Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kingson Fam Gen 2 Update 8/12

Comments

• RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member
    edited July 2015
    btst.png

Kingson family vacation!
    CAUTION: possible spoilers ahead if you read the story
    Since I don't have Outdoor Retreat, I sent them to the lot on Sunday afternoon and they didn't go back home until a week later. I had to make them all take days off from school and work daily before they left on their own. Since Rosie lives with the neighbors, I moved her there - with a random townie that was old enough - so she could be with us the whole week. She went to school but came back at three. It was all fun and games until relationship levels with her family started decreasing because she'd catch them sleeping or cooking in her house. Once or twice the other random townie came to talk to the family and had to be avoided from the screenshots.

Getting them to do things together as a family was tough because everyone wanted to do other things and since it's a big lot, it would take some longer than others to get where they were supposed to be. Also, someone had to bring Rosie over because I don't control her. Having them all sit together also took many tries because they'd get up and try to sit somewhere else, making the sim that was about to sit there, not be able to and I'd have to try again. I probably play in pause mode more than live mode lol

But I love sibling time. Here are some screenshots of the second generation as kids and teens.
    05-23-15_6-14%25C2%25A0PM.png
    05-23-15_12-58%25C2%25A0PM-2.png
    07-02-15_8-03%25C2%25A0PM-3.png
    07-02-15_8-04%25C2%25A0PM-3.png
    07-04-15_11-45%25C2%25A0AM-2.png
    07-04-15_11-49%25C2%25A0AM-2.png
    Post edited by Rivie on
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Ooh the behind the scenes post is so interesting, must have been so much work! I love how you worked around having Rosie there with them for the full holiday, what a cool idea! I did something somewhat similar in the past - I downloaded this teen hangout lot but wanted to make sure that there was always teens "hanging out" there so I moved in a family with 7 teenagers.

I just love all the photos of all of the Kingson kids together, melts my heart!
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Ooh the behind the scenes post is so interesting, must have been so much work! I love how you worked around having Rosie there with them for the full holiday, what a cool idea! I did something somewhat similar in the past - I downloaded this teen hangout lot but wanted to make sure that there was always teens "hanging out" there so I moved in a family with 7 teenagers.

Thank you for reading. It took time but it was so fun, it really did feel like they were on vacation, only Ash still had to clean lol
    I was going to say I should do that too but first I need to get teens in my game. I think I'm going to look through the gallery for some.
    I love when they do things together! That's the reason why I was so excited to have seven kids
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Rivie wrote: »

Thank you for reading. It took time but it was so fun, it really did feel like they were on vacation, only Ash still had to clean lol
    I was going to say I should do that too but first I need to get teens in my game. I think I'm going to look through the gallery for some.
    I love when they do things together! That's the reason why I was so excited to have seven kids

Haha poor Ash! I honestly don't know how you do it, if I have any more than three kids I struggle!
  • BgBn7510BgBn7510 Posts: 100 Member
    I will read this another time.. I am going to read it all. I am bookmarking this page as well. I wish you would have named all your children (7 dwarp) Names but you can name whatever you choose. Have fun and i will read in the next day or so.
    My Sims Stories
    Origin ID: Lindz200611

Haha poor Ash! I honestly don't know how you do it, if I have any more than three kids I struggle!

lol I pause every 30 seconds
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    The Kingson kids are all grown up and they keep growing. Rylan and Harmony have pictures of all seven of them together on their mantle.
    07-08-15_7-35%25C2%25A0PM.png
    And here are the pictures a little bigger
    gen1kids.pnggen1teens.png

Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Aww I just adore your family pictures! They make me want to have a massive sim family every time!
    Aww I just adore your family pictures! They make me want to have a massive sim family every time!

Thank you.
    I want to have lots of sim kids with every generation lol
    I think it might be because I was an only child for 19 years, until my dad remarried, and I never liked being by myself lol. I always wanted a sibling, so now I'm searching for my big family, in real life lol, although not this big XD
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    BgBn7510 wrote: »
    I will read this another time.. I am going to read it all. I am bookmarking this page as well. I wish you would have named all your children (7 dwarp) Names but you can name whatever you choose. Have fun and i will read in the next day or so.

