Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(02/02/17) SpecterCody's Showcase - Rococo Retreat (pg.15)

Comments

• MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    edited August 2015
    You are pretty.

Edit.: it is very beautiful, really. Only a bit cold but if we ever get robosims, this is the house I will download. Wow.
  • ChubbychuckChubbychuck Posts: 214 Member
    @SpecterCody Wow, very clean and sleek design, love it!
    My Gallery

Origin: ChubbyChuckTS
  • SpecterCodySpecterCody Posts: 602 Member
    @MorriSan This is true, robots would be awesome! Thank you :smile:

@Chubbychuck I am happy you like it! Thanks :smile:
  • vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    Brutalitarian is really beautiful! I love modern builds and this one is really nice! You did a great job as always! :)
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    I saw the name and had to check it out. Brutalitarian is #1, a GREAT name for the house since it does brutally attack my eyes with contrast and #2 is a great concept and even better design! I really do like it very much!

I love the exterior of this build for so many reasons. It just hits me right and the way you kept the lighting/windows so minimal helped as well to create the bold, lifeless abode you were aiming for. I like your step down coverings by the entrance and great idea to have that full window for the transfer to the room above the garage. Great eye on this!

The interior is so bleak, colorless, and lifeless! You hit the nail on the head for what you were aiming at according to your description. The contrast is brutal on the eyes, yet it is very well decorated and designed! I love the black/white painting to keep the theme on the walls and yin/yang nature of the two main rooms.

The only thing I wish was different was the bed. It has a touch of blue in it and I'm thinking that maybe you just felt that SOMEWHERE in the house needed to have a bit of color and you surrendered and went blue...for me, this actually took away from the build because the theme was cut short. I think it would have had a more cohesive impact had you gone with a black and white bed (if available...I can't remember the color combos for that bed). Especially in that bedroom because it's beautiful in its design.

5sXtTqH.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Brutalitarian is a very nice modern home! :) The exterior design of the home is very nice! The car port looks great! It looks nice how you have done the ground texture in front of the car port area. The water looks nice around the edges of the corner of the build, and the placement of the individual hedges there gives a great effect! The tree looks very nice with the white wall edges around it in the front area of the build. Very nice back patio area! The hot tub nook and roof covered outdoors bar area is very nice! Sims will enjoy relaxing in the tub, and enjoy sutting on the stools having a drink from the bar. Very nice upper patio where sims can enjoy sitting relying on the armchairs and sofa there, enjoying the outdoors air. Very nice modern furnishing and layout of the interior of the home! The black and white colour scheme of the rooms of the home looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have used and placed the large circular black and white floor rugs in the build! The placement of the rugs to create a two coloured semi circle that stretches over two rooms in the middle of the home looks very effective! The black and white walls and floors through the home looks very nice! It is a modern home that sims will enjoy living in. It is stark in its modern colours scheme, layout and furnishings, and at that same time that is an artistic look that is found in real life homes and is enjoyed by those who live in those homes.
    You have designed the home well :)
    @Ash072 I'm so happy that you really enjoy this one and appreciate my vision! You are correct, the blue, even though its quite a light blue, ruins it for me too. I was quite afraid I could not find one single solid white bed, or solid black for that matter. The bedspreads almost always have some color or texture making my life difficult here. Basically, our selection in beds is kinda bad so I threw together the bedrooms quickly in shame. Thanks for the insightful review! :smile:

@rosemow I'm glad you liked my idea for the rug placement, I thought it was kinda interesting. Thank you for your very kind and thoughtful words, I appreciate that you think it is artistic and well designed. :smiley:
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Brutalitarian Stunning architecture with beautifully stunning contrasting interiors!!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Great job on Brutalitarian Cody! I am a big fan of black & white myself and I simply love
    the sleek design of this build. Striking exterior and wicked cool interiors. I can smell a new Maxis fav... ;D
    edited August 2015
    @rosemow Thank you! :smile:

@Tiki5872 I'm glad you really like the contrast and architecture! :smile: Thank you kindly for your nomination also!

