Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ryan's Lots & Rooms - p48 - New Lot - Springy Gardens (Finally Back)

Comments

• yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    YAY! Congrats on the Maxis fav! You deserve it! It is a fantastic build! Hugs <3
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    The birthday cake in the shape of a house is very nice! Cath! :) It would be a very special cake for the birthday of a simmer!
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    Happy Belated Birthday Ryan XD And Grats on Maxis Fav! (Cath I'm stealing that cake and building it! (rofl)
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    @rosemow Thank you Rose! I did enjoyed using these three packs! ;) I already used them in my current build and I'm almost done with the interior. I haven't worked on the exterior as I don't know what should I fill with it. :( Sigh, but oh well! Thanks also for complementing on Cath's cake picture that she posted, you're very lovely and thoughtful, Rose! :blush: Thanks again! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3

@WrathofCath Hey Cath, it's so grateful to see you again! Thank you for the comments, congrats, and even the Birthday greetings! :smiley:

I'm glad that you liked the laundry room! When I saw your styled room, I saw you credited lynnlynn69 for the idea, so I came to credit her too! ;) Also, I'm glad that you bunny room! I owe the pictures on tree branches idea from @Chris2fer03, which you found from his very cute Ladybug Kids Bedroom. And to be honest, I don't think about the chocolate bath that I created, can you please tell me where? Anyway, glad that you like the rest too! :)

Also, thanks for the Birthday greetings and even the cake! I'll take it and use it as house inspiration for my next Victorian build, hehe! ;) Again, a big thank you for stopping by and for the very kind comments. I'm glad to see you again! *big hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3<3<3

@yanti68 Thank you Yanti! I'm so excited and happy to receive another Maxis' favorite! :blush: And not because of you, Sampaguita Estate won't be a feature. Thanks again! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3

@PersRealmsShadow Hello, thank you for the first visit here and for the lovely comments! Thanks also for the congrats and even the Birthday greetings! :) And LOL about Cath's cake! :p How about let's take it half, haha! ;) Anyway, thanks again! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    edited April 2017
    Oh, I'd been ignoring this thread! I'm so sorry showcase thread! :flushed: Anyways, hello again my Simming friends! I am back for a new lot to share! :)
    Unfortunately, it's not my bungalow build that I'm currently working on. I was just caught an attention on this challenge in Bns, so I took a break from it. As my challenge lot, this one is a cottage-styled house with a modern interior where the brief tells.
    This is my second official Build n Share entry after Crimson Crest, so enjoy! :smiley:

Lot #18: Sunshine Smiles
    Lot Size: 20X15
    Lot Type: Residential
    Required Contents: Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day
    You can download this lot here.

Lot Features:
    >Sunshine Smiles is a cozy Summer-themed tiny cottage with a stylish modern interior. Perfect for a couple. It has one bedroom and one bathroom.
    >As the brief tells, Julie likes a cottage style home, while Taylor prefers more modern finishes. So I built a tiny cottage with a modern interior.
    >Inside only includes an open plan area, a bathroom, and a bedroom. A covered patio area is an outdoor dining area, and a backyard has a beautiful garden where a Sim can do meditation, with two planter boxes on the right side and an outdoor seating on the left side.
    >This lot costs §29,272. I also fits perfectly for the new world called Newcrest.

Builder's Major Challenges:
    >One building challenge so far is the interior space. As the brief tells that the interior won't exceed 50 squares, this made us more challenging to manage the furnishing of the house. :scream: But thankfully, we can do wild at the exterior, whew! :sweat_smile:

Tags: #cozy #small #tiny #micro #stylish #summer #sunshine #modern #cottage #couple #newcrest #buildnewcrest #nocc #moo #playtested #RyeLots #karamustafa #buildnshare #buildnshare23 #BnS23
    Screenshots:
    01_zpspqatyeas.png
    02_zpsg3coofsg.png
    More pictures here.

