Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gift of Creation Game *Join the Fun*

Comments

• PetaTPetaT Posts: 648 Member
    @jbsquared2000 I'm Glad you like it :) I know i'm not a brilliant builder but I did my best to keep to your requirements as best I could.
    I purposly left the beachy back yard unclutterd so you could add what you wished and The lot is sort of the end of a cul-de-sac so I thought it was the best place for the secluded cove type of area you were looking for.
    My Sims3 My Page, and my Thankyou Thread.
    Rose%20redsiggy2_zps9syrrazx.png
  • jbsquared2000jbsquared2000 Posts: 895 Member
    edited June 2015
    PetaT wrote: »
    @jbsquared2000 I'm Glad you like it :) I know i'm not a brilliant builder but I did my best to keep to your requirements as best I could.
    I purposly left the beachy back yard unclutterd so you could add what you wished and The lot is sort of the end of a cul-de-sac so I thought it was the best place for the secluded cove type of area you were looking for.

It's just perfect! I rec'd it, and will download it when I get home from work, tonight. The clear backyard area was great, as I was looking for a clear ocean view, which you have provided! The landscaping in the front gives such a cozy, homey feel, which is also what I was looking for. (and the Porsche in the front, is a nice touch, too! :wink: ) Thank you again! :smiley:
    Here, among friends, you can call me Jewels (or Julie).
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

My thread of Sincere Thanks
    No more wishlist for me! It disappeared in a poof of gift-giving smoke!
  • TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    @NagyGina just wanted to let you know to please pm me using the pm system here on our sims 4 pages or you can post to my status on the sims 3 pages. I'm not here as often as I'd like to be with school, RL and such so, just let me know when you need me to gift someone ok? either one works for me. hugz

thesims3.com/mypage/TnT_Terry
    forums.thesims.com/en_US/profile/54350/TnT_Terry
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • gnlovewgnlovew Posts: 900 Member
    Wow, I am so amazed by all the fantastic creations! @jbsquared2000, that puppy is precious! :smile: He has so much personality! @PetaT, what a beautiful home!

@Dimon6579, and you NagyGina, thank you so much for the gifts! :smiley:
    @natrixmoon, thank you so much for the sculpture! :smiley:
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    NagyGina wrote: »

@ciane, I like the shape of this one:
    ciane wrote: »
    9f643b67-37ba-41fe-a927-f1feb951d53b_zpsajiuax79.png
    I use Imgur, which has tiny urls. Do you think you could add in "Winners Announced" to that one, and I can place it in my siggy when I announce the winners for the lotto?

Sorry, I didn't answer earlier. We are on vacation for a long weekend and we leave tomorrow to return home again. Do you still want this? I can't do it for a couple days.

I should have everyone's entries rec'd now. Nice job everyone.

Okay, please forgive me if I don't do this right!

Username: gnlovew
    Wishlist link: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=gnlovew
    Title: Winsome Willows
    Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8672852
    Description: Winsome Willows is a farm built in Aurora Skies for @Aaronsims Aurora Skies Boho build contest. It was built for a large, farming family. It has 4 bedrooms, a nursery, and butler's suite, 6 bathrooms, an office and laundry room. There's a pond with spawner fish, a barn with room for a vehicle and an alchemy station.
    Details: No CC, CAP, or CAW used, a lot of store content is used.
    Favorite thing to create: I love making family homes, either farm or Victorian styles.
    Inspiration: Home in Old Louisville, the farm homes of my childhood.
    How can others help? Colors, I have a horrible time putting together color schemes.
    Favorite colors: Greens and blues
    Dislikes: modern, ikea builds. I love the way they look when others create them, I hate building them myself.
    Things to bounce off of others? Again, color schemes befuddle me, I'd love help with that.
    ** This build has no CC, but one of my absolute favorite things are patterns ( @Teegers :) ), and textures. In the past I've used a lot of mods for that.

