Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    @Puncky99 Oh your room is lovely :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited July 2015
    Dance the Night Away is such a very nice dancing room! @Puncky99 :) The layout and furnishing of the room is very nice! The brick texture of the walls gives a very nice feel to the room. The patterning of the dance floor area is so very nice! Very nice colour scheme of the room! The red sofa seats sitting area is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting resting there, watching the other sims dancing on the dance floor. They will enjoy looking out through the windows at the outdoors views whilst sitting there, and the type of curtains that you have used complement well with the texture of the walls. The plants look nice how you have placed them either sides of the sofa and are nice touches of green and nature in the room. Sims will enjoy listening to the music from the grand piano being played whilst sitting on the sofas. The placement and angling of the ottoman seats either sides of the piano looks great! The music themed wall picture looks nice on the wall near the piano and suits well the room. The type of wall lights that you have used look nice. Sims will have fun dancing to the stereo music. Very nice windows bar counter area! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools after dancing, having a drink from the bar and enjoying the sunshine coming in through the windows. It is nice that you have the banquet table and fountain there for sims to enjoy eating and drinking from. It looks so very nice how you have used the plants fencing to separate off the kids area! The plants are nice touches in the corners near divider. Very nice kids dancing area! It looks very great how you have used the jigsaw floor pattern to do the dance floor! The kids will have fun playing with the toys in the toy box after dancing. The colourful picture looks nice how you have placed it on the wall in the middle of the other wall decor item. The school bag is a nice touch in the area. The stone texture of the walls looks nice.
    The room is very nice! Sims of all ages will enjoy dancing there! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    @Puncky99 Thanks!! Your room is beautiful too, I loved it! :)
  • lovelylyssia095lovelylyssia095 Posts: 381 Member
    Thank you @Puncky99 and your room is beautiful also!
    23692626361_214389dd31_c.jpg
    Link to Showcase

Link to Gallery
    Origin id: avnewton
  • Dangerous12AngelDangerous12Angel Posts: 231 Member
    Lovely rooms, everyone!!
    and thank you guys for the comments o:)

Theme for the Week: A Multipurpose Ballroom and Dance Studio Room
    Gallery Name of Room: Dance Studio
    Origin ID: Dangerous12Angel

Pictures of the Room:
    19483797118_0e6e5c754c_b.jpg
    19049261104_5127c61aea_b.jpg
    19049264214_263ac41f3a_b.jpg
    19485214989_d13e220950_b.jpg
    19676346921_03accbc3d3_b.jpg
    19050920693_b25ac40534_b.jpg
    19664760442_e701dc717d_b.jpg
    19483883930_b72093c37a_b.jpg
    19485220319_d43daca5ce_b.jpg
    The furnishing and layout of Dance Studio is very nice! @ARADEMIS212 :) The children's dance area is very colourfully nice! It looks very nice how you have used the jigsaw floor patterns there! The red and the blue colour of the walls gives a nice bright look to the area. Very nice dance floor area! It is great that you have a mirror wall there and it looks nice how you have placed ballerina statues in the corners. The heart teddy is cute there! The colourful plumbobs picture is nice for the kids to see as they have fun dancing to the music from the radio there. The changing room area is so very great! The lockers are a great touch there, and it looks very nice how you have the corner with the coat stand and shoes for the kids to change into their dance wear! The dancing trophies and awards look great on the wall! They would make Jennifer feel proud when she sees them! The singing poster is a nice touch on the wall. The ballroom area of the room is very nice! The black and white patterning of the dance floor is very nice! Sims will have fun dancing there to the stereo music . The black, grey, and white colour scheme of the room looks nice. The musician themed pictures on the wall look nice and suit well the type of room. It is nice how you have placed the piano in the corner nook and have the piano keys picture on the nearby wall to accompany it. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa, armchair or on the ottoman seat, watching other simmers dancing and listening to the music from the piano being played. Very nice bar nook! The drinks display cabinets look nice how you have placed them there. Simd will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar and a chat. The curtains there are very nice.
    It is a very nice dance room! The furnishing of the areas of it is very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Hello everyone! I'm planning on stopping back in for a proper look at all the entries for this week, tomorrow afternoon. Life has been so crazy-busy lately!

