Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ajaxpost Property Portfolio - NEW Lot(7 May): Active Sports Centre Gym (picture HEAVY!!)

2...Next

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    edited September 2015
    Stoneleigh Major is a very nice medieval home ! :) The texture of the exterior looks nice. The type of fencing that you have used suits well the theme. Very nice harvestable garden area! Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants from their garden. The well is a nice touch there, and the pile of logs looks great! Very nice furnishing of the interior to reflect the build style. The wall and floor texture is nice. The flame lights are a nice touch on the walls. It looks nice that you have a fire pit in the main room for sims to enjoy sitting near to toast food and to keep warm. It is great that you have a chicken coop in the home. The wooden dining table is nice for sims to sit and enjoy eating their meals. The hay bundles look great in the rooms. The candle light is a nice touch on the bedside dresser.
    It is a very nice medieval home :)
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Oh....what an terrific hovel!! Can you say terrific and hovel in the same sentence? :) It is actually a very charming cottage and I like how you put the wood stove in and colored it. Makes it look like a small fireplace to cook in and very authentic. I love the chickens in the house too! I would not have thought of that and it is a great idea! I'm watching a build on a medieval style world and am sure this will fit in when the builder is done. It is rec'd and on the fav list. :)
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    AlphaFen wrote: »
    The thing with your blatant self promotion @ajaxpost is it makes people like me turn up in your thread :*

Firstly, I love your exteriors, I really do. I also love your attention to detail, I would never have to thought to have a viewing gallery in a car showroom, but it makes so much sense and makes it feel so much more real. The landscaping in Druid's Well is beautiful, I wish my local park was like that. The wallpaper in your Simwaj Al Ajax bedrooms and dining area is great, and suits the theme perfectly. I love the little descriptions you give! That and your attention to the small things makes what you create so life-like.

In summary: Stop shaming my builds with your architectural awesomeness :weary:
    Aww, thank you :blush: What skills I have I've stolen from the many other great builders (many also DD stalkers) I have followed who never let the limitations of the game get in the way of their imagination.

As for my exteriors ... I reckon the one thing that always takes me the longest time is trying to decide on exactly the right style of wall covering and then endlessly tinkering to get a colour I'm happy with, plus all the little landscape touches that I discovered others used (and which I now obsess over). Well, that and hours scrolling through 'Miscellaneous Décor'! :o

That said, I'm not brave enough to create Sims - I always seem to end up with the same type of man! And as for dressing them ... I really can't dress female Sims (I can barely dress myself!) :anguished:
    Very nice, this will be perfect in my medieval themed town! :)
    That is very kind of you to say, thank you. Are you creating a new world or recreating an existing one?

If you decide to share your town, and if you remember, please do let me know - I'd love to see how much can be achieved.

rosemow wrote: »
    Stoneleigh Major is a very nice medieval home ! :) The texture of the exterior looks nice. The type of fencing that you have used suits well the theme. Very nice harvestable garden area! Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants from their garden. The well is a nice touch there, and the pile of logs looks great! Very nice furnishing of the interior to reflect the build style. The wall and floor texture is nice. The flame lights are a nice touch on the walls. It looks nice that you have a fire pit in the main room for sims to enjoy sitting near to toast food and to keep warm. It is great that you have a chicken coop in the home. The wooden dining table is nice for sims to sit and enjoy eating their meals. The hay bundles look great in the rooms. The candle light is a nice touch on the bedside dresser.
    It is a very nice medieval home :)
    Thank you so much Rose, I love seeing your reviews for the way that you pick up all the little details that have been put into a lot and visualise the builds actually in use by our Sim folk.

bekkasan wrote: »
    Oh....what an terrific hovel!! Can you say terrific and hovel in the same sentence? :) It is actually a very charming cottage and I like how you put the wood stove in and colored it. Makes it look like a small fireplace to cook in and very authentic. I love the chickens in the house too! I would not have thought of that and it is a great idea! I'm watching a build on a medieval style world and am sure this will fit in when the builder is done. It is rec'd and on the fav list. :)
    Hi Sandi, thank you! :)

