Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show us your recent WIPs here!

Comments

• Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    @RyeCris16 - Thank you very much! I'm very pleased that you like the farmhouse, both the exterior and interior. I was a tad worried about hitting the mark due to the budget restraints (but that's part of the fun of BnS I guess!) but I think I just about managed it. Thank you for adding the build to your favourites and thank you for wishing me luck in the challenge!

@SpecterCody - Thank you very much! I'm very pleased that you like the build, in particular the landscaping (as it is certainly not one of my strong points).

@vethesims - Thank you too! It's very kind of you to say that the farmhouse is beautiful, I'm glad that you like it!

There are such beautiful builds on this thread. It's incredibly inspirational!

Now, I have a new WIP to share!

08-07-15_10-44nbspPM_zpsysrv2lt4.png

This build is still in the very early stages of development. The colours used are there to serve as a rough guide and I also need to move the build to a larger lot (the house is a lot bigger than it looks!). It will provide me with my first use of both the pool tool and hot tubs however. :smiley: Please let me know what you think!
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Your new WIP looks very nice! @Moodbeamy :) The design of the home is very nice! The three dormers give a nice look to the home. Very nice front porch! It looks nice that you have used open shutter windows, and the way you have placed them in sets of two looks nice. I hope that you enjoy using the pool tool in your build! Sims will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub in your home!
    I will look forward to the next update of your WIP :)
  • Options
    Unfug013Unfug013 Posts: 59 Member
    Thank you @rosemow :) You are such a nice Person here. Others are too but youre always there and helping out.

I'm still thinking how I can get this Roof a little bit better, i dont think i make an entrance up there but...it needs something more... as said before, i hate big Buildings. I never know how to fill all these blank space :D

@Moodbeamy I'm interested how you work it out. please keep us up to date :D
  • Options
    SpecterCodySpecterCody Posts: 602 Member
    @Unfug013 as a new member you unfortunately cannot address @rosemow and @Moodbeamy like I can as a member. Hopefully this gets their attention so they can see the reply. You can visit this page here to find out how the become a member http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know/p1
  • Options
    @Unfug013 as a new member you unfortunately cannot address @rosemow and @Moodbeamy like I can as a member. Hopefully this gets their attention so they can see the reply. You can visit this page here to find out how the become a member http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know/p1

It is okay @SpecterCody. We still get notified even though it doesn't appear in blue. It was very thoughtful of you to post though :) Thankyou!
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Thank you @rosemow and @SpecterCody! *group hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3

@pronterus Your WIP is looking very wonderful! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, very stylish, modern, and love that some rustic feel too! Very awesome helipad as well! Your landscaping is very beautiful! Very pretty garden out front and even at the rooftop too! :smiley:

@Unfug013 Your WIP is looking very amazing! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, Love that round decks you used on a balcony areas. Very awesome roofing too and even the trellis. Your pool area is very wonderful as well! :smiley:

@Moodbeamy Your WIP is looking very beautiful! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, very traditional and love that cape cod feel too! Very awesome roofing as well! :smiley:

I'm looking forward to seeing each of your finished builds! Thank you everyone for posting your inspiring WIPs here! :) Keep up the awesome work everyone! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    commeuneplumecommeuneplume Posts: 1,494 Member
    Good morning!

I've been working on this little English Cottage-style house. It's a 1-bedroom, 1 bath with a small study. It's on a 20x15 lot in Newcrest.

Exterior:
    08-08-15_10-29nbspAM_zps1omawy4a.png

Soon-to-a-garden-area:
    08-08-15_10-34nbspAM_zpslx88vfjb.png

STILL working on the hampton-inspired house too. It's just so big, i've hit a creative block and am fighting that urge to demolish :sweat_smile:

Everyone's WIP's are so beautiful!
    Avid TS3/TS4 player, wannabe storyteller, novice builder.
    Looking forward to seeing you around!
  • Options
    Unfug013Unfug013 Posts: 59 Member
    @commeuneplume
    That looks so nice and cozy...I like that planting Area and how you used that little fencing there. I want it to be finished :)
  • Options
    Unfug013 wrote: »
    @commeuneplume
    That looks so nice and cozy...I like that planting Area and how you used that little fencing there. I want it to be finished :)

@Unfug013 Thank you for your kind words. I'm play-testing it now. It's actually almost done! :smile:
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Warning: Pic Spam! :smiley:

Aaand it's done! :smile:

English Cottage: Gallery Link
    Inspiration Plan: Dream Home Source
    Price: $54,581
    BR: 1
    BA: 1
    Lot: 20x15

This English-Cottage style home is the perfect place for single, newlywed, or retired sims wanting to escape the hustle and bustle of city life! This charming cottage features 1 bedroom, 1 bath, and a study as well as a generous kitchen and living area. This lot also features a garden area, and mature oak tree to sit under and watch the fireflies. Let the winding garden path bring you home. #plumeplots #english #cottage #englishcottage #nocc #1bedroom #20x15 #newcrest #quaint #stone #garden #small #starter

It has been play-tested as well.

