Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cleaning Up The Cove (A Sims 2 Legacy Story)

Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
edited May 2015 in The Sims 2
snapshot_425550e9_6255554d_zpsyclztkav.jpg

My name is Kyari Michaels. I grew up in Belladonna Cove, a city rife with crime and street violence. As a child, I witnessed my mother's death at the hands of the criminals who litter my city. Since then, I have grown up in group homes with only one goal - survive to adulthood. Now that I am eighteen, I have vowed to dedicate my life to cleaning up Belladonna Cove and taking down those who are poisoning my city in order to honour my mother's memory. To do this, I cannot become like them; I cannot stoop to the level of a common street thug to achieve my aims. I must become more than that. I must become better.

Hello! Here's the (very short) prologue to my Sims 2 Legacy Challenge! Kyari's back story is based off the TV series Arrow and this prologue is a rewritten version of Oliver Queen's opening monologue for season one of Arrow. I like to describe Kyari's story as the plot of Arrow if Laurel Lance was the main character.

I'm playing for points for the first time and following all the rules to the letter with a couple exceptions:
  • I'm playing with the college adjuster mod. I'm not using it to change grades, only to skip to the final exam of a semester once my Sim reaches an A through good ol' fashioned hard work. I find University takes way too long if I don't use that.
  • I have Inteen in my game but I won't be using most of the features. My handicaps I chose actually forbid most features from being used.
  • Some custom content items I have are very cheap but look nice. It's somewhat cheating but I hate to limit the CC I can use. It stifles creativity.

Kyari's Info
Aspiration: Family
Star Sign: Virgo
Fitness: Average
Personality:
  • Neat (8)
  • Shy (2)
  • Active (6)
  • Serious (3)
  • Grouchy/Nice (5)
Turn Ons: Red Hair, Glasses
Turn Off: Full Face Paint
Interests:
  • Politics - 3
  • Money - 1
  • Environment - 2
  • Crime - 3
  • Entertainment - 0
  • Culture - 3
  • Food - 6
  • Health - 4
  • Fashion - 7
  • Sports - 5
  • Paranormal - 7
  • Travel - 5
  • Work - 4
  • Weather - 7
  • Animals - 4
  • School - 4
  • Toys - 4
  • Sci-Fi - 4

Handicaps
Pinstar added numerous handicaps to the legacy challenge to make the challenge harder and to also give the opportunity for more points. You need at least 10 points worth of handicaps to have a chance at earning a perfect score but handicaps are optional. I went with the full 10 points worth of handicaps. The handicaps I chose reflect Kyari's general personality, beliefs, values and story in some way.

Well Dressed Sims
Noble Composure
Matriarchy
One Way Street
Strict Family Values
Free Roaming Ghosts
Storyteller
International Turmoil
Danger Zone
Post edited by Ashleigh825 on

Comments

• Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Yes!! More!
  • Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Yes!! More!

I'm glad you like the intro! I just got Kyari through university today so there'll be an update sometime later today (after I sleep, lol). :)

edited May 2015
    Chapter One: You Don't Belong Here

Académie Le Tour. The most prestigious university any young person could ever hope to be accepted into and here I was, luggage in hand, getting ready to unpack in my new dorm room, yet the distinct feeling of unease was palpable. It was as if the entire campus was screaming at me "You don't belong here!"

I was here to prove that idea wrong. I was here to show the upper class that a girl raised in group homes in Belladonna Cove could be the change the city desperately needs. I was here to become more than just the street rat the rest of the world expected me to be.

snapshot_425550e9_2255737d_zpsfrreosxu.jpg

The first thing I noticed when I stepped into my new dorm room was that there was no wardrobe. Well that was fine. I'd just get my own. If I was going to show these wealthy trust fund kids that I was on the same level as them, I had to look my best. That much was obvious. It may seem superficial but the right first impression is crucial in almost all social situations.

The second thing I noticed was there was a computer in the room. Right. I'd be using that a lot during my stay here. Everything was online these days, including registrations, which reminded me... I still needed to pick my major.

snapshot_425550e9_62555462_zpsprrxpxbj.jpg

"The earlier, the better, I guess," I told myself. I set my bags down and booted up the PC. I already knew what I wanted to major in. I'd known since sixth grade that I wanted to get into politics and be the change I wanted to see in my city. Political Science seemed the obvious choice but Belladonna Cove was also a city suffering from poverty and a poor economy. To fix my city, I needed more than just an understanding of politics. I needed to understand the economy. I went ahead and signed myself up as an Economics major.

I had barely finished picking my major when I heard knocking on my dorm room door. They really didn't waste time rolling out the welcome wagon to freshmen, did they? I glanced at my bags.

I guess unpacking could wait...
    edited May 2015
    Chapter Two: Ivy League

"Hi there freshman!" I was greeted by a bubbly blonde at my dorm room door. "My name's Ivy Fuchs and I'm your floor rep for this school year! I'm going around to all the dorms on this floor, getting to know all my awesome new floor mates!"

snapshot_425550e9_e255733e_zpstjetnllc.jpg

I had traveled a long way from Belladonna Cove and I was tired and feeling out of my element so this hyperactive floor representative caught me off guard. I stammered dumbly for a moment before responding. "I'm Kyari. Kyari Michaels. Nice to meet you, Ivy."