I did enjoy playing with CASt to 'dirty' everything down (such a shame that TS4 doesn't give us this creative freedom :() In testing my next build I've discovered that kids can cook at the fire pit but I thought it really ought to have something to create proper meals and I was so pleased with how well the wood oven fits into the style (though I'm not sure how common pizza was back in the day! :smiley: )

Likewise the chickens, I just had to have animals in the home so when that worked I really did a little victory jig! :blush:

The Medieval starter home that I had originally planned to build, before I got carried away and ended up with Stoneleigh Major, is now complete and I just need to get some good photos and check that it all works properly. I hope to get it uploaded in the next couple of days but, if not, definitely by first thing next week.

For now though, a little 'teaser' photo for Stoneleigh Minor :)

tumblr_ntyv7ztG9h1sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg

Your starter home version, Stoneleigh Minor, looks very nice! :) The wall and the floor texture looks great and reflects the theme well! The medieval style of the dining chairs looks nice. It is nice that you have a bathing tub corner nook. The clothing rack is a nice touch beside the door. The medieval style clothing that your sims are wearing looks nice.
    I hope that the uploading of your home goes well :)
    edited September 2015
    Stoneleigh Minor
    Medieval Style Starter Home

This is sort of what I intended to create in response to requests for medieval lots on The Gift of Creation thread hosted by @NagyGina but I got carried away and ended up with Stoneleigh Major.

So, I've had another go at creating a simpler and cheaper home that requires less Store and EP content so should be useable as is by more people :)

As with Stoneleigh Major I have made some compromises to make it easier to play but I hope they still fit within the general style I've tried to create.

So here it is, of simple wattle and daub construction Stoneleigh Minor is a lovely little home that should have enough for a young family to get started.

tumblr_nu2f2ou9Qm1sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg

The rear includes an apple tree and small number of vegetable plants so the family should always have food.
    tumblr_nu2f2ou9Qm1sgcmqgo2_1280.jpg

There is also a small pond which may contain some fish (I have not put a fish spawner in here but I discovered that my Sims could catch minnows anyway! :))
    tumblr_nu2f2ou9Qm1sgcmqgo3_1280.jpg

The heart of the home is the fire pit that provides heat for both warmth and cooking (you'll notice that I have put a very non-Medieval fridge and cooker in here - hope they don't spoil the effect too much!)).
    tumblr_nu2f2ou9Qm1sgcmqgo4_1280.jpg

Of course, there aren't the materials to create a lot of different rooms so all the main household activities happen in the one main room
    tumblr_ntyv7ztG9h1sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg

However, the family that built this home have left behind a simple table and sofa to make life a little more comfortable.
    tumblr_nu2f2ou9Qm1sgcmqgo5_r1_1280.jpg

It may not be very private but this home has the luxury of indoor bath!
    tumblr_nu2f2ou9Qm1sgcmqgo6_r1_1280.jpg

The family all sleep in the one room and even have their own beds! If you have a young child they will love the simple wooden toybox that is included!
    tumblr_nu2f2ou9Qm1sgcmqgo7_r1_1280.jpg

If anyone needs a little privacy, the property boasts a remarkable new invention ... a flushable toilet!! Of course it is outside - who would want an indoor toilet!!
    tumblr_nu2f2ou9Qm1sgcmqgo8_r1_1280.jpg

On those long summer days, there is plenty of natural foliage to shield you from the sun
    tumblr_nu2f2ou9Qm1sgcmqgo9_r1_1280.jpg

And, finally, for the architects amongst you, a plan view...
    tumblr_nu2f2ou9Qm1sgcmqgo10_r1_1280.jpg

