Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    Checked out all the flag kitchens.
    @EAfan99: that's just too adorable. The chef in the corner is such a cute touch.
    @Zita1966z: I like how the flag on the floor turned out. It adds a little texture to the sleekness. Very beautiful and stylish, love the counter design and the food "clutter" is perfect.
    @Sorceress:
    Sorceress wrote: »
    Thanks to @Zita1966z for when I saw her pictures I finally worked out how you could use MOO to do the cupboards to fit those shape homes :) Woot makes all the difference and I have learned something new!
    Isn't it fun when you learn something new? Great job! I really love the stove/island area...it turned out beautifully.
    @lovelylyssia095: that's a fun and funky kitchen. the sun above the door to represent the star is great!
    @pottergoose: I see you learning new things and being more creative with each challenge. I love to see your rooms and your enthusiasm. You bring such a fantastic spirit to this thread. I think your kitchen turned out very well. The counters and cabinets are great and the wall lights are a perfect choice bringing in the striped pattern of the flag along with the colors. :smile:
    @babycakemom: That is pretty amazing and creative.
    @RyeCris16: Beautiful. I wouldn't have thought of stone for the walls but I love how it looks with the furnishings and I love the layout of the room.
    @ARADEMIS212 & @vethesims: Two fantastic Brazilian flag themed kitchens! I like how you both incorporated the blue circle in a way that works so well without just looking like you plopped it in there to fit the theme!
    @EmmaVane: I like how you did a corner of the flag and blended the greens. Pretty!
    @Battyivy21: This one struck me. The color choices, especially with the greys and the neutrals give it a really cool perfectly blended modern rustic timeless feel that really appeals to me.
    @pronterus : Oooh! Pretty!
    @rabidkitty07: Very creative idea and so well done!
    @Puncky99: Very cute. I love the shades of colors together.
    @liliaeth: Wow! Great job on the lion.
    @WrathofCath: Gorgeous. You always pull everything together so perfectly. I especially love the kitchen island.
    Hope I didn't miss anyone. these rooms just keep getting better and better!
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    edited July 2015
    @treece01 Thanks, I'm glad you liked my kitchen! It's very nice of you to comment on all the rooms. :)
  • Options
    SorceressSorceress Posts: 940 Member
    Thanks @treece01
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Thanks to Cbear13 for the signature and showcase images!
    Origin Id: Sorceress2696
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • Options
    Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    :) CURRENT CHALLENGE :)

:) TWENTY-FIRST CHALLENGE :)

The theme for the week is : A multipurpose ballroom and dance studio room.

Jennifer has a very nice home! Her husband and herself enjoy throwing parties and so every weekend they have guests visiting their home for a meal. After Jennifer, her husband and their party guests have enjoyed a happy time of dining together, Jennifer has always wanted to have a room where they could all enjoy dancing together. Her dream is to have a ballroom in her home. Her guests could then dance the night away! Could you please make her dream a reality? They have already eaten their meal, so they will not be wanting to dine there. There is another "small" detail to mention! Jennifer is a dancing teacher. Through the week, she would like to teach her child students in a small section of the room. This section needs to have child themed furnishings that are bright and happy for the young children to see when they dancing! She wants to be able to use the ballroom all through the week!
    Just a little reminder that your entry has to be uploaded as a room, not as a lot.
    Please use the hashtag
    #oneroomoneweekonetheme with your entry

The rooms need to be posted by Tuesday 14th July Midnight PDT

ENTRIES :

I would LOVE to give this a try, i just found this thread btw!! LOL :D
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited July 2015
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Hi everyone, here's my entry for this week! :)

Theme for the Week: A Multipurpose Ballroom and Dance Studio Room
    Gallery Name of Room: Dance Your Troubles Away
    Origin ID: vepeixoto03

Pictures of the Room:

2_zpsu52uvvve.jpg

1_zpsddlym5zz.jpg

6_zpsxswkwa5v.jpg

7_zpsxdlrqypq.jpg

3_zpsszsglkmw.jpg

4_zpsgjsg0wnp.jpg

5_zpsbpu7mgmi.jpg

Post edited by vethesims on
  • Options
    The layout and furnishing of Dance Your Troubles Away is very nice! @vethesims :) It looks so very nice how you have used the lights to make the words Just Dance on the wall! It looks great how you have done the two sections of the room and used the columns to separate off the area for the children to learn their dancing. The kids area is so very nice! It looks very great how you have placed the mirror there and created the dance bar! The ballerina statue looks nice in the corner nook. The teddy and giraffe in the corners of the room, the framed animal wall pictures and the bunny print on the wall look very cute! The teddy and giraffe will be watching the kids whilst they are dancing there! Nice sofa seat sitting area for the kids to sit and rest after dancing, and have fun playing with the toys from the toy box. The tree print looks nice on the wall. The children will enjoy dancing to the music from the stero and watching themselves dancing in the mirror. It looks great how you have placed the stereo on top of the table. The lockers nook is great! It looks nice that you have used a screen shade to separate off the nook. The gnome and flamingo and heart teddy in front of the screen shade look cute! It is nice that you have shoes racks of dancing shoes for the kids to wear. The dancing trophy awards are a nice touch on the wall shelf. The flowers on the table are pretty for the kids to see when they come to the dancing area. It is a fun looking and very nice place for the kids to enjoy dancing! The wall pattern is nice. Very nice ballroom area for the party guests to enjoy dancing! The black and white marble diamond patterned dance floor is very nice! It looks nice how you have placed the piano in the corner of the room. Sims will enjoy listening to the music from the piano being played whilst they are enjoying dancing there. Very nice tables and chairs corner window sitting nook! Sims will enjoy sitting there having a drink from the bar, and enjoy having a chat and watching the other simmers dancing. The type of and placement of the curtains in the room looks very nice. It is great that you have a fireplace to keep the room warm. The butterflies picture, candles and flowers on the fireplace ledge and the flowers on the stereo table are pretty for sims to see whilst they are enjoying dancing. The log themed pictures look nice on the wall. The stone texture of the fireplace wall looks nice. The plants in the corners of the room are nice nature touches.
    The room is so very nice! Very nice furnishing of each of the areas of the room! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • Options
  • Options
    lovelylyssia095lovelylyssia095 Posts: 381 Member
    Thanks @treece01 and I'm going to get started on the new challenge now.
    23692626361_214389dd31_c.jpg
    Link to Showcase

Link to Gallery
    Origin id: avnewton
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Gallery Name of Room: Dancing Night and Day
    Origin ID: avnewton

Pictures of the Room:

19543753191_e49f455f28_b.jpg

19353002219_a252908217_b.jpg

19539508595_160fd966a7_b.jpg

19353008839_327721b965_b.jpg

More pictures: https://flic.kr/s/aHskfRu1XZ

Gallery Link: http://www.thesims.com/gallery/CB40E89025E311E58420D29D7C12B64F?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=avnewton&max=25
    Link to Showcase

Link to Gallery
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    I see you learning new things and being more creative with each challenge. I love to see your rooms and your enthusiasm. You bring such a fantastic spirit to this thread. I think your kitchen turned out very well. The counters and cabinets are great and the wall lights are a perfect choice bringing in the striped pattern of the flag along with the colors. :smile:

@treece01 Aww thanks! I feel this way too. There are weeks that I do look back and think I did a weak job, but feel like I've grown so much thanks to this thread! i'm still not ready to build my own house yet, but this has let me experiment and venture out so much. I'm glad you love the room.

The one thing I still want to work on is getting my rooms less boxy, I see so many shapes and styles in other rooms on here, and that's something I feel like I need to eventually get to to up my game a bit
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    Dancing Night and Day is such a very nice room for sims to enjoy dancing in! @lovelylyssia095 :) The layout and furnishing of the two areas of the room looks so nice! The ballroom area of the room looks very elegant! The red wall paneling gives the room a very nice feel and look! The red and white colour scheme of the room is very nice! Nice bar counter area for sims to enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar and a chat, and looking at the nice picture on the wall . They will enjoy listening to the music from the piano and violin being played whilst sitting there. The musical instruments corner is very nice! The type of curtains that you have used in the room looks very nice. Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst they are playing the instruments. The red dance floor in the middle of the room is nice! It looks especially nice that it is on marble flooring. Sims will enjoy dancing to the music there. The patterned floor rugs in each of the corners of the room gives a very nice look. Very nice corner sofa seats sitting areas! Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing there, watching the other sims dancing. The red flowers look nice on the corner table between the sofas, and the wall pictures add nice touches in the room. It looks very nice how you have placed the ballerina statues either sides of the entrance to the area for the guests to see when entering the ballroom. The kids dance studio area of the room looks very colourfully nice! The variety of different coloured circular floor rugs looks so very great! The different coloured unicorns look cute! It looks nice how you have done the mirror wall. The bunnies, pink tree, and clouds prints are nice touches on the wall. The colourful floor rugs look nice on the white marble flooring. It is great that you have a bathroom area in the room as well! The alternating blue and red ottoman seating there looks very nice!
    The dancing room looks so very nice! Sims of all ages will enjoy dancing there! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • Options
    NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    I see some really beautiful work guys! Well Done!!
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    I'm using the new shorter walls to separate off the children's area :smiley:
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    I'm using the new shorter walls to separate off the children's area :smiley:

Hello @pottergoose :) The new half walls will be great to use in our builds!
  • Options
    Thanks @rosemow!
    Link to Showcase

