Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(02/02/17) SpecterCody's Showcase - Rococo Retreat (pg.15)

Comments

• Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    You have a real talent for asian themed builds :) Kung Pao is brilliant and I like how tall it is!
    I am going to have a closer look at this in game. It might just be my simmies new favourite dining spot :)
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Love the exotic style of the build! Great colour combo and landscaping too! Fav'd!
  • Options
    SpecterCodySpecterCody Posts: 602 Member
    @Manssom I appreciate your compliment! Asian is quite a fun style and the new spa stuff opens some more possibilities, halfwalls do too! Thanks for stopping by :smile:

@yanti68 Thanks for always stopping by and leaving nice comments, it means a lot that you come by often :smiley:
  • Options
    Chateau Tournesol "A wealthy man built this impressive French mansion in the countryside for his sickly daughter, his little sunflower. Tragically, she passed away before its completion tasking him with selling this painful memory, for a low low price!"

I consider this my most extensive and intensive of builds to date. I tried very hard to do some new things here like create a very complex and asymmetrical layout using 45 degree rooms. I also went for a blend of themes: French manor and countryside for an impressive and austere yet with homey touches. I hope you all enjoy it!

It features the following:
    *Extensive gardens including arboretum and planter space
    *Grand foyer
    *Kitchen with dining nook
    *Formal dining room
    *Bar
    *Living room
    *Study
    *Hobby room
    *Guest suite with bathroom
    *Children's bedroom
    *Spare bedroom
    *Master suite with bathroom and walk-in closet
    *Indoor pool room
    *Various hallways

You can DOWNLOAD IT HERE

I may have missed something but you get the picture, big place! I have put together an ALBUM HERE to prevent spamming this page with excessive images. I will post a few below as a preview, enjoy!

5kvJIdI.png

tJXUsu7.png

zl2EeMY.png

ZBwpgvb.png

Thank you all for viewing, let me know what you think! :smile:

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Chateau Tournesol is a very grand mansion home! :) It is very sad that his sick daughter passed away. The design and layout of the home is so very nice! The roofing looks so very nice! The yellow and brown colour scheme of the exterior looks nice and sunny and the colours of the roofing and exterior walls complement each other well. The towers look very nice! Very nice outdoors areas! The gardens are so very nice! The sunflowers and other flowers look very nice on the front edges of the home! The flowers around the base of the water fountain in the front courtyard look very pretty! Very nice lilypad pond ! The fish fountain going into it is nice. The rocks look nice around the edge of it. It looks very nice how you have done the fencing and gates! Both the front and back outdoors areas are very nice! The flowers and plants look so nice how you have placed them on the edges of the home building! The trees look stately in the build. Very nice harvestable garden area! It looks very nice how you have set up the gardening boxes. Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants there. The backyard floral gardens and pond are so very pretty! Sims will enjoy sitting on the seat bench enjoy resting in the sunshine in such a nice floral setting! Very nice layout of the interior of the home! The furnishing of the rooms looks so elegant! It looks very nice the types of and how you have placed the curtains in the rooms! The indoor pool is very nice! The wall paneling in the rooms is very nice! Very nice golden colour scheme of the home! The design of the kitchen is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets! The sunflowers picture is a nice sunny sight on the kitchen wall. The sunflowers look very pretty on the kitchen counter and the top of the large table in the dining room for sims to enjoy seeing when dining or cooking. Very nice balcony areas! The sunflowers look very nice places either sides of the front door for sims to see as they enter the home.
    It is a very nice home! :) The gardens and outside areas, the design of the exterior, and the interior furnishings all look so very nice!
  • Options
    @rosemow Thank you rose! I wanted to create an interesting story for this home because I felt it had some character so I'm pleased it had the right effect of making you a bit sad, hopefully not too sad though! I am happy you like the color scheme because its not my usual palette and I wasn't so sure about it. I spent a long time creating the gardens so I'm also happy you enjoyed them so much. Thanks for another lovely comment! :smile:
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW! You are on the roll Cody! :D Another fabulous build! Stunning chateau! I adore that garden. Want to take a stroll around. Will be adding to my favourites when I visit the gallery. <3
  • Options
    vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    I haven't been to your thread in a while and WOW! You latest builds are fantastic!! I love your Miami builds, they're so beautiful! Kung Pao Palace and the Chateau Tournesol are amazing too!
  • Options
    @yanti68 Thank you yanti! It was a very time consuming build, definitely worth seeing the gardens in-game! :smile:

@vethesims I'm glad you like my latest work, I have definitely been spending way too much time on The Sims hehe, too much fun! :smiley:
  • Options
    @rosemow Thank you for letting me know! I am quite surprised and happy :smiley:
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited August 2015
    On my way out the door but wanted to leave a quick note about how much I love your builds! I DL'd a few this morning and will be exploring them in game. You are very talented and have a great eye for detail. I can't tell you how much I adore the South Beach one! Huge hugs to you. Oh, and congrats on the Maxis favorite!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Fantastic showcase with very magnificent builds, absolutely stunning work :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    @SpecterCody - Man! You've been busy! I think I gave a comment on the gallery about Kung Pao but I wanted to say that it is a great build. Love the colors, the flair, the design. It did remind me of a lantern even before you described it as one. I also love the height and the fact it gets bigger as it goes up...really draws the eye in that way. Great use of items to create the Chinese flair more than a Japanese one also!