NOTE
    NOTE: This is quite a small lot which I have filled with stuff and if you have the Into The Future expansion pack you will find that it cannot place the time portal thing on the lot so it will be automatically placed somewhere else on your map - just like the weather stone :)

Post edited by ajaxpost on
    Stoneleigh Minor is a very nice starter home! :) The texture of the exterior and interior walls looks nice. Very nice backyard area. It is nice that there is an apple tree and vegetable plants for sims to enjoy harvesting the produce from. They will enjoy using them in their cooking. The pond looks nice with the plants and rocks on the edge of the water. It is great that sims can enjoy fishing there. It looks great that you have placed a pile of logs there. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home to suit the medieval theme. It is nice that you have have a fire pit there for sims to enjoy sitting around to keep warm and to toast food. The flooring paving looks great! The fridge and stove blends in well with the rest of the home furnishings and wall/floor textures . The flames torch lighting looks nice on the wall The medieval style of the dining chairs and corner sofa seat looks nice. It looks nice how you have angled the seat into the corner. Sims will enjoy sitting resting having a chat there. It is nice that you have a bathing tub corner nook. The clothing rack is a nice touch beside the door. Child sims will have fun playing with the toys from the toy box in the bedroom . It is great that you have designed the home to have an outdoors toilet. The ceramic pots are a nice touch beside the building. The green trees in the build complement well with the exterior texture of the home. The cart and hay bale are great touches in the build.
    It is a very nice starter :)
    rosemow wrote: »
    Stoneleigh Minor is a very nice starter home! :) ...
    Thank you Rose for your lovely comments.

Yes, I was pleased that I got all the 'olde' bits in at a sensible start home price, it was fun finding all the décor pieces that I could use with the theme. It's a little too fancy for a real Medieval home but I am happy that I was able to create something that looked quite close and I hope other Simmers will enjoy it in their games.
  • imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    @ajaxpost fantastic builds love them :)
    imdragonit wrote: »
    @ajaxpost fantastic builds love them :)
    Thank you so much! :blush:

It can be really enjoyable seeing an idea come to life ... but also frustrating at times when build mode doesn't allow you to do exactly what you want! :)

• imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    @ajaxpost I totally get the frustration, instead of my husband asking me what's wrong, he asks are you cussing me or the computer? , & then asks are you sure you're having fun? lol
    edited May 2016
    Majix Active Sports Centre
    Gym / Outdoor Activity Centre

The Majix Active Sports Centre is not a gym - it is a destination venue for Sims that like to keep fit and healthy in a fun way that all the family can enjoy. Just check out all the different activities that are included and you will never go back to an 'ordinary' gym again!
    tumblr_o6s2rx13JD1sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg

The centre-piece of the outdoor facilities is a mid-size swimming pool complete with loungers, shower stations and a lifeguard post to ensure everyone's safety.
    tumblr_o6s2rx13JD1sgcmqgo3_1280.jpg

In keeping with the 'fit is fun!' ethos the Majix Active Sports Centre includes a couple of golf tees and archery practice ranges.
    tumblr_o6s2rx13JD1sgcmqgo5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o6s2rx13JD1sgcmqgo6_1280.jpg

The more obviously athletic will enjoy using the football nets and a jogging track - see NOTE below.
    tumblr_o6s2rx13JD1sgcmqgo7_1280.jpg

Young Sims will also find plenty to enjoy including two treehouse playrooms, swings and seesaw.
    tumblr_o6s2voJB8j1sgcmqgo4_1280.jpg

The extensive grounds have room for relaxing, perhaps with a picnic.
    tumblr_o6s2voJB8j1sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg

Or perhaps you would prefer to relax in our 'spa with a view' on the part-covered lounge deck.
    tumblr_o6s2voJB8j1sgcmqgo5_1280.jpg

If the weather isn't so good, or you just prefer indoor exercises we can provide numerous facilities including basketball hoops and climbing challenges.
    tumblr_o6s33xrCnD1sgcmqgo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o6s33xrCnD1sgcmqgo3_1280.jpg

