Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Freedom Family Legacy (Updated Daily)

moonswirlsmoonswirls Posts: 2,350 Member
(This isn't the legacy challenge, but I do intend to follow the family for several generations. ps I am writing this on a blog before I post it here because I take a veryyy long time to write sometimes, but I would love your feedback either here or over there, i'm not fussy!)
Cast Introductions:
The Freedom-Howards
06-28-15_6-51c2a0pm-4.png?w=300&h=169
06-28-15_6-51c2a0pm-6.png?w=300&h=169

Jonathan Howards

Jonathan was abandoned as a newborn by his mother, left on the doorstep of his unsuspecting father who had no idea he had gotten this mysterious woman pregnant, but tests showed that he was in fact in son. He took him in and raised him alone until he married, but this woman despised Jon, leaving him with a greater distrust for women, and noncommittal tendencies. This was up until a fling with high school classmate Penelope produced a baby, stuck to do the “honorable” thing he took her into his home and agree’d to marry her.

06-28-15_6-51c2a0pm-2.png?w=300&h=169
06-28-15_6-51c2a0pm.png?w=300&h=169
Penelope Freedom.

As a young girl, Penelope lived in an unhappy household, her father had always wanted a son and having her as an only child was a disappointment to him.

As she grew it became more and more apparent that her father had no love for her, and after the tragic passing of her mother in a fire she had no love in her life.

She sought love outside her family, and in high school met a boy. Desperate for some affection, she found herself pregnant at the young age of 15 and stuck to the boy for the rest of her life. Her father threw her out when she found out she was to have a daughter of her own, leaving her to live with her boyfriend’s family.

Left with no family other than her daughter and husband she changed her last name to “Freedom” in demonstration of her starting her own family, with no help from generations past. Even after she became married, she kept this name.

After her daughter was old enough to go to school, Penelope returned to school also to get a degree. She wants to be a doctor and hopefully with enough patience and practice she’ll work through the ranks of the local hospital.

Now living with teenage daughter Jessica and husband Jonathan in the house his father and step mother left to them, will they be able to keep their reluctant marriage together and raise Jess to avoid their mistakes?

06-28-15_6-52c2a0pm.png?w=300&h=169
06-28-15_6-52c2a0pm-2.png?w=300&h=169
Jessica Freedom-Howard

Being born to teenage parents, Jessica learned from their mistakes and vowed to focus on her education before allowing herself to have a family, or be distracted by relationships.

She wants to have the education that her mother worked so hard for after her birth, so she is a hardworking student without many friends, but it is worth it for that A on the report card.
Post edited by moonswirls on

Comments

• Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
  • moonswirlsmoonswirls Posts: 2,350 Member
    Cast Introductions continued:
    The Newcrest's.
    07-03-15_3-39c2a0pm.png?w=300&h=169
    07-03-15_3-39c2a0pm-2.png?w=300&h=169
    Malcom Newcrest, Mayor and descendant of the founders of Newcrest. Twice married, he lives in the biggest mansion in town with his new wife, and two children from his previous marriage. He is a jolly man, kind to all, but with his lifetime of wealth and respect he is also materialistic and snobby.
    07-03-15_3-39c2a0pm-4.png?w=300&h=169
    07-03-15_3-39c2a0pm-3.png?w=300&h=169
    Mrs Lindsey Newcrest is the beautiful young wife of the mayor, he was attracted by her charismatic attitude and beautiful piano playing, now married to the richest man in Newcrest she has free reign to do as she pleases in life.
    07-03-15_3-39c2a0pm-6.png?w=300&h=169
    07-03-15_3-39c2a0pm-5.png?w=300&h=169
    David Newcrest is the oldest child of Malcom and his ex wife, regardless of him being adopted he is still treated as the heir to the families fortune. Some would describe him as stuck up, others would need censor bars over their mouth to describe this boy. He is unkind to everyone he meets, putting himself first before everything and everyone.
    07-03-15_3-40c2a0pm-2.png?w=300&h=169
    07-03-15_3-40c2a0pm.png?w=300&h=169
    Courtney Newcrest is a daddies girl and typical young “princess” of the family. Treated as though she could do no wrong she was raised to be spoiled, with all of her tutoring as a young girl, she has developed beautiful new talents like her mother in law, much to the delight of her father and mother-in-law.

Room-mates: Stone, Page, Vanders.
    07-03-15_3-41c2a0pm-2.png?w=300&h=169
    Sunny Stone, a bright and aspiring young artist with her whole life ahead of her. She was an orphan raised in a care facility, and jumped at the chance to leave and go to college. She left her life in Twinbrook behind and settled into college, where she received her art degree.
    07-03-15_3-41c2a0pm-7.png?w=300&h=169
    Aubrey Stone was orphaned at a young age, she grew up in the same orphanage as Sunny, which was where she met her. They grew up together and grew close, so when Sunny changed her name, Aubrey took the same last name so that they could live as close sisters forever. She hopes to become a highly successful scientist.
    07-03-15_3-41c2a0pm-4.png?w=300&h=169
    Piper Page was thrown out of her home at age 16, forced to leave simply because of the gender that she’s attracted to. She came to Newcrest to get a new life for herself as a programmer, working as a Tech Guru.
    07-03-15_3-41c2a0pm-10.png?w=300&h=169
    Vivian Vanders is the girlfriend of Piper, the others don't know much about her other than she seems to have moved in right under their noses which they don't really mind, as long as Piper is happy.
    marcellala wrote: »
    Wow, your sims all had hard lifes before!

I'm a fond lover of dramatic backstories!
    A bit too much, probably.

Dramatic is good. My sims are just the happy-go-lucky-type.. there's nothing wrong with different styles.

Dramatic is good. My sims are just the happy-go-lucky-type.. there's nothing wrong with different styles.

Penelope is very much a free spirited kind of woman, she and Jess are both very cheerful people typically so there will be happy parts :3
    But parts with Jon... eeeeeeeehhhp
    06-29-15_4-36c2a0pm.png?w=300&h=169
    Penelope and Jessica sit at the chess table as the movers have most of the house taken over to sort out their furniture,

“Why did we have to leave Sunset Valley?” Jessica asks as she waits for her mother to move a piece.

“Because I needed to take a job in the hospital here, I know it’s selfish but it’s a good move for the family. Such a nice peaceful town and now that you’re a… young woman, you can meet more friends. and boys.” Penelope replies, knocking over one of Jessica’s pawns.

“No thank you, I’ll skip that male presence part.” she replies and rolls her eyes, trying to choose her next move..

“Well, you’re at that age now where it’s acceptable for you to know -” she starts to speak but is cut off by Jessica

“I don’t know whats worse, the fact i’m losing, or you trying to give me the talk.”
    Some people from around the neighborhood came over to welcome the Freedom-Howard’s to the town, they gathered round the table to introduce themselves.
    06-29-15_4-45c2a0pm.png?w=300&h=169

“So what brings you to the neighborhood?” asks the polite alien woman from across the street.

“Oh we just wanted a fresh start, and I got a job as a nurse up at the new hospital!”

“Ah that’s wonderful, i’m sure you’ll make a great nurse!”
    06-29-15_4-45c2a0pm-2.png?w=300&h=169
    06-29-15_4-53c2a0pm.png?w=300&h=169

Penelope excused herself to the kitchen to prepare some food, leaving Jon in the room alone with his female neighbors, one of which seems to be awfully giggly at his jokes, she winks at him and touches his hand, slyly sliding a piece of paper with her name on it into his hand before excusing herself to return home.
    06-29-15_4-41c2a0pm.png?w=300&h=169

fter all the guests leave, Penelope heads up stairs for a bath. Leaving Jessica and her father alone downstairs. Rage is smeared across Jessica’s face after what she saw.

06-29-15_6-23c2a0pm.png?w=300&h=169

“How could you behave like that, with our new neighbor, While mum was in the house! I know you’re a god 🐸🐸🐸🐸 🐸🐸🐸🐸 but for sims sake, that was low.”

“How dare you talk to me like that, go to bed. Now. You’re grounded.” he replies sternly.

06-29-15_6-22c2a0pm.png?w=300&h=169

“Fine, ignore me. But remember, I know a lot more than she does, and I can tell her everything. 🐸🐸🐸🐸.”

She stands up and walks up the stairs, slamming her bedroom door behind her.

06-29-15_4-37c2a0pm.png?w=300&h=169

Jon sits at the computer, frustrated at his daughters attitude.

He mumbles to himself “That little accidental brat.. How dare she threaten to tell Penny… Hm..” he looks back at the screen and spots a message from Sunny, he glances over his shoulder to make sure nobody is there and begins to reply.