2me90jo.jpg

5v80n4.jpg

5o9ypx.jpg

m7fi0x.jpg

b7lxma.jpg
  • TeegersTeegers Posts: 816 Member
    It is absolutely lovely, @gnlovew! I love all the different carpet designs, and I've yet to use a tractor, so that'll be fun!

By the way, if you want some unique patterns without using mods or CAP, check out the prebuilt houses (and the various store items). Many of them have textures that aren't in use anywhere else. The Manor stairs (in the Century Manor) for example, have a beautiful woodgrain pattern that isn't in your textures unless you add it. In the base game, Corny's sister (I can't think of her name now, Eric Darling's widow) - anyway, her house has some neat patterns too, especially the baby's room if I remember right.
    Hi, I'm Te-ge (pronounced TG)
    Origin ID: Teegers1
    Steam: Teegers
    Cool @Teegers! I love your new Avi :smiley: I was thinking of your cool patterns :grin: . I never thought about the pre-built houses. I use the manor stairs a lot. Corny's sister? I don't know who that is. Are you talking about the houses in the games themselves, or the houses that you can add with Edit town? Thank you for the compliments! :smiley::heart: (I LOVE using the tractor! It make take a round or two, but it's so much faster than having your sims garden all day! Also, the tractor driver's gardening skill increases as they use it :grin: )
    edited June 2015
    LOL Cornelia Goth - I always tend to call her Corny (and have even changed her name to that a time or two). Her sister turns into the grumpy spinster in Sims2 - Mrs. Crumplebottom or something like that, maybe? Her house is a lovely one at the edge of town, the nursery is half finished - I actually discovered the trick with the patterns back when I just had the base game and I wanted to finish her house, but the designs weren't in CASt (I wondered for ages what that meant, before discovering that it's short for Create A STyle). :)

About every EA house I've played since has either had recolorings that aren't in CASt or entire patterns that aren't. So, if you're looking for something unique but don't want to use CAP, start checking the buildings in your game, you might find exactly what you're looking for. :)

Thanks on the new avi! It's my sim-me (well, before marriage and children). I'm sure there's more I could do to her, but both boys recognized who I was making without me having to tell them, so I figure that the likeness must be getting close. I need to redo the picture though, her eyes look dark in this shot for some reason. :)
    @Teegers, so cool, I never thought of that! .I don't usually play as a townie, so I haven't seen the inside of a lot of those houses. I think your simme looks very much like you :smiley: . Mine always manage to look like me around 20 years ago :lol: . I almost bought Sims2 this weekend, couldn't decide. Any advice?
    edited June 2015
    @gnlovew, call EA - I called just a couple weeks ago and they gave me Sims 2 Ultimate for free. They also corrected some double purchases and refunding quite a few SP - oh, and fixed ALL the gold worlds so they showed as owned. :) It's definitely worth checking on. :)

Thank you for the compliments on my simme! I'm having fun creating sims now that the game is on Windows so I can actually use CAS without everything crashing. I love your avi, but if you want to link to some pictures on FB for me, I'll try to make a modern sim you (I'll need a couple good side profiles and straight on shots and one or two half turned shots). I haven't tried to make one for someone else, so promise to be patient with me, if you take me up on the offer. :)

If you can't find the patterns you want, let me know what you're looking for - I'm relearning my photography software, and remembering why I've always loved this program, so definitely won't mind pulling it out to make whatever. :)
  • NagyGinaNagyGina Posts: 833 Member
    PetaT wrote: »
    Standard Entry Form:

Creator’s Username: @PetaT (Peta)
    Nominee's Username (you can nominate yourself): @PetaT
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site: store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=PetaT
    Item Title: Sandy Beach Cottage
    Creation Wishlist Username & # of Item or Unofficial Wishlist Username: @jbsquared2000 #2
    Exchange or Mediafire Link: Sandy Beach Cottage
    Description: 3 bed Beach Cottage
    Details: 2 Double en-suite Bedrooms, 1 Twin/Childs Room, 2 Bathroom, Open Plan Loung/Diner/Kitchen, Library, Car Port, Access to the beach from rear of the property. Built on The Sandy Beach Lot in Sunlit Tides
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? No
    Pictures or Link to Original Post (If in another thread): http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p632/LittleDragon74/sims pictures/Screenshot_zpsjsqmqaxa.jpg?t=1433682084
    http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p632/LittleDragon74/sims pictures/Screenshot-2_zps2x4chzzu.jpg?t=1433682179
    http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p632/LittleDragon74/sims pictures/Screenshot-5_zps4bolbam8.jpg?t=1433682264
    http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p632/LittleDragon74/sims pictures/Screenshot-3_zpsnrkj8pkl.jpg?t=1433682320
    http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p632/LittleDragon74/sims pictures/Screenshot-4_zpsahyw3gcn.jpg?t=1433682358
    @PetaT: What a gorgeous piece of paradise! Rec'd, fav'd and saved! :love; Thank you so much for sharing @jbsquared2000 's gift with all of us! :kissing_heart:
    TnT_Terry wrote: »
    @NagyGina just wanted to let you know to please pm me using the pm system here on our sims 4 pages or you can post to my status on the sims 3 pages. I'm not here as often as I'd like to be with school, RL and such so, just let me know when you need me to gift someone ok? either one works for me. hugz

thesims3.com/mypage/TnT_Terry
    forums.thesims.com/en_US/profile/54350/TnT_Terry
    @TnT_Terry, will do... thank you again so much for sponsoring! *hugz* :kissing_heart:
    @Teegers, I'll try that, I've never called EA, I've used the online help before, but haven't called. That sounds good, I double gifted @Dimon6579 with a hat :confounded: , hated that, was trying to send two gifts!

As for a simme of me, I'd be tickled if you tried, but I don't have a ton of pictures of me :grin: (deliberately). I'm pretty sure I would burn anything that showed me from the side, I have quite the turkey wattle :neutral: I'm eager to see more of your patterns!!
    I've seen your pictures - my first thought when I saw them was that you are lovely! I still think that you are, both inside and out. Take a side view and just send it to me over Messanger, I won't share it, but it'll help get your look right. ((((hugs))))
    @Teegers, thank you sweetie, you're too kind! :heart: I'll see what I can do. :grin:
    gnlovew wrote: »
    Okay, please forgive me if I don't do this right!

Username: gnlovew
    Wishlist link: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=gnlovew
    Title: Winsome Willows
    Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8672852
    Description: Winsome Willows is a farm built in Aurora Skies for @Aaronsims Aurora Skies Boho build contest. It was built for a large, farming family. It has 4 bedrooms, a nursery, and butler's suite, 6 bathrooms, an office and laundry room. There's a pond with spawner fish, a barn with room for a vehicle and an alchemy station.
    Details: No CC, CAP, or CAW used, a lot of store content is used.
    Favorite thing to create: I love making family homes, either farm or Victorian styles.
    Inspiration: Home in Old Louisville, the farm homes of my childhood.
    How can others help? Colors, I have a horrible time putting together color schemes.
    Favorite colors: Greens and blues
    Dislikes: modern, ikea builds. I love the way they look when others create them, I hate building them myself.
    Things to bounce off of others? Again, color schemes befuddle me, I'd love help with that.
    ** This build has no CC, but one of my absolute favorite things are patterns ( @Teegers :) ), and textures. In the past I've used a lot of mods for that.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2me90jo.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/5v80n4.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/5o9ypx.jpg