"Kyari Michaels?" she pondered my name. "Why do I know that name... OH!" her eyes went wide. "Kyari from Belladonna Cove, right?" Well that was unnerving.

"Yes, that's me. How did you know that?" I asked her.

snapshot_425550e9_8255730c_zpsysk7djns.jpg

"Oh everyone's been talking about you!" Ivy told me. "It's not every day we get a Cove dweller attending Academie Le Tour, after all! You're big news around campus! You don't look anything like I pictured you, actually," she said. I raised my eyebrows and crossed my arms.

"You mean I don't look like some kind of criminal?" I asked her.

"Well... yeah," Ivy admitted, her face flushing pink with embarrassment.

"Not everyone in Belladonna Cove lives a life of crime. You should take everything you see on the news with a grain of salt. They want ratings more than they want to inform the public," I advised her calmly even though I was deeply offended by the assumption about my character. If I wanted to right the wrongs done to my city and its people through political endeavours, I couldn't allow my anger to control me. I must always remain composed but passionate about the causes I fight for. How could I show the world that the people of the Cove shouldn't be treated like animals by acting like an animal? I would only solidify their false assumptions in their minds if I did that.

snapshot_425550e9_0255727d_zpslpfax6qs.jpg

"Oh right! Of course, totally true!" Ivy agreed quickly. I wasn't yet sure if she was just trying to smooth things over to spare her own embarrassment or if she genuinely felt sorry for pigeonholing me before she met me. She asked me what my major was and I told her I had just declared the Economics major. "Economics? I have a friend majoring in Economics so I can totally show you around the dorm and point out all the stuff you'll be using to brush up on your skills!" she offered. "Want to take a little tour?" she asked me. I decided I could forgive her for her poor first impression and smiled.

"Sure, I'd like that, thanks," I accepted the offer.

She showed me to a full-length mirror in the lounge and a chess table in the lobby. She also pointed out the bookcase. "Logic and Charisma will be your two main focuses but I'll warn you now; freshmen get stuck with a lot of crummy general courses that have nothing to do with their majors," Ivy told me. "Practice speeches in front of the mirror to build up your Charisma and play chess to build Logic. Don't forget to have some fun, too. You look like a Film & Literature kind of girl and the lounge is fully stocked up on books and good movies."

snapshot_425550e9_225566b5_zpsay9nnbvu.jpg

Ivy eventually left me to go meet some more freshmen and I was left to my own devices. I would check out the novels and movies later; work before play. I wanted a head start on my classes but Ivy was right. Most of my classes had nothing to do with Economics but getting a 4.0 GPA was still important. I was here on scholarships and had to maintain good grades to keep my funding. I settled down with a skill book about Cleaning (which was utterly boring, honestly, how many different ways are there to scrub a toilet?!)

snapshot_425550e9_625566ff_zpseox6tt6h.jpg

A guy took a seat next to me and buried himself in a Mechanical skill book. I attempted polite conversation.

"Hi. I'm Kyari. I'm a freshman, it's nice to meet you," I told him. He barely glanced at me.

"I know who you are. Don't bother me. I have better things to do than associate with Cove dwelling thugs," he scoffed. "Why don't you go back to whatever rat hole you crawled out of and let us proper folks get proper educations?"

snapshot_425550e9_6255675b_zpsyhfallqp.jpg

I opened my mouth to respond but he stood up abruptly and stalked away in order to avoid having to debate with me. Funny, for a "proper" person at a "proper" school, you'd think a simple debate on social justice issues wouldn't frighten him.

I tried to keep my attention focused on my book but my dorm mate's ignorant comments upset me more than I should have allowed them to. I put the book away and took my own self-guided tour, meeting and greeting several different people along the way but I could hear the whispers when I turned my back.

snapshot_425550e9_025573e3_zpsubryu5ki.jpg

"How embarrassing that Academie Le Tour is letting riffraff like that in here."

snapshot_425550e9_22557397_zps9srj08ke.jpg

"Who does she think she is, walking in here as if Cove rats belong here? The nerve!"

snapshot_425550e9_c25574c6_zpsnch80oyb.jpg

"A Cove rat trying to fit in at Academie Le Tour? What a joke!"

It was clear that people like Ivy were the minority here and that I wasn't wanted, but I wouldn't let my tears fall. I was here because I earned my place here through hard work, not because my wealthy parents bought my way in for me and they would see that in time. I just had to be patient and not lose sight of my goals.
    edited May 2015
    Chapter Three: If The Dress Fits

My first year at Academie Le Tour seemed to go by in one hectic blur. I was no closer to being accepted by anyone on campus except for Ivy but I hardly had time to be bothered by it. My workload didn't allow me to have time for friends and a social life but I did take Ivy's advice and indulge in film and literature as a hobby whenever I needed to unwind from my classes.

snapshot_425550e9_a2557572_zpsjtkjfvam.jpg

I don't even know what my thesis is anymore... I thought to myself near the end of the school year. I was in my dorm room, staring at a half-written term paper about the effects of politics on the economy. I was overwhelmed. I hadn't slept more than a few hours a night all week, I barely had time to eat, I was running on coffee and will power alone and I just couldn't think anymore.

snapshot_425550e9_02557552_zpswdjgb37a.jpg

I could hear Ivy's voice in my head. "Kyari, you can't spend the best years of your life locked away studying! Good grades are important but so is your sanity, you know?" Ivy and I had actually become good friends over the course of the school year. It turned out she wasn't as bad as my first impression of her made her out to be. My term paper wasn't getting finished anytime soon so why not? I finally left my dorm and took a walk down to the boutique on campus.