06-29-15_4-37c2a0pm-2.png?w=300&h=169
  • plastiekzakskeplastiekzakske Posts: 253 Member
    An Alien in the neighborhood, I like that!
    Great you have such detailed back stories of you're characters.
    SimLitFinal_zpsxopnjpp8.png
    An Alien in the neighborhood, I like that!
    Great you have such detailed back stories of you're characters.
    Thank you so much! :D I feel like they're accepting people, they wouldn't mind an alien.. also I forgot to go into her house and change her disguise before playing my family. #fml
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    "the polite alien woman from across the street" - just the usual LOL Brilliant!
    After several flirty conversations over the internet, Jon dresses for work, kisses his wife goodbye and heads out the door.

Minutes later he meets Sunny at the local bar, which is amazingly full for so early in the morning.

06-29-15_5-30c2a0pm-4.png?w=300&h=169

“Sunny, we need to talk about this before anything happens.. I have a wife, and while i’d love to..spend time, with you, She can’t find out about this, so we have to be discreet.”

06-29-15_5-30c2a0pm-3.png?w=300&h=169

“Oh don’t worry about that, she’ll never find out.. how about, instead of working, you come over to mine every day.”
    06-29-15_5-30c2a0pm-2.png?w=300&h=169

“That’s a wonderful idea, but every day? give a poor man some rest.” he grinned at her.
    06-29-15_5-30c2a0pm.png?w=300&h=169

“Hmm, nah. Resting stops now. Let’s go back to yours while nobodies home.” she took him by the hand and led him out the door and towards a cab to take them to his and Penelope's house.

img06-29-15_5-28c2a0pm.png?w=300&h=169
    06-29-15_5-47c2a0pm.png?w=300&h=169

Jon senses that Sunny is a little nervous about this, to remedy this he pulls a rose from his pocket and presents it to her, distracting her from whatever thought was taking place in her mind.
    06-29-15_5-47c2a0pm-2.png?w=300&h=169

“It’s beautiful.. but i’m a little worried about getting caught.”

“Here, let me distract you from that.” he grinned and leaned in for a passionate kiss, before lifting her up and carrying her upstairs.

06-29-15_5-48c2a0pm.png?w=300&h=169
    Friends in High Up Places.

Cassandra Goth walks through the door to the mansion, as she enters immediately she hears her mother upstairs on the piano, composing beautiful music.
    07-04-15_9-18c2a0pm.png?w=300&h=169

“Mother! Can we talk?” she yelled out, immediately the music stops and is followed by the click of high heels walking down the staircase.

“Cassie! How was school darling?” her mother said with excitement, happy to see her daughter after a long day. She takes her hand and pulls her into the living room, sitting down beside her on the couch.
    07-04-15_9-16c2a0pm-7.png?w=300&h=169
    “Eh, school was okay.. but I kinda, I feel lonely.. I don’t have many friends.” Cassie replies with a sigh,

“I know dear, people with our sense of style aren’t accepted easily.. but is there anyone you talk to at all?”

07-04-15_9-16c2a0pm-5.png?w=300&h=169
    “Uhm.. well, there is this one girl in my biology class who sits next to me. She’s super sweet. She even mentioned wanting to hear me play violin sometime.”
    07-04-15_9-17c2a0pm-4.png?w=300&h=169]
    “That’s great! Why don’t you try to get closer to her! Maybe invite her over? Or visit her at her house!” Bella squeaks with excitement
    07-04-15_9-15c2a0pm-4.png?w=300&h=169
    07-04-15_9-15c2a0pm-3.png?w=300&h=169

“Mum, calm down. You’re going to over-excite yourself.”

“I can’t help it! I’m just happy for you, darling.. I forgot to even ask, what’s her name?”

“It’s Jessica Freedom, she lives over in Newcrest.”

“That’s not too far away, why not go and visit her, ask her to hangout?”
    07-04-15_9-15c2a0pm-5.png?w=300&h=169
    edited July 2015
    Sunshine brings rain.
    A few months later..

06-30-15_2-11c2a0pm.png?w=300&h=169

Sunny emerged from the bathroom grinning, sneaking to her room to avoid telling her friends yet.

She sat on her bed, pregnancy test in hand, phone in the other.

“Okay.. I can do this.. I mean.. it’s his kid.. Ok.. I can do this..”

06-30-15_2-12c2a0pm-7.png?w=300&h=169

She dials the number, waiting as it rings a few times before the voice is on the other end.

Jon sneaks to the bedroom as his phone starts to ring.

“Hey Jon”

06-30-15_2-19c2a0pm.png?w=300&h=169
    “Hey, you know not to call when my wife’s home.

“I know, but this is urgent..”

06-30-15_2-19c2a0pm-3.png?w=300&h=169
    "You need some self control, you have to wait until she goes to work.”

06-30-15_2-19c2a0pm-2.png?w=300&h=169

“No, no It’s not that, i’m being serious Jon.”

06-30-15_2-12c2a0pm-3.png?w=300&h=169

“Oh, if it’s not that what do you want?” he says with flirtatious curiosity.

“I’m pregnant! Isn’t that great?”
    06-30-15_2-12c2a0pm.png?w=300&h=169

“I’ll be right over.”

“Sure! I’ll see you in a few minutes, meet me on the patio, my housemates are home.”

He hangs up the phone, rage smeared across his face as he pours expletives from his mouth. He sneaks out of the house and walks across the street.
    06-30-15_2-24c2a0pm.png?w=300&h=169
    06-30-15_2-24c2a0pm-2.png?w=300&h=169
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Drama!
    gurl if you liking the drama you're gunna looove the next part, i'm so excited for it I could post it now but I don't wanna spam xD
    Drama!
    gurl if you liking the drama you're gunna looove the next part, i'm so excited for it I could post it now but I don't wanna spam xD

I so know what you mean about the over-excited posting, I have an episode in my legacy written that i really want to post, but it's still 3 chapters away from my story and it's killing me, I want to share it NOW! Haha.

I'll be back here for more once you have updated :)
    edited July 2015
    The Sun Stops Shining. WARNING ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR
    Jon jumps the fence into the patio and approaches Sunny as she stands outside, immediately the yelling starts.

“You stupiid little girl. You better be lying about this because I know that you’re not dumb enough to get yourself pregnant by a married man.”

06-30-15_2-30c2a0pm-3.png?w=300&h=169

Sunny: “I’m not lying!” she sobs, covering her eyes “How is this my fault? You’re the one who got me into this mess! You’re the one having an affair!” she yells, Jonathan’s face turns red with anger, as suddenly she feels his fist collide with her cheek, she shrieks in pain and steps back, covering her face. “B*st*rd! This is your fault!”

06-30-15_2-30c2a0pm-5.png?w=300&h=169

Jonathan: “Oh no, this is your fault. You’re the one flirting with a married man. Think of how everyone will see you after this.” he glares at her, holding his own hand as he hurt his hand on her cheekbone.

Sunny: “Think of how your family will see you!” she bellows, still defensive regardless of his physical abuse.
    She sits down, trying to console herself by holding her face as it swells slightly in pain.

06-30-15_2-31c2a0pm-4.png?w=300&h=169

Jonathan continues speaking, ignoring her comments.

Jonathan: “We can’t keep it. I want this thing gone before my wife finds out.”

06-30-15_2-31c2a0pm-2.png?w=300&h=169

Sunny: “Thing?! It’s your kid!”

06-30-15_2-32c2a0pm-7.png?w=300&h=169

Jonathan: Just get rid of it.

Sunny: And if I refuse?

06-30-15_2-32c2a0pm-9.png?w=300&h=169

Jonathan: Then we’re done here, and I never want to hear from you or see you ever again.

Sunny: “You can’t do this!” she screams, sobbing as her hands cover her face, he stands up out of his chair.
    06-30-15_2-33c2a0pm-2.png?w=300&h=169
    06-30-15_2-33c2a0pm.png?w=300&h=169

He leaves Sunny sitting there in tears, slowly walking down the street back to his home, time to reflect on everything he’s done wrong as her sobbing rings in his ears from a few houses down.
    Post edited by moonswirls on
    Really good chapter. Jonathan is such a plum plum.
    What a major plum. I hope karma gets him in the end!

I reaaally want to know what you wrote before it was censored to plum plum. xD
    What a major plum. I hope karma gets him in the end!

Ohh eventually, I hope. I haven't written that far yet. But ohhh when I do, i'ma be super happy about it.

If you quote soneone you can see what he used. But i know which words get censored, so i use "plum" as a cussword. This way i can say plummy if i mean to make it an adjective ;)

If you quote soneone you can see what he used. But i know which words get censored, so i use "plum" as a cussword. This way i can say plummy if i mean to make it an adjective ;)

Hehe :3 I need to learn what gets censored, I thought it was just swearies but its also rude stuff xD