I wasn't sure I was going to come up with anything for this week's theme, at first. Then yesterday, while finally finishing my entry and trying to think of a name for it, I came up with a cool name for Another, different room. That got my wheels turning and I just Had to try that second room too, lol :p
    Here is the first entry:

Theme for the week: A multipurpose ballroom and dance studio room.
    Gallery name of room: Shall We Dance
    Origin id: wrathofcath
    Pictures of the room:

07-13-15_5-11nbspPM_zpslmpqo4bc.png
    07-13-15_5-18nbspPM-2_zpsoidzaxzb.png
    07-13-15_5-12nbspPM-2_zpskw18hzxe.png
    07-13-15_5-11nbspPM-2_zpsvkrructd.png
    07-13-15_5-13nbspPM_zpst6bao2cw.png
    07-13-15_5-17nbspPM-3_zps3xoqmeba.png
    07-13-15_5-18nbspPM_zps21jmt5mp.png
    07-13-15_5-17nbspPM-2_zpszq1fegky.png

This is the room I came up with unexpectedly.

Gallery name of room: Dancing With The Stars
    Origin id : wrathofcath
    Pictures of the room:

07-13-15_9-25nbspPM_zpsxcurjvu9.png
    07-13-15_9-26nbspPM_zpsx8cjkhan.png
    07-13-15_9-26nbspPM-3_zpsucwxmgtg.png
    07-13-15_9-26nbspPM-2_zpsonsf7bnk.png
  • Dangerous12AngelDangerous12Angel Posts: 231 Member
    @wrathofcath, the first room looks so elegant! very elegant.
    The second room, I love it!! a very theatrical look. you're amazing!
    Thanks for sharing :D
    edited July 2015
    Both rooms are so very nice! @WrathofCath :)
    Dancing With the Stars is such a very nice room! The starry theme of the room looks so very great! It is very great that you named it after the TV show as well! The two areas of the room look so nice! Very nice furnishing of each of the sides! The starry tiles on the dance floors in the areas look great! Sims will have fun dancing there! Very nice ballroom area! The green and black colour scheme of the ballroom area looks very elegant ! The starry lights mirrors look so nice on the walls! The green rectangular light looks very nice how you have placed three together in the corners of the room. Nice sofa seat sitting areas for sims to enjoy sitting resting there watching other sims dancing on the dance floor. Very nice bar nook! Sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar after dancing. The black wall tiling there looks nice, and it looks great how you have positioned the starry mirrors on the tiling. The piano corner nook is very nice! The black curtains look very elegant there! Sims will enjoy listening to the piano music being played whilst sitting on the sofa seats. The green rectangular light sculpture looks very nice with the black tiling in the bar and piano nook areas. It looks nice how you have separated off the areas of the room. Very nice kids area! The red and blue colour scheme of the area is very nice! Very nice corner TV and bookshelves nook! The child sims will enjoy sitting on the armchairs there watching programs on the cute penguin TV or reading books after finishing dancing. It looks nice how you have placed the bookcases either sides of the TV table. The blue lights are nice touches on the walls, and the dinosaur themed pictures on the walls look great! The starry mirror looks nice in this area of the room as well. The starry themed blue and red armchairs suit the starry theme so very well! The kids will have fun playing with the dollhouse. Very nice corner art nook! The double art tables look great together! The kids will enjoy doing artwork on the art table. The mirror wall and dance bar is very nice! The sprinkles add a nice touch to the kids dance floor. The room is very nice! The starry theme and the colour scheme is very nice!
    Shall we dance is such a very pretty and elegant dancing room! :) It is so very lovely! The wall patterns that you have used are very nice! The colour scheme is so pretty! It looks very nice how you have used the curtains to separate off the areas! The furnishing of the children's area is so very nice! It looks very nice how you have set up play and TV watching/reading areas with the dance floor section in the middle. The pink armchairs look nice how you have placed them in a semi circle in front of the TV. They will enjoy sitting resting there watching TV or reading a book after doing dancing. It looks nice how you have placed the bookcases either sides of the TV then the toy boxes in the corner nooks. The butterflies pictures look are pretty for the sims to look at whilst sitting there, and look nice how you have positioned them on the wall around the TV. The giraffes look cute either sides of the mirror wall! The heart teddy, dolls and bunny look cute and nice on the wall shelf! The animal pictures look cute there too! The kids will enjoy having a tea party when sitting at the table! They will have fun playing with the dollhouse. Very nice ballroom area! The patterning of the dance floor looks so nice! Very nice windows piano alcove! The ballerina statues look very nice how you have placed on each side of the alcove. The type of and placement of the curtains that you have used there look very elegantly nice! Very nice corner bar counter nook! Sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar whilst sitting resting on the sofas. The flowers pedestal are a nice touch in the corners of the room behind the bar counter and either sides of the fireplace. The fireplace alcove is so nice! The curtains look very nice draped over the fireplace. The candles and teasets are pretty and nice touches on the coffee tables in front of the sofas. The wall pictures are very nice sights for sims to enjoy looking at whilst dancing or sitting on the sofas in the room, having a chat.
    Both rooms are so very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited July 2015
    Here's my entry (I think kids might like it):
    Gallery name of room: LiteBrite Ballroom and Studio: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/429173292A9111E58338670B1708CB9E?category=rooms&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=LiteBrite Ballroom&max=25
    Origin id : treece01
    Pictures of the room:
    19678427316_9c949bc6f4_z.jpg
    19709202941_c16e57d8fd_z.jpg
    19709147841_13808e6932_z.jpg
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
    LiteBrite Ballroom and Studio is very nice! @treece01 :) The layout and furnishing of the room is very nice! The blue and white patterning of the dance floor is great! Sims will enjoy dancing there. The colourful purple and blue chess pieces look very nice in the room! It is nice that you have a musical instrument area in the build. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofas listening to the piano and violin being played and watching other sims dancing. The colourful lights effects displays either sides of the alcove look great! The lady bird pictures on the walls and the dolls on the shelves in the kids alcove look cute and nice! It is nice that you have a mirror wall and a dance bar for the kids to use. It looks very nice how you have used the tall lamps in the room. The planter and flower boxes look nice on the walls. The starry mirrors is a nice touch on either corner wall beside the cabinet. The leafy pictures look very nice placed on the crystals decals. The pictures on the walls add a very nice look to the areas on the room.
    The room is very nice! The colour scheme of the rook is light and bright! The name suits the room well. Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    Gallery name of room: A Dancer's Paradise
    Origin id : Pottergoose
    Pictures of the room:
    nxquex.jpg
    2qmjgg6.jpg
    141utn5.jpg
    35kppn8.jpg
    ae4e38.jpg
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
    The design and furnishing of A Dancer's Paradise is very nice! @pottergoose :) The different areas of it are very great! The kids area is very colourfully nice! The kids will enjoy dancing to the stereo music on the colourful jigsaw patterned flooring! The teddy looks cute there! The white of the wall panels creates a great effect to complement with the flooring. It looks nice how you have placed wall shelving there. The lockers look great on the foyer wall area and dinosaur is cute for the kids to enjoy seeing when they enter the room! The red carpet pathway entrance to the ballroom and kids areas is a very nice touch! Very nice ballroom! The black and white chequered patterning of the dance floor is very nice! The sprinkles around the edges of the dance floor look very pretty! Very nice corner table and dining seats sitting nook! The type of seats that you have used there look elegant. Sims will enjoy sitting there eating and drinking food and drinks from the banquet table and the fountain. It looks nice how you have used the screen shade to separate off the entry area of the room from the ballroom area. Sims will enjoy listening to the piano playing whilst eating, drinking, and dancing there. The pictures on the wall add to the nice look and feel of the room. The pink colour of the walls looks very pretty! The elegant curtains look very nice in the room!
    The room is very nice! Sims of all ages will enjoy dancing there! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
    @rosemow A big thank you for your kind words as always glad you enjoyed it :smiley: . I think the sparkly lights on the floor ended up being my favorite part