The gallery photos are :neutral: so I've posted some below for your viewing pleasure.

Exterior:
    08-08-15_12-28nbspPM_zpscmaqxify.png

Garden 1:
    08-08-15_12-28nbspPM-2_zpsmwzdinzw.png

Garden 2:
    08-08-15_12-29nbspPM-2_zpslntx3oxe.png

Living:
    08-08-15_12-30nbspPM-3_zpsgsgrp3k8.png

Study:
    08-08-15_12-31nbspPM-3_zps8ngia7w6.png

Bedroom:
    08-08-15_12-32nbspPM-3_zps0z27mvk5.png

Floorplan:
    08-08-15_12-59nbspPM_zpso4svxnk5.png
  • Options
    Soraya4simsSoraya4sims Posts: 223 Member
    edited August 2015
    Heey my modern Farm house is Done !!!!
    Check it out.

Name House : Modern Farm House
    Id : Bladian1
    #Soraya4sims

ht tp://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/B97577533DFA11E5855BD96F4F9AE966?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=soraya4sims&max=25

p.s

The 1ste on i uploaded was at nighttime i have on in day time as well

-------

Also have a nother WIP build.

Named ; Water House
    ID : Bladian1
    #Soraya4sims

ht tp://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/75F01B323DFC11E589C0D96F4F9AE966
    #Soraya4sims check out my videos on YouTube! YouTube.com/soraya4sims
  • Options
    English Cottage is very pretty! @commeuneplume :) The exterior design of the home is very nice! Very nice roofing! The flower box windows are very pretty! It looks so very nice how you have lined the edges of the home and the foot path edges with the flowers and plants! Very nice harvestable gardening nook! Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the planters there. It is nice that you have a gate leading to the garden nook. The bird bath is a nice touch beside the front porch. Very nice sitting area under the tree for sims to enjoy sitting resting in the outdoors air. The stone texture of the chimney looks nice. The gardening hose is a homely touch on the wall. The flowers on top of the porchway wall look nice there. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the home! The living and kitchen areas are very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa watching TV. It looks nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets and have done the fridge nook. The fruit bowl and utensils are nice home touches on the counter. Very nice study room! Sims will enjoy looking out through the windows at the views whilst sitting at the desk table using the computer or reading a book from the bookcase. The pictures and the files on the walls are nice touches in the room. The shoes rack looks homely in the bedroom.
    The home is very nice :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Modern Farmhouse is a very nice home! @Soraya4sims :) The A shape roofing is very nice! It looks very nice the type of and how you have placed the windows in the home! The walls in the front porchway nook look very nice how you have done them! The fencing is very nice! Very nice design of the exterior of the home.The flowers and plants look pretty how you have placed them along the front and side edges of the home. The dormer is nice. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The wooden flooring looks nice. Very nice red and brown colour scheme of the home. It looks nice how you have angled the dining table.

Your Water House WIP is looking very nice! :) Very nice design of the exterior! The type and placement of the windows looks very nice. Enjoy working on your build :)
  • Options
    vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    edited August 2015
    @commeuneplume your house looks really beautiful! I saw this plan you used as inspiration the other day and thought about building it! LOL I love building cottages and my current WIP is actually one! :)

@Soraya4sims your modern farm house is very cool! :)

As I mentioned above, my current WIP is a small cottage. I tried to build it similar to this plan, but like I always do the outside looks almost completely different from my inspiration! LOL The layout of the house is similar to the plan though. I just started building this house (it has no name yet, so I'm calling it small cottage for now) and only the front part is close to being done, so I'll show you all a pic:

wip_zpsuf7fpfng.jpg

Hope you guys like it and I'm open to suggestions! :)
    Post edited by vethesims on
  • Options
    Your cottage WIP is looking very nice! @vethesims :) The stone and the green colour of the exterior looks very nice. Very nice roofing and dormer! The covered over front porch looks nice. It looks very nice how you have done the fencing! The flowers in the front garden look so pretty!
    I will look forward to seeing further updates or your finished home :)
  • Options
    Thanks, @rosemow, I'm glad you like it! :) I'll post more pics soon!
  • Options
    @commeuneplume and @vethesims you have both posted such beautiful cottages! It's making me itch to build an English countryside retreat!

