Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

#MoodMade - Wedding P8 - FOUR New Homes P9

Comments

• MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    Thank you Rosemow I too hope that I do well in the challenge. :smile:

@RyeCris16 - Thank you very much! I'm very pleased that you like the farmhouse, both the exterior and interior. I was a tad worried about hitting the mark due to the budget restraints (but that's part of the fun of BnS I guess!) but I think I just about managed it. Thank you for adding the build to your favourites and thank you for wishing me luck in the challenge!

Now, I couldn't possibly post here without another WIP could I?

08-07-15_10-44nbspPM_zpsysrv2lt4.png

This build is still in the very early stages of development. The colours used are there to serve as a rough guide and I also need to move the build to a larger lot (the house is a lot bigger than it looks!). It will provide me with my first use of both the pool tool and hot tubs however. :smiley: Please let me know what you think!
    tFU6JMe.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Your new WIP looks very nice! :) The design of the home is very nice! The three dormers give a nice look to the home. Very nice front porch! It looks nice that you have used open shutter windows, and the way you have placed them in sets of two looks nice. I hope that you enjoy using the pool tool in your build! Sims will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub in your home!
    I will look forward to the next update of your WIP :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    The farmhouse is adorable! Love the landscaping too! The WIP is looking promising! Lovely design! :)
    @Rosemow - Thank you very much! I'm glad that you like my current WIP! I sure am looking forward to experimenting with those pools!

@yanti68 - Thank you! I'm very pleased that you like the landscaping of the farmhouse, it was important to me to get it right. I'm glad that you too like the WIP; it's a big lot and it's taking a lot of work!

Now, on to business... I have ANOTHER WIP to share with you tonight!

08-10-15_12-56nbspAM_zps5a6huh75.png

It's a Georgian style home (and I've focused the interior on a Georgian home too, perhaps a little too much :wink:).

If that wasn't enough I also have another complete build incoming!
    tFU6JMe.png
    Evening all! It's time for another lot to drop! I hope you like it! :smiley:

Cabin In The Woods

Date Added: 11/08/15

This lot can be found in the 'Starter Homes' section of this thread.

This charming country cottage is the perfect starter home for Sims both young and old. With two bedrooms it offers room for expansion and it's quaint charm will captivate your Sims.

Lot Size: 20x15
    Furnished Price: 45,842
    Unfurnished Price: 10,947
    Contains Content From The Following Packs: The Sims 4 Base Game, The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat
    Fun Fact: This build took just two hours to complete!
    Use The Following Hashtags To Locate This Build On The Gallery: #MoodMade #StarterHome #NoCC

MMCITWC_zpswdfzyjgi.png

I was inspired to create this build after seeing so many cute cottage builds on the 'Show us your WIPs here' thread. It didn't take me too long but I put in a lot of effort to make it look as rustic and realistic as possible. Enjoy! :smiley:
    tFU6JMe.png
    Your Georgian style WIP is looking very nice! @Moodbeamy :) The design of the home looks very nice! Very nice front porch and front steps ! It looks very nice how you have used the columns! The chimney is a nice touch in the build. The roofing is very nice!

Cabin in the Woods is such a very nice cottage home! :) The design of the exterior of the home is very nice! The wooden and stone texture gives it a very nice look! The home looks very homely! The flower cart is a nice touch on the front porch. The lavender looks pretty on the front edges of the home. It looks nice how you have placed left and right hand open shutter windows on the front exterior of the home. The floral pattern on the walls in the living and dining rooms looks very pretty! The pictures on the walls in these rooms are nice for sims to see when dining or sitting there. Very nice fireplace sitting area! The flowers on the fireplace ledge and on the table between the chairs add a nice look and feel to the room. The clock on the ledge and the plates on the wall look homely.
    The home is very nice :)
  • vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    Hello! :) This is a great thread, you have some really nice builds here! Your Cabin In The Woods is so charming, I love it! :)
    Evening everyone!

