Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

READ BEFORE POSTING: Welcome to the Bug Forum

crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
Hi Guys,

the bug forum is for reporting game play issues you find in your game. If you have issues with crashing, installing, downloading, loading/saving and the likes, please post in the technical section here: The Sims 4 Technical Discussions.

Before you post, please take the time to review the compiled list: [READ FIRST] Compiled list of Bugs (hosted on Answers HQ). Some things even have a workaround that help you with your issue. You can also add your comment to one of the threads there if you have the same issue or simply hit the Me Too button on the first page

When making a post, make sure to provide as much info in your post as possible. I've made a template you can use to to make your report in the post below. Just copy/paste it and replace the text in brackets (<>) with your actual information.

Remember: The more detailed your report, the easier for Maxis to reproduce and fix the problem.

Thanks all
Crin
Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
AHQ Tutorial

Post edited by EA_Mage on

Comments

• crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited August 2015
    Template for Bug Reporting

Issue

<Please describe your issue>

Steps you took for Issue to occur

<Please post steps you did when the issue occurred>

Picture

<please upload a picture to some file sharing site and post the link here>

Where does the bug occur ?

<Does the bug occur in one specific save game or also if you start a new one for testing purposes>

Mods/CC

<Are you using custom content or Mods in your game and if no, did you never have any or did you remove them ?>

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

<Which expansions do you own>

Occurring since

<Any specific Patch or change you made on your system>

Operating system

<Please post your Operating system (Mac or Windows, including version)>
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• SimGuruJanitorSimGuruJanitor Posts: 13 SimGuru (retired)
    Hey folks,

In addition to Crin's list above (please read it!), there are some additional files/information that may be helpful to provide if you would like to report a bug.

On a PC or Mac, these files will be located in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4
    • lastCrash.txt (if it exists. If there is more than one, please include all of them.)
    • lastException.txt (if it exists. If there is more than one, please include all of them.)
    • lastUIException.txt (if it exists. If there is more than one, please include all of them.)
    • Config.log
    • the entire saves folder

There is no 'best' way to provide these files, but it's most helpful for us if you can zip them into a single file and include a link to them (through your preferred file-sharing service) in your post.

Lastly, if you encounter an Origin issue, please file an Origin Error Report in the Origin client (In Origin > Help > Origin Error Reporter). This can be very helpful in figuring out Origin problems.

On behalf of the dev team, you have a sincere Thank You for your help reporting and detailing issues.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top