However I'm still progressing through my Georgian era. I've got a second WIP to share with you now! (I hit a bit of a brick wall with the first one but I'm sure I'll get back into it soon!)

08-09-15_7-45nbspPM_zpskv9squoh.png

I'll be honest, I'm not 100% happy with the frieze under the porch roof, it looks rather thick. I would much rather have used a trim, however, it seems that you can only build those on the bottom of walls, not the tops. :disappointed: I'm sure it'll grow on me once I start landscaping. Now that I've built the shell for the house I feel that it's very similar to one of my earlier builds, The Elizabeth. It shares many of the same features so I will have to work hard to distinguish this new build from the old!
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    SpecterCodySpecterCody Posts: 602 Member
    @vethesims Your home is looking so lovely! It looks like a small craftsman, the coloring and details are perfect :smile:
  • Options
    Your WIP is looking very nice! @Moodbeamy :) The design of the home looks very nice! Very nice front porch! It looks nice how you have used the columns. The chimney is a nice touch in the build.
    Enjoy working on your build!
  • Options
    @Moodbeamy your WIP is looking great, I'm sure when you start landscaping it will look even more beautiful! :)

@SpecterCody Thanks, I'm glad you like my WIP! :) Yeah, it was supposed to be a cottage, but with the amount of wood and stone I'm using in both the exterior and the interior it's really looking more like a craftsman styled house! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Thanks guys! @vethesims on the point of landscaping I've started to struggle with it (I think due to how much needs to be done, I want it too look very green around the house, as though it is in the middle of a suburban forest if that makes sense?) so I've moved on to the interior. I'm trying to keep it looking as much like a real Georgian home as I can. I've spent an hour wrangling with the landing (due to the roof/frieze glitch) but I've managed to get it almost open. Anyway, here's a shot of the living room, I hope you like it! :smiley:

08-10-15_12-58nbspAM_zpsjmr28ue3.png

tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    The living room is a very nice room for sims to enjoy sitting resting on the sofa in front of the fire! @Moodbeamy :) It looks very nice how you have placed the pictures on the wall! The positioning of the pictures looks very nice! They are nice for sims to see when sitting there, and give a nice look and feel to the room. The type of curtains that you have used looks nice. It looks nice how you have placed curtained windows either sides of the fireplace. The blue colour of the walls looks nice. The display shelves item is a nice touch in the corner of the room.
    The WIP is looking very nice! :)
  • Options
    @Moodbeamy I always start with the exterior of builds, but I often struggle with the landscaping and move on to the interior, leaving the landscaping for later! :) Your living room looks really beautiful!
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    English Cottage is very pretty! @commeuneplume :) The exterior design of the home is very nice! Very nice roofing! The flower box windows are very pretty! It looks so very nice how you have lined the edges of the home and the foot path edges with the flowers and plants! Very nice harvestable gardening nook! Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the planters there. It is nice that you have a gate leading to the garden nook. The bird bath is a nice touch beside the front porch. Very nice sitting area under the tree for sims to enjoy sitting resting in the outdoors air. The stone texture of the chimney looks nice. The gardening hose is a homely touch on the wall. The flowers on top of the porchway wall look nice there. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the home! The living and kitchen areas are very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa watching TV. It looks nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets and have done the fridge nook. The fruit bowl and utensils are nice home touches on the counter. Very nice study room! Sims will enjoy looking out through the windows at the views whilst sitting at the desk table using the computer or reading a book from the bookcase. The pictures and the files on the walls are nice touches in the room. The shoes rack looks homely in the bedroom.

@rosemow thank you for your kind words and support! It was a pleasure to build.
    vethesims wrote: »
    @commeuneplume your house looks really beautiful! I saw this plan you used as inspiration the other day and thought about building it! LOL I love building cottages and my current WIP is actually one! :)

@Soraya4sims your modern farm house is very cool! :)

As I mentioned above, my current WIP is a small cottage. I tried to build it similar to this plan, but like I always do the outside looks almost completely different from my inspiration! LOL The layout of the house is similar to the plan though. I just started building this house (it has no name yet, so I'm calling it small cottage for now) and only the front part is close to being done, so I'll show you all a pic:

wip_zpsuf7fpfng.jpg

Hope you guys like it and I'm open to suggestions! :)

@vethesims Your cottage is quite beautiful! I especially like the landscaping and exterior coverings!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top