I really like your Chateau. What I am learning about you as I look at your builds is that you aren't afraid of BOLD colors! You use them really well and in spot on places so the build doesn't get too monochromatic while still retaining an eye popping, attractive quality. LOVE your landscaping on that build too. Very detailed. The ivy was really well done too! Also, using the sunflowers throughout the build and taking that yellow with it really binds it all together.

I think I read on the builder's workshop thread you were open to constructive criticism. I have just a minor point of feedback, but as with all art, it is subjective. I just wanted to say that with the Chateau, the interior rooms seemed monochromatic with too much overall yellow and for me were missing that special SpecterCody bold color accent somewhere! It looked like you changed the colors of some of the drapes to a gold or lighter yellow but that could just be the lighting.

Can't wait for your next build!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    @suepea Thanks for stopping by! I'm really glad that you appreciate my work. Taking the time to look in-game is always the best option :smile: . Thanks for the congratulations as well :smiley:

@masajo Thanks for looking, glad you enjoyed my work :smile:

@Ash072 I'm happy you liked my Kung Pao Palace, its definitely an unusual build even for me! You are right on your assessment of the interior of the chateau. Its definitely more countryside and understated. I admittedly got lazy with that interior after how long the exterior took. I'll have to consider some more bold colors next time! Thanks for your in depth review and kind words! :smile:
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Millennium Falcon This famous space-faring vessel is now decommissioned and renovated for livability. Now your geekiest Sims can revel in all the Star Wars glory, complete with a Mos Eisley docking bay setting and bonus landspeeder. This recreation was very very tedious and I paid a lot of attention to detail and accuracy here. I am definitely very proud of this one! The lot is quite usable as a small house if you want.

*No custom content was used
    *Move objects cheat and enlarged objects used heavily, please place while in build mode with cheats on
    *Spa Day and Get To Work packs are ESSENTIAL
    *Playtested
    *Must see in-game!

You may DOWNLOAD IT HERE

FULL ALBUM HERE

Here are some preview pictures! :smile:

qCgmnc8.png

waK5WBw.png

5d0mlFL.png

iDwwOsM.png

Thank you so much for viewing, don't forget to leave a comment if you like it! :smiley:
  • Options
    vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    Wow, the Millennium Falcon looks so cool!! You did an amazing job with it!!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Your sims version of the Millenium Falcon looks very great! :) You have reflected it so well in simform! The exterior looks great! The satellite dish looks great on the top roofing! It looks very nice how you have done the building curved around the edges of the spaceship! The furnishing of the interior of the build looks great! The curved seats sitting nook is very nice! It looks great how you have used the piping in the build! The colours of the interior look great for a spaceship build. I don't know a lot about Stars Wars so I can't comment about the build too much but I googled pictures of it, and the exterior design of your build reflects it so well! :)
  • Options
    @vethesims Thanks for the nice comment, happy you like it! :smile:

@rosemow I'm glad that you appreciate the recreation aspect and that you looked into it even though you were unfamiliar. For many fans of scifi it is a very iconic space ship so I wanted to create it to my best ability. Thank you for your lovely comment rose :smile:
  • Options
    This is epic and EXTREMELY well done! Nice room design to make the back end seem so circular! Masterpiece. Especially with the Tatooine building in the back! I predict a high volume of favs and downloads for you on this build
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    @Ash072 Thank you I really appreciate that! I'm afraid it suffers from a vague gallery image though and that can spell disaster for a build. So far reception has been limited but very positive, which is still fine by me! :smile:

@rosemow Thank you rose for always being on top of things, I was surprised again with another! :smile:
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    @Ash072 Thank you I really appreciate that! I'm afraid it suffers from a vague gallery image though and that can spell disaster for a build. So far reception has been limited but very positive, which is still fine by me! :smile:

All my builds on the gallery suffer from the same thing except the two that are most downloaded which are the Oasis Museum of Fine Arts and Club Contrast. The others suffer from bad gallery photo syndrome. :neutral:

Or they just suck in the eyes of the general public! :smile:

5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    VOID*
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited August 2015
    Millennium Falcon is super creative and amazing! :smiley:
    I really like your architecture, especially the ship you created! Very reflective from the original very well! Very awesome bay area too! And your interior, super! Love that Sci-Fi feel and very awesome MOO too!
    I really love it! I'm not sure if I already faved it, but if not, I'm adding this to my faves! :smiley:

EDIT: Also, congrats on Midas Mini being faved by Maxis, that's very amazing! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16