(Ps- those bookshelves were the closest I could get to a dance bar for warmups and stretches :p )
    Thankyou to everyone who entered the " multi purpose ballroom and dance studio room" challenge! :) The challenge has now finished ! Sims of all ages will enjoy dancing in these rooms! The furnishing and the layout of the rooms are so very nice!
    I will post the new challenge in the next post and on the first page of this thread :)
    edited July 2015
    :) CURRENT CHALLENGE :)

:) TWENTY-SECOND CHALLENGE :)

The theme for the week is : A wellness room.
    Suzanne and Ryan are a married couple who have a busy life. Suzanne works as a librarian and Ryan is a car mechanic patrolman that is on call for when cars break down in traffic. He travels to where the car has broken down and tries to get the cars working again. Their jobs can be quite stressful. They enjoy coming home and just spending time relaxing in their home after a busy day. They also have family members who are unwell, and whom they are supporting through difficult times. They have decided to set up a " wellness room" in their home. It will be a room where they can just take time to rest, and have a break from pressures, worries and stresses in their lives. Could you please set up a "wellness room" for them? I have chosen the theme this week in case people would like to use items from the new Spa Day Game pack. You do not need to use those items though! You can decide what type of wellness room you would like to design. It can be any style that you decide! Perhaps you will set it like a spa room? Perhaps you will design it like a bathroom? or it may be a like a gym? or it may be a place surrounded by flowers? Or it might be a place with books or a music room? There are a variety of ways that you can create a Wellness room! It just needs to be a place that helps the sims either in their minds or bodies when they spend time there.
    Just a little reminder that your entry has to be uploaded as a room, not as a lot.
    Please use the hashtag
    #oneroomoneweekonetheme with your entry