Link to Gallery
  • Options
    Battyivy21Battyivy21 Posts: 311 Member
    Theme for this week: A Multipurpose Ballroom
    Name of Room in Gallery: Grand Ballroom
    Origin ID: battyivy21

[img][/img]19589957916_ff6606ca92_b.jpgGrand Ballroom by ivy batty, on Flickr
    [img][/img]18993584464_87f4b8ed35_b.jpgGrand Ballroom by ivy batty, on Flickr
    [img][/img]19428172250_16bebe9ee8_b.jpgGrand Ballroom by ivy batty, on Flickr
  • Options
    Grand Ballroom is a very nice dancing room! @Battyivy21 :) It looks very elegant! The blue walls and the black and white colour scheme of the furnishings look very nice together! The black and white chequered dance floor patterning looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the columns on the corners of the dance floor. Very nice corner table and seats sitting nook! The white elegant seats and the black table look very nice together, and the white flowers on top of the table are pretty for sims to see as they are sitting there watching other simmers dancing. The black curtains look so nice there as well! The twisted sculpture is a nice touch in the corner. The musical themed pictures look nice on the walls. It looks great how you have mooed the sculpture into the fencing! Sims will have fun dancing on the dance floor, to the sound of music through the speakers. The plants either sides of the sculpture and the plants in the corners of the room are nice touches of green and nature in the room. The sofa seats sitting area looks very stylishly and elegantly nice! Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing there on the sofas, having a chat. The patterned floor rug looks nice there. The type and placement of the black curtains there looks so very nice! The pink colour of the side tables complement very well with the white sofas, and the blossoms are nice for sims to see when sitting there. Nice white bar counter nook for sims to enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. The kids dance studio section is very nice! It looks great that there is a mirror wall. The green circles floor rug is a nice colourful touch in the room, and the pink and green chess pieces look great placed either sides of the stereo. The llamas pictures look colourfully nice on the wall. The school bag is a nice touch there.
    The ballroom is so very nice! The black and white colour scheme of the room creates such a great look and feel in the room! Thank you very much for entering this week's challenge. :)
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Gallery Name of Room: Cha Cha Mama
    Origin ID: Zita1966

dsfjkCz.jpg
    Jennifer and husband love to dance in competitions. Here they are with their friends returning from a ballroom competition at Newcrest City Hall.
    She is very excited to get home so they all can dance in her brand new ballroom that was added to their house. She also loves the little corner where she can teach children ballet classes, but mostly they will learn the cha cha on her own ballroom floor.
    Pictures of the Room:
    LdTr9TF.jpg
    2eoZHaA.jpg
    6GLLaQ4.jpg
    bOpxOvT.jpg
  • Options
    Cha Cha Mama is such a very elegant room! @Zita1966z :) The golden yellow colour scheme of the room is so very grand and conveys a richness and elegance! The background details to the room to the room are very nice. Your sims are so very nice! The outfits that they are wearing look very nice! The picture of them together with the grand steps and red carpet background looks so very nice! Each of the pictures of them enjoying spending time in the ballroom look so very nice! The golden stylish curtains look very nice how you have placed them in the room! Very nice curved sofa seating area! Sims will enjoy sitting resting there having a chat and watching the other sims dancing. The ballerina statues look very nice there and suit well the theme of the room. The enlarged wall decor from Perfect Patio look great how you have placed them over the top of the other pictures. The circles wall pattern looks very nice there. The plants are nice touches of green to complement the golden colour. Very nice dance floor! The pool lights look nice how you have placed them there. Sims will enjoy dancing to the music from the stereo. The statue pedestals are nice touches either sides of the stereo. Very nice bar area! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar, talking and watching TV. The drinks display shelves and the mirror wall looks nice there. It looks nice the corner that you have for the kids to do ballet in. They will also enjoy dancing on the ballroom dance floor.
    The room is so very nice! The sims are very stylishly elegant! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • Options
    Puncky99Puncky99 Posts: 338 Member
    Thank you @rosemow and @treece01 for your nice comments on my Dutch kitchen. :)

I'm sorry, it seems my inspiration has gone away as I look at the lovely dance rooms from @vethesims @lovelylyssia095 @Battyivy21 and @Zita1966z. I love what you all did especially with the kids corner. But never mind .... here is my room! ;)

Gallery Name of Room: Dance the night away
    Origin ID: Simmie99

1_zpstzunlnqj.png

2_zpsmd6rusa9.png

3_zpsgskvsvz4.png

4_zps1steur5m.png

5_zpsvplgvdcn.png
    Onderschrift_Luna_1_met_Logo_zpsbwcad4il.jpg

EA ID: Simmie99
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoonshineSim
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MoonshineSim/
    Please visit my website for more of my creations.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top