Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Asylum Challenge

Comments

• Cam1121Cam1121 Posts: 1 New Member
    I tried the asylum challenge on easy and failed miserably! I'll try again though!
  • Pyur_JeniusPyur_Jenius Posts: 101 Member
    Cam1121 wrote: »
    I tried the asylum challenge on easy and failed miserably! I'll try again though!

Good for you! It just takes some practice, you'll get it and probably enjoy the game more as a result. This is by far the most fun i've had on S4.
    Jaz_in_SG-captioned%20copy_zps0ecd2f78.jpg

Greed destroys everything it touches.
    Gallery Link: PyurJenius
  • MBBrazellMBBrazell Posts: 12 New Member
    I started playing this challenge a few days ago. The other Sims keep setting themselves on fire. Nobody has yet to die. I guess they do somewhat care about eachother.
  • DogLoverKiss404DogLoverKiss404 Posts: 1 New Member
    First of all. I LOVE this challeng. I have a few questions.
    Can you have a coffee machine.
    Can you have a maids room.
    Are you allowed to join the detective, doctor/nurse and science.
    Are you allowed to upgrade the items when you have the money.
    edited June 2015
    First of all. I LOVE this challeng. I have a few questions.
    Can you have a coffee machine.
    Can you have a maids room.
    Are you allowed to join the detective, doctor/nurse and science.
    Are you allowed to upgrade the items when you have the money.

The OP said something about school and the last OP edit was in Feb. so i doubt there will be an "official" answer anytime soon. But i think the idea is to make it challenging enough for yourself that it's engaging without being frustrating. That's the idea behind levels of challenge. And it's always fine to alter the rules to suit yourself, i'd just say make your rules then keep them. If your sim doesn't make it maybe ease up on your rules and try again or push yourself to find strategies to succeed within the rules you first chose. Do whichever makes it fun for you, because that is the bottom line. :)

Edit: NOT to detract or redirect anyone from this OPs version, but to add to the fun, you may want to look at this other version of the challenge: http://sims4challengesrules.blogspot.com/2014/10/asylum-challenge-rulessims-4.html You can choose some "rules" for yourself based on one or a mix of both of these because every player is different and will find different methods less or more challenging.

I uploaded my asylum household to the gallery if anyone would like one ready-made. I have had the most fun playing this group!

• PoodlexxPoodlexx Posts: 119 Member
    i thought you could have jobs and a maid
  • wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    I finished up my medium difficulty challenge aabout a week ago. It was pretty fun, and I finally finished going through my screenshots of it, and I put them up on an imgur album with little descriptions about each.

Made me realize I didn't interact with Stanley and Ariana as much, but everyone kinda hated the crap out of them, lol. And they mostly sat around and played chess. *shrug*

Anyway, the link is here for anyone interested in looking at it. :)
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
    Nice, Wyn, great shots! Looks like it was fun. I made a little collage of mine so far-here. I was working on hard mode but it got kind of easy after the first couple weeks because money had increased, so i switched to that other set of rules i posted and failed..bad, lol! So now it's a story in progress that i intend to finish because i ended up with a very entertaining household. :)

• missbeemissbee Posts: 5 New Member
    I have a few questions..

1. As we go along and earn more money, are we able to buy fancier things? (E.X - Better stove, better sinks, better bathroom objects.)
    2. Can two sims in the Asylum get married?
    3. Are children able to be in the challenge?
    missbee wrote: »
    I have a few questions..

1. As we go along and earn more money, are we able to buy fancier things? (E.X - Better stove, better sinks, better bathroom objects.)
    2. Can two sims in the Asylum get married?
    3. Are children able to be in the challenge?

From what I've seen posted from other's questions...

1. No, you can only upgrade them via the handiness skill. If you want to get more/better decor, I think you're fine there though.
    2. Brings a whole new meaning to "those crazy kids" but I don't think there's anything saying they can't. :)
    3. The household starts with 8, so someone would have to die. After that it could get trickier since you're only supposed to be playing the main sim, but I'd be interested to see how a child raised by a house full of crazies would fare. Might actually bring a lot of flavor to your asylum.. so I say go for it. :)
    > @wyn said:
    > missbee wrote: »
    >
    > I have a few questions..
    >
    > 1. As we go along and earn more money, are we able to buy fancier things? (E.X - Better stove, better sinks, better bathroom objects.)
    > 2. Can two sims in the Asylum get married?
    > 3. Are children able to be in the challenge?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > From what I've seen posted from other's questions...
    >
    > 1. No, you can only upgrade them via the handiness skill. If you want to get more/better decor, I think you're fine there though.
    > 2. Brings a whole new meaning to "those crazy kids" but I don't think there's anything saying they can't. :)
    > 3. The household starts with 8, so someone would have to die. After that it could get trickier since you're only supposed to be playing the main sim, but I'd be interested to see how a child raised by a house full of crazies would fare. Might actually bring a lot of flavor to your asylum.. so I say go for it. :)

Thank you! This helped a lot!
    I, again, have a few more questions. ;-;