Fashion was one thing I had a weakness for. I had so many clothes, I needed my own wardrobe to fit them all and I couldn't resist trying on every new dress that came in to the local boutiques even if I couldn't afford them. Fashion is a form of art and expression; one that I had the power to use to influence the way people perceive me so I was always conscious about what I decided to wear and the message I wanted to send out to the world through my clothing choices. Politicians have to look professional and well put-together.

snapshot_425550e9_22557984_zpszlwduzqz.jpg

Unfortunately, the prices at this trendy place were aimed at the majority of Academie Le Tour students... meaning wealthier than me. I'd empty out my bank account buying a pair of earrings here, let alone a dress but there was no law saying I couldn't try on what I liked, anyway. I had almost managed to forget how stressed I was and have fun posing in the dresses in front of the mirror when a girl from one of my classes walked by and scoffed.

snapshot_425550e9_e2557998_zps2z3trbgs.jpg

snapshot_425550e9_e25579f9_zpsffmuifwy.jpg

"Isn't that dress a little out of your price range, Cove rat?" she asked me. My mood was instantly ruined.

snapshot_425550e9_82557a14_zpsqfmsl3yr.jpg

"I don't believe my price range is any of your business, but thank you for your concern," I replied coldly. I almost bought the dress just to spite her but short-term revenge, however tempting, would only cripple me in the end. I grudgingly returned the dress and left the boutique, trying not to let anyone see the tears leaking down my face. I almost had a good day for once... and that girl had ruined it with one comment. Despite my outwardly stoic attitude, the ridicule still hurt. How could it not?

snapshot_425550e9_a2559386_zpsn0bllbm8.jpg

Coffee... I could use a cup of coffee... I thought to myself. I could at least afford a cup of coffee and the campus cafe was right next door. I took a deep breath and wiped my eyes, stepping inside the cozy little coffee shop. "An espresso please," I told the barista, laying my money down on the table. I took my pick-me-up shot of caffeine to an armchair and took a sip, hoping to be able to relax but those whispers seemed to follow me wherever I went. I could hear the other students muttering about me to each other under their breaths and that term I hated so much being thrown around; Cove rat. Cove rat, Cove rat, Cove rat. Rat. Dirty. Contagious. Vermin.

snapshot_425550e9_225593b7_zps3unsyng2.jpg

I slammed my espresso cup on the table harder than I meant to, spilling espresso onto the table but I didn't even bother cleaning it up. I'd have to go back to apologise to the staff later but I had to get out. I ran down the front steps of the cafe towards the sidewalk, wiping at my face and doing a terrible job of trying not to cry. I guess even the strongest of us reach our limits eventually.

snapshot_425550e9_825593e0_zpsr2grgohk.jpg

"Hey! You okay? Do you need help?" a man's voice from behind me made me turn around.
  • Dawn HunterDawn Hunter Posts: 31 Member
    > @Ashleigh825 said:
    > My name is Kyari Michaels. I grew up in Belladonna Cove, a city rife with crime and street violence. As a child, I witnessed my mother's death at the hands of the criminals who litter my city. Since then, I have grown up in group homes with only one goal - survive to adulthood. Now that I am eighteen, I have vowed to dedicate my life to cleaning up Belladonna Cove and taking down those who are poisoning my city in order to honour my mother's memory. To do this, I cannot become like them; I cannot stoop to the level of a common street thug to achieve my aims. I must become more than that. I must become better.
    >
    > ____________________
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello! Here's the (very short) prologue to my Sims 2 Legacy Challenge! Kyari's back story is based off the TV series Arrow and this prologue is a rewritten version of Oliver Queen's opening monologue for season one of Arrow. I like to describe Kyari's story as the plot of Arrow if Laurel Lance was the main character.
    >
    > I'm playing for points for the first time and following all the rules to the letter with a couple exceptions: * I'm playing with the college adjuster mod. I'm not using it to change grades, only to skip to the final exam of a semester once my Sim reaches an A through good ol' fashioned hard work. I find University takes way too long if I don't use that.
    > * I have Inteen in my game but I won't be using most of the features. My handicaps I chose actually forbid most features from being used.
    > * Some custom content items I have are very cheap but look nice. It's somewhat cheating but I hate to limit the CC I can use. It stifles creativity.
    >
    >
    > Kyari's Info
    > Aspiration: Family
    > Age: Young Adult
    > Star Sign: Virgo
    > Fitness: Average
    > Personality: * Neat (8)
    > * Shy (2)
    > * Active (6)
    > * Serious (3)
    > * Grouchy/Nice (5)
    >
    > Turn Ons: Red Hair, Glasses
    > Turn Off: Full Face Paint
    > Interests: * Politics - 3
    > * Money - 1
    > * Environment - 2
    > * Crime - 3
    > * Entertainment - 0
    > * Culture - 3
    > * Food - 6
    > * Health - 4
    > * Fashion - 7
    > * Sports - 5
    > * Paranormal - 7
    > * Travel - 5
    > * Work - 4
    > * Weather - 7
    > * Animals - 4
    > * School - 4
    > * Toys - 4
    > * Sci-Fi - 4
    >
    >
    > Handicaps
    > Pinstar added numerous handicaps to the legacy challenge to make the challenge harder and to also give the opportunity for more points. You need at least 10 points worth of handicaps to have a chance at earning a perfect score but handicaps are optional. I went with the full 10 points worth of handicaps. The handicaps I chose reflect Kyari's general personality, beliefs, values and story in some way.
    >
    > Well Dressed Sims
    > Noble Composure
    > Matriarchy
    > One Way Street
    > Strict Family Values
    > Free Roaming Ghosts
    > Storyteller
    > International Turmoil
    > Danger Zone
  • Dawn HunterDawn Hunter Posts: 31 Member
    B) I love your darling Sims
    B) I love your darling Sims

