Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gift of Creation Game *Join the Fun*

Comments

• NagyGinaNagyGina Posts: 833 Member
    @anettesb, I absolutely :love: it! And when we first moved out of the city (apartment life), into our new home, it was yellow (fond memories)... I will try to get it in game in a bit. I also really like that pattern! :kissing_heart:

@ZeeGee, your Pink Starter home is definitely awesome! And I know I can use it (need a variety of color in most worlds anyway). :kissing_heart:
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    I don't understand this.
    @GITTE2001: How the game works, depends on what you wish to do or how you would like to play, you can post a Creation Wishlist (letting us all know what you wish to have created to your liking), you could post a Concept & Ideas Whishlist (allowing us to present pics, ideas, storylines, etc. to help in what you like to create in game), and/or you can peruse through all the Creation Wishlists and create fun gifts for others. :smiley: As @anettesb had stated, "the point is to have fun and make others happy with your creations + get inspired + get nice creations" and @ajaxpost elaborated, "...but basically it's a place for us to share our creativity by building lots or creating Sims for people who need them. There's lots of info on page one but if you have a specific question about either posting a creation wishlist or a creation someone will rush to help you out." As for the prizes, they are done as a lotto monthly for all Creation Gift Entries. Sponsors will raid winners wishlists with their Store Wishlist wants. ;) Hope this helps. And I do hope you will join in on the fun! :kissing_heart:

And thank you both, @anettesb & @ajaxpost (now who is being too kind? <3) for your explanations. I really do need to work on that front page better for clarity, even I am confused reading it (I deleted a lot, but forgot to add in certain details in the Q&A.

I will update the front page in a bit (forgive me), but I have been without my Sim fix for far too long, going in game to create a free-spirited bohemian couple (actually @WhimsicalWind and I are going to create together) and a nice cozy home to fit into @Aaronsims Boho Chic Aurora Skies Makeover. Also, I want to get a chance to put Lindsey Stirling (that the awemazing @ZeeGee stripped of CC for me) into another game :love:!!! So, if I disappear for a bit, please forgive me, but I have not had my Sims fix in quite some time! Haha :p

Until then...

Big Pixel Hugs Everyone! <3
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    @NagyGina
    glad you like it
    I hope it runs well in your game... not infested with aliens and critters like in my game....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • jbsquared2000jbsquared2000 Posts: 895 Member
    Creator’s Username: jbsquared2000
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site: store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=jbsquared2000
    Item Title: Haute Little Hacienda
    Creation Wishlist Username & # of Item or Unofficial Wishlist Username: @XxHannelorexX : she requested starter homes, any style, with re-colored items. (although this may also work for the lovely @KaytayRoall, too)
    Exchange or Mediafire Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8680281#
    Description: A single-story starter home, priced (furnished) at $16,161, and designed in the Spanish style.
    Details: Almost everything in this build has been re-colored to match, and to provide unique colors/textures that work for this build specifically. No CC, CAP and has been custard checked.
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used?: No

Pictures or Link to Original Post (If in another thread):

Haute%20Hacienda1.jpg

HauteHacienda%202.jpg

HauteHacienda%203.jpg

HauteHacienda%205.jpg

HauteHacienda%206.jpg

Here, among friends, you can call me Jewels (or Julie).
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

My thread of Sincere Thanks
    No more wishlist for me! It disappeared in a poof of gift-giving smoke!
  • VGryphonVGryphon Posts: 1,310 Member
    Wow, what a great little build, Jewels!
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
    Click here to request a signature banner.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    edited October 2017
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    "Pinkadelic" you say? Ain't it just!! :open_mouth: And so much room; that's what I like to see, so my starter family has some room to grow into into before getting into expensive rebuilding. :)

The 'Unfurnished' price does seem a bit awkward to get to - as I recall if you start a new game and select the lot for a new family to move into it should give you both prices; it didn't see it either when I was already in a game and using Edit Town to move a household in.

And thank you for the kind comment about my little cottage :)

That's what really got me hooked on the forums ... so many creative ideas, so much inspiration to do new and exciting things in my game

You're welcome and I do like pink, hehe. For everyone who is not a pinkaholic, I've uploaded a blue version of the starter home. And yes! This forum has given me so many ideas. So here's my next entry :)

Creation Entry: Starter home

Creator’s Username: ZeeGee

Entrant’s Username: @ajaxpost (1.I've said I am a bit rubbish at residential lots so would welcome any new smallish 'starter' homes to help populate my towns; homes suitable for a couple, perhaps just starting a family. So there will need to be two bedrooms and, because kids love pets, some open space to add a pet bed, bird cage or terrarium. Outside there should be space for a small veg and fruit garden and room for the family to play/relax outdoors. At the moment I am playing Hidden Springs so they should fit into that environment. The main rule, though, is that they will need to be reasonably affordable.)

Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on sims 3 Site: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=ZeeGee966

Item Title: Turquoise Tranquility Starter home

Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8680386

Description: A family starter home with 2 bdr, 2 bath

Details: A starter home on the lake for your growing family! Built at 6 Subalpine Circle, Hidden Springs. 2 bdr, 2 bath, 30 x 30 lot, $18,053. No CC.

Furnished: $18,053

Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? No

EDIT: Mya called me awemazing, hehe! So I want to dedicate this build to Nathan and Mya because his points bought me Hidden Springs and her list caused him to spend them on my list. Did that make sense? :P @NagyGina @WhimsicalWind

5OlgDZI.jpg

qpd1Ral.jpg
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
    That's gorgeous, Julie! You're really good with color. @jbsquared2000
    edited June 2015
    Thank you, @VGryphon and @ZeeGee! :smiley: You know, it actually didn't start out with a Spanish style at all. It just sort of took that turn. I love when builds take on a life of their own.

Zee you, too, have a flair for color! Thank you for sharing your adorable houses! I typically cheat and raise my Sim's household incomes so I can move them into better houses right away, but with all of these great starter homes to choose from, I may live life on the straight and narrow from now on! :smiley:

Edit because I just noticed the flamingos! So cute!! :)
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

anettesb wrote: »
    •Creator’s Username: anettesb
    •Nominee's Username (you can nominate yourself): will be find a nomine if I win
    •Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site:
    •Item Title: danish 50's home
    •Creation Wishlist Username & # of Item or Unofficial Wishlist Username: @NagyGina wish number 5
    •Exchange or Mediafire Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8680179
    •Description:
    a family home based on my childhood home (that was build in the late 50's early 60's)
    inside it is inspired by the historical mocies form that time. I ahve later learnt that danish homes in the 50's was very difrent from the homes of US especially in colors.
    •Details:
    hmm uploades say I used showtime and fastlane...I'm pretty sure I didn't...
    the trash compresor is just to be a trachcan under the table in the kitchen, a design choice, the pc is to be a type writter.

•Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? no
    •Pictures or Link to Original Post (If in another thread):
    pictures starts here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13705587/#Comment_13705587

b8o4rm.jpg

@anettesb - I love your nostalgic 50's home! The garage was a very nice and authentic touch. I didn't realize that US and Danish 50's houses were different in colors, either. What was the main difference, that you have discovered? Also, what world did you build this in? The scenery is lovely! :)

edited June 2015
    •Creation Wishlist Username & # of Item or Unofficial Wishlist Username: @NagyGina wish number 5
    •Exchange or Mediafire Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8680179
    •Description:
    a family home based on my childhood home (that was build in the late 50's early 60's)
    inside it is inspired by the historical mocies form that time. I ahve later learnt that danish homes in the 50's was very difrent from the homes of US especially in colors.
    •Details:
    hmm uploades say I used showtime and fastlane...I'm pretty sure I didn't...
    the trash compresor is just to be a trachcan under the table in the kitchen, a design choice, the pc is to be a type writter.

•Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? no
    •Pictures or Link to Original Post (If in another thread):
    pictures starts here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13705587/#Comment_13705587

b8o4rm.jpg

@anettesb - I love your nostalgic 50's home! The garage was a very nice and authentic touch. I didn't realize that US and Danish 50's houses were different in colors, either. What was the main difference, that you have discovered? Also, what world did you build this in? The scenery is lovely! :)

Thank you

I build in Hidden Springs

hmm discorverd a word difrents... as it is open we call it a carport... garage have to be closed in Denmark.
    Teak wood being the main difrent... many clasic danish design furnitur was out in the 50's and they where often dark wood... and @nagygina pointed out it was very dark... but thats how dark it was, and it seems more danish homes (even if using moderen design for that time) had left over things form the family old things.
    all the pastel you see in the advertising.. was mostly there in the advertising....
    this home is actualy light compared to the real home, do to all the build in cabinets (that had the same wood as the doors) not being there....

in the real house we had a build up sheet behind the garage... but the lot had a difrent shape L and was longer... the vegi garden was out side my parents bedroom... and the play house (lillebo) was furter that way.

this is part of a historical serie
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29xiwlbTm20
    this is to be in about 1960... so late in the time yes

same serie props

Ida.jpg
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I'm caught up on rec's for everyone, I think! Love some of those new builds! I did make a home on my laptop during vacation, but I haven't finished CASing it yet.
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Great family home Anette :heart:

Since I was a child (not quite old enough to remember the fifties!) I've always loved old fashioned homes with lots of rooms full of things to discover. The way you've used decorative clutter is fabulous - the attic space is awesome and even just simple things like the towel in the kitchen really add to the authenticity of the home.

