Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DolphineQ Creations Showcase - *"The White Dove" uploaded - page 18* .

Comments

• Options
    DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    edited July 2014
    Dolphine, Strawberry Fields Forever is a gorgeous home with very serene decorating, very eye appealing landscaping, and wonderful use of the mill set items! I love this! Rec'd & Favorited!

About Herugon and your Tester:
    I think it is just Herugon... he is being quite the romantic fairy with my tester as well... Cheeky Devil! ;)
    Thank you so much, sherrylynn! :)
    I ended up really pleased with the landscaping, I think adding a few bits of fence here and there around the playground was what really made it hit home for me.

Dat Herugon! :shock: :mrgreen:
    Cheeky devil indeed, I turn my back to stare at a deer and wooptidoo, he seduces my girl. And she's supposed to be WORKING! *giggles* I blame Cor-Bear for making such hunky males, my girls seem to forget everything around them when one of Cor's males comes by. I better have words with dat boy - BOTH of them! ;)
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Some WIP pictures, just for fun.

Main Building:

First floor.
    ZooU11_zpsbf38dc31.jpg

Second floor.
    ZooU12_zpsd5623d2f.jpg

Third floor.
    ZooU13_zps035f02b1.jpg

Basement.
    ZooU1-1_zpsa97a582f.jpg

Staff Quarters:

First floor.
    ZooU111_zps8b2e3f7d.jpg

Second floor.
    ZooU112_zps09bed895.jpg

Would you look at that maze!? :mrgreen:
    Been having so much fun making it and the rest of it too.
    Keep in mind that these are the second set of WIP pictures, from yesterday, and a lot has happened on the build since. Once I get my meeting done tomorrow morning, I hope to have most of the interiors finished enough to post more pictures. And sometime Friday, this baby has GOT to be ready to be delivered! Else I'm gonna have to hide from Zoo, like forever :( *heh*.
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wow, you're being quite ambitious!! *crosses fingers*
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited July 2014
    Your WIP looks great! :) Great layout of the build! The maze looks so very nice! There are many great areas and features in the build! Enjoy working on your build! :)
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi Dolphine, Strawberry Fields Forever is Fabulous! Gorgeous exterior design and landscaping. I Love the tiered, walled gardens and I noticed your cool stepping stones. :D Your interiors are lovely with a lot of very clever MOOing. Rec'd :D
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    TRajah wrote:
    Wow, you're being quite ambitious!! *crosses fingers*
    Me?
    Naaah, I'm only a little bit in over my head ;).
    I think the maze was the most ambitious thing I have ever done. Making it so your sim will pick a different route at different times was a real challenge and I still don't know how I pulled it off. But I am SO thrilled with it! :mrgreen:

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    Your WIP looks great! :) Great layout of the build! The maze looks so very nice! There are many great areas and features in the build! Enjoy working on your build! :)
    Thank you, sweet rose! :)
    I'll be putting some more WIPs up this evening, had to spend yesterday sorting out a heap of RL stuff, so didn't get as much done as I should have. Looks like I'll be working through the night on this, but hey, it'll be worth it to see Zoo happy I think!

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited August 2014
    Ooh! :D That looks great! Lovely layout and the architecture is adorable! More pics please? :D
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Hi Dolphine, Strawberry Fields Forever is Fabulous! Gorgeous exterior design and landscaping. I Love the tiered, walled gardens and I noticed your cool stepping stones. :D Your interiors are lovely with a lot of very clever MOOing. Rec'd :D
    Thank you so much, Cath! *hugs*
    I'm really glad you like it, it's one of my favorite things that I have ever made :).