Warning: Frames from Sim-made photos and paintings don't transfer. I used it in picture taking for impression.
    Note: Please do not re-upload, I'd been stolen before. Thank you. :)
    I hope you like it! :)
    Post edited by RyeCris16 on
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Oh! @RyeCris16 Sunshine Smiles is adorable. Love the yellow. Fabulous build!
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Sunshine smiles is so cute!! The yellow is fitting and suits this adorable little build! The layout is wonderfully done and I love the little water feature you created in the back!! <3
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
    Sunshine Smiles is very nice! :) It looks very nice and pretty! The name of the build is very nice! Very nice exterior design of the home! The roofing is very nice, and the open shutter flower box windows are pretty! The awnings are a nice touch over the front door. It looks nice how you have placed the chimney on the side of the home. The hedging looks nice how you have placed it on the edges of the home. Very nice backyard areas! Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the garden boxes. The meditation area is so very nice! The flowers and water fountain feature there look so very pretty! Sims will enjoy sitting meditating on the stools, enjoying the very nice calming setting! The floor rug pattern under the stool looks nice. Very nice seat bench sitting area for sims to enjoy looking at the flowers whilst resting in the sunshine. The birdbath is a nice touch there. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The coat and hat stand beside the front door is homely. The window bath tub alcove is very nice! Sims will enjoy sunshine coming in through the windows whilst bathing there. The lemon colour scheme of the room looks nice. Very nice bedroom! It looks nice how you have placed the curtains on the bedhead window. Sims will enjoy sunlight coming in to the room whilst laying in bed. The colour scheme is restful and the wall pictures add a nice touch in the room. The yellow colour of the kitchen and hallway walls looks sunny and nice. Sims will enjoy looking through the kitchen windows whilst waiting for the meals to cook. Very nice living room nook! The TV window alcove is nice! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa there watching TV, reading a book and enjoy listening to the radio music. The orange circles floor pattern add a nice look to the area. The wooden flooring in the home is nice. Nice outdoors dining area on the back patio. Sims will enjoy eating meals at the table outside in the air.
    The home is very nice :)
    Thank you @Cassee! Glad that you liked the yellow, my core goal on building Summer-themed lots. :) *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3

Thank you @Tiki5872 for the cute review on Sunshine Smiles! I'm also glad that you liked the yellow and even the water feature. I got an issue regarding on budget, since it was my challenge build, but glad this one worked very well! :) Anyway, thanks again! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3

As always, thank you so much @rosemow for such a detailed and lovely comments! I really loved reading your comments, they are so thoughtful! :blush: There should be a The Sims Awards, and you should be awarded as the Most Friendliest Simmer Award, ha! ;) Anyway, thanks again, so lovely of you! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    I Love this adorable little home, Rye! <3 I didn't even realize that it was for Build-n-Share at first. :blush: Nice warm color choices for the interior and very nicely laid out. The back yard is a tiny oasis! I Love the water feature you created! Best of luck in the challenge, my friend! :)<3
  • PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    I am seeing so many cute homes at the moment and this is no exception :)
    I honestly don't know what else to say about it ^_^
    edited July 2015
    I Love this adorable little home, Rye! <3 I didn't even realize that it was for Build-n-Share at first. :blush: Nice warm color choices for the interior and very nicely laid out. The back yard is a tiny oasis! I Love the water feature you created! Best of luck in the challenge, my friend! :)<3
    Thank you @WrathofCath and no worries! :sweat_smile: Remember my gallery comment on your Just the Two of Us? I was thought it was a starter home. When I read your description and I realized that it was for Build-n-Share, so I felt embarrassed. :flushed: Yeah, it's because I'm using the Gallery mobile app, so we're even. :) Anyway, Glad that you liked the color and even the backyard area. And thanks for the good lucks too. Best lucks to you as well my dear friend, even though we're in different level. ;) *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3
    Manssom wrote: »
    I am seeing so many cute homes at the moment and this is no exception :)
    I honestly don't know what else to say about it ^_^
    Thank you @Manssom! :) Glad that you found this as cute! I should put #cute in the description, since everyone is also found as cute, hehe! :sweat_smile: And no worries, even though you don't know what else to say, it's still a complement for me! :) Thanks again my friend, very kind of you! :) *bro hugs* :smiley:

@masajo I already left you a message on your wall, but I still wanna say thank you for nominating Sunshine Smiles on rec thread! That was very kind of you my dear friend and I'm glad that you liked my BnS build! :blush: *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3
    edited April 2017
    Hello my Simming friends! After I took a break from this build for a BnS build, I'm back for a new lot build to share! :)
    As for my next build, it is a ranch-styled craftsman bungalow with a cozy rustic and wooden feel! With Spa Day game pack and Perfect Patio stuff pack, I can build a home spa for this lot.
    Since it's a bungalow, this is my first entry for Ryan's Cottages and Bungalows Vol. 1. Enjoy!

Lot #19: Old Graham Cottage
    Lot Size: 40X30
    Lot Type: Residential
    Required Contents: Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Perfect Patio
    You can download this lot here.

Lot Features:
    >Old Graham Cottage is a cozy ranch-styled craftsman bungalow with some Country but luxury feel. Perfect for a family, but also elders-friendly. It has three bedrooms and one bathroom.
    >Everything in this house is one story without electricity, with an exception of lightning and a radio. From the entrence, you'll discover an open plan living area with a study and a storage area. There's a grill patio outside it. Also, near the entrance, there's a main bathroom.
    >From the hallway, there's a luxurious home spa that includes a massage table and a sauna beside it. There's also a bedroom. It can be either for teens or for guests.
    >And from the right side, you'll discover an office nook complete with a study, a chessboard, and a massage chair for those who needs to relax. There's a window to see the beuatiful aquariums, ha! ;) Also including a meditation are where the office nook is between.
    >And the remaining bedrooms are the kid's bedroom (in blue bunny-fantasy themed) and a master's bedroom, with an en-suite bath.
    >Outside is the bar patio with a hot tub. And the back side of the house has an apple farm where Sims can harvest apples, and a fishing lake that can be swimmed too, haha! ;)
    >This lot costs §184,537 (§189,883 is the real lot price as the game didn't count the paintings and children's drawings). I also fits perfectly on Newcrest.

Builder's Major Challenges:
    >One major challenge is the architecture. Not obviously, I tried so many bungalow inspirations, but I was struggled with the interior floor plan, so I scrapped so many times! Sigh but I'm glad this one worked very well! Whew! :relieved:
    >Another one is filling the exterior! Not much of a major, but since I'm targeting it to have some country feel, I don't know what should I add with it. But thankfully, two of my friends (listed in credits) managed to help me by adding some country-styled landscaping touches, such as a farm and a pond. Thanks my friends! *group hugs* :smiley:

Credits:
    * This Houseplan - for the inspiration that I used in my build and I added my own touches and design.
    * @Brennachan - for her very clever pools and fishing spot combo by placing a debug fishing sign beside a pool/pond, found from The Fishing Shack.
    * @BryonyRae - for her very helpful Basement Spaces Tutorial. I did this on creating a waterfall without the end tables being dropped, whew! :sweat_smile: I'm also crediting her for the waterfall idea by using numerous spraying fountain jets, found from Moody Blues.
    * Someone else - for the use of wall cabinets in kitchen idea. I know someone came up with that idea, but I'm not sure whose idea is this? :'(
    * @Chris2fer03 & @Vihisha - for helping me how should I fill the exterior! :) I actually asked for help on Twitter. Thanks again my friends, very kind of you both! *group hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3<3<3

Tags: #cozy #rustic #onestory #traditional #country #ranch #craftsman #bungalow #cottage #house #home #elders #family #spa #farm #pond #lake #newcrest #buildnewcrest #nocc #moo #debug #playtested #RyeLots #karamustafa
    Screenshots:
    The Inspiration:
    DGG698-FR-PH-CO-LG_2.JPG

The Build:
    01_zpsmngwcdjk.png
    02_zpsgvztvc0g.png
    More pictures here.