@Rosemow - Thank you once again for your kinds words in regards to my latest build! I always enjoy reading your feedback as you really go to such trouble to take in all of the details and how they all work for you. Thank you so much!

@vethesims - Thank you for taking the time to visit my thread and thank you for your comments about my builds! I take that as a huge compliment considering the quality of the builds in your own thread (outstanding!)! I'm very pleased that you like Cabin In The Woods; for a build which was so fast it sure is proving popular in The Gallery!

Now, onto business! I am going to spend the next few days updating my earlier builds; not the builds themselves, namely the way they are presented in this thread. As you can see my latest builds have all been displayed with a single image which makes it much easier to navigate the thread and work out what is what. I plan to remove the large number of pictures from the earlier builds and display them in the same boxes as my most recent build.

I am also working hard on delivering some new builds to bulk out my offering. I will be working on a selection of starter homes (alongside the two WIPs I have already shown off) which I will be uploading over the next week or so. The first one (well technically the second, Cabin In The Woods was the first of the new batch) will hopefully be dropping later this evening!

I am also planning a new retail build in the near future. What will it be? Well, why don't you tell me what you would like to see!
    tFU6JMe.png
    Evening everyone! Let the flurry of starter homes begin!

True Blue

Date Added: 12/08/15

True Blue is a beautiful home complete with all the furnishings that a starting Sim will need! With two bedrooms and an optional basement this home offers plenty of room for expansion.

Furnished Price: 18,431
    Unfurnished Price: 11,176
    Contains Content From The Following Packs: The Sims 4 Base Game, The Sims 4 Get To Work
    Fun Fact: True Blue takes its name from the song of the same name.
    Use The Following Hashtags To Locate This Build On The Gallery: #MoodMade #NoCC #BuildForNewCrest #Starter #StarterHome

MMTBPNG_zpshr2aylyh.png

I designed this home so that it may be placed in game as soon as your begin playing! Provided you use a 20x15 lot costing 1,500 you'll have no problem plopping the furnished version of the build. Alternatively you can place the unfurnished version and have some fun earning Simoleons and furnishing it yourself! Enjoy!
    tFU6JMe.png
  • vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    Hi, I'm happy you like my builds as well! Your new build True Blue is a really beautiful starter! Looks really cozy and I love the blue exterior!
    True Blue is very nice! :) The blue colour of the exterior looks nice. It looks nice how you have placed the windows in the build. The wall light beside the front door is a homely touch and will be esoecially nice for when sims come home at night time. The blue wall in the bedroom will be restful for sims when sleeping there. The leafy bed pattern is nice. The lemon wall colour in the kitchen is pretty, and the lantern type ceiling lighting looks nice.
    It is a very nice starter home :)
    I hope that your reorganising of the pictures in your thread goes well. Enjoy working on the other starter homes as well as the retail store :)
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    True Blue is a beautiful starter, impeccable architecture and gorgeous soft interior colour scheme :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    @vethesims - You're very welcome! You have an incredible showcase, your starters are incredibly cute! Thank you for your kind words about True Blue I'm very pleased that you like it!

@rosemow - As always thank you for your in-depth review of my lot including the features! I'm very happy that you like True Blue!

@masajo - Thank you for taking the time to visit my thread and thank you very much for your comments on True Blue! I wanted to keep the build quite simple and so I'm glad that you like the architecture and the colour scheme I chose for the interior! It was important to me that I kept it both simple but homely. Thank you! :smile:
    tFU6JMe.png
    Okay everyone it's time for my second starter home for the week of starters!

Almost Modern

Date Added: 13/08/15

Almost Modern is a quaint and charming country house hiding a modern interior within. Complete with two bedrooms this home is perfect for a small family or a Sim just starting out.

