Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

✦ Cbear's Creations ✦

Comments

• Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    So the ground floor is complete inside the house all except for the gym which will be accessed from outside near the pool.

Here is the view from above of the ground floor.
    07-23-15_5-52nbspPM.png~original

New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
    So back to the 2nd floor, sorry I am a bit all over the place with rooms I get ideas and then randomly go off to a completely different area lol.
    So on the 2nd floor the Relaxation room and a bathroom were complete and the Relaxation room looks into the 3rd floor pool through windows. The same with the living room on the 2nd floor.

Outside the Relaxation room is a games room

Games Room
    07-24-15_12-05nbspPM.png~original
    07-24-15_12-06nbspPM.png~original

You can see the front door entrance and also the stairs to the other levels, then past those is the living room

Living Room
    07-24-15_12-45nbspPM.png~original
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    So now that the 2nd floor is complete, I went back downstairs to do the gym.

Home Gym
    07-24-15_12-36nbspPM.png~original
    07-24-15_12-36nbspPM-3.png~original

At this point I had completely forgotten that we had saunas, so I had to find somewhere to put one.
    So with an outside entrance over near the pool I built the sauna with a bathroom attached.
    It was a bit hard to get pictures so I took an overhead view shot so you get the idea.
    Sauna and bathroom
    07-25-15_8-38nbspAM.png~original
    07-25-15_8-42nbspAM.png~original

The room looked a bit odd sitting there with such a small roof compared to the rest of the house so I decided to build a little garden sanctuary on the roof of the sauna.

Garden Sanctuary
    07-25-15_9-43nbspAM.png~original

Now with all the interior of the house done all that is left is the garden (my weakest talent) I have a couple ideas and hopefully I can make it look ok with the house. I really haven't worked on garden building much at all.
    Will update more as I go and can't wait to finish, please feel free to leave feedback good or bad.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    Pacific Cove is very nice! :) The exterior of the home is very nice. The furnishing and layout of each of your rooms looks so very nice! The relaxation room is very nice! The wall tiling is nice and it looks nice how you have placed the items on the counters and wall shelves. Sims will enjoy the nice aroma of the incense whilst bathing in the bath tub. The hanging robes on the wall and the candles on the counters are nice touches there. It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets in the second floor bathroom. The toiletries are nice touches on the counters. The butterflies wall picture is pretty for sims to see when coming to use the sink. The design of the pool area looks so very nice! The water fountain features, the waterfall windows, and the shape of the pool are so very nice! The hot tub island in the middle of the pool looks so very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the sculpture walls there, and the plants look very nice there. Sims will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub or resting on the sofa there poolside. The plants in the pool area look very nice! Very nice third floor pool, bar and outdoors living patio! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool, and enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. It is nice that you have a banquet table and a fountain there for sims to enjoy eating and drinking food and drinks from these items whilst sitting on the sofas, enjoying the sunshine. They will enjoy doing yoga there too. It looks nice how you have placed the sofas there. The entertainment room is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting on the sofas there watching the large screen TV or listening to the music from the musical instruments being played. Nice bar area for sims to enjoy sitting on the stools having a chat whilst having a drink. Sims will have fun dancing to the stereo music! The candles are nice touches on the tables in the room. Sims will enjoy looking at the restful sight of the fish in the aquarium whilst sitting on the sofa seats. Very nice furnishing and layout of the master bedroom! The stone texture of the walls looks very nice. Very nice armchairs and sofa fireplace sitting area! Sims will enjoy sitting resting there, warming up by the fire. The flowers look nice either sides of the dog sculpture, and are nice for sims to look at when sitting there. Very nice vanity table area! The clothes shelves and shoes racks are nice home touches either sides of the dresser and mirror. The blue and white patterned floor rugs adds to the nice look of the room. The master ensuite bathroom is very nice! The glass windowed bath tub alcove is very nice! The boys bedroom is very nice! The blue colour scheme of the room is nice and the animal toys look very cute there! Nice study desk area for sims to sit and do homework at. The corner windows armchair nook is nice for them to sit on the seats and enjoy the sunshine coming in onto them. I won't write about all the rooms but each of them are so very nice! Very nice design of the kitchen! It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets and the bar stool counter is nice for sims to sit at and enjoy eating a meal. The pantry is very nice! The dining room is a very nice area for sims to enjoy eating their meals. The type of ceiling lights that you have placed over the dining table looks nice. It looks nice that you have a long dining table there and have placed seats on the sides as well as at the ends of the table. Sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar after their meal. The sauna room is so very nice! It looks so very nice how you have placed the plants on the walls and the towels, candles and plants/rocks on the sauna! They are very nice for sims to see when sitting there. They will enjoy the nice aroma from the incense when in the room. Very nice rooftop garden sanctuary! It looks very pretty! Sims will enjoy sitting on the seat benches there, enjoying being outdoors in the sunshine, looking out at the views. The water feature in the middle of the patio looks nice.
    The home is very nice! :)
    Thankyou @rosemow for your kind words and I don't blame you for not commenting on every room there is so many haha, I never intended on it being so big but it just kept growing.
    Outdoor Entertaining Area
    This one took me a while to figure out what to put here as it was such a big open space, I hope this fits well.
    07-26-15_6-55nbspPM.png~original
    The outdoors entertaining area is very nice! :) The trellis covered outdoors sofa seats sitting and bar area is very nice! It looks nice how you have done the corner with the sofa seating. Sims will enjoy sitting chatting there in the outdoors air. It looks nice how you have angled the bar counter in the corner of the area. Very nice outdoors dining area for sims to enjoy sitting at the tables eating meals cooked on the BBQ or food and drink from the banquet table and fountain. The flowers on the tables are nice touches for the sims to see whilst dining. The roof covered outdoors kitchen BBQ area is nice.
    It is a very nice area for sims to enjoy having a party outdoors. :)
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    You have a lovely showcase with beautiful builds! I don't know how you manage to finish all your challenge entries on time, lol. :o I am a Very slow builder, lol :p