Thanks so much! So far the story hasn't garnered too much interest but I'm still enjoying writing it. :) Trying to get caught up to where I am in my game so I can get to playing again.

edited May 2015
    Chapter Four: Name Trade

snapshot_425550e9_025594e1_zpspw5ur6gt.jpg

A guy I'd never seen before with red hair and a kind smile was jogging to catch up to me. "Hey! Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," he apologised. "Did someone hurt you? Should I call campus security?" he asked me. I blinked in confusion. Campus security? Did I really look like I'd been attacked?

snapshot_425550e9_c255942f_zpslpz1xg4y.jpg

"Oh... thank you but no, I'm okay," I told him. "No one assaulted me, I apparently just need some thicker skin but... I'm... fine... really... just fine..." I choked out. I wasn't fine. My explosion of tears that erupted from me with the force of Vesuvius made that clear. I hated myself for letting myself cry like this in front of a stranger. It was humiliating. I felt like I was letting them all win by showing myself to be weak. The guy touched my shoulder and gently started steering me down the sidewalk, walking alongside me.

"Okay well obviously you're still upset about something. Let me walk you home, at least. Do you live on campus?" I eyed him a little warily.

"I don't even know your name," I said.

"I don't know yours either. Trade? A name for a name? Mine's Ryan," he smiled. Okay, I cracked a small smile at his humour despite the fact that I probably had more mascara running down my face than on my eyelashes by now.

snapshot_425550e9_625594c0_zps5hdba7k7.jpg

"I'm Kyari," I told him.

"From the Cove?"

"Don't tell me you've already heard about me, too," I sighed. It was a struggle not to let myself groan.

snapshot_425550e9_0255959d_zps9yysnpcz.jpg

"I think everyone on campus has but hey, grades don't lie, do they? You're the top of all your classes. You actually beat my 92% average in Economics 101 this year but I'm determined to win out next year." I found my tears quickly being replaced by giggles. He was funny. I needed funny right now.

"I look forward to battling you next year in the academic arena then, Ryan," I told him.

snapshot_425550e9_6255967a_zpsdsxse90s.jpg

I eventually did allow Ryan to walk me back to my dorm. After spending an hour or so talking, I decided he probably wasn't a serial killer and if he was, he'd have to go through a whole building of students and security guards to get to my room, plus Ivy. Never underestimate the power of a best friend... to both protect you and pester you as I found out in the cafeteria that night.

snapshot_425550e9_4255a2b9_zpsh1oa92b6.jpg

"Soooo? Who's the cute redhead you took home with you today?" Ivy asked me, grinning. I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't 'take him home with me.' It's not like that," I told her. "I just foolishly let some cruel words upset me, he noticed and asked if I was okay and offered to walk me home. That's it." I insisted firmly. "Don't make more out of it than it is. You know I can't afford any distractions from my studies." Ivy just raised her eyebrows and gave me a knowing grin.

snapshot_425550e9_2255a2a2_zpsymx5lryz.jpg

"Suuuuure girl. Whatever you say," she winked. I sighed and shook my head, pretending that the cafeteria food on my plate was the most fascinating thing in the world.

Oh Ivy...
    Chapter Four: Name Trade

snapshot_425550e9_025594e1_zpspw5ur6gt.jpg

A guy I'd never seen before with red hair and a kind smile was jogging to catch up to me. "Hey! Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," he apologised. "Did someone hurt you? Should I call campus security?" he asked me. I blinked in confusion. Campus security? Did I really look like I'd been attacked?

snapshot_425550e9_c255942f_zpslpz1xg4y.jpg

"Oh... thank you but no, I'm okay," I told him. "No one assaulted me, I apparently just need some thicker skin but... I'm... fine... really... just fine..." I choked out. I wasn't fine. My explosion of tears that erupted from me with the force of Vesuvius made that clear. I hated myself for letting myself cry like this in front of a stranger. It was humiliating. I felt like I was letting them all win by showing myself to be weak. The guy touched my shoulder and gently started steering me down the sidewalk, walking alongside me.

"Okay well obviously you're still upset about something. Let me walk you home, at least. Do you live on campus?" I eyed him a little warily.

