot Size: 20x15
    Bedrooms: 2
    Bathrooms: 1.5
    Livingroom: 1
    Other rooms: Up to you
    Budget: Feeling generous - $70 000 (When uploaded to the gallery - not higher)
    Paints and colors: U decide on your own textures and colors for walls etc It does not have to be the same as teh picture
    Hashtag: Please save your build under : #buildme01
    Start and End dates 10 September - 17 September (Midnight South African time)

ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE 1

Name of build:
    Forum ID:
    Origin ID:
    Cost of uploaded build:
    Gallery link:
    Space for pictures:

Post edited by Zita1966z on
    edited October 2015
    CHALLENGE 3 RESULTS:
    CONGRATULATIONS @PoppieGirl you are the winner, congratulations also to all the other entries for doing a great job! Here is your siggie :)
    p6nQiou.jpg
    ZXSBxVw.jpg
    CHALLENGE 2 RESULTS:
    CONGRATULATIONS @Emmp you are the winner, congratulations also to all the other entries for doing a great job!
    Here is your siggie
    rlxDtao.jpg
    IRGrbTG.jpg
    CHALLENGE 1 RESULTS:
    CONGRATULATIONS @Ginzu19 you are the winner, congratulations @pronterus and @Breemiles for placing :)
    Hearty congrats 2 all the entries - you all did an amazing job ! @Ginzu19 :)
    ufbQRVs.jpg
    1SeY1lC.jpg
  • mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    OOOH this looks like fun! So we just jump in with Challenge 1?
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    Thank you @Zita1966z for pointing this one out to me. Sounds like fun. Love to get inspiration for pics from time to time also myself. Nice to fill in the blanks you can't see. I'll go and have a look at specific specs for the comp later today :)
    edited September 2015
    Supporting all builders. A new comp for you to try out :) Everybody welcome :)

Challenge 1 is already posted for those interested :)

@amberthezombie @gothkittymimi @leotrixy @Cbear13 @Bob89 @dollarbill88 @thegreenlion @flubber32c4 @RyeCris16 @SpecterCody @InaMac69 @Ash072 @Nejioranaid @yanti68 @Sid1701D9 @Cassee @BryoneRae @Don_Oello @kameliaxxx @camarossz28888 @jimmysnan @jol1990 @lumysims2000 @masajo @XLiveleX @Ginzu19 @YumYumCoffee @folala @marcel21 @bilalsaid @Kojik @Rutsimania @EuphorialQueen @Moodbeamy @jafhsdf @hattys @Joolster @lescott0127 @oblivion627 @kamb1403 @SilverDaybreak @Dragon1235 @Brennachan @PeterTheSims3 @Kreatora @pelayodsovb6 @elanorbreton @BreeMiles @Judiland @Thetford @Castiel @ChubbyChuck @StrangeGirlSimmer @Carewren123 @sashraf
    OOOH this looks like fun! So we just jump in with Challenge 1?

Yes of course Momma :)
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Yes I think of like to have a go at this! It will prolly end up looking nothing like this tho :D
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

lisa17ann wrote: »
    Yes I think of like to have a go at this! It will prolly end up looking nothing like this tho :D

You make me laugh - Glad u r giving it a go :)
  • camarossz28888camarossz28888 Posts: 69 Member
    Thank you so much for the support :smile:
    I really appreciate it <3
    Challenge 1 here I come :smiley:
  • vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    This looks like a lot of fun, I sometimes try building from pictures, but most of the times my version looks nothing like the pic! :D
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    Thanks @Zita1966z this sounds like lots of fun, I I think I will join in..
    vethesims wrote: »
    This looks like a lot of fun, I sometimes try building from pictures, but most of the times my version looks nothing like the pic! :D

LOL same here. That's why I would rather host it lol lol
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    Thanks @Zita1966z this sounds like lots of fun, I I think I will join in..

I am truly honored and humbled. Thank you Bree :)
  • amberthezombieamberthezombie Posts: 214 Member
    This sounds fun, I'm building for two other contests at the moment, so I might not have time but I'll definitely be taking part in the next one here. :smiley:
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    fab, thanks for the add I will find some Sim time later ;)
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• masajomasajo Posts: 5,998 Member
    Thanks for letting me know, this sounds like lots of fun :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Zita1966z wrote: »
    lisa17ann wrote: »

You make me laugh - Glad u r giving it a go :)

Is it my horrible typos and incoherent comment that made you laugh or is it just because I'm so funny? :p Seriously though this seems really fun and should be interesting how everyone will interpret it. I wish I could get special treatment for being a judge on under renovation (shameless plug) with you but, I'll prolly fail so miserably at recreating it you'll just laugh at it hahaha! And, your feedback will be "don't enter again Hun!" :D
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited September 2015
    This challenge looks so fun! :grin: Thanks for the invite!
    However, I'm not talented enough to recreate buildings from real life, unless if it has a floor plan, like what I did on my Sampaguita Estate and Old Graham Cottage. But I am, of course, looking for an easy challenge for me to participate. Thanks again for the invite! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Don_OelloDon_Oello Posts: 269 Member
    this challenge sounds great! i will join whenever i can B)
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
  • mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    @Zita1966z So you said we can do different colors. Does that mean we can add friezes or spandrels and things too? You want the exterior to stay the same though. So we can't change roof shape or height of build? And also we obviously are going to be able to choose almost any type of window because there is such a limited variety of window options? I am attempting to get started on this! I love all the challenges in the forums! :D Gives my game purpose!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

@Zita1966z So you said we can do different colors. Does that mean we can add friezes or spandrels and things too? You want the exterior to stay the same though. So we can't change roof shape or height of build? And also we obviously are going to be able to choose almost any type of window because there is such a limited variety of window options? I am attempting to get started on this! I love all the challenges in the forums! :D Gives my game purpose!

Yes. you can make changes but at the end we want to be able to recognise the picture build :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    The new contest sounds great! :) I will look forward to seeing simmers recreate sims 4 versions of the real life buildings !
  • XLiveleXXLiveleX Posts: 103 Member
    Thank you Zita to let me know about this challenge. It sounds great but it's not a contest for me. At first, I'm not so a faster builder like others. I need a lot of time to create a house. And second, i don't like it to recreate buildings from real life or i'm not so talented in this. I hope you can understand it. :) But i wish all a lot of fun with this contest. :)
    vznoomeo24.jpg
    Origin ID: Livele
    My showcase