I love how you're finishing your new modern! Although it is a huge home, you are doing a wonderful job decorating the interior. The navy and white are gorgeous together. The pool area with the hot tub is Fabulous! And I really Love your outdoor entertaining area. :)
  • SpecterCodySpecterCody Posts: 602 Member
    Pacific cove is looking great! The exterior is a tad plain but the interior decorating is look very well done. You really used objects to the fullest.

Some advice for the exterior: Modern homes tend to focus on different textures and shapes that contrast in an interesting way.

Here is an example: modern-house-designs-.jpg

You can get away with some weird stuff with moderns, doesn't have to just be solid white cube with big windows. Notice the structure of solid concrete how it feels likes a separate entity. The house feels like a few different rectangular prisms merged into each other. The wooden slats create great textures to break up the big glass windows. This is just one example of how you can approach a modern home. Keep up the great work, hope this helps!
    @WrathofCath thankyou so much, I try to get my comp entries done early so I dont run out of time or rush them to get them in last minute. So far its worked lol but will see if I can keep it up haha
    I can't wait to get my current build finished just have to finish the exterior and landscaping and its done big achievement for me I haven't built anything so big before.

Hi @SpecterCody, thanks for the tips I haven't actually finished the exterior I just put up the shell and some fountains out the front then started on the inside. I am very new to the building side so thankyou for the advice with the textures, I know it needs to be spruced up a bit as it is plain looking from the front I haven't quite figured out how I am going to do that. I also realise I have a large front patio area that I haven't worked out what I am going to put on it to fill it up yet hehe.
    The different textures sounds like a great idea will see what I can come up with. Thankyou again every bit of advice helps
    edited June 2016
    Under Renovation: Challenge 8
    Link to the Under Renovation Challenges
    This challenge was soooo much fun, similar to a container challenge we had 8 - 8x12 blocks to work with. I wanted to make something impressive to look at and tall, I was so excited about this one I couldn't turn the game off and spent a few very late nights on it.
    I named it Majestic Oasis Apartments, majestic meaning impressive or beautiful in a dignified or inspiring way (hopefully I pulled that off) and Oasis because I built this in Oasis Springs.
    Budget for this comp was 350k.
    Gallery Link to Majestic Oasis Apartments
    1%20Majestic%20Oasis%20Apartments.png
    I designed these as new fully furnished apartments ready to be rented, there is even a advertising out the front to let people know they are now available. Each level of apartments mirror image themselves. Also each apartment comes with 1 parking space for their car.
    So first floor is 1 bedroom apartments:
    1st%20floor%20apartments.png
    The 2nd floor are 2 bedroom apartments:
    5%202nd%20Floor%20Apartments.png
    The 3rd floor are 2 bedroom apartments also:
    5%203rd%20Floor%20Apartments.png