1. You can renevate the house, right? To make it look nice? (Too late if you can't..)
    2. Your main sim can get a job, too. Correct?
  • simswithcheesesimswithcheese Posts: 79 Member
    FINALLY updated the post for Get To Work and other things, I will answer questions when I can!
  • MissElorriMissElorri Posts: 27 Member
    Hi guys! I really want to try this challenge in Hard mode (medium and easy seems toooooo easy.) but i'm curious to know in which age setting you play? Normal or Long?
    Is it really hard in Normal lifespan? I always play in Long, but I find that way too easy to complete four aspirations.
  • HeledrielHeledriel Posts: 465 Member
    @MissElorri I played the hard mode on normal life span, and found it pretty tough to complete the four aspiration, you probably have to choose them more carefully. Career related things are always complicated atleast if you need level 5 or 8, I couldn't get my sim to be promoted fast enough.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
    wW5u961.gif
    MissElorri wrote: »
    Hi guys! I really want to try this challenge in Hard mode (medium and easy seems toooooo easy.) but i'm curious to know in which age setting you play? Normal or Long?
    Is it really hard in Normal lifespan? I always play in Long, but I find that way too easy to complete four aspirations.

Even on medium, I played on a long life span.. I didn't want my sims being too old when they got out! Especially since I got fairly attached to the one I was playing and her best friend in there.

missbee wrote: »
    I, again, have a few more questions. ;-;

1. You can renevate the house, right? To make it look nice? (Too late if you can't..)
    2. Your main sim can get a job, too. Correct?

1. I personally built my own asylum and decorated it to look nice from the beginning, just beware of how nice you make it, since you still have to pay the bills and you only have your starter amount :)
    2. Depends on the level of difficulty. *checks first post* On easy, everyone can get a job, they just all have to be criminals other than the playable sim. On medium, only 2 sims, other than your playable, are allowed jobs and those must also be criminals. On hard mode, no playable sims are allowed jobs, and your main sim can only have one if the aspiration requires it.
    edited June 2015
    @wyn Thank you so much :)
    edited June 2015
    MissElorri wrote: »
    My sim's aspiration, mischief, didn't require a job but was social and even raised her fun once she leveled up. That was made a bit more difficult, though, by the fact that she was also a loner. She had the creative trait so she was able to make good aspiration progress, keep things mostly repaired and pay the high bills with paintings. That said, I failed bad when I switched from long to normal lifespan, but throughout my play I also didn't use any artificial mood changers, not even showers, and used the lot requirements from http://sims4challengesrules.blogspot.com regarding the furniture and skill items and restrictions. I think i'd have a chance if i start out again on normal lifespan with non-loner creative sim who has no job requirement.

That said, i also have a clarification question about the aspiration count for @simswithcheese regarding this:
    @Nicarra60 When I mean Aspiration I mean the Computer Wiz aspiration for example. I'm not talking about completing and entire category of aspirations like completing the entire Knowledge Aspiration set. Originally I did have that in easy mode they have to only complete one aspiration, but I thought that would be too quick so I changed it to two. I will consider changing it back to having to complete one aspiration for Easy, two aspirations for Medium and three aspirations for Hard if it's way too hard to do.
    Using the Computer Whiz aspiration as the example, the actual one "Aspiration" is called "Computer Whiz" and within that one aspiration there are four milestones (just as every aspiration has four "Milestones"):
    Milestone I: With the Program
    Milestone II: Technically Adept
    Milestone III: Computer Geek
    Milestone IV: Computer Whiz

So when you give the rule for hard mode as "- Complete four aspirations, then you are free!" does that mean complete four "Milestones" under a single aspiration or complete four "Aspirations" which equals sixteen "Milestones"? That distinction will make an enormous difference. :)

After a play-through i know that if the count is four Aspirations/sixteen Milestones, there is no way i'll ever be able to make it on a normal lifespan by adulthood which was what i was aiming for. Also, for me, sixteen Milestones is just too long a game. I'd choose a lower Milestone count with a shorter lifespan for this to keep it fun. Maybe it would help players to have a chart with Milestone count per lifespan choice for each level. I'd find it very helpful.

Thanks for doing this, btw! This is the only serious fun i've had yet on S4! :D

edited June 2015
    I finished the challenge :smiley:
    Post edited by missbee on
  • RareRascal225RareRascal225 Posts: 30 Member
    So, are inmates allowed to have intimate relationships?
  • niecee4niecee4 Posts: 86 Member
    edited June 2015
    I just recorded Day 1 of my Asylum Challenge LP! And OMG first day was fine until bedtime. My MAIN sim didnt get a bed! She tried leaving to go sleep on a park bench next door. Is the Locked doors cheat allowed? Only the front door so that they dont try to leave again to sleep somewhere else? The back yard is fenced in so I dont think that will be a problem... or I could just remove the front door all together...if I do use the locked doors cheat, I promise not to use it on a bedroom for my main Sim.

@simswithcheese
  • niecee4niecee4 Posts: 86 Member
    Heres my LP of my Asylum Challenge. The Sims 4 - Episode 1 - Asylum Challenge: https://youtu.be/fRsBHOvmSmM
  • -Chill_Koala--Chill_Koala- Posts: 1 New Member
    How do I set my sim free? And once I set the sim I control free, do I choose a new sim to control?
  • TipTip Posts: 1,018 Member
    I have started this challenge on medium mode, I love love LOVE it!

So tense when they are repairing the fridge...
    Ugh, now repair the toilet...
    Sink...
    Shower - these people are animals!
    :)