]http://i57.tinypic.com/m7fi0x.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/b7lxma.jpg[/IMG] @gnlovew: I know I already told you how much I :love: your farm, but I am saying it again! I :love::love::love: it! Thank you for sharing! I rec'd, fav'd and saved to go into my game! :) As for your entry, you followed enough of the Entry Form, and added in a bit for the Ideas & Concepts (So I can add that to the Creation Wishlists), if you want to add to it, or post that separately, just let me know, and I will fix the link on the front page. Again, thank you! :kissing_heart:
    Thank you! That means a lot :heart: I tried to write down everything on the front page, it sounds like I may have combined some things :confused: , sorry! :disappointed: I'm so new to all of this, I get a bit confounded, to say the least! Did I miss a link? Thanks for letting me enter anyway :smiley: , very sorry for any confusion!! :heart:
  • SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    Why do I still keep thinking that other simmers are about my age and mostly younger, when I have found out so many times that no, I'm certainly not the only adult playing Sims :mrgreen: And I don't even think myself as an adult, not before I grow up a little... At least mentaly, since I haven't grown in height for almost ten years and in width I wouldn't want to grow :smirk: Still waiting for that Peter Pan to arrive...

I also see you guys as your avatars (except for @Teegers with her ferrets and turtles and floating octopuses...) and I love the idea of someone else making the sim-self :) Other people see so different things, and things we don't appreciate may not be even noticed by others. Like @gnlovew I have no photos of me, especially from the side, but I it could be fun to send pics to some, um, friend? over here and let them create a sim by them.
    I'll add creating sim-selves to my list of things I'll build, as long as people are patient with my mistakes. :)
    @Teegers, I think that's a great idea! How cool would it be to have towns full of simme friend avatars?? That would be amazing :grin: !

@Silvakristiina, I understand. :smiley: When I first started playing, I thought I'd be the oldest one here! :grin: Then I met Shirley ( @Grandmothergamer ), and I felt better! :smiley: My oldest son just graduated from high school, my youngest will be starting high school this fall :cold_sweat: . Happens too fast! My next birthday has me decidedly unhappy :disappointed: , but it beats the alternative! :innocent:

@ciane, I like the shape of this one:
    9f643b67-37ba-41fe-a927-f1feb951d53b_zpsajiuax79.png
    I use Imgur, which has tiny urls. Do you think you could add in "Winners Announced" to that one, and I can place it in my siggy when I announce the winners for the lotto?

Sorry, I didn't answer earlier. We are on vacation for a long weekend and we leave tomorrow to return home again. Do you still want this? I can't do it for a couple days.

I should have everyone's entries rec'd now. Nice job everyone.
    @ciane, I hope that you enjoy your vacation! :) And no worries, @VGryphon has started his own thread of Creating Gift Banners. You just enjoy your vacation! :kissing_heart:

@anettesb, I finally got the correct update date on your Creation Wishlist. :kissing_heart:

@gnlovew, everything that is needed is in your Entry is in there! :) Besides, it is a good idea to incorporate an Ideas & Concepts Wishlist also, it will help with more feedback that you are indeed asking for too. ;):kissing_heart:

I think I am up to date with the Entries & Wishlists. Please let me know if I missed someone! :)

Now, onto the first page to roll the dice for the winners of Venues! ;) Good luck aLL!!

Big Pixel Hugs Everyone! <3
  • VGryphonVGryphon Posts: 1,310 Member
    Why do I still keep thinking that other simmers are about my age and mostly younger, when I have found out so many times that no, I'm certainly not the only adult playing Sims :mrgreen: And I don't even think myself as an adult, not before I grow up a little... At least mentaly, since I haven't grown in height for almost ten years and in width I wouldn't want to grow :smirk: Still waiting for that Peter Pan to arrive...

I also see you guys as your avatars (except for @Teegers with her ferrets and turtles and floating octopuses...) and I love the idea of someone else making the sim-self :) Other people see so different things, and things we don't appreciate may not be even noticed by others. Like @gnlovew I have no photos of me, especially from the side, but I it could be fun to send pics to some, um, friend? over here and let them create a sim by them.
    I'm in my mid-40s (yuck). We are as young as we think we are.

<- This avatar is actually a fair representation of what I look like in real life.
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
    Click here to request a signature banner.
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member

@anettesb, I finally got the correct update date on your Creation Wishlist. :kissing_heart:

not sure how long that will last for you....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