Furnished Price: 37,676
    Unfurnished Price: 13,027
    Contains Content From The Following Packs: The Sims 4 Base Game, The Sims 4 Get To Work, The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff
    Fun Fact: Initially this build was going to have a very traditional interior. After experimenting and settling on a slightly more modern look for the kitchen I decided that the rest of the build should follow suit.
    Use The Following Hashtags To Locate This Build On The Gallery: #MoodMade #NoCC #BuildForNewcrest #Starter #StarterHome

MMAMPNG_zpsa1yd2ocf.png

Whilst Almost Modern has a traditional exterior it hides a modern interior! I hope you all like it!
    tFU6JMe.png
    Well they're coming in thick and fast now! Introducing my third starter of the last 24 hours...

Sunshine Starter

Date Added: 13/08/15

Complete with two bedrooms and an optional basement space awaiting expansion Sunshine Starter is the perfect starter home for those growing families.

Furnished Price: 46,462
    Unfurnished Price: 17,367
    Contains Content From The Following Packs: The Sims 4 Base Game, The Sims 4 Get To Work, The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat
    Fun Fact: Sunshine Starter takes its name from the yellow colour of its exterior... even though it's not really very yellow.
    Use The Following Hashtags To Locate This Build On The Gallery: #MoodMade #NoCC #Starter #StarterHome

MMSSPNG_zpstsogdviw.png

For this one I really did aim to retain that country living type feel. It's a little on the pricey side for a starter, especially when fully furnished, however, it's still a great shell for anyone looking to give their Sims a fully built home which can be furnished over time. I hope you all like it! :smiley:
    tFU6JMe.png
    Almost Modern is very nice! :) Very nice design of the exterior and the roofing looks very nice! The stone and the brick texture of the exterior look nice together. The flowers look very pretty along the edges of the home! The plant is a nice touch on the front porch for sims to see when entering the home. Very nice design of the kitchen! The green colour scheme of the furnishings looks very nice! The placement of the cabinets looks nice, and the grey brick wall gives a nice look in the room. The cutlery is a nice kitchen touch on the wall. Very nice orange colour scheme of the kids bedroom. The dragon looks very cute there! Kids will like seeing the dragon whilst sitting at the study desk doing their homework or using the computer. The patterned floor rug is a nice touch.
    The exterior design of Sunshine Starter is very pretty! :) The front porch is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the flowers on the edges of the porch. The flower box window is pretty! The chimney is a nice home touch in the build. Very nice colour shades and patterns that you have used for the interior walls! The pink and yellow colour shades give a nice look and feel to the rooms. Sims will enjoy sitting on the seat readubg a book from the bookcase. The butterflies picture is nice for sims to look at when in the room.
    They are very nice homes :)
    Thank you Rosemow! I'm very pleased that you like my latest two builds and as always thank you for your in-depth review I really appreciate it. :smile:

Unfortunately work has kind of taken over my 'Starter Week' (hence the reason I didn't build anything yesterday) but rest assured I still plan to continue releasing starter homes for the next few days. I am hoping to have my next build up by tonight, however, if I don't put one up tonight then there will be at least two tomorrow! I've also been fiddling with some 'not quite starter' builds which I will be completing and uploading once the flurry of starters is over.

To give you a hint as to what is to come...

-One of the starters would look perfect in either Willow Creek or Oasis Springs
    -One of the starters will be a beach style home build for the 4Sims4 Builder's Contest (I rolled a 20x15 lot YAY :smiley: !)
    -Two of the starters will be very modern
    -One of the starters is the stuff of fairytales!

I don't know about you guys but I can't wait!
    tFU6JMe.png
    edited August 2015
    Hmmm... I'm seriously considering pulling my first four TS4 builds from The Gallery and editing them before re-uploading them. I look at them now and cringe... they could be so much better! There's real potential I just don't think they use it. (Apart from 'Humble Beginnings;' I'm not sure what I could do to save that one).
    tFU6JMe.png
    edited August 2015
    Good evening! I am pleased to introduce my next starter home...

