Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Achievements? Achievements!

Comments

• JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    That won't help, don't worry, I got a savegame overblown bug where my savegame has 100 Mb size, still waiting for the patch on it.
  • Marieke020Marieke020 Posts: 57 Member
    edited January 2015
    > @JoxerTM22 said:
    > That won't help, don't worry, I got a savegame overblown bug where my savegame has 100 Mb size, still waiting for the patch on it.

I do worry, because this thread is my guidance to achievements! I really hope you can repair your game soon, so this thread can be updated with the 4 (edit: 6!) new achievements and the fixed one!
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Ok will if my sims woohoo'ed with 50 other sims I am sure they would be caught. But that makes for an interesting story though.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    > @pepperjax1230 said:
    > Ok will if my sims woohoo'ed with 50 other sims I am sure they would be caught. But that makes for an interesting story though.

It is interesting for sure. I had to kill several pizza en post servo's to spawn new NPC's. I'm so lucky all these spies in the game didn't notice.
  • ClayMaskClayMask Posts: 138 Member
    edited February 2015
    I tried to get 'Til Death Do Us Part, by having my Sim woohoo with an elder at their wedding, three or four times, before the vows were exchanged. They didn't use a rocket ship, but he did die for overexertion anyway. I didn't get the achievement. I'm trying to figure out if it might have been because I didn't have control over the Sim that died? Or was it removed from the game?
    Post edited by ClayMask on
    edited February 2015
    I also just failed to get the "What Would it Be Like?" achievement of Woohooing with a ghost, even though my Sim had never woohooed with that Sim before. I wonder why?

Edit: Got it on my second try, with a different ghost.
    For death/apart, just start the marriage event then kill the sim. Do not exchange wows then kill, do it before.
    Fo ghost woohoo it may fail if you used gallery sims or wohooed that sim while they were alive. But the solution is easy as you find out yourself, just woohoo another ghost. ;)
  • AlmaMMAlmaMM Posts: 200 Member
    The hidden ones are so plumly amazing!!!!<3 I really love them, I find them hilarious :disappointed: But yeah, what were they thinking with that Baby Boom LOL, they dun goofd up!
    edited February 2015
    @JoxerTM22: I did it before the vows were exchanged, and still didn't get the achievement. I take it you don't know why it didn't work, then? I do appreciate you responding anyway, though.

The ghost wasn't from the gallery or one that my Sim had woohooed before. It still worked on the second try, though.

Edit: I just tried 'Til Death Do Us Part twice, once with moving in the Sim first and once without. I only got it if the Sim that died was a member of the household. If the Sim that dies isn't a member of the household, you don't get the achievement.
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    The title of this post always makes me think of the enchantment guy in DA:O.

enchantment.jpg

Thank you for putting together a post like this one, though, they are always so helpful. Reading through it has also made me wonder if I want to try playing again......
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • runesongrunesong Posts: 85 Member
    The new Legacy Achievements might be broken. I chose the Landgraab family, and have completed 28 full generations (since the new achievements were unlocked) and nothing.
    runesong wrote: »
    The new Legacy Achievements might be broken. I chose the Landgraab family, and have completed 28 full generations (since the new achievements were unlocked) and nothing.

Yes, it's broken. When it didn't work with an old legacy, I started a new one in a new world and this didn't work either.
    I noticed the counter of the achievement resets every time Sims travel, plan outfits or use household management (p.e. for marriage).
    Maybe it works when avoiding these actions, but I don't feel like testing again.
    Sorry folks I just can't get enough time to explore new achievements (since apparently the crash on save and bloated savegame bugs were fixed in recent two patches I should be now able to play the game).

