Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gift of Creation Game *Join the Fun*

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    That's great. I was just showing you a way to do it.
    Photobucket will let you play around in it and do some fun stuff, but it likes to add really long strings of letter to an image:
    9f643b67-37ba-41fe-a927-f1feb951d53b_zpsajiuax79.png
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    I think it be cool to gift banners and even avatars (you just need to save the picture on your computer now...) if people want it....
    great idea @Teegers I hope @NagyGina say we can wish for things like that.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • NagyGinaNagyGina Posts: 833 Member
    OoooOoo, that is a good idea @Teegers and @anettesb, making banners as Creation Gifts. :love: I think I would like to change my banner each month. Perhaps maybe theme it toward the season