Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2 times the FUN! A Randomacy ~ NEW Chapter, 9.11

Comments

• AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    @ADWilson Why, what well manicured hands you used to shatter all my hopes and dreams :hushed:

I'm doing my best to gift Nate the Drum :bawling: I even started taking music instrument making workshops :weary: I'm learning how to tighten the strings on the drum as we speak :kissing:

I only didn't mention the Cooties as I have such high moral standards that I would never jest about such a deadly disease :mask: I will however make jokes about *This post has been censored due to complete lack of moral standards*... and that is what I suggest Nate does with the bongo drum :smiley:

Thank you for being yourself and for putting up with myself and including me in your story/life/will o:)

P.S Tell your cat to stop playing Kerplunk on your feet! :o It's a terrible place to balance the game, she'll never win like that :confounded:

P.P.S Speaking of giving me all the credit B) If you could just put my name on the title of this thread that would be great thanks :kissing_heart:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    It is nice that Nate and Kristy went to the Prom together. It is nice that you have a picture of their prom night on the wall. It is not good that there was a fire in the kitchen! It is good though that nothing was too damaged.
    Thankyou for the latest update in your legacy family story :)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Aw, young love.

p.s. If you are AlphaFen, you need read no further....

I particularly like the way your burst someone's bubble. :wink:
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited July 2017
    It is winter time once more and things are moving along for the entire Snyder family clan.

Caren Snyder-Parrott, Bobby’s wife, gave birth to their 3rd daughter – Kyra.
    Dorian Snyder-Parrott, the youngest of Nikki’s kids, is now a father! His girlfriend, Nikole Ivanov, gave birth to a boy – Rod.
    ~ ~ Welcome to the family, Kyra and Rod!!! ~ ~

Renae SP-Bagley celebrated a birthday and is now a toddler.
    Caren is now an Adult.
    Kasey Snyder-Parrott, Bobby & Caren’s oldest, turned into a teen.
    ~ ~ Happy Birthday, Renae! Caren! Kasey! ~ ~

Rosie, Reiley’s sister, began dating Gus Broke (Elder) but he passed on. Then she briefly considered Kain Crosby. Remember him? Yes, you’re right! Kain is the widower of Monica, sister of Jeremey and Aunt to Reiley. We say briefly because Rosie was then seen out and about with Anderson Swann. Kain in the morning, Anderson in the afternoon. Busy lady.

Will Rosie find a new man and keep him? Will she get back with her ex-husband, Terrell? Is she following in Aunt Nikki’s footsteps and going after older men? Time will tell.

Speaking of romance, thing are moving along nicely between Nate and Kristy

To continue reading, please go to
    Have I Got A Story For You!
    Post edited by ADWilson on
    edited July 2017
    Addy's Game:
    It is time! Time to...
    See how this generation did!

Generation 3
    Family Structure: Couple ~ yes
    Number of Children: 1 ~ yes
    Careers: Business and Law (Forensic Branch)
    At the time Nate ages into YA,
    1) Reiley (Business) is a Power Broker – L10
    2) Alice (Law-Forensics) is a Sketch Artist – L8
    Generational Goal: Hobby, or Obsession? ~ yes
    Reiley chose athletics and Alice enjoyed gardening
    Miscellaneous Fun: Tattoo Addict ~ yes
    Reiley got a new tattoo or two each SimWeek

I consider Generation 3 to be a success!
    edited June 2015
    Addy's Game:
    rules-and-guidelines.png

Generation 4
    Roll baby, roll…

Family Structure: Couple

Number of Children: 4

Careers
    Nate - Business
    Spouse – Fortune Teller (Scam Artist branch)

Generational Goal:
    Idle Career - Your Sim won't make any effort in his/her career. Don't learn any skills, read any books or do any opportunities for the career. If you reach the top of your career's level, it won't be because of your efforts, but only because it's just YOU. More to the rule, but none of them apply to Nate or Spouse. Yes, I have decided that both heir and spouse will be doing this! Wheee... what fun this will be.

Miscellaneous Fun:
    Random Traits - Exactly what it says. Click the random button every time you're asked to pick traits.

Poor Nate has a real challenge ahead of him, doesn't he?! LOL
    It is great that Nate and Kristy have graduated and become young adults. Addy. It is a very nice update. :) It is great reading about the goals and the plan ahead for Nate!
    rosemow wrote: »
    It is great that Nate and Kristy have graduated and become young adults. Addy. It is a very nice update. :) It is great reading about the goals and the plan ahead for Nate!

Thanks, Rose!
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Nate and Kristy really look great together! Generation Five is in the making lol
    tanubanue wrote: »
    Nate and Kristy really look great together! Generation Five is in the making lol

Thanks! I think so too. Each heir has been really lucky in finding a partner who is attractive and has a good personality.
    Really a win-win situation all around.

That's right! Like I told you via text the other day, this legacy has me doing things in my game that I wouldn't have attempted to do before. Mainly because the rolls are making me expand my typical game comfort zone from here to HERE. **chuckles**

It is all good though because I have come to appreciate this very entertaining game and know that when I am done here with generation 10, I'll be sad to write the final story and will quite possibly cry. There have been a few stories where a few tears were already shed so I know to have the tissue box standing nearby for emergency treatment when the time comes LOL

I'll let you in on a little idea I have had rolling around for a while now:
    The Generation 10 heir being used as the "founder" for another legacy challenge. Challenge has not been selected as of yet, but I thought it would be neat to take this Sim into a new adventure of their own LOL We'll have to wait and see what I do. If I do.
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    ADWilson wrote: »

Thanks! I think so too. Each heir has been really lucky in finding a partner who is attractive and has a good personality.

That's right! Like I told you via text the other day, this legacy has me doing things in my game that I wouldn't have attempted to do before. Mainly because the rolls are making me expand my typical game comfort zone from here to HERE. **chuckles**

It is all good though because I have come to appreciate this very entertaining game and know that when I am done here with generation 10, I'll be sad to write the final story and will quite possibly cry. There have been a few stories where a few tears were already shed so I know to have the tissue box standing nearby for emergency treatment when the time comes LOL

The Generation 10 heir being used as the "founder" for another legacy challenge. Challenge has not been selected as of yet, but I thought it would be neat to take this Sim into a new adventure of their own LOL We'll have to wait and see what I do. If I do.

you could use generation 10 heir to found a wisharcy... then your forced to only control the sims if it help them complete a wish or opertunity.

that said I really enjoy reading the story

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳

*Buys some stock in tissues* :)

Using the heir to start another would be cool. I am quite liking the Snyders too and have saved a few of them here and there to either put into my game or play again. It's unusual for me to stay interested in a family so long so I think the different rolls have really helped there. I'm so happy we decided to do this it has been amazing for both of us!
    anettesb wrote: »

you could use generation 10 heir to found a wisharcy... then your forced to only control the sims if it help them complete a wish or opertunity.

lol I don't know if she could handle letting control go that much! :)
    Tanu's Game ~ Generation Four ~ A Sisters Decision

Jaci and Jasper were both talking so fast Jenna doubted that either could even hear the other.

j5eez4.jpg

Jenna started yelling too. "Hey you guys I'm home! Hello! What is going on here?" They both stopped, looked at Jenna, and then glared at each other.

fm2zyr.jpg

Jasper looked at Jenna and then came over and hugged her. "Welcome home Sweetie. I'm sorry you walked into this but your sister isn't thinking straight."

"I am thinking straight Daddy." She drew in a long breath. "Dad doesn't like it that I've decided to visit Mom on her home world and see what the other half of me really is. He doesn't think it's safe for me to go there."

"Is it Jaci?" Jenna said softly. "I mean have you talked to your Mom enough to know?"

"Yes I have. And I need to know where else it is that I came from. I don't want to live there or anything but I need to know who I am and I won't know that if I only know about half of me." She hugged Jenna and smiled at Owen who was trying to stay out of the family quarrel. "I'll be fine. My Mother loves me and she would never endanger me."

"But they may not let you come back Jaci. You don't know and then I'll have lost you forever." Jasper said in barely a whisper. "I can't handle losing anymore people I love." He walked away. His head down.

Awhile later Jaci used a method that her Mom had taught her to help Jasper come to terms with her decision. She was graduating in a few days and planned on leaving shortly afterwards.

2evajhc.jpg

She didn't use it to change his mind but only to soothe his worry as her Mom had warned her to be careful in it's use.

Owen pulled Jenna aside. "When are we going to tell everyone we eloped?"

"I guess we don't have too long or I'll start showing." She smiled and gave him a kiss brushing her hand down the side of his face.

mvi8p2.jpg

"I can't wait until the baby comes!"

A few days later Jasper asked her is she was feeling ok. He had noticed that she wasn't eating as well and some quick trips to the bathroom.

"Actually Dad I need to talk to you but with everything going on with Jaci since we've been back I haven't had the chance. I wanted to wait until Owen was home from work but here goes..." She smiled and hugged her Dad. "Dad I love you very much. And I know you were looking forward to a big wedding for Owen and I but things just kind of happened in China on our trip." She took a quick breath. "Dad we eloped." She kept going before he could say a word. "Please don't be mad. And there's more. The reason I'm not feeling well."

2cqgmrt.jpg

"Dad I also brought home a special bundle from China." She patted her stomach.

Jasper stood there for a few seconds trying to take it all in. He was a bit disappointed that they had gotten married without him there but all the same he was happy for his daughter as he knew the love between her and Owen. And to be honest he wasn't that surprised. His baby girl having a baby however was shocking.

