Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

update fails

tmelancontmelancon Posts: 120 Member
The update keeps failing. Could it be because everyone is downloading the update? I usually never catch the updates right when they come out. :/
xRArK6t.png

Comments

• mercy55funmercy55fun Posts: 78 Member
    I thought it was just me. I am having a problem also.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    sorry to hear @tmelancon can you describe how its failing? like can you not download at all or not install the download. also something to try reboot the computer and dont use wifi if still trying to download and make sure when you connect to router that wifi is turned off.
  • tmelancontmelancon Posts: 120 Member
    It prepares the update and then once it gets past that it says download fails at 7%. But I have tried it again now it is at 12 %. I restarted the update and it is increasing now so fingers crossed.
    xRArK6t.png

• RemySimsRemySims Posts: 380 Member
    Mine says it has 63 hours left :worried: Not sure if that is right or not.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2015
    tmelancon wrote: »
    It prepares the update and then once it gets past that it says download fails at 7%. But I have tried it again now it is at 12 %. I restarted the update and it is increasing now so fingers crossed.

Are you using broadband because your connection may be timing out and I may be wrong. Also it may be due to so many people connecting to EA/Maxis servers, my DL speeds is 55 to 60 Mbps and it took 5 to 10 mins to dl when normally it used to dling 2 to 4 mins, the patch must have been big.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • chrissie11778chrissie11778 Posts: 223 Member
    I am a little annoyed that I have to update my game before running it yet this update keeps stopping due to errors.
    cc4simscomindugledv.jpg
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    Mine isn't failing but it sure is a lot slower than usual...
    it is a big patch at almost half gb so do turn off web browser and plug into router and dont keep restarting it. but you may also have better results if you wait for less traffic, sorry :( like gold posted you having fluctuating download % means its moving sluggishly
    I have timewarner cable, and I think it is at or near the fastest speed that they do. but it is now at 92%.
    xRArK6t.png

I have timewarner cable, and I think it is at or near the fastest speed that they do. but it is now at 92%.
    oh good!
    Thank you everyone :)
    xRArK6t.png

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Thank you everyone :)
    You are welcome, if you are not playing now you will soon enough. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    If you still experience issues when trying to update please be sure to make an Origin Error Report, here are some instructions on how to submit one: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-use-origin-error-reporting/
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • chrissie11778chrissie11778 Posts: 223 Member
    Mine finally downloaded, I have the fastest internet you can buy in my area and never have a problem downloading or streaming movies etc. I think with this being such a large download, it is putting a strain on EA's servers.
    cc4simscomindugledv.jpg
  • RemySimsRemySims Posts: 380 Member
    Mine finally downloaded too! Very excited to start playing now.
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Mines going at 160kbps but that's the usual for my internet settings (crappy, I know), I'm sure it'll be fine once the servers calm down.
  • jujee55jujee55 Posts: 588 Member
    Mine was at 88% said the update failed. It had a pause button I pushed it and it restarted at 48%. I'm hoping whatever happened didn't corrupt the update.
    jujee55 wrote: »
    Mine was at 88% said the update failed. It had a pause button I pushed it and it restarted at 48%. I'm hoping whatever happened didn't corrupt the update.

i think you should be fine :) the falling back to 48% should be a sign that the downloading isnt corrupting meaning it returns to level it has completely downloaded
    I just made it to 71% and it went back to 48%. I have 1.5Mb internet wondering if I'm timing out with Orgin or something.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    I just made it to 71% and it went back to 48%. I have 1.5Mb internet wondering if I'm timing out with Orgin or something.

Hello @jujee55. Try turning on safe downloading and see if that helps. To do that click origin, then application settings then tick safe mode downloading.
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @jujee55. Try turning on safe downloading and see if that helps. To do that click origin, then application settings then tick safe mode downloading.
    oh good tip rosemow! i hope that helps and please if it does post back jujee for others i ve seen a few others post this issue in GD
    I did finally get mine to download, I closed my browser so the update was the only thing on and it did finally finish. I didn't know about the safe mode downloading but made a note of it for the next patch. Thanks to everyone for the help.
    I did finally get mine to download, I closed my browser so the update was the only thing on and it did finally finish. I didn't know about the safe mode downloading but made a note of it for the next patch. Thanks to everyone for the help.

glad to hear you finally got it installed happy simming
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member

I am glad that your update has installed now :)