"I don't even know your name," I said.

"I don't know yours either. Trade? A name for a name? Mine's Ryan," he smiled. Okay, I cracked a small smile at his humour despite the fact that I probably had more mascara running down my face than on my eyelashes by now.

snapshot_425550e9_625594c0_zps5hdba7k7.jpg

"I'm Kyari," I told him.

"From the Cove?"

"Don't tell me you've already heard about me, too," I sighed. It was a struggle not to let myself groan.

snapshot_425550e9_0255959d_zps9yysnpcz.jpg

"I think everyone on campus has but hey, grades don't lie, do they? You're the top of all your classes. You actually beat my 92% average in Economics 101 this year but I'm determined to win out next year." I found my tears quickly being replaced by giggles. He was funny. I needed funny right now.

"I look forward to battling you next year in the academic arena then, Ryan," I told him.

snapshot_425550e9_6255967a_zpsdsxse90s.jpg

I eventually did allow Ryan to walk me back to my dorm. After spending an hour or so talking, I decided he probably wasn't a serial killer and if he was, he'd have to go through a whole building of students and security guards to get to my room, plus Ivy. Never underestimate the power of a best friend... to both protect you and pester you as I found out in the cafeteria that night.

snapshot_425550e9_4255a2b9_zpsh1oa92b6.jpg

"Soooo? Who's the cute redhead you took home with you today?" Ivy asked me, grinning. I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't 'take him home with me.' It's not like that," I told her. "I just foolishly let some cruel words upset me, he noticed and asked if I was okay and offered to walk me home. That's it." I insisted firmly. "Don't make more out of it than it is. You know I can't afford any distractions from my studies." Ivy just raised her eyebrows and gave me a knowing grin.

snapshot_425550e9_2255a2a2_zpsymx5lryz.jpg

"Suuuuure girl. Whatever you say," she winked. I sighed and shook my head, pretending that the cafeteria food on my plate was the most fascinating thing in the world.

Oh Ivy...

Yayyy, I love it! Keep up the awesome writing! :)
  • kensgirl73kensgirl73 Posts: 212 Member
    @Ashleigh825 I love this story and can't wait to see what happens next. Thanks for bringing it to us.
  • SharlaSedaiSharlaSedai Posts: 56 Member
    I like your style of writing very well, keep it up and your story is bound to get noticed!! On the other hand, you are really making me miss the sims 2. :-(
    Thanks for all the lovely comments, everyone. I'm glad people are enjoying this story. I'm going to be putting up another chapter soon, possibly today. I'd really like to get caught up with my game so I can play it again. :)
    edited May 2015
    Chapter Five: Surviving the Ivory Tower

snapshot_425550e9_6255a6db_zpslsaelodv.jpg

"Ryan, what are you doing here?! I have to study!" I tried to scold my boyfriend of almost three years but I was giggling too much to be convincing. He ambushed me at the campus library and pulled me out of my seat to wrap his arms around me and give me a big kiss. It turned out that Ivy was right about Ryan and me after all. I fell for him almost immediately and now here we were three years later, about to graduate together as a couple.

"Kyari, we both know you could ace your exams without ever cracking open a textbook. You've been holed up here for weeks, why not take some time off to enjoy your last month of university? You deserve to have some fun more than anyone here."

snapshot_425550e9_6255a7b6_zpsrpihizsb.jpg

"You sound like Ivy," I teased him but he was probably right. I practically had all the material memorized by this point and even though my grades were my number one priority, I wanted to be able to say I experienced at least a little bit of the "university experience" during my time at Academie Le Tour. "Okay. You win. I'm putting the books away for a while." Ryan smiled and touched my cheek.

"Good, because honestly, I feel like you've been kind of... I don't know, distant. Like you're avoiding me or something. Is everything okay?" he asked. My gut dropped. I knew what he was talking about. He wasn't wrong, but how could I explain to him that I've been avoiding him because I wanted to propose to him at our graduation party and I'm terrible at keeping a secret? Ironic for a future politician, I know.

snapshot_425550e9_c255a848_zpsxjhwkmur.jpg

"Yeah, of course everything's okay! I'm sorry, I'm just really stressed out about exams and graduation lately, I didn't mean to be distant." It wasn't technically a lie so thankfully I seemed to have pulled it off. Ryan sighed with relief and nodded.

"It's okay, I know graduating with honours is really important to you but hey... since you're putting the books away for the day, how about a date at the coffee house?" he asked. That actually sounded amazing after hours of number crunching and I did owe him some quality time after avoiding him for weeks.

snapshot_425550e9_4255a76c_zpsdkgczqua.jpg

"Sounds like just what I need," I smiled and kissed him.

Graduation came faster than I could blink. Like Ryan predicted, I passed all my exams with flying colours and graduated summa 🐸🐸🐸🐸 laude. Everyone kept telling me the hardest part of my life here was over but they had no idea that I was about to take the biggest risk of my life right here at my graduation party. Risking your reputation or your career was one thing but risking your heart? That was on a completely different level. Ivy was the only person who knew about my plans.

snapshot_425550e9_4255af3d_zpsco7uzqod.jpg

"Are you ready to pop the big question?" Ivy asked me while I downed a drink faster than I probably should have. It couldn't hurt to smooth out my nerves a little.

"Is anyone ever really ready?" I asked her. Ivy hugged me and whispered in my ear.

"Hey, you'll be fine. He'd have to be crazy to say no and if he is crazy, you know I'll be there with loads of ice cream and cheesy movies to pick you back up, right?" I couldn't help but chuckle. I hugged my best friend back.

snapshot_425550e9_8255af0f_zpsure99avs.jpg

"Yeah, I know. Thanks, Ivy. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Same here, girl. I'm so proud of you, you've achieved so much with everyone laughing in your face. I know you'll change the Cove for the better one day."

snapshot_425550e9_c255aea4_zpssyiptsvy.jpg

I excused myself from Ivy quickly because I felt dangerously close to crying and I couldn't afford to do that before I'd asked Ryan to be my husband. I found him dancing with some of his friends by the stereo. The party was winding down and people were starting to leave so I guess he wanted to get in as much fun as he could in his final hour of university life. I took his hand and smiled at him. He stopped dancing to kiss me. "Hey! Great party, huh?" he half-shouted over the music. "Are you ready to go back and whip that city of yours into shape?" he winked.

"Almost!" I shouted back. I led him away from the stereo so we could hear each other better and took both his hands in mine. "Ryan..." I started. "These past three years with you have been the best of my life. I love you and for the first time since I came here, I feel like I belong thanks to you. Thank you for all these amazing memories--"

snapshot_425550e9_c255b011_zpsuovetyfc.jpg

"Wait... you're not breaking up with me, are you?" Ryan interrupted me. "Kyari, I know graduating means we'll have to part ways and do our own thing for a while and that might be hard, but I'm still willing to hang on to what we have. I think this relationship is worth it. You're worth hanging on for and--"

"Wait what?" I blurted out. "No! Ryan, I'm asking you to marry me!" Well this proposal wasn't turning out at all how I pictured it in my head.

snapshot_425550e9_8255b02c_zpsbdti25pa.jpg

Ryan blinked at me a few times. I could feel the eyes of the people still left at the party on the two of us. We had apparently caused a scene. Great, now I'd have an audience to witness my heartbreak and humiliation if he said no.

"Yes," he said after a long moment of agonizing silence.

snapshot_425550e9_6255b03c_zpsbmydzvcy.jpg

snapshot_425550e9_e255b05e_zpsozmul7j2.jpg

"Yes?" I echoed faintly. Was I hearing him right?

"Yes. I will marry you, Kyari Michaels," he grinned. I felt light-headed as the room erupted in cheers and we shared our first kiss as a betrothed couple. I felt like I was in some kind of hazy blissful dream until the last guest left the party and Ivy shoved a gift box at me.

snapshot_425550e9_4255ae5c_zpszrixo6kt.jpg

"Cab's going to be here any minute to take us all back to the real world, hurry and put this on! It's my graduation gift to you!" she shooed me off to my dorm room.

I stepped out of my room in a leopard print low cut mini dress and knee high leather boots. Um.

snapshot_425550e9_a255b1c7_zpsbxjgyz0p.jpg

"Isn't it fabulous?!" Ivy gushed. "I know how much you love fashion and you're always saying you need to look good to make positive first impressions so I picked it up for you. Congrats on your graduation, girl!" I decided not to tell her that her gift wasn't exactly the kind of first impression I wanted to give everyone at city hall. She was too excited about it and the designer label on the dress meant she spent a fortune on it. I just smiled and hugged her.

"I love it. Thanks, Ivy." I told her.

snapshot_425550e9_2255b280_zpsvefgelgx.jpg

I was being dragged off to my cab by my new fiance all too soon and I wiped tears from my eyes as I closed the taxi doors and waved goodbye to Ivy. I hope we stay in touch after university. I want her to be at my wedding and see the new life that was waiting back in Belladonna Cove for me.
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    I love this! Hoping for more soon..
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
    Love it!! I noticed that he is a little lighter than Ivy. Do you use a special skin mod?
    Love it!! I noticed that he is a little lighter than Ivy. Do you use a special skin mod?

Yes, I have custom skins in my game. :) I believe they're Astiees default replacement skins from MTS.

• RazingRazing Posts: 287 Member
    I like it, hope more comes soon :)
    Razing wrote: »
    I like it, hope more comes soon :)

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it! :) I just played more of this file and got quite a bit done so there'll be new chapters soon!
    edited June 2015
    Chapter Six: Impromptu Nuptials

snapshot_e255bb89_a255bbcc_zpsyc9hbxwb.jpg

So this was home sweet home, was it? The realtor on the phone told me the house I'd purchased was "cozy." She neglected to mention that the word "cozy" was quite an understatement. Still, it was a house with four walls and a roof and the basics needed to live, so I couldn't really complain. It even had a nice little fruit tree on the lot. Hopefully I'd remember to take care of it.

snapshot_e255bb89_6255bb8a_zps8quvo9xi.jpg
    snapshot_e255bb89_6255bba2_zpsovvkmwrm.jpg

"So this is going to be the home we start our lives together in?" Ryan's voice made me turn around. He was still in his graduation robes! He must have partied way too hard last night if he forgot to change but to his credit, he looked unaffected by yesterday's long party. I smiled and gave him a big kiss.

"It is! Sorry, I know it's hardly anything at all, it's certainly not the kind of house an Academie Le Tour graduate would expect but you know I got through school on scholarships and I don't have those kinds of privileges so-" I started trying to explain myself but Ryan just shook his head to silence me.

"Kyari, it's perfect," he told me, taking my hands in his. "I'm marrying you because I love you, not for money, remember? I have some money from my trust fund. I can put it towards helping upgrade the house."

"I just..." I faltered, suddenly realising something. "With the house and everything... I don't think we have enough money to get married." I couldn't even afford a meal at a restaurant, let alone a wedding dress. I was no stranger to financial struggle but not being able to get married because of money problems was a pain that was new and terrible to me. It broke my heart. Ryan pulled a small box out of his pocket.

"Well I have the rings. I got them this morning. We don't really need anything else to get married as long as we have these. What's stopping us from tying the knot right now?" he asked me. I started laughing out of a mix of overwhelmed feelings and elated giddiness at the thought of making Ryan my husband right this minute.

"Ivy will kill me if I don't invite her to our wedding, you know she will," I grinned.

"Maybe... but to be fair, the two of us exchanging rings on our front lawn probably wouldn't be her idea of a party, anyway," he reasoned. He had a point. Ivy was sweet once you got to know her but she was still very... well, Academie Le Tour if you know what I mean. I thought for a moment before I held my hand out for Ryan to slip a ring on my finger.

snapshot_e255bb89_8277a732_zpskdgctsx5.jpg

"Do you, Ryan, take me as your wife, for better or worse, richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health until death do we part?" I asked him, smiling from ear to ear. Ryan put the ring on my finger and held the box out to me so I could take his ring.

"I do," he vowed. "Do you, Kyari, take me as your husband, for better or worse, richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health until death do we part?"

snapshot_e255bb89_2277a74a_zpsfv4ieqmv.jpg

"I do." I blinked back tears as I placed the second ring on his finger.

"Then I pronounce us husband and wife. May I kiss the bride?" he asked. I nodded through my uncontrollable giggles. I just got married!

"You may," I gave him permission and we shared our first kiss as Mr. and Mrs. Michaels.

snapshot_e255bb89_0277a6e7_zpszwpjkbbv.jpg

I looked up at the sky as a few rain droplets fell from the sky. My mother always told me that it was good luck if it rained on your wedding day. It meant you'd have a happy marriage. I missed her now more than ever. I hope you're proud of me, Mom. I promise I'll make your death mean something. I'll avenge you by making sure no one else gets ripped away from their children by violence in the Cove again.
    Yay :) more please!
    edited June 2015
    Chapter Seven: Ain't It Fun (Living in The Real World)

snapshot_e255bb89_a277bfb2_zpsttafwtk4.jpg

Living in the real world was as difficult as I expected but having Ryan with me made all the difficulties worthwhile. Ryan did have a trust fund of about $16,000 and we put most of it to good use on the house. Ryan and I had our own bedroom now and the living area and kitchen were larger. There was more room to breathe now. Ryan suggested we add a second bedroom for a nursery just in case. My political platform is liberal; I believe everyone should be able to live their lives the way they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else, but for me, personally, I have a more conservative view of family. Ryan and I didn't want to do anything to prevent a family if that's what was in the cards for us so it was best to be prepared.

snapshot_e255bb89_a277bfa7_zpseml7erm6.jpg

We were poor but we were so happy. I couldn't remember ever being this happy since I was a child, back when my mother was still alive. We were poor but happy then, too.

snapshot_e255bb89_c277c064_zpsfzmsub5u.jpg

To my surprise, the neighbours seemed very interested in me. I guess word got around that I was the next up-and-coming politician in the Cove. I was constantly greeting people knocking on the door to introduce themselves and bring housewarming gifts. It was a bit overwhelming; I've always been more on the shy side but I didn't mind the challenge of networking early. I'd need to get comfortable talking to a lot of people in my line of work.

snapshot_e255bb89_a277bc55_zpsuye4mu0g.jpg

I got home from work one evening and kicked my shoes off with a sigh. I had a headache, my feet and back hurt and I was stressed. City Hall felt more like a zoo where all the animals escaped their enclosures than a sophisticated institution of government most days. I was greeted by Ryan handing me my coat back that I just took off. "I've got a surprise for you, don't get comfortable yet," he told me eagerly. I frowned.

"Ryan, I've had a really long day at work, I'm not in the mood-- what's this?" I asked him. I took an envelope he handed to me and opened it. My eyes widened. There was a generous gift card in it for my favourite boutique in Bluewater Village.

"I know things have been hard lately and I wanted to do something special for you since we couldn't have a proper wedding or go on a honeymoon, so I saved the last bit of my trust fund on this for you. You deserve it, Kyari," he told me. My day went from horrible to amazing in just a few seconds thanks to him! I laughed and hugged him.

"I love you, thank you so much!" I gushed.

snapshot_e255bb89_a277ae2c_zpsdqgfjy7o.jpg

snapshot_e255bb89_a277ade2_zps1xnhtyhy.jpg

The gift card was enough for Ryan and I to both get a brand new set of clothes for all occasions. Everyday, formal, PJs, underwear, athletic, swimwear and outerwear were all added to our wardrobes. I think poor Ryan was overwhelmed in the boutique but I could have stayed there for days trying things on and browsing the racks. I must have lost track of my husband in all my excitement over new clothes because when I walked out of the boutique laden with shopping bags looking for him, I found him holding...

snapshot_e255bb89_c277aff5_zpsw4xszpec.jpg

"A kitten?" I blinked. Ryan shrugged sheepishly.

"The second half of your surprise. Do you like him?" he asked. I smirked.

"I do, but why do I get the feeling you're trying to butter me up for something?" I asked him.

snapshot_e255bb89_a277c56c_zps2q9l76vt.jpg

We took the kitten home and named him Einstein because I just couldn't send back something that cute and Ryan admitted to me that he was trying to put me in a good mood so he could tell me he decided not to go into business like he'd planned in university. He loved animals, particularly marine animals and wanted to go into oceanology instead.

snapshot_e255bb89_c277c7c7_zpsdbyoqfo3.jpg

I don't know why he thought I'd be angry about that. If that was his dream, then that was what I wanted for him. I loved him whether he wore a business suit or a wet suit to work every day. That would never change. I didn't need the kitten and the new clothes to be swayed (although I loved them both very much!)

hearthstone-hr.png

Author's Note

First off, I'd just like to thank everyone who's been commenting and leaving feedback on this story. Every single kind word means a lot to me and whenever I see a new comment on this story, it makes me want to put out more immediately! I'm so glad you're enjoying it. Secondly, I just wanted to make sure it was clear that the political views and opinions expressed in the story don't necessarily reflect my own views. :) Kyari has conservative family views because I happened to pick the Strict Family Values handicap for my challenge, that's all. She loves fashion because I selected the Well Dressed Sims handicap and so on. I do my best to work the handicaps into Kyari's story and character so they make more sense.

Dag dag!
    They are so cute together! You are doing a great job
  • LisaG46LisaG46 Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm enjoying your Legacy a lot! Can't wait to see how things go for Kyari and Ryan.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person still doing a TS2 Legacy, so finding this was a really nice thing. :)
    edited June 2015
    Chapter Eight: Baby On Board

snapshot_e255bb89_8277c11e_zps6mqhj9en.jpg

A few months after Ryan and I got married, I started feeling sick. At first I chalked it up to job related stress and not taking proper care of myself. My life revolved around City Hall most days but after almost three weeks straight of throwing up every morning (some days I couldn't even lift the toilet cover in time, eww), I decided to take a pregnancy test.

It was positive.

snapshot_e255bb89_e277c66f_zpslispneit.jpg

I was going to be a mom soon! It was both amazing and terrifying. I'd always wanted a family of my own but I'd always been so afraid of bringing a child into such a crime-infested, impoverished city where only the invincible 1% lived luxurious lives at the expense of everyone else. What was worse was having to go on maternity leave and put my efforts to change the Cove for the better on hold for a while. I couldn't even make a difference in the city for my baby while I was pregnant and that made me anxious and restless.

snapshot_e255bb89_e277c4e4_zps3xqlrr0l.jpg

Ryan suggested that I take up a hobby besides Film and Literature to help me pass the time and alleviate my boredom. He had a point; we only had so many books and movies in the house that I could consume and I'd already seen and read them all several times. He got me an arts and crafts table with a little sewing machine and some fabrics that I could make different things out of. "You love fashion, maybe you can start making clothes when you get better at it," he told me. "You could start with clothes for the baby and work your way up. Who knows, maybe you could even have a little business on the side selling your designs." Me? A fashion designer with my own store? I'd never thought about that. I'd probably be too busy with politics to do something like that but for now, at least, it was fun learning how to sew and design clothes and helped me get through my maternity leave easier. Of course, I also had Einstein to play with.

snapshot_e255bb89_2277cb87_zpsblpvhgj9.jpg

Ryan spent a lot of time working. Without me working, he had to pick up the slack to be prepared for the baby, but he tried his best to be home for dinner so we could look forward to talking over a hot meal every evening, even when he was busy. He even cooked dinner for me most nights, though I stopped letting him cook after that one night...

snapshot_e255bb89_2277ca9a_zpsosgzbnuq.jpg

snapshot_e255bb89_8277bc91_zpsagniqhug.jpg

"KYARI! KYARI GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!"

"What? Why--"

"FIRE!"

snapshot_e255bb89_e277bcbd_zpsmesntryv.jpg

My husband accidentally set the stove on fire while making dinner. It was devastating. We had so little to begin with, we just barely had a nursery set up for the baby and we were about to lose everything we'd worked so hard for. I'll never be more grateful for how fast the Cove's fire department responds to emergencies because if it wasn't for them, we might have lost our house or our lives.

snapshot_e255bb89_8277ce5f_zpskwkjsbs1.jpg

Speaking of life... I guess the adrenaline of the fire caused me to go into labour and signaled the baby to arrive. I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen and doubled over with a groan.

"Ryan... I think it's time!"

snapshot_e255bb89_4277ce7d_zpsd0bomapy.jpg