Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show us your recent WIPs here!

Comments

• SpecterCodySpecterCody Posts: 602 Member
    edited July 2015
    Glad to see this thread still alive! I wanted to share three homes I have been working on in hopes you guys can help me pick the one to finish first. I intend on finishing them all but which one do you guys like best?

First is a charming single story traditional home with a twist:
    FINISHED: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/827332/codys-showcase-sablestead-a-charming-family-home-pg-2-07-01#latest

Second is a very modern mansion with a massive yard for entertaining:
    PTeyalG.png

Third is a new traditional style seaside family home:
    oops, removed image, sorry!

Thanks for looking, please help me choose one :smile:
    Post edited by SpecterCody on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Each of your WIPs are so very nice! @SpecterCody :) The exterior design of each of them looks so very nice! Very nice roofing on each of the homes! The roof tower on the first build looks very great! The open shutter flower box windows look pretty! The flowers and rocks look nice how you have placed them on the edges of the front of the home. The stone texture of the exterior looks very nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the windows in the modern build! The pool and hot tub patio looks very nice! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool, or enjoy relaxing in the tub. It looks nice how you have placed the hedging on the edges of the hot tub nook. Very nice roof covered outdoors living pergola! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa and armchairs there having a chat and watching TV. The red curtains look nice over the front of the pergola. Very nice upper balcony fireplace sofa sitting area! Sims will have very nice outdoors views whilst sitting there! The plants are nice nature touches on the balcony. The fireplace will keep sims warm. It looks very nice how you hsve placed the square sculptures in the area between the steps going down to the sunken pool patio! The red and white colour scheme of the home looks very nice! The dormers look very nice in your third home! The flowers and plants look very pretty how you have placed them on the edges of the home and the front pathway! The wavy use of the plants in the pathway edges looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have used the columns in the build! The chimneys are nice touches on each side of the home.
    Each of the homes are very nice! Each of them would be very nice for you to continue working on next and finishing :)
    rosemow wrote: »
    Each of your WIPs are so very nice! @SpecterCody :) The exterior design of each of them looks so very nice! Very nice roofing on each of the homes! The roof tower on the first build looks very great! The open shutter flower box windows look pretty! The flowers and rocks look nice how you have placed them on the edges of the front of the home. The stone texture of the exterior looks very nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the windows in the modern build! The pool and hot tub patio looks very nice! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool, or enjoy relaxing in the tub. It looks nice how you have placed the hedging on the edges of the hot tub nook. Very nice roof covered outdoors living pergola! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa and armchairs there having a chat and watching TV. The red curtains look nice over the front of the pergola. Very nice upper balcony fireplace sofa sitting area! Sims will have very nice outdoors views whilst sitting there! The plants are nice nature touches on the balcony. The fireplace will keep sims warm. It looks very nice how you hsve placed the square sculptures in the area between the steps going down to the sunken pool patio! The red and white colour scheme of the home looks very nice! The dormers look very nice in your third home! The flowers and plants look very pretty how you have placed them on the edges of the home and the front pathway! The wavy use of the plants in the pathway edges looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have used the columns in the build! The chimneys are nice touches on each side of the home.
    Each of the homes are very nice! Each of them would be very nice for you to continue working on next and finishing :)

Thanks so much @rosemow! I'm attached to them all as well so its gonna be tough to pick but I hope to have them all done soon! :smiley:
    Your WIP is looking great ! @friendsfan367 :) The pool patio is very nice! It looks nice how you have placed the sofa and armchairs there for sims to enjoy sitting and chatting in the outdoors air. They will have fun swimming in the pool. It is nice that you have a hot tub there for sims to enjoy relaxing in. Sims will enjoy dining outdoors in the air at the dining table.
    The home is looking very nice :)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Your WIP is looking great ! @friendsfan367 :) The pool patio is very nice! It looks nice how you have placed the sofa and armchairs there for sims to enjoy sitting and chatting in the outdoors air. They will have fun swimming in the pool. It is nice that you have a hot tub there for sims to enjoy relaxing in. Sims will enjoy dining outdoors in the air at the dining table.
    The home is looking very nice :)

thank you rose.its my first real building attempt. i tried before but just for fun.
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    @SpecterCody I like your modern mansion the best; it looks great so far! Your other two WIPs also look great. :)

@friendsfan367 Can't wait to see what it'll look like when it's done. :)
    pronterus wrote: »
    @SpecterCody I like your modern mansion the best; it looks great so far! Your other two WIPs also look great. :)

@friendsfan367 Can't wait to see what it'll look like when it's done. :)

@pronterus
    Thank you! I really like your resort style build. It has a great layout and vibe. The trellis structure really lends a nice lush tropical look.
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    @SpecterCody Your WIPs are looking very amazing! :smiley: Each of them has amazing and complex architecture with amazing and complex roofing! I especially like the modern one! Very elegant color scheme with richness feel! The third one is very breezy too! B) Love that coastal feel! By the way, how's your two WIPs?