Sims with a more artistic inclination will surely enjoy the spacious dance training room.
    tumblr_o6s33xrCnD1sgcmqgo4_1280.jpg

After all that exertion you will likely need to use our elegantly appointed shower rooms.
    tumblr_o6s33xrCnD1sgcmqgo6_1280.jpg

Before you leave do take a moment to enjoy a delicious coffee and pastry in our spacious café.
    tumblr_o6s33xrCnD1sgcmqgo8_1280.jpg

Video Walkthrough
    A video walkthrough, well, more a ramble really, is available on my Youtube Channel!

NOTE
    CC Recommendation: This lot has a jogging path marked out but does NOT include the jogging track mod. If you are happy to use custom content in your game I do recommend the Jogging Track Marker by icarus_allsorts. To get the mod, and all the instructions go to ModTheSims: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=537593
    Post edited by ajaxpost on
    The Active Sports Centre Gym is very nice! :) There are so many great and fun activities for sims to enjoy doing when visiting the venue! It is great that there are a variety of different activities to do both in the outdoors areas as well as indoors. Child sims will have fun playing on the swings, seesaw and treehouses. The outdoors pool area is great! Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool and it is great that there is a lifesaver chair there for lifesaver sims to keep watch. Very nice roof covered deck area for sims to enjoy relaxing in the hot tub. The cafe is very nice! Very nice blue colour scheme of the room. It looks nice the type of and placement of the dining tables and chairs there. Sims will enjoy ordering food and drinks from the barista bar and eating and drinking them at the tables. The menu boards on the wall, the cake display item, the cookie jar and the flan stand are nice touches in the room. The layout of the outdoors areas and the sporting /games facilities both inside and outdoors looks so very great!
    It is a very nice venue for sims to enjoy visiting! :)
    edited May 2016
    Thank you so much for you lovely review @rosemow :blush:

I love visiting the creative forums and reading your reviews and especially your insights into how our Sims can use the lots that have been created for them.

And while I am here, I can tell everyone that I have uploaded a video walk-through of the Majix Active Sports Centre, just click the video below or visit my Youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCUpYMmleN8
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    So, I finally took a stroll over to your YouTube channel and this is where I started. This is awesome! I love venues with lots of options for the family to enjoy at the same time, and this fits the bill. But I really appreciate the heads up on the jogging track. Sending Sims jogging around town can be so tiresome, popping in and out of the lot that I'm focused on. This will be a great option to add to larger parks.

It's so cool to see so much content used in one space. As you know, I'm so frustrated with the limitations of playing on my Mac. I'm ready to bust waiting to get a system that will let me install everything at the same time.

Anyway, I really enjoyed watching and look forward to checking out some of your other builds in your portfolio and vids on YouTube.

BTW, LOVE the accent. I'm one of those Americans that melts for a British accent. Maybe it's from watching so much Doctor Who as a kid.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    Aww, thank you Jude, @JoeJude16, I am delighted to hear that you liked this build - it was quite a challenge to get all the equipment I wanted in there so your comments are very much appreciated. And you're absolutely right about the jogging track - it's such a simple idea really but so very useful if you want to exercise an athletic Sim.

When I started doing videos fro Youtube, I tried to be a little bit coy when other Simmers would say how they loved my accent (I mean, after all I don't have an accent :)) but now, I will say thank you, I hope it makes the videos a more pleasant experience for you. And, of course, I also have to admit that I also quite like hearing different accents, especially the less common ones, on videos. In fact, one of my favourite finds on Youtube is a series of three short videos where this utterly delightful lady from the southern states of America (possibly Louisiana?) narrates a car journey in England. She has a totally charming 'drawl' that makes her enjoyment of the countryside and sense of bewilderment at how we in England manage to find our way on our roads so beautiful to listen to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsTnQUEqGnc