Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    Has anyone places TS4 on a console? Did you like it? What are the differences? Is PC better?

As far as I am aware there is no version on consoles. Just PC and Mac.

@AuroraLockwood Thank you for letting me know ! :)
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    AkramA wrote: »
    *cough* Half-Walls and Locked Doors in two days! Some of my Sims are going to love this update!

Yeah, half walls would make the gallery explode with awesomeness, I'm also waiting for the official locked doors. Bed assignment (ts3 university) would also be nice, locked door is fine!

I hope we get locked garden gates! So far, I've got my cowplant fenced in completely--no gate--and we just bulldoze a segment of the fence at feeding time. I'd much prefer a locked gate!

I'm still using locked door mods! It's working good for locking door and gates but that won't be necessary in two days!
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Megg87 wrote: »
    I just need a quick vent...

I cannot stand when people are rude to the gurus in different threads around here. I'm all fired up now because I couldn't stand to read a rude comment about how they're lazy and can't be bothered to fix things. :scream:

Edited because reasons...

I agree. The gurus are so awesome. They are invariably kind, patient, and it seems like they put in so much to really doing a good job with the Sims. Plus--they're the SimGurus!

And, it's also amazing how frequently we've gotten patches, how good the patches inevitably are, and all the free stuff that comes with them! Amazing! And, the patch notes are my favorite reading material of all time.

SimGurus need support not hate!

I know, I'd never expected to get the amount of free content that we do receive with updates. I have so much confidence in the Sims team because of it! I'm really excited about the new game pack, it's not necessarily the theme I would have chosen, but it's looking really great so far. Can't wait to make a pretentious hipster sim obsessed with yoga and new age stuff :D

I'm really happy with our patches, too!

I'm also annoyed because when a guru responds to that thread it reinforces the complaining so they think "hey, complaining gets results!"

It does a lot of the time but I do think it's possible to complain nicely...
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    It's almost Friday...I'm almost 36!!
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    edited July 2015

Squeee!

EDIT: I'm just 13 days shy of being 20 years older than you! Maybe you're my long-lost daughter that I never had!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited July 2015

Squeee!

EDIT: I'm just 13 days shy of being 20 years older than you! Maybe you're my long-lost daughter that I never had!

i guess since o'm 10 years younger that makes me the baby sister. i meant than cathtea..
  • Options
    @iluvbun

Squeee!

i guess since o'm 10 years younger that makes me the baby sister. i meant than cathtea..

Ten is half of twenty... could you be my long-lost half daughter?

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options

Squeee!

@CathyTea That would be awesome! :) I'm so excited for your birthday too! :)
  • Options
    how can the water company cut emmalynn off she has no walls.
  • Options
    how can the water company cut emmalynn off she has no walls.

She may not have walls, but she's got that dang irrigation system!

• Options
    @iluvbun

Squeee!

Ten is half of twenty... could you be my long-lost half daughter?

i could but since we are only ten years apart i picked sister.
  • Options
    @Rorygilmore34 You'll be 9 years older than me!

Related! Does anyone else not look their age? There are 16-year-olds that look older than me! :cold_sweat:
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member

I cannot stand when people are rude to the gurus in different threads around here. I'm all fired up now because I couldn't stand to read a rude comment about how they're lazy and can't be bothered to fix things. :scream:

I feel the same way. Some people aren't ever happy and no need to be mean to the gurus.
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member

I agree. The gurus are so awesome. They are invariably kind, patient, and it seems like they put in so much to really doing a good job with the Sims. Plus--they're the SimGurus!

And, it's also amazing how frequently we've gotten patches, how good the patches inevitably are, and all the free stuff that comes with them! Amazing! And, the patch notes are my favorite reading material of all time.

SimGurus need support not hate!

Exactly! They are wonderful
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member

Related! Does anyone else not look their age? There are 16-year-olds that look older than me! :cold_sweat:

I think I look older than my actual age. Though I did get IDed the other day when I was wearing no makeup (I'm 27).
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I think I look older than my actual age. Though I did get IDed the other day when I was wearing no makeup (I'm 27).

I'm also 27! I don't wear makeup so maybe that's my problem. When I wear it people ask, "what are you dolled up for?" and then I answer awkwardly. My eyeliner game is weak, too. :tongue:
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    It was mentioned to me that I should have a link on my profile page to Grace's story. No clue where to put the link. Advise?

Did you ever get an answer to thos6? I'd be interested in doing this too :)

suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options

I'm also27! I don't wear makeup so maybe that's my problem. When I wear it people ask, "what are you dolled up for?" and then I answer awkwardly. My eyeliner game is weak, too. :tongue:

haha I used to not leave the house without makeup, now I'm much more lenient with it.
  • Options
    swcheppes wrote: »
    It was mentioned to me that I should have a link on my profile page to Grace's story. No clue where to put the link. Advise?

If you go to my profile page you can see that I just posted something like this to test my signature for the mods (OT: if my signature suddenly works someone tell me, lol). It shows up at the top of your page as well as beneath where you can add a comment. :smile:
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited July 2015
    Very late, but thank you @CathyTea for your encouraging post :) I'm definitely looking forward to being able to share my first story, as soon as I'm a full member!

I guess I'm just so new to this thing that it's making me unsure of how to actually put my story together. I've been writing stories since I was a kid, and simming since I was about 11 (when the original sims came out... Oh man, that was forever ago!) but until now, I'd just played-out my stories (and taken some screenshots for my own personal enjoyment!), rather than writing them down. It will be interesting to finally combine the two!

I am already self conscious because my first story (which I just finished playing/screenshotting earlier today) is a super corny romantic story, and I'm feeling like it will end up flamed for being too sappy/cheesy/lame haha.

I dunno, I'm just kind of rambling right now. Don't mind me! Haha
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    I got some gameplay done for Greenwood and I'm so excited! I definitely am ready to start writing this tonight and tomorrow, and hopefully it can be published tomorrow! Although, I'm not sure how to set out these chapters. I'd like something like Y1... and then followed by how to differentiate chapters. I just don't know what at the moment. Oh well, let me go edit these pictures now because I have 27 for Chapter 1 and 22 for Chapter Two :astonished:
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Options
    Very late, but thank you @CathyTea for your encouraging post :) I'm definitely looking forward to being able to share my first story, as soon as I'm a full member!

I guess I'm just so new to this thing that it's making me unsure of how to actually put my story together. I've been writing stories since I was a kid, and simming since I was about 11 (when the original sims came out... Oh man, that was forever ago!) but until now, I'd just played-out my stories (and taken some screenshots for my own personal enjoyment!), rather than writing them down. It will be interesting to finally combine the two!

I am already self conscious because my first story (which I just finished playing/screenshotting earlier today) is a super corny romantic story, and I'm feeling like it will end up flamed for being too sappy/cheesy/lame haha.

I dunno, I'm just kind of rambling right now. Don't mind me! Haha

Bring on the cheese! :)
  • Options
    drat the gr turned my almost park in to a cematary .emmmalynns wife died.
  • Options
    swcheppes wrote: »

@swcheppes Nope. No answer.
  • Options

@Megg87 Yay! As for looking my age, I have ocean blue hair and tattoos so I have no clue how old I look! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top