Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNDER RENOVATION Challenge 35

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    edited August 2015
    It is not a build for this challenge, but congratulations on World Tour Newcrest being favourited by Maxis! @mommataurus2 :)
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    edited August 2015
    Congrats @Cbear13 !! :) Under Renovation has now delivered 6 fav's Wow So proud of our troopers :)
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Thankyou @zita1966z it was a huge shock that was the first comp I ever entered
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    Aww thanks guys. :) I am so thrilled that World Tour Newcrest getting Maxis fave. It was such a fun build and I played the lot for a long time. (a whole week! that's about the longest I can last in game lol)
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• MatthiaMatthia Posts: 107 Member
    I just saw this thread and I have to say that I'm liking this concept a lot! I'm thinking about joining the newest contest. :) I just have one question: It says that you're allowed to add a balcony, but is it also allowed to make the already existing balcony bigger? Or does it have to be a completely new balcony?
    edited August 2015
    Matthia wrote: »
    I just saw this thread and I have to say that I'm liking this concept a lot! I'm thinking about joining the newest contest. :) I just have one question: It says that you're allowed to add a balcony, but is it also allowed to make the already existing balcony bigger? Or does it have to be a completely new balcony?

@Matthia With previous challenges you could but this specific challenge its not allowed (That is if you are referring 2 the upper balcony). You can however (for the front ground patio) add to the existing one as long as they do not touch...maybe incorporate with stairs down the one and then up the other one..if that could work hehe and WELCOME to Under Renovation <3
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Hello @Matthia Welcome! =) I cant wait to see your renovation!
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    Just a question: kinda new on the forum and have alr seen wonderful renovations come by in the community. Always thought it was a marvelous concept :) . If i understand correctly any member can join in on this challenge as long as they showcase here? In that case i am so making pics of my effort asap o:) (ID: Snn77)
  • MatthiaMatthia Posts: 107 Member
    edited August 2015
    Thanks everyone for the welcome! :smiley: And thanks for the reply. :) I won't touch the existing balcony then and try something else. I've made some progress on the house already, but the budget is quite tight! I wanted to give the mayor the luxury items he deserves, but I will have to make some changes in that aswell. :p
    Twiggy wrote: »
    Just a question: kinda new on the forum and have alr seen wonderful renovations come by in the community. Always thought it was a marvelous concept :) . If i understand correctly any member can join in on this challenge as long as they showcase here? In that case i am so making pics of my effort asap o:) (ID: Snn77)

Hello @Twiggy and welcome to Under Renovation. Everybody and Anybody is welcome. Its and open competition where we renovate and have fun. Excited to see what you cooking up for us :)
    Thanks everyone for the welcome! :smiley: And thanks for the reply. :) I won't touch the existing balcony then and try something else. I've made some progress on the house already, but the budget is quite tight! I wanted to give the mayor the luxury items he deserves, but I will have to make some changes in that aswell. :p

@Matthia lol we have been spoiling our renovators with "free hand" and "unlimited budgets" in some recent renovations and decided its time to go back to basics and through a tight one at them. lol They always come out tops though :) A tip to get some free stuff etc when a budget is tight:

1. Enter cheat bb.showhiddenobjects
    2. The in the search column type in "debug" You will find some awesome goodies there that is cheap or free.

We (the judges) love to see clutter and spaced filled - :)

Hello @Matthia :) I hope that your budgeting goes okay!
    edited August 2015
    Well here goes...

First off @rosemow thank you for your always so warming comments <3

Then for the official part of my comment. I really enjoy entering this challenge. Hope my solutions on renovating and juicing up the place for the grand mayor make the judges move aswell

Under Renovation: Challenge 12
    Origin ID: Snn77
    Forum ID: Twiggy
    Link to the gallery: thesims.com/nl_NL/gallery/579123324C4311E5893E496604DFD993?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=snn77&max=50&maxis=false
    Name of the build: Mayor Movement
    Cheats used: moo, unlockables and hidden objects
    Total cost after upload: 96.963 (yh, i tried squeeze every simoleon out of it :D )
    Would you like to receive critique: Very much so since this is the first time entering anything and i'm always open to pointers...

A frontview
    front-of-the-house1.png

The livingroom
    livingroom.png

His Mayor's bedroom
    masterbedroom.png

A bathroom
    bathroom1.png

... and last but not least
    entertainmentarea.png

Had to do a lil edit... i alr thought i forgot something... all litter can be disposed of now :)
    Post edited by Twiggy on
    Mayor Movement is a very nice home! @Twiggy :) The front courtyard area of the build is very nice! The hedging looks nice lining the edges of the lot. Very nice front area of the courtyard! It looks nice how you have curved the rocks around the water fountain and the plants look nice there. Very nice seat bench sitting area, for sims to enjoy resting there in the sunshine, and the flowers beside the seat are nice for sims to see when sitting there. The texture and colour of the exterior of the build looks nice and suits well the theme. The pegs and animal wall decor look great on the front exterior of the roof! The trees add a nice look to the outdoors front area. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Nice living room sitting area for sims to enjoy watching TV. The plants are nice touches of nature on the wall shelf and the colour of the pots looks nice with the seating colour. The shoes rack is homely beside the stair case. Nice window sitting area in the master bedroom for sims to enjoy looking out through the windows at the outdoors views. The hanging robes are a nice home touch on the bedroom wall. It looks nice how you have used the shade screen to separate off the dressing area. Very nice bathroom! The white wall and floor tiling gives a very nice look to the room. The red candles look pretty on the bathroom sink counter, and are a nice touch of red that goes well with the white colour scheme of the room. Very nice basement entertainment room! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools there or resting on the sofa, having a drink from the bar and a chat. The mounted fish looks great on the wall!
    The home is very nice :)
  • RivendellStarRivendellStar Posts: 1,004 Member
    @Liziann1 You are welcome! :)
    jiyKE8j.png
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Zita1966z wrote: »

@Matthia lol we have been spoiling our renovators with "free hand" and "unlimited budgets" in some recent renovations and decided its time to go back to basics and through a tight one at them.

The unlimited budgets and free styling in the previous challenges gave me more of a mental block :D The tight budget and other restrictions made me participate again. :)
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @Twiggy hehe good job, I am super picky with people remembering mailboxes and bins, glad you fixed it.
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • tounette56tounette56 Posts: 39 Member
    Origin ID: tounette56
    Forum ID: tounette56
    Link to gallery: here
    Name of your build: Mayor's House
    Cheats used: Moo
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $96,926
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes please

Mayors%20House_zpsqxwpuv0j.png
    Mayors%20House%202_zpsxqdioppw.png
    Mayors%20House%203_zpswdgzgtyk.png
    Mayors%20House%204_zpsqfpopl50.png
    Mayors%20House%205_zpsgywx94s8.png

Good luck everyone :)
    mum%20final_zpsuog1fjp8.png
    Visit my gallery at tounette56 to see my renovations and builds
    Check out my most recent builds Windenburg Forest and Rocket Ship
    edited August 2015
    It is great that you are now a member! @tounette56 :) Mayor's House is a very nice home! The courtyard area is so very nice! The plants look very nice how you have placed them in a curved row along the edges of the courtyard. The flowers look very pretty around the base of the water fountain. The fencing on the edges of the lot and the double front gates look very nice! The floral hanging basket lights look very nice in the courtyard! The white colour of the exterior looks very nice. Nice seat bench sitting area for sims to enjoy resting there in the sunshine. The birdbath and flowers look pretty in the corner nook beside the front steps. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The floor tiling in the foyer and kitchen area looks nice. Nice eat in dining area in the kitchen. The fruit pictures and plates on the kitchen walls are nice kitchen touches there. Very nice study room! The lotus floor rug is a nice touch there. Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. The brown and green colour schemes of the bedrooms look nice. Very nice outdoors BBQ and bar patio! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ there in the outdoors air. The plants and the flower cart are nice for sims to see when having a drink from the bar.
    It is a very nice home :)
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Finally done with my reno! :)

Origin ID: pronterus
    Forum ID: pronterus
    Link to gallery: HERE
    Name of your build: 79 Crestwood Parkway
    Cheats used: MOO, career objects
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $96,981
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes please

MySLEdr.jpg
    cjoSq75.jpg
    O33aeHA.png
    DTHyAUi.jpg
    f2YTYuE.jpg
    79 Crestwood Parkway is very nice! @pronterus :) The front courtyard area looks very pretty! The raised deck pergola over the water fountain looks so nice! The flowers on the trellis roofing look very nice! Sims will have fun playing on the chess table there. The rocks, flowers and sunflowers look sunny and nice along the front edge of the pergola. It looks very nice how you have placed the fencing and the trees along the edges of the lot! The enlarged vehicles look great on the driveway! The water fountain feature will be nice for sims to see when sitting on the seat bench in the pergola. The brown colour of the exterior texture looks nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The living room is very nice! The wooden and brick texture of the walls looks nice together. It looks nice how you have used the screen shade to separate off the reading and the TV watching areas. Sims will enjoy sitting warming up near the fire watching TV. It looks nice that you have used to different coloured chairs in the reading area. Sims will enjoy keeping fit using the weights machine on the outdoors side patio to keep fit. Nice windows dining area for sims to enjoy looking out through the windows whilst eating their meals at the table there.
    The home is very nice :)
    @rosemow thank you so much for your elaborate take on my exhibit! I really appreciate that <3 It is an absolute pleasure to join in. I must admit there sure is alot of competition and i love em all! Specially the exhibit of @pronterus, a simmer i gladly follow for his undying creativity and sense of style. But then again, the courtyards of both @tounette56 and @mommataurus2 look absolutely awesome! Glad i am not in the shoes of the judges. I ca sit back now and let others do the math ;)