Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

RELEASED: Angel City, the Successor to Los Aniegos.

1235...Next

Comments

• SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    So I was checking this before I install it, and since its a world I expected it to be red, but it also has a package file highlighted in red and I was wondering if I should be worried? Is it safe to just remove that file? Is it something important?
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    @SimKeats It should be a cc Ferris wheel, I think. I removed it with Custard and then downloaded it separately as a package file, since that's the way I prefer to install cc, but now that there are no more updates it doesn't matter much any more. If you are comfortable with cc, that is.

All that being said, I don't currently have the Ferris wheel installed at all and it's no problem.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    edited July 2015
    Huh, I didn't expect it to be the ferris wheel because on I read that it was removed before the world was uploaded, you encountered no issues after removing the one package file from the sims3pack?

ETA: I removed the offending package file, and then custard couldn't open it anymore, I could try and redownload it and remove the file again, but I don't imagine it would go better.
    Post edited by SimKeats on
    edited July 2015
    @SimKeats Custard can't reopen a file once you remove something and save it. Doesn't hurt anything in my experience, though. You just need to make sure you remove all the CC you see on the list since you won't get a second chance without re-downloading the world. But as I recall the wheel is the only CC item the world contained.

I think someone might have shared a different version than the one Costerboi uploaded, one without the ferris wheel. If you prefer that version you could search through the posts to see if you can find it.

Edit: I am editing to add that what you see makes a difference depending on which version of Custard you are using. You can see more about the difference in the versions in this post I made on my (poor neglected) blog: http://tangiessimulatedstuff.blogspot.com/2013/02/custard.html

I just re-downloaded the version of Angel City that is on the Exchange and looked at it in Custard.

20039429995_0b9e1fa14b_b.jpg

The world file is in red, as always. The second file is a picture file (.png). They're always in red, too.

The third file is the CC Ferris Wheel. Note the (very long) name that this file has (starts with 0xbf79....). I previously downloaded it from the creator's site and extracted it to package form and renamed it so I knew what it was. I just extracted it again so you can see it's true name: 0xbf79.......

20031564862_c78b9e1fcc_b.jpg

As you can see, it is the same file. You can remove it with Custard but you won't be able to reopen the world file in Custard. There is no reason to remove the image (.png) file, that's not necessary. The world will install fine in your launcher even if you remove the ferris wheel CC.
    Post edited by HappySimmer3 on

I almost always reopen the sims3pack after I remove something with custard, its extremely rare that it has an issue from my experience, perhaps I will download it again and see if I have better luck.
    That's strange because in my experience, I've never been able to open a world file after removing CC from it.

I've edited my post several times, btw. I never get it right the first time!

• AmbsSimAmbsSim Posts: 118 Member
    I love this world, as it brings back the feeling of playing Grand Theft Auto V for me! A creator by the name of Floraflora2 on Mod The Sims has been making some GTA V lots specifically for Angel City, and they fit in perfectly! I'm hoping they'll create a graveyard lot, as that seems to be the only thing really missing from this world. :/

I downloaded Angel City directly from The Exchange, so it should have had the Ferris Wheel CC included with it, but in my game, there's no visible Ferris Wheel on that lot. Not sure what happened, but maybe I need to uninstall/reinstall the world, that or download custard and remove the CC completely while reinstalling.
    @AmbsSim I thought I had removed the ferris wheel package that I had originally put in my mods folder (back when I did this I preferred to have CC separate so that it could be removed when patching etc. - of course patching isn't an issue now). But recently I saw that it was there after all, but still missing in the world. So I would guess that there is some kind of problem with the CC itself? I'm going to try to see if I can find the ferris wheel in my buy catalog but I don't think I've seen it there, either.

• WissaWolfWissaWolf Posts: 636 Member
    @Coasterboi Hi, there. I am really enjoying your world, but I have a question about Llamar. Is it okay if I reupload him with his new family? Someone would like to place them into their world and have them move into their sim game. Since I've played your world, my sim has had three children with him. Thanks.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    edited December 2015
    @Coasterboi , I just wanted to say - though I'm very late to the party - that I loved your original L.A. world, and I can't wait to get into Angel City. Just looking at the pictures you posted, it reminds me so much of GTA V that it's maddening. I can tell you really put a lot of time and love into this! As my husband says when I made a really delicious meal; "You put your foot into it!".

*Edited* This is so strange. I tried to install this twice and it's telling me that it can't because I don't have the latest software update. Yet I have no problem installing anything else from the site. This is so heartbreaking. :(

*Edited #2* I got it to work. The first time I downloaded the file then installed it. This time I just downloaded it into the launcher and installed it that way. Now I'm going to fire up my game and have a go at the world!
    Post edited by GoldenBuffy on
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!