As Mya @NagyGina says in your build thread it is sometimes difficult to find enough pieces that properly fit a particular style
    or age for all the rooms but that aside this is a beautiful build.
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site: store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=jbsquared2000
    You did it! With a fireplace too! And it is gorgeous! :heart:

Really like the windows and the colour choices, they definitely have that Spanish 'hacienda' vibe :)

Love the colourful plants and the little garden lights along the path, beautifully done.

ZeeGee wrote: »
    Creation Entry: Starter home
    Creator’s Username: ZeeGee
    Entrant’s Username: @ajaxpost (1.I've said I am a bit rubbish at residential lots so would welcome any new smallish 'starter' homes to help populate my towns; homes suitable for a couple, perhaps just starting a family. So there will need to be two bedrooms and, because kids love pets, some open space to add a pet bed, bird cage or terrarium. Outside there should be space for a small veg and fruit garden and room for the family to play/relax outdoors. At the moment I am playing Hidden Springs so they should fit into that environment. The main rule, though, is that they will need to be reasonably affordable.)
    Aww, bless you, thank you so much! :blush:

You have so ticked all the boxes for me; such a neatly arranged home with lots of space for kids (or pets) to play in and so affordable too! :heart:

Oh, and who told you that green is one of my favourite colours? Great choice for the furnishings. :)
    Thank you @ajaxpost
    edited June 2015
    You did it! With a fireplace too! And it is gorgeous! :heart:

Really like the windows and the colour choices, they definitely have that Spanish 'hacienda' vibe :)

Love the colourful plants and the little garden lights along the path, beautifully done.

Thank you! :smiley: I'm not really sure how I did it, either. I put the other house I was building on hold, and started on this one, because I just couldn't get the other one the way I wanted, for such a small price. Anyway, when I got this one to $18,494, I stopped, saved and got out of the game. I came back in later, to check everything, and it said the house was worth $12,147. I have no idea how that happened. With the extra lee-way, I was able to add more finishes and square footage than it would have had. Weird.

Now I'm off to scout out more wishes. I love trying to fill wishes, not only because it's fun and challenging, but also because I have been ending up with some neat items in my game that I probably wouldn't have built on my own! (psst - so thank you AGAIN @NagyGina for getting this up and running! <3 )

Zee you, too, have a flair for color! Thank you for sharing your adorable houses! I typically cheat and raise my Sim's household incomes so I can move them into better houses right away, but with all of these great starter homes to choose from, I may live life on the straight and narrow from now on! :smiley:

Edit because I just noticed the flamingos! So cute!! :)

Thank you :smile:<3 I have been doing the same, move them into the prefab, do a quick motherlode, then move them out. That is why I love this thread. It's inspired me to do things differently and also to go back to basics and learn some building and pattern techniques that I skimped on by using CC. I noticed you have pretty pictures on your build and did some googling. I found S3 UIC by Zinda's Golden Sims. Is that what you use? A little afraid of downloading exe without a recommendation. @jbsquared2000
    Aww, bless you, thank you so much! :blush:

You have so ticked all the boxes for me; such a neatly arranged home with lots of space for kids (or pets) to play in and so affordable too! :heart:

Oh, and who told you that green is one of my favourite colours? Great choice for the furnishings. :)

I'm so happy you like it! I tried to stick close to what you asked for. Didn't know green was your favorite color or I would have made it even 'greener,' hehe. Thank you so much for the fireplace! That's just a quickie thanks, real thanks later in my picture thread. :smiley::heart:

edited June 2015
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    I noticed you have pretty pictures on your build and did some googling. I found S3 UIC by Zinda's Golden Sims. Is that what you use? A little afraid of downloading exe without a recommendation. @jbsquared2000

Yes, that is exactly what I use! I did the same, and noticed others who had really nice pictures for their uploads and mine looked so awful, so @Teegers told me about S3 UIC, and that's what I use, now. I haven't had any problems with it, at all. I take the screenshots, then head to a website like PicMonkey or BeFunky to put my pictures into collages, then insert them into the UIC. It's a few extra steps, but I think the end result makes a huge difference. :smile:

• Misscow1PMisscow1P Posts: 366 Member
    Creator’s Username: Misscow1P
    Nominee's Username: Misscow1P
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site:
    Item Title: Judith's Family Department Store
    Creation Wishlist Username & # of Item or Unofficial Wishlist Username:
    Exchange or Mediafire Link:
    Description: Judith's Family is a department store. The first floor contains many different outfits to choose from (at least one per category for each age and gender), as well as light decor for your home. The second floor is a children's store and even contains a toy machine if your sim isn't already satisfied with the available merchandise. There is a pet store as well as a bathroom on the third floor
    Details: If you wish for your sim to own this lot, change the lot type from Market to Consignment Store. Some of the items on the first floor may be hard to access if bought from rugs or shelves. If you have that issue, your sim can easily buy any item from the register.
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? No
    Pictures or Link to Original Post (If in another thread): http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13740985/#Comment_13740985
    edited June 2015
    just wanted to link to this fantastic studio... if in need of an animal... you likely find it there...
    LittleV

be advare that LittleV do use cc, so custard scan first to make sure you don't get any with the animal
    Yes, that is exactly what I use! I did the same, and noticed others who had really nice pictures for their uploads and mine looked so awful, so @Teegers told me about S3 UIC, and that's what I use, now. I haven't had any problems with it, at all. I take the screenshots, then head to a website like PicMonkey or BeFunky to put my pictures into collages, then insert them into the UIC. It's a few extra steps, but I think the end result makes a huge difference. :smile:

Thanks, Jewels, and your write up?? Seriously, are you a realtor/estate agent?! Awesome job.

edited June 2015
    Item Title: Two Story Starter
    Creation Wishlist Username & # of Item or Unofficial Wishlist Username: @TnT_Terry to thank her for being so kind. :)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/10158313#Comment_10158313

Exchange or Mediafire Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8681134
    Description: This is a two-story starter home on a 25x25 lot. The color scheme contains greens, blues, taupes, creams, beiges, and a few splashes of burgundy for accent. The lot has been landscaped.
    Details: Almost everything in this build has been re-colored to match, and to provide unique colors/textures that work for this build specifically. No CC, CAP and has been custard checked.
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used?: No

Pictures or Link to Original Post (If in another thread):

Two%20Story%20Starter%201.jpg

Two%20Story%20Starter%202.jpg

Two%20Story%20Starter%204.jpg

Two%20Story%20Starter%203.jpg

Whew! I finally got this starter home down to JUST below budget at $18,494! (Now, if I could only be this disciplined in real life.. :unamused: ) :smiley:

@jbsquared2000
    what a wonderful little house
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    I just saw Anette's post of the link to this thread. This is awesome! I will join in after I've read through everything and am sure of how it works :) It will be a lot of fun I think! Great idea!
    @jbsquared2000
    what a wonderful little house

Thank you! :smile:<3

tanubanue wrote: »
    I just saw Anette's post of the link to this thread. This is awesome! I will join in after I've read through everything and am sure of how it works :) It will be a lot of fun I think! Great idea!

yea

the basic is:
    - creat a wish list of items you like for people to create for you
    - make creations for others, following their wishes

• pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    (I hope I'm doing this right :) )

Creator’s Username: @MariTomKaulitZ
    Wishlist Link: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=MariTomKaulitZ
    Item Title: Blomgren Family
    Creation Wishlist Username & # of Item or Unofficial Wishlist Username:
    Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8680070
    Description: I made this family for @Aaronsims' Aurora Skies Boho Chic Make-Over Contest.

Lars and Charlotte Blomgren have are high school sweethearts, that have lived in Aurora Skies their entire lives. Charlotte loves being outside, and spends hours upon hours in her garden. Lars is a comic book writer and designer, and is an animal lover. They have two kids, Björn and Bente. Björn is a teenager, and a bit of a rebel. He dreams of having his own band, and plays his guitar ever day. Bente is a cheerful toddler, that is very curious and gets excited about everything. The family has two pets; a little dog that just turned one, and is called Harvey, and an old cat named Lily. Lily's not too fond of Harvey, as he's very hyperactive.

Details: No CC, CAP or CAW - I did use a few Store items.

2qa4i1v.jpg
  • NagyGinaNagyGina Posts: 833 Member
    I am sooOooo excited to see sooOooo many more entrants and buzz! I have a lot to catch up on... please forgive me, I attempted to get my Sims 3 fix and was able to create a male in CAS and a dog in CAS, but the female kept crashing... I will get back to that later and post pics too of my progress ;)

I shall update and comment when I return. Thank you everyone!

Until then...

Big Pixel Hugs Everyone! <3