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    Serrano2015Serrano2015 Posts: 249 Member
    edited August 2014
    Love the pictures! I think your build looks great. The layout is really well planned, and I love the hedge maze. So creative! I'll keep looking for updates :)
  • Options
    sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited August 2014
    Oh, Dolph! I really like the layout of your WIP! Is this the contest build? I've been excitedly pouring over the thread looking at everyone's entries thus far. There are some really talented people in our community, you are of course one of those really talented people! :D Can't wait to see the rest!
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    yanti68 wrote:
    Ooh! :D That looks great! Lovely layout and the architecture is adorable! More pics please? :D
    I... am derp!
    I decided to power through and finish the build before taking more WIPs.
    And what happens? Error message >.<.
    1.22AM broke my game and now it doesn't matter which saved game I try to load, the game just crashes on me. Time to reinstall!
    I do fear that it may be my HD though. I have an old SSD and I am getting a new one next week (this one has been freezing up for a few weeks now). If it was only the contest build that flipped around, but it's all of them... so I think it's hardware related rather than software. I'll find out when I reinstall maybe.
    If all else, new SSD next week, so I should be able to build again from next weekend!

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Love the pictures! I think your build looks great. The layout is really well planned, and I love the hedge maze. So creative! I'll keep looking for updates :)
    Oooh, thank you so much!
    I love the maze too, it was a real challenge to get right, but I managed :).

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Oh, Dolph! I really like the layout of your WIP! Is this the contest build? I've been excitedly pouring over the thread looking at everyone's entries thus far. There are some really talented people in our community, you are of course one of those really talented people! :D Can't wait to see the rest!
    It is the contest build, but it's put on hold while I fix my game :(.
    There's so much talent around these forums, it always amazes me to see and be inspired by what everyone else is building. I think I'm keeping up with the good builders pretty well, having learned a ton from the Zoo U classes so far :D.

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I am sorry about your game crashes and problems, and the freezing problems with your hard drive. . I hope that the reinstallation goes well. It is great that you are getting a new hard drive next week.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Oh nooooo! :( Sorry to hear about your pc problems Dolphine! I hope you can rebuild the house once you reinstall your game. Good luck! ((Hugs))
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Little update:
    I've had to start over from scratch.
    Turns out the save files (both the playing and the .bak) were corrupted somehow, not just on this build, but also on two of the other 4 builds I was working on :(.
    So the reinstall didn't help.
    On the upside, the pictures I had posted here so far are good enough for me to re-create this build. I'm especially glad that I did take plenty of pictures of the maze, because re-doing that from memory would hurt my brain. A lot!

So yeah, it'll be a busy week. Still have to remake up the Gift Exchange gifts and I only have two days to work in, with my guest from the US arriving Saturday and stuff I need to shop, fix and sort out before that.

Back to work I go. Well, after some food and a short nap! :)

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I am sorry that the save files of your builds have got corrupted and that you have to start again! It is not good!
    It is great though that you have pictures you have taken which will help you to recreate your build. I hope that your remaking of the gift exchange gifts goes well and that your preparations for your guests go great.
    I hope you have a nice time simming in the midst of your busyness in getting the builds done. It is nice that you have guests to look forward to seeing next weekend :)
  • Options
    Heya sweeties :).
    I am done installing everything now, finally! As I said, I've had a guest the past week and we had a fantastic time. Those of you who have me friended on FB now can see the pictures from our daytrip to Copenhagen and such, it was a fabulous day and we've had so much fun. I sent my guest off yesterday around noon and now I have time to get building done and rearranging everything on my new SSD (I am in LOVE with my new HD :D).
    Hopefully I can update this thread a bit more tonight with some screenshots, depending on how fast I can work. I want to get Zoo's birthday gift finished asap, because it's a really fun build to work on and she so deserves it!
    <3 to all of you *HUGS*

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    I am glad that you had a nice time with your guest. It sounds like you had a fun time. I hope that your building goes well :)
  • Options
    Glad to hear that you had a nice time with your guest. Looking forward to your finished builds. Happy simming!
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Project "Re-create your builds from Sims 3" is iff to a flying start!

I started off with Ebony & Ivory and I am fairly pleased with the result myself. Needless to say that without terrain manipulation, it'll never be as cute as the original, so I took a few artistic liberties with the garden areas to make up for the lack of small hills and such.

Here's the link to pictures of the old version.
    Ebony & Ivory - Sims 3 edition.

And here's some pictures of the new version.

Street view.

pap7qy3

Bottom floor overview.

qz3g5q3

Top floor overview.

pmr7k8k

Kitchen.

prjpqcr

Kids room x 2.

odpxyv3

pc88bmb

Download here.