@friendsfan367 Looking very nice WIP! I especially like your terrain paint! :)

Looking forward to seeing these finished builds! Thank you everyone for sharing in this thread! :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    RyeCris16 wrote: »
    @SpecterCody Your WIPs are looking very amazing! :smiley: Each of them has amazing and complex architecture with amazing and complex roofing! I especially like the modern one! Very elegant color scheme with richness feel! The third one is very breezy too! B) Love that coastal feel! By the way, how's your two WIPs?

Looking forward to seeing these finished builds! Thank you everyone for sharing in this thread! :)

I'm glad you like them! My old two are a bit unruly so I sorta gave up. The move objects items keep disappearing in them creating a big hassle. I don't have good Asian furniture either.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    RyeCris16 wrote: »

I'm glad you like them! My old two are a bit unruly so I sorta gave up. The move objects items keep disappearing in them creating a big hassle. I don't have good Asian furniture either.

thank you. i never used terrain paint in sims3. so it was my first time.

Oh that's too bad! :( Yeah, the MOO is still unstable and got messed up upon placing. This made me a problem as well, especially if you're changing wall patterns on objects affected with height adjustment. Mostly, they disappeared, so I moved them outside the room, sigh! :( But oh well, I'm glad I finished it easily! ;) And yes, there are no Asian furniture! But try to check out pronterus, he also has most Asian lots with good Asian furnishing. I think you'll get inspired with his good Asian builds! :)

PS: Sorry for my bad English, I'm Filipino! :|

Also, it's great that you finished one of your WIP! :smiley: I already left you a comment on your showcase thread! :)
    Ginger Thyme by @treece01 is finished! Check it out in this link below! :)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13812637/#Comment_13812637
  • babycakemombabycakemom Posts: 725 Member
    edited July 2015
    This is one I have been working on.

07-03-15_10-08nbspAM.png
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    Thanks @Ryecris16 for posting my link. :smiley: Everyone's WIP's are looking great! I have one that I'm working on and may post pics of soon. It's still in the pretty early stages but I think it'll be keeper.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
    Your WIP looks so very nice! @babycakemom :) The design and layout of the build look very great! The black and white colour scheme of the exterior looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the windows in the build! The rectangular lights decor look great! The water fountains and lily pads features on the edges of the build look so very pretty! Very nice patterning on the corner front patio area! The trees and plants look very nice how you have placed them on the corners.
    The build is looking very nice! :)
    @babycakemom Hello, and welcome to my WIP thread! Everyone is welcome to post WIPs here to get a feedback.
    Anyway, your WIP is looking very gorgeous and elegant! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, especially the checkered design in your structure. Love that cantilevered feel too! Your landscaping is very adorable! I especially like the water feature and even your checkered pathway! Very elegant black and white color scheme too! Can't wait to see the interiors!
    I'm looking forward to seeing the finished build! :smiley: Thank you for sharing in this thread! :)

@treece01 You're most welcome! :smiley: Hope you're enjoying with your new build! I will look forward to see your finished build! :smiley:

And to Simmers living in United States of America, Happy 4th of July! Hope you're having a wonderful Independence Day with much freedom! :smiley::star:
    Bad News: I already scrapped my old one (I actually tried and scrapped many bungalow shells) because I got struggled with the interior floor plan! I have no idea on how should I recreated! Sigh but oh well!

Good News: I started my new shell instead, but I still got the inspiration from the houseplan site and again, I added my own touches and design instead! Here are my pictures:

The Inspiration:
    DGG698-FR-PH-CO-LG_2.JPG

The Build:
    4WXyqA6.png
    zcxlnLY.png

I'm targeting this to be a ranch-style bungalow, but with some country feel! :) Still, I'm going to be perfect for Newcrest!

Also, I'm posting my interior pic to help me about if the floor plan is (kinda) good: ;)
    sIcxSVq.png
    Your new WIP is looking very nice! @RyeCris16 :) The exterior looks very nice! The stone and wooden textures look nice. The pegs are a nice touch on the front and the back of the exterior. The planter box windows look nice! Nice sitting area on the front porch. The roofing is very nice! Very nice back outdoors dining porch ! Sims will enjoy cooking on the BBQ there and eating their meals at the table on the porch . The layout of the interior looks great!
    The WIP is looking great! :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    @RyeCris16 - That is looking adorable! Love the design of the home! Looking forward to the finished build. :D
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Your WIP is looking great so far @RyeCris16 ! I love stone and wood designs :)
    Hello again everyone! I have created the front of a palace and got a bit carried away! I had a lot of fun building it so far but I am trying to decide whether to make it a museum or a home. It would be quite a large and expensive home, that's why I feel it might be suited better for a museum. We have plenty of homes already in the gallery but not so may museums. Homes on the other hand are always in demand and popular. I'll let you guys give your opinions on what you would prefer!

reXG3Ui.png
    Your Palace build looks so very elegant and grand! @SpecterCody :) The design of it is so very nice! The domed roofing is very nice! It looks very nice how you have used the columns in the build! The placement and type of windows that you have used looks very nice! Very nice front porch. It looks nice how you have the double steps. The balcony window dormers look very nice!
    It would be great as a museum! It could house many paintings, photos and exhibits. It would be nice as a house as well though! I will look forward to seeing which direction that you go! :)
    @rosemow Thanks so much, I'm glad you like it! I think I have decided to go for a museum. :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top