Note: Frames from Sim-made paintings and photos don't transfer. I used them in picture taking for impression. Thank you! :)
    Note: Please do not re-upload, I'd been stolen before. Thank you. :)
    I hope you like it! :)
    Post edited by RyeCris16 on
  • SpecterCodySpecterCody Posts: 602 Member
    I like your cottage, it looks so cozy. It reminds me of something an old couple might live in without being tacky or kitschy. You did a good job with the landscaping and interior. :smile:
    Old Graham Cottage is a very nice home! :) The exterior of the home is very nice! Very nice roofing! The stone and wooden texture of the exterior of the home looks very nice. It looks nice how you have placed pegs on the exterior. The planter box window dormer is nice.Very nice backyard area! The orchard of Apple fruit trees looks nice! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel in the sunshine. The pond/pool is so very nice! It looks so very pretty how you have placed the flowers and rocks around the edges of the pond! The water fountain feature is very nice! Sims will enjoy swimming and fishing there.Very nice front areas of the home! It looks nice how you have used the hedge fencing and arch. The flowers looks nice on the edges of the home. Very nice corner seat bench sitting nook! Sims will enjoy sitting resting there with the nice sight of the flowers for them to look at. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The wall pattern in the hallway is nice. The wooden texture of the flooring through the home looks nice. It looks very nice how you have used the spandrels in the archway between the hallway and living room. Very nice open plan living, dining and kitchen areas. The living room is very nice! Nice sofa seats fireplace sitting area for sims to enjoy sitting chatting there, reading a book from the bookcase and warming up near the fire. The rabbit, eggs, and vase on the fireplace ledge, the mounted fish on the wall and the tissue box on the coffee table are nice home touches there. The wall paneling is very nice. Very nice windows study desk area! Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst sitting at the desk table using the computer. The fruit crates look great in the corner nook. Very nice design of the kitchen! The kitchen cabinets look nice how you have placed them there. The condiments are a nice kitchen touch on the bar stool counter, and the hanging pots look homely over the counter. The dining room area is very nice! The circles floor pattern under the table adds a nice look to the area. The fruit bowl on the table is a nice touch there. Sims will enjoy looking out through the dining room windows whilst eating their meals. It is nice that you have an outdoors porch area where sims can enjoy cooking on the BBQ and eating meals outdoors in the air at the stone textured picnic table. The vase of flowers and yellow flowers picture in one of the bathrooms are nice for sims to see whilst they are bathing in the bath tub. Very nice home spa! The wooden texture of the walls looks nice, and the hanging robes are a nice touch there. Sims will enjoy having a relaxing massage on the table. The bamboo items look nice there. It looks very nice how you have placed the wall decor from Perfect Patio pack on the sauna walls. The candles and towels are nice touches on the sauna edges for sims to see when resting there. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! Sims will like waking up to the sunny sight of the sunflowers picture on the bedhead wall in the double bedroom. Very nice office nook! It looks nice how you have angled the study desk table there. The postcard board on the wall and the vases of flowers and the clock on the side table are nice home touches there. Sims will have fun playing chess on the chess table in the room. Very nice meditation and yoga room! Sims will enjoy looking at the aquarium fish whilst sitting on the stools meditating or doing yoga on the mats. The blue rabbit and bunny wall prints in the kids bedroom look cute! Very nice hot tub and bar patio! Sims will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub or enjoy a drink from the bar. The sparkles look pretty around the edge of the hot tub.
    The home is very nice :)
    I like your cottage, it looks so cozy. It reminds me of something an old couple might live in without being tacky or kitschy. You did a good job with the landscaping and interior. :smile:
    Than you @SpecterCody! I'm glad you stopped-by on my thread! :) Yes, it was also elders-friendly. Also, I'm glad that you liked my landscaping and interior too! I was struggled with an interior a while ago, since I can't think of a better floor plan, but glad it worked out very well. :relieved: Thanks again, very kind of you! *bro hugs* :smiley:

@rosemow Once again, you really are the loveliest, kind, and supportive person in The Sims. Thank you very much for such a detailed and lovely comment on my build! You really brighten our day! :smiley: *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3
  • XLiveleXXLiveleX Posts: 103 Member
    Hello my dear rye :) i sea two new houses. Your "Sunshine Smilies" let me smile. :D It looks very charming and i like the little pond in the garden.
    Your "Old Graham Cottage" is also charming and beautiful. The front garden is pretty. And it has a cozy interior. :)
    vznoomeo24.jpg
    Origin ID: Livele
    My showcase
  • Ginzu19Ginzu19 Posts: 239 Member
    Loving your Old Graham Cottage, the planted trees in the backyard are such a sweet detail! I think you totally get the country feel, specially with the materials you used in the facade and that lovely pond you made!
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Your last two cottages are adorable! Lovely design and the landscaping looks perfect for the style of build. Will be adding to my favourites when I visit the gallery. :)
    XLiveleX wrote: »
    Hello my dear rye :) i sea two new houses. Your "Sunshine Smilies" let me smile. :D It looks very charming and i like the little pond in the garden.
    Your "Old Graham Cottage" is also charming and beautiful. The front garden is pretty. And it has a cozy interior. :)
    Thank you @XLiveleX for the like on my two cottages! Glad you liked the pond in Sunshine Smiles! They are fountains, because it looks cheaper than the pool. :) And thanks also for the comment on Old Graham Cottage. I got struggled a while back with filling the exterior space, but I'm glad someone is managed to help me via Twitter! :sweat_smile: Thanks guys! And again, thank you for stopping-by and taking a peek on my latest builds! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3
    Ginzu19 wrote: »
    Loving your Old Graham Cottage, the planted trees in the backyard are such a sweet detail! I think you totally get the country feel, specially with the materials you used in the facade and that lovely pond you made!
    Thank you @Ginzu19 for the wonderful review on Old Graham Cottage! Glad you found this as a country feel, my core bgoal of this lot. Also, glad you liked the pond! Sims can both fish and swim with it, haha! :p Again, thanks for stopping-by too, very lovely of you! :) *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3
    yanti68 wrote: »
    Your last two cottages are adorable! Lovely design and the landscaping looks perfect for the style of build. Will be adding to my favourites when I visit the gallery. :)
    Thank you @yanti68! Glad you liked the design and even the landscaping! Also, thanks for the fave, very lovely of you! :) *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    What a wonderful cottage, Cris!! So well done. LOVE the garden area. ♥♥♥
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    Your new cottage is beautiful, Rye! :)
    @Cassee Thank you dear Cassee for the wonderful review! I'm glad that you liked the garden, that was actually my worst fear when it comes to building. :scream: But I'm glad that you liked it! Thanks again, very sweet of you! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3

@vethesims Thank yiu for stopping by to take a peek and your beautiful comment on Old Graham Cottage! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3

@ladyloial & @vethesims Thank you ladies for nominating Old Graham Cottage on recommendation thread! That was very kind of you both and I appreciated that! :blush: *hugs* to each of you! :smiley:<3<3<3
  • GlobexCoGlobexCo Posts: 2 New Member
    Very good work with the interior plan :smile: maybe a little bit dark with all that wood :tongue:
  • ladyloialladyloial Posts: 537 Member
    Your very welcome! You did an awesome job recreating from photo! love your builds! Hugs! <3
    aaagXEr5xv_zps9aeuclrp.jpg