The house is done and uploaded, feel free to explore it if you want. And feel free to join me in the adventure, I made a tread for it here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/845537/anyone-else-braving-the-recreate-lots-and-families-from-sims-3-in-sims-4-adventure
    Post edited by DolphineQ on

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    WIP - Legacy Mansion in progress.

Inspirational picture. Saw this house on a TV show and fell in love.

npl48fh

My version of it so far. Or, the first version, rather.

pt3jvrb

Bottom floor layout.

o7x9ynh

Top floor layout.

ndwoyh3

The basement will be turned into an indoor pool area. And I've moved the media room upstairs and made a bar/music room where the media room is showing on the floorplan. Will update pictures tomorrow, here's a street view WIP for now!

pze3786

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    Your new WIP is looking very nice! :) The exterior of the home is very nice! You have reflected well your inspiration home. It looks very nice how you have used the columns and roof trimming in the home. Very nice front porch and upper balcony! Nice art nook on the balcony for sims to enjoy painting on the easel whilst looking out at the views. The open shutter planter box windows give a very nice look to the home. The water fountain looks nice in the front garden, and it looks nice that you have double gates entrance to the home. Child sims will have fun playing on the pirate ship and monkey bars. The layout of the interior of the home looks very nice.
    It is looking great! :)
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    My latest build, made for @djsdragongirl as part of her Halloween Exchange gifts.

I present to you, Secrecy Lair - built with lots of love, lots of MOO and lots of groaning! ;)
    Please feel free to look it over and give it a rec if you like it!

Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8804934

Secrecy_Lair_Covershot.jpg

Secrecy Lair is a lovely, old-style Victorian house. She comes with many surprises, some visible to the eye, some... not so much.
    Having stood the test of time through 282 years, her walls stand proud and solid, though she has undergone facade maintainence a few times and had plumbing upgraded to modern standards.
    The price for this lovely home is a reasonable 265000 Simleons only.

Secrecy_Lair_By_Night.jpg

First floor:
    The large open plan kitchen/dining room is equipped with a lovely fireplace, fully upgraded appliances and a moderns touch in the form of washer and dryer. There's also a small canning room, with plenty of storage shelves and a built-in chill room. This is also where you find the childrens/teens/YAs rooms (1 Boy's Room, 1 Girl's Room!).
    There's a shared bathroom for the children on this floor as well.
    Ouside, a large porch wraps around the front/side of the house, where you find a domino table and an easel to enjoy.

Bottom_Floor_Plan.jpg

Second floor:
    The Master Bedroom with en-suite Bath and the Nursery are both on this floor. As is the Guest Room, also with en-suite Bath. The balcony off the Guest Room has a tea set handy, if you should feel like a cup of tea while watching the kids play and the husband/wife fish or garden.

Middle_Floor_Plan.jpg

Third floor:
    Here you find the Living Room, with music corner (grand piano), office nook (desk with computer), books, a TV and some gorgeous and comfy counches to sit in. And old stereo has been shined up and tuned for your musical pleasure as well. There's a small toilet, with a potty for toddlers too (with own toilet paper roll!)

Top_Floor_Plan.jpg

The Grounds:
    The large grounds has a tool-shack for the handy people, benches to relax on, a fishable pond, a fenced off vegetable garden, a large treehouse for kids to play in and lovely paths to walk around on.

Keep in mind that this is an old, old piece of property and it holds many secrets.
    Some dark, some mysterious and some just secret.
    We hope you'll enjoy exploring all this house has to offer - Welcome to Secrecy Lair!
    Some more pictures:

Bottom floor bathroom.
    Bottom_Bathroom.jpg

Boy's room.
    Boys_Room.jpg

Girl's room.
    Girls_Room.jpg

Cannery.
    Cannery.jpg

Kitchen and Dining - Cat friendly!
    Kitchen_And_Dining_Cat_Friendly.jpg

Master bedroom.
    Master_Bedroom.jpg

Master bath.
    Masterbath2.jpg

Nursery.
    Nursery.jpg

Guest room.
    Guest_Room.jpg

Living room.
    Living_Room1.jpg

Living room.
    Living_Room2.jpg

And the rest shall remain as secret as the many secrets of Secrecy Lair - for now!

2rgmmvq.jpg