@Manssom I know modern style is your forte so I am flattered that you like it so much, thanks! :smile:
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    I love the stunning architecture and the dramatic decor of your wonderful Brutalitarian build. :)
    edited August 2015
    Spirited Away Bathhouse - Dedicated to Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli for creating one of my favorite and most imaginative films that has inspired me throughout my life: Spirited Away. This is a highly detailed recreation but it is also playtested and playable. I spent a very large amount of time making sure it reflected the original as best as possible while still being practical for your Sims. I am going to absolutely INSIST you take the time to DOWNLOAD IT and view it properly, anything else would be a shame to me.

*No custom content was used
    *Move object and enlarged items were used, please place when on the lot
    *Playtested, many Sims enjoyed the spa services, pathing was tested as well

Here are some images! :smile:

yyUfR3d.png

puajJWq.png

0Exsesh.png

h3JZfdb.png

drMVbRB.png

PpRmXUA.png

f3o1an4.png

xeh1vaZ.png

yyeCuZw.png

MmisHth.png

IM9H5Zc.png

BOFOX5j.png

CFogQPw.png

GsbWTIz.png

Please let me know what you think! :smile:
    Post edited by SpecterCody on
    @follyfoot Thank you kindly, glad you enjoyed the bold look :smile:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Spirited Away Bathhouse is a very detailed and very nice build! :) I saw pictures of the original building on the WIP thread and your have reflected in sims games version the inspiration building so very well! The roofing and the placement and type of windows looks so very great! The bridge entrance to the home looks nice how you have done it. Very nice red, green and brown colours of the build to reflect the original. The multi levels bath hall looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the drapes and have done the upper level arch area and balconies! The hot tubs nooks look very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the hot tubs and have placed tree prints on the walls!
    The build, both the interior and exterior, is very detailed and nice! :)
  • smoesiesmoesie Posts: 267 Member
    Wow, really nice houses! :) I especially like 'Towering Tudor', the exterior looks astonishing.

I Googled 'Spirited Away Bathhouse' and I think they resemble each other a lot. :blush:
    Onderschrift_zps7b5c38ca.png
    ༼ つ ͡◕ Ѿ ͡◕ ༽つ My website ~ My page ~ My TS3-houses ~ My TS4-houses ლ(́◕◞Ѿ◟◕‵ლ)
  • MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    @SpecterCody: The bath house is superb! Only the steam is missing. The bridge: "None of the pigs are my parents...." and the Center Hall where all the guests languished in the tubs. The steam room with all the little boxes on the walls and the private quarters on top! I expect No-Name to surge through the halls in search for a bath, getting mud everywhere.

Where do you get the pipes, if you don't mins my asking?
    @rosemow Thanks for checking out the finished version! You have followed its process from the beginning, was quite a lot of work! :smile:

@smoesie Glad you stopped by and liked what you saw! :smile:

@MorriSan Hehe yes, I spent a while trying to make those rooms perfect! I got the pipes from the Get To Work science career. You can download rooms in the gallery that people share filled with those hidden parts, try the hashtag science.
  • kameliaxxxkameliaxxx Posts: 132 Member
    What a wonderful creation. This is completely outstanding.
    Sorry that I can't write more but my English is practically nonexistent.
    Hugs <3
    @kameliaxxx Thank you for stopping by and for the nice comment! :smile:
  • TheMatteo0TheMatteo0 Posts: 509 Member
    Amazing build of the 'Spirited Away Bathhouse' ! :) and its soooo huge :p, incredibly detailed and a beautiful build. I'll be sure to check out more of your future builds! :)
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    It is great that you finished Spirited Away Bathhouse, and it's so gorgeous! :smiley:
    I'm going to comment on the rest as I already commented some from my WIP thread. :) It's so nice that you put a steampunk object on a chimney area. Landscaping is very beautiful too! Love the Zen garden. I also like the idea on using island counters to form a structure, as a wall trim. And your interior is super wonderful too! :smiley: Love the furnishing and even the MOO!
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    @TheMatteo0 Thank you, I have plenty of stuff these days, hope you like it! :smile:

@RyeCris16 Thanks for following the progress, I'm happy to have it finished finally. It definitely required some unique application of items so I'm happy you noticed :smile:
  • ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    The Spirited Away bathhouse is AMAZING! I love it!!!
  • PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Very impressive recreation, Cody :) I can tell you put a lot of effort into it!
    It looks spot on and it simply is another must have for me :)