"Jenna I'm so happy!" Was all he could manage. "Can I?" Jenna nodded. He reached his hand forward and touched her tummy. "Hey little Grandchild I'm going to be the best Grampa ever!"

aen052.jpg

Hearing her Dad speak such soft loving words to her unborn child brought tears to her eyes. She was relieved that he now knew and was excited because now she could tell the family. Jase would be super excited as his first child was only a few days away from being born.

For about a week things were calm in the Snyder house.

Thanks for the good idea, @anettesb! I will have to look at what a wishacy and see if that is something I could tackle/handle.

Also, thanks for the compliment. GLAD you enjoyed the story :smiley:
    Tanu's Game ~ Generation Four ~ And Jaci makes four

A few evenings later it was time to celebrate Jaci's birthday. She had graduated from high school the Friday before.

orl72d.jpg

She was deep in thought about what she was about to do as Jasper made her favorite dinner.

Jasper was also deep in thought. How could his kids have grown so fast? Was he really a good father? Would they all be ok? Why is it that being a Dad was so tough? Did he add enough oregano?

kap5hh.jpg

He tried to lighten the mood and get her to laugh.

2drtc9v.jpg

She giggled. His silliness faded quickly however. "Jaci do you have to go?"

2crxflx.jpg

She nodded. "Yes Dad I have to go."

"I know. But I'm scared. And I Love you." He pulled her tight to him.

"I know Daddy. I Love you too. Don't worry I'll be back. I promise."

And with that she turned and left quickly before she could change her mind.

Jasper stood in the kitchen frozen in one spot. He heard the now familiar whirring sound of the space ship and when he heard it leave it felt like a dagger in his heart. He turned around and grabbed the counter. He hadn't always been a praying man but he sent a prayer up to look after his youngest and to bring her home to him.
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member

lol I don't know if she could handle letting control go that much! :)

then it be a challenge
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳

*Buys some stock in tissues* :)

Using the heir to start another would be cool. I am quite liking the Snyders too and have saved a few of them here and there to either put into my game or play again. It's unusual for me to stay interested in a family so long so I think the different rolls have really helped there. I'm so happy we decided to do this it has been amazing for both of us!

Like you, I have grown to adore this family! I have saved various members as well to use down the road sometime.

Also like you, this is the first family that I have stayed with. For me the "brick wall" has always been to get past generation 3. There was only one other family, Nox (Dirk - Emperor of Evil and his lovely wife, Jewel - Master Thief plus their kids: Jade, Drake & Crystal) that I probably would have passed this milestone with, but that game glitched so bad there was nothing left to save. :cry: They were so much fun to play!

Yes, indeed! Those random rolls have really helped with keeping my interest going. I am continually referring to them before guiding or allowing my Sims to do something and I get excited when it is time to roll the next set.

My idea of using the final heir to start another legacy has been in my mind for a while now, just finally decided to share this secret with y'all and see what you thought :smiley:
    @tanubanue

Jaci turned out so pretty! I think she is the first alien I've seen that looks nice in teen and YA form - perhaps it is the hairstyles you used or the colors in her clothing. They work well with her skin tone. Going to visit her mom on the home world, nice way of having her move out. Good to know that she'll return.

Hooray to the next generation arriving soon in both of our stories. It will be very nice when Jenna & Owen's lovely China souvenir makes his or her appearance :smiley:
    edited June 2015
    With each new generation I get more excited to compare our generation 10 heirs lol

I also think that Jaci got some of Jasper's looks which helped make her look a bit better. They have a very similar profile.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I totally loved both of your updates! I do agree that gen 3 was a success and gen 4 will be interesting. Four kids will be challenging, Addy!

And I totally agree that Jaci turned out beautifully too! ;)
    ciane wrote: »
    I totally loved both of your updates! I do agree that gen 3 was a success and gen 4 will be interesting. Four kids will be challenging, Addy!

Thanks Ciane :) She really did. I saved her just in case.

Four kids were challenging indeed, lol

ciane wrote: »

Thanks Ciane :) She really did. I saved her just in case.

Four kids were challenging indeed, lol

Thanks, Ciane :smiley:

Knowing what I know, I agree with you two. Up until this point I have had only one or two kids per generation so take that and double everything ~ the care, the toddler skills, school activity, etc... it is a very good thing that I have plenty of bedrooms and bathrooms.
    They are very special updates Tanu! :) I enjoyed reading them and seeing pictures. Jaci is very pretty! It is very special that Jenna will soon have her new little child. Thankyou for sharing your legacy journey with us. :)
  • Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited June 2015
    Finally got through reading all of this. Took me a few days but got caught up. Great screenshots and you are both very good at storytelling. :) This is a fun read and fun to watch the same family progress differently in two different games.
    Siggy_4.jpg