Thank you for reading. I thought of the dwarfs names but I wanted the heir to have a name related to cinderella.
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png

Thank you.
    I think it might be because I was an only child for 19 years, until my dad remarried, and I never liked being by myself lol. I always wanted a sibling, so now I'm searching for my big family, in real life lol, although not this big XD

That makes sense! I'm an only child myself - though I loved it for the most part, I spent hours on my own making up stories as a kid :)
    Completed Generation 1 stories and soon to work on reading your Generation 2.
    My Sims Stories
    edited July 2015

Thank you.

That makes sense! I'm an only child myself - though I loved it for the most part, I spent hours on my own making up stories as a kid :)

Lol I hated it. I played with the perfect family that consisted on more than two kids.
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    edited July 2015
    BgBn7510 wrote: »
    Completed Generation 1 stories and soon to work on reading your Generation 2.

Thank you for reading.

Do you have a blog where you post your story? you can write the name without http:// or you're only a post away to become a member :smiley:
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    edited July 2015
    Part 28. Helping Out http://luxsimsworld.blogspot.com/2015/06/dp-helping-out.html
    The teens are trying to help out Rosie. They even get to go to Luigi Arcade and see if what Bijou said about it it's true.
    btst.png

Luigi Arcade
    CAUTION: possible spoilers ahead if you read the story
    I'm not a builder or a decorator either but I wanted to include all the awesome CC I found. Here's the post where you can find the links to the talented creators: http://luxsimsworld.blogspot.com/2015/06/luigi-arcade-cc-info.html
    I knew it would take me forever if I was going to build it so I went looking for a lot on the gallery. I found Super Mario remade into Luigi and I thought it'd be perfect. (I love Luigi!) There's also a speed'build' video I made of it if you want to watch :smile:

I found the seating blocks and after trying to find the best way to place them I decided to move them up against the wall and add them as decoration. I never thought they'd sit on them.
    06-19-15_3-04%25C2%25A0PM.png

I made the lot generic because I didn't want too many adult sims going in. No teens will go to the venues in my save, the ones I see all the time are the Frosts. They don't have jobs so that's probably how they spend their lives, traveling everywhere! Seriously, everywhere I go, Elsa and Jack are there.
    I didn't have any sims come into the arcade but with my sim kids and their partners, it was pretty full. It's a small place, 13 x 16 and that includes the restrooms and an office. More teens hanging out there would be better but I thought it was pretty good for their first visit there.
    The idea was to include arcade machines but I had an error that said something about script called fail. I'm going to download them again and see if it works this time. I also found the vending machines I thought didn't appear in my game so I may need to move some things and add others, if they work that is.
    https://youtu.be/_sfW_Fwa6fQ

Post edited by Rivie on
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Thanks @Rivie and yes I am not only one way and this comment should get me there. I will send you the link over to my tread that on here but it is being written on my blog here: sims3content.wordpress.com - mind the name. I can not change until some time down the road. It is still in a working progress.
    My Sims Stories
    Part 32. Life Plans http://luxsimsworld.blogspot.com/2015/07/dp-life-plans.html
    Vacation is over and it's time to understand that life changes as you grow up
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    edited July 2015
    I bet on some level Ash can't wait for all of them to get out of the house haha
    I bet on some level Ash can't wait for all of them to get out of the house haha

Lol he does love his family but sometimes is not fair :grimace: :
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    edited July 2015
    On the topic of your behind the scenes post, how do the sims sit on those cubes that are so high up? Do they just... teleport? :D
    On the topic of your behind the scenes post, how do the sims sit on those cubes that are so high up? Do they just... teleport? :D

Lol they jump, I actually recorded it because I didn't think they would and the first time I saw one of them sitting there I had to try it and record it.
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    How dare he kiss her in front of Ash?! He's not even her boyfriend in the picture and I don't control him.
    07-09-15_10-10%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    spt.png

We're ready...
    sneakpeek4.png

Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Wedding dress alert, wedding dress alert!

They grow up so fast :'(
    @ThePlumbob I know. I'm excited but at the same time I miss the kids. Can't wait to start seeing Harmony's grand kids running around
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png