The 4th floor has a fully equipped gym and also a meditation/yoga room:
    4%20Gym.png
    Meditation%20yoga%20room.png

The roof top has a large pool and spa, also plenty of seating and a bbq for those apartment parties or for any resident wishing to entertain guests.
    2%20Rooftop%20Pool.png

On the ground floor there is also a smaller pool for residents:
    3%20Ground%20Pool.png

Hope you all like I had an amazing time doing this challenge, if you have any feedback please don't hesitate to comment good or bad all helps me learn.

YAY I won Challenge 8
    Thankyou to @zita1966z for her wonderful competition cant wait to do more.
    9mPSHAG.jpg

Judges Feedback:
    Majestic Oasis Apartments - The exterior design really impressed. Using the Urbanity wall paint with the black was so clever and it paid off to complete the exterior look. The overall design off the build resembles apartments well. Landscaping, parking area and the walkways is so nice.
    The choice of balcony fencing looked great and we liked the signage illustrating the name of the building. Your blueprints for each floor's apartments was fabulous and we loved the unity created by having them as mirror images of one another. We loved that the kitchens on each floor mirrored one another and it really felt like we were walking through an apartment building. Nice and realistic size rooms. Loved the top floor commune area, room for meditating and gym area. The roof top area was gorgeous with a pool and relaxation areas for your sims renting apartments. Great job here and Congrats on winning Challenge 8!

Critique: You did have all the elements we were looking for and even though each floor had a color theme in its apartments, we would have liked to see every apartment with its own personality. Even Though we did mention the exterior color as a good choice, we would like to mention that maybe a mix of lighter shades and texture would have really made the whole building pop.
    Post edited by Cbear13 on
    I will repost here what I wrote in the challenge thread.
    Majestic Oasis Apartments is very nice! :) The design of the exterior looks so very great! Very nice curved fencing balconies! The green colour of the exterior looks nice and the type of and placement of the windows creates a very effective and nice look! It looks very nice how you have placed plants on each side on the windows of each balcony patio, and that you have a table and chair for sims to enjoy sitting there looking out at the very nice outdoors views! The layout of the build is very nice! The water fountains feature in the front of the build and the flowers in the middle courtyard area looks so very, very pretty! It is very creative that you have a for sale eclipse pattern notice board outside the front of the build! Very nice rooftop patio! Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool or relaxing in the hot tub. It looks nice how you have set up the umbrella covered tables for sims to enjoy sitting at the tables eating meals that they have cooked on the grills. It will be a very nice community meeting and dining area. Nice armchairs sitting area for sims to enjoy relaxing on the seats having a chat and a drink from the bar. The smaller pool area where you have used the waterfall windows looks very nice! The design of the area is very nice! The round water balls look very nice on the flowers islands. The grey and blue colour scheme of the gym is very nice. It looks nice how you have set up the various gym equipment there for sims to enjoy using the equipment to keep fit. The patterned floor rugs add nice looks to the room. It is nice that you have a sofa seats sitting area for sims to enjoy sitting and resting after doing training. They will enjoy the sunlight coming in through the windows whilst they are keeping fit there. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the apartments!
    The meditation and yoga room is very nice as well! The colour scheme is very restful! It looks nice how you have placed the stools for sims to quietly sit and meditate. They will enjoy the nice aroma of the incense whilst sitting there. It looks very nice how you have done the tiled wall separating off the yoga and meditation areas! Sims will enjoy looking out through the windows whilst doing yoga.
    The build is very nice! :)
  • afiery1afiery1 Posts: 56 Member
    Lots of wonderful work. I especially love the Adams Family and Charlize Theron's homes.
    Thanks @afiery1, The Adamms Family one was my first comp to enter I had no idea what I was doing hehe
    edited June 2016
    4Sims4 Builder's Contest 6 "Love Nest"
    Link to the 4Sims4 Builder's Contests
    My Sims story for this contest:
    Ashlynn is a famous author, a romantic at heart and a bit of a snob but hey she has worked hard to get where she is so why not be a little stuck up. Archer is a musician, another romantic who loves to write and sing love songs and he is also a huge lover of books. His favourite author is Ashlynn, after first falling in love with her books he just had to meet this woman who captured his heart through her words.
    He found out she was doing a meet and greet book signing at the famous high class wedding reception lounge called "Royale Receptions".
    Everything about this place was perfect after all it is the place where Archer met the love of his life Ashlynn.
    Archer captured Ashlynn's attention that day by playing his most famous love song on their grand piano and that was were it all started.
    After a few months of dating Archer decided to arrange a very special date with Ashlynn back at their favourite place (the place where they first met) Royale Receptions.
    After an amazing lunch they decided to take a walk out by the gorgeous romantic pool, Archer got down on one knee and proposed.
    After a few moments of suspenseful silence she finally said yes and it was there that they both decided this was the place they were to be married.
    Both being huge romantics at heart, Royale Receptions is the very meaning of romance. Not to mention that they can get married, have the reception with all their closest family and friends and also spend their honeymoon here in their grand honeymoon suite.
    What could be a better destination to start their lives together forever.
    The Royale Receptions is high class with modern feel, Ashlynn discovered the place originally when she wrote an article for the local paper and just fell in love. Archer was so inspired after his first visit here, that he wrote his best songs yet. The romance just oozes from the walls in this place.
    ASHLYNN & ARCHER LANDERS
    Gallery Link to The Landers
    Ashlynn%20and%20Archer.jpg
    ROYALE RECEPTIONS:
    Gallery Link to Royale Receptions
    1_1.png
    Reception Room:
    08-02-15_8-16nbspAM.png
    Restaurant and bar:
    08-02-15_8-17nbspAM.png
    2nd floor lounge and bathrooms:
    08-02-15_8-19nbspAM.png
    Honeymoon Suite:
    08-02-15_8-22nbspAM.png
    5_1.png
    Romantic Pool and Wedding Ceremony Room:
    6_1.png