The rooms need to be posted by Tuesday 21st July Midnight PDT
    ENTRIES
    Chill in Style (Zita1966z)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13869344/#Comment_13869344
    Deep Thoughts by EQ (EuphorialQueen)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13870488/#Comment_13870488
    My Haven (ARADEMIS212)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13871290/#Comment_13871290
    Luxurious Spa Room (Issabella14)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13876351/#Comment_13876351
    Serene: A Wellness Room (BUTTONSGINGER)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13882473/#Comment_13882473
    Wellness Room (LoneOnyxStardust)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13882714/#Comment_13882714
    My Yoga Room (Battyivy21)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13883324/#Comment_13883324
    Mind Body Soul (WrathofCath )
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13884282/#Comment_13884282
    Post edited by rosemow on
    I'm skipping have no idea what to do with this once since I have zero interest in ever buying the laxk
    Pack*
    Loved everyone's ballrooms, you all did an amazing job! :) I'm going to work on this week's challenge tonight, just have to find some inspiration.
    I haven't had a chance to comment on everyone's entries for the past couple of challenges. Life has been kind of hectic and not too much fun lately... I would like to say that I think everyone did an amazing job on both their kitchens and their guest rooms. :star::star::star:

I would also like to extend a huge and very late thank you to @Zita1966z, @rabidkitty07, @rosemow, @ARADEMIS212 and @treece01, for your very kind comments on my guest bedroom and kitchen. :) I really appreciate each and every one. :)<3

@vethesims, your dance studio is Gorgeous! So many clever ideas. The little locker cubby area is so cute! I Love the dance floor and your "just dance" in lights is Perfect. I know how hard it is to "write" in lights (at least for me, anyway :D )

@lovelylyssia095, how elegant your ballroom is! I love the cute little round rugs in the kids studio. So bright and cheerful! :)

@Battyivy21, such a luxurious ballroom! Love the columns around the dance floor and such a great idea to use the new half walls to separate the kids area. ;)

@Zita1966z, your ballroom is Stunning! I love all the rich looking gold curtains and furnishings. The sofas looks so cool in the curvy shape and your simmies look just gorgeous in all their finery. :)

@Puncky99, Cool ballroom! I love the way you did the flooring for both areas with the shrub planters to separate them. :)

@ARADEMIS212, lovely ballroom and dance studio! They are set up so very nicely. Nice flooring work in both areas and I love the curtains and blinds together. :)

@treece01, such a Cool design for both rooms! I love the giant chess piece lights and how bright and colorful both areas are. :)

@pottergoose, very nicely set up! I love the dance floor with the sprinkles. The shelving around the kids area is a nice touch too. :)

Sounds like a fun challenge for this week, @rosemow! I'm looking forward to checking out all the new stuff that came with the spa set. :D Thank you once again, for hosting this wicked fun challenge, Rose! I really look forward to each week's idea. :)<3

@WrathofCath Thanks for your kind comment on my build, Cath! I love your dance studios as well, especially the first one, it's so beautiful! :)
    I'm skipping have no idea what to do with this once since I have zero interest in ever buying the laxk

Hello @pottergoose. :) You don't need to use the Spa Day pack for the challenge. It is a " wellness " room. It is just a room where your sims can relax. It is a room where they can go to when feeling stressed, to help their mind and body.
    If you aren't able to do a room, I understand though, and will look forward to seeing your room for the next challenge! :)
    I am sorry to hear that life hasn't been going too good for you @WrathofCath. I send big hugs to you <3 Thankyou very much for your kind words about this challenge thread :)
    @vethesims, you're most welcome and thank you as well! :)

@rosemow, you are very welcome and thank you for the hugs and kind wishes Rose. Very much appreciated, my friend. :)<3
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm skipping have no idea what to do with this once since I have zero interest in ever buying the Pack*

I have to admit, I wasn't sure about it either, since the spa theme doesn't really interest me, but having bought it, I have to say that I love it. The build/buy items in it look amazing and are stuff I'm definitely going to use on a regular basis.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top