So many new good and great games got released in a short time and I'm playing them all plus replaying some good old ones. I promise to return to this eventually, but when will that happen, it's hard to say. :(
  • KlrSimsKlrSims Posts: 185 Member
    I completed the legendary legacy achievement. it was quite easy and only took me two months (and I didn't have to constantly play either). let me know if you need help i'll be happy to tell you the easiest way to do it

sims4LL.png_zps0jf5ot7y.jpeg
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    KlrSims wrote: »
    I completed the legendary legacy achievement. it was quite easy and only took me two months (and I didn't have to constantly play either). let me know if you need help i'll be happy to tell you the easiest way to do it

Share your secrets :D
  • KlrSimsKlrSims Posts: 185 Member
    If you want to try it yourself, I advise to make it go faster using the "adoption" feature on the sims home computer. makes it easier and faster! once you have 8 sims in your household (which is max capacity of the house) then speed up time and wait for them to die (or you can kill them, whichever you prefer). once the last sim you adopted is left, start the adoption process again. have each sims adopt one...age them up, have them adopt one...age them up...adopt another, etc...if I didn't make sense, let me know lol
    Started the game after many months to check on something and I see Problem Child is fixed - it popped right onto my nose:

pic.jpg

Updated the first post on it. Dunno about other previously bugged stuff (yet), sorry.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I must have missed this the first time around. Very informative and I've bookmarked for reading later.
    edited June 2015
    There is also a major thing going on.
    As discovered by GothicSimmer (and the reason I started Sims after so many months) the patch 1.8 broght something new, very exciting IMO.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Achievements-for-every-save-game-instead-of-per-Origin-user/td-p/3449345/page/4
    loading a save with the achievements will carry it across another save after going to the Main Menu. However, starting a new game or loading a newly created game still shows 0 points if you don't load a game with the unlocked achievements.

Just tested it.
    - Load a savegame.
    - Check your achievements.
    - Exit to main menu.
    - Start a new game.
    - Make a new household or use exported one, doesn't matter.
    - Save that new game.
    - Exit to desktop and run Sims 4 again.
    - Load the most recent savegame (big triangle).
    - All of the achievements are there!

Basically, you can now keep your achievements in a new game - all you need is to load a previous save before starting a new one. This was previously impossible.

Why this wasn't listed in the changelog?
    I'm currently on another game, but this means I'll return to Sims 4 very soon!

Since there were some new achievements added and obviously some fixed along the way, expect I'll revive and update the thread soon. If anyone has a comment or additional info on anything on this whole matter, please do post.
  • cadorno12cadorno12 Posts: 61 Member
    I don't usually leave comments in here but this is a good one. The full list of 105 Achievements for the sims 4. go to simsvip web site. Look for the sims 4 achievement list. It would not let me post the web site on here. It has the hidden ones included! Have fun!
    I've posted before that simsvip claimed some achievement (dunno which one now) is not bugged and thus simply I don't trust them.
    The reason this thread doesn't contain all achievements is me not being here for a while.

So 'till I update this thread I'd suggest checking Carl's Sims site, info I've seen on that site was never erroneous or misleading.
    Sorry.
  • lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,863 Member
    It's threads like these that make me think Sims 4 is worth a shot :p
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    So I was wondering, has anyone gotten "Can Reproduce" to work? In mine it didn't and I feel a little :neutral: after having played the family for so long as i usually never stick with it or get that many kids. I'm just obsessed with getting all the achievement :smiley:
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    KlrSims wrote: »

How do you complete that achievement?
    So I was wondering, has anyone gotten "Can Reproduce" to work? In mine it didn't and I feel a little :neutral: after having played the family for so long as i usually never stick with it or get that many kids. I'm just obsessed with getting all the achievement :smiley:
    That achievement is either bugged or was removed from the game code prior to game release (a few of them were). Maybe it reappears through some family oriented expansion or EA finally warms their chairs and fix all those annoyances in the game, but for the time being, you can't get it.
    It was supposed to appear if one sim gets 10 kids.
    How do you complete that achievement?
    The fastest way to get Legendary Legacy (100 generations household) is adoption+birthday cake. I didn't go for it due to horrible culling cap. It starts at cca 160 townies which means chasing this one will probably break your town completely.
    Since achievements storing bug is not fixed yet (are still not account based), I'm not making just one savegame to reach Legendary Legacy just to lose it when switching to another savegame.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top