YAY I WON THIS COMPETITION
    So happy to have one this competition I had so much fun building this
    Judges Feedback:
    Pammiechick’s thoughts: Wow! What an amazing, gorgeous build! And it suited your couple perfectly. I loved all the special touches and you even had a his and hers set of bathrooms! Well done! The outside wedding arch area was breathtaking. It was a beautiful ceremony (only I wish they’d fix the sims to actually sit and watch a wedding!) I liked that you put the kitchen in the basement but for playability, the cook didn’t find it for some reason. Maybe it just needs to be in plain sight. I don’t know, but everything else went off well! I felt like it was the perfect southern mansion for your snobby sims.
    Post edited by Cbear13 on
    I will repost here what I wrote on the challenge thread, and some more.
    Ashlynne and Archer are very nice sims! @Cbear13. It was very nice reading the background details about them, how they met and why they decided to have their wedding there. You have put so much work into their background story! It is a nice touch how Archer has the same colour in his suit pocket as what Ashlynne is wearing.
    The exterior design of Royale Receptions is so very nice! :) The roofing is very nice! Very nice wraparound balconies and porches! Very nice tables and chairs sitting areas on them for sims to enjoy the nice outdoors views whilst sitting there. The flowers are nice touches on the tables and the plants look great near each of the tables. The flowers look very pretty along the edges of the front porch and the front pathway! The looks so nice the types of windows that you have used and how you have placed them in the build! Very nice pool area! It is a very nice place for the wedding proposal to take place! The large water fountains, rocks and flowers look very nice on the edges of the pool. The couple look very nice in their wedding outfits exchanging bows under the wedding arch! The enlarged flowers vases look very pretty placed either sides of the wedding arch. The waterfall windows look very nice as a background in the wedding area.The furnishing of the reception area room is very nice! The colour scheme is very pretty! The balloons and streamers look very celebratory on the walls! The wall tiling looks nice, and the curtains look very stylish and elegant! It looks very nice how you have set up the round tables and chairs for sims to enjoy sitting and dining at! The sims will enjoy eating food and having drinks from the fountain and banquet table. The red flowers on the tables are very pretty for sims to enjoy seeing when sitting dining there. It is nice that you have a special table for the bride and groom to sit at. The type of seats that you have used in the room looks very nice and suits the type of build very well. The vases of flowers add to the very nice feel and look of the room. The hot tub alcove room is very nice. The candles and rocks/plants on the tables are very nice for sims to see when in the tub.
    The wedding ceremony gazebo is so very nice! The trellis roofing and the flowers on the edges of the roofing looks so very pretty! It looks nice how you have set up the white elegant chairs for the wedding guests to enjoy sitting on and watching the marriage ceremony. The restaurant and bar room is very nice! The wooden flooring adds a nice look to the room. The flowers on the tables are nice for sims to see whilst they sitting there enjoying having a drink from the bar. The menu boards, drink display shelves, condiments and bottles are nice touches on the wall and counters in the room. It looks very nice how you have placed the sofas facing each other in the corners of the second floor lounge level.
    The venue and sims are so very nice! :)
    Thankyou @Rosemow I am so happy with how it turned out
    Plan to Build - Round 3
    Link to the Plan to Build Competitions
    Budget allowed: 90,000
    Plans:
    fdhz35om6bzl.png~original