Buttercup Cottage

Date Added: 16/08/15

Buttercup Cottage is a quaint and traditional home complete with two bedrooms for the expanding family. #MoodMade #NoCC #Starter #StarterHome #BuildForNewcrest

Furnished Price: 53,788
    Unfurnished Price: 15,713
    Contains Content From The Following Packs: The Sims 4 Base Game, The Sims 4 Get To Work, The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat
    Fun Fact: Having regretted not naming 'Sunshine Starter' as 'Buttercup Cottage' I decided to give this build yellow paneling for the sole purpose of giving it the name I had earlier wanted to use.
    Use The Following Hashtags To Locate This Build On The Gallery: #MoodMade #NoCC #Starter #StarterHome #BuildForNewcrest

MMBCCPNG_zpseqj0n8ry.png

I'm hoping to complete another build tonight however, time is not on my side. I have to work longer hours than I was expecting tomorrow and so I may not complete the lot tonight; I will definitely ensure that another starter is posted tomorrow evening at the latest. We're not halfway through the week of starters; how many more can I complete before the week is out?!

EDIT: I would also like to add that the next build will be very different from the ones I have so far posted this week (which have all followed a very traditional theme). Expect the unexpected. :wink:
    tFU6JMe.png
    Buttercup Cottage is a very pretty home! :) The roofing is very nice, and it is nice that you have used yellow paneling. The stone texture of the exterior looks nice. The flower box window and the flowers along the front edges of the home are pretty! The flower watering can is a nice touch on the front porch. Very nice kitchen! The cabinets look nice on the corner nook of the room, and the hanging pans, utensils and fruit bowl looks homely. The flowers on the table behind the sofa in the living room is nice for sims to see when sitting there.
    I will look forward to see what style the next home is! It sounds that it will be different! :)
    As always thank you very much @Rosemow I appreciate both your feedback and your time! I'm very pleased that you like Buttercup Cottage!

Now, I've not had as much time as I would have liked to work on my builds; I've also been spending the time I have had building my entry for the 4Sims4 Contest. I still plan on building a few more starters before the week is out but coming up first will be my entry for the contest!
    tFU6JMe.png
    It's ready! I'm not really sure that it can be justified as a starter given the price and it's certainly very different to anything I've built up to this point but hey, isn't that the point?! Introducing my latest build and my first entry into the 4Sims4 Contest...

On The Rocks

Date Added: 20/08/15

On The Rocks is the perfect beach home for those Sims wanting to enjoy their vacation; permanently. Equipped with a gym and two bathrooms this home is ideal for a single bachelor or a couple just wanting some fun.

Furnished Price: 87,250
    Unfurnished Price: 30,230
    Contains Content From The Following Packs: The Sims 4 Base Game, The Sims 4 Get To Work, The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff
    Fun Fact: This lot serves as my first entry into the 4Sims4 Builder's Contest
    Use The Following Hashtags To Locate This Build On The Gallery: #4Sims4 #4Sims4seven #NoCC #Starter #StarterHome #MoodMade

MMOTRPNG_zpsvdimp1cq.png

Whew! That one took a while and was quite difficult to decorate due to the lack of... beach style decor. Here's hoping for that tropical vacation pack next!
    tFU6JMe.png
    On The Rocks is a very nice beach home! :) The design of the exterior is very nice! Very nice front dormer and roofing ! The planter box open shutter windows look very nice. Very nice front porch! It looks very nice how you have used the spandrels! Nice sitting area on the porch for sims to enjoy watching other Sims passing by the home. The flowers and rocks look very nice how you have placed them along the edges of the home. The grey and blue colour scheme of the kitchen looks very nice. The hanging pans are a nice home touch on the kitchen wall. It is great that there is a gym in the home. Sims will enjoy looking out through the windows at the outdoors views whilst training on the treadmill. The awards are nice touches on the wall and shelf in the gym room.
    The home is very nice :)