The Ashville:
    Gallery Link to The Ashville
    08-03-15_7-07nbspPM.png~original
    08-03-15_7-10nbspPM.png~original
    08-03-15_7-09nbspPM.png~original

I feel my weakest point is gardens so I hope this looks ok:
    08-04-15_4-45nbspPM.png~original
    The Ashville is a very nice home! :) The design of the exterior is very nice! The roofing is very nice! The sun decor over the top of the front door is nice for sims to see when coming to enter the home. The brick texture of the roofing looks nice. It looks very effective how you have placed the square panels on the sides of the front windows! The flowers look very pretty how you have placed them on the front edges of the home! The front porch alcove is nice! Very nice wraparound porch! Sims will enjoy sitting at the table or on the seat bench, enjoying the outdoors views. It looks nice the type of fencing that you have used for the porch. The layout of the sim home reflects well the plan that you were required to reflect! The furnishing of the home is very nice! The open plan kitchen and dining room is very nice! Very nice brown colour scheme of the room. The wall texture is nice. The island bar stool counter looks nice how you have angled it! The fruit bowl is a nice kitchen touch on the counter. The study desk nook is very nice! The books, tissues and photo on the shelf are nice home touches, Sims will enjoy sitting there using the computer. The sunflowers picture on the wall is nice for sims to look at whilst cooking and dining in the room. The candles and rock/plants look pretty on the wall counter .The back patio and back garden area is so very nice! The plants and flowers look very nice how you placed them in corners there, against the hedge fencing! The plants are nice touches either sides of the seat bench. The seat bench, and the table seating on the back porch are nice areas for sims to enjoy the nice views of the flowers and being out in the outdoors air.
    The home is very nice :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Nice showcase! I especially like the interiors! :)
    Thankyou @yanti68 trying to experiment more with them and learning new things all the time
    Pacific Cove Update:

Finally got some time to work on the garden which is the last thing I needed to do to finish this lot.
    Feedback would be wonderful for the garden as I feel its my weakest area, I have been looking around for ideas though I didnt want to over clutter it.

08-05-15_10-06nbspAM.png~original
    08-05-15_10-09nbspAM.png~original
    08-05-15_10-09nbspAM-2.png~original

I just have to go over everything and decide if the garden looks right and then it is finally complete and I will put it up on the gallery
    The garden areas look so very nice! :) It looks very nice how you have done the pathway with the placement of the plants on the edges of it. The pond is very nice! The rocks look nice on the edges of it, and the water fountain feature is very nice for sims to enjoy looking at when sitting on the seat bench there. The lily pads are pretty in the water. It looks nice how you have used hedging for the edges of the garden areas. The harvestable garden alcove is very nice! It looks nice how you have placed the garden boxes there with the birdbath in the middle. Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants there. The gnome looks cute! The flower cart is nice for sims to see whilst gardening. It looks nice that you have a gate that leads through to the plants garden. The seat benches sitting garden is very pretty! The flowers look very nice how you have placed them on the sides of the garden area and they are very pretty around the base of the vase in the middle of the area! It is a very nice place for sims to enjoy resting outdoors in the air.
    I hope that your finishing of the home goes well. :)
    Thankyou @rosemow

My last dilemma, the exterior need opinions on this good or bad. Is it to hmm whats the word.... boring or too white?
    Am I just being over picky or does it need something different, not sure whether I should just change the whole exterior color.

08-05-15_10-55nbspAM.png~original
    Grey exterior just to show a different perspective

08-05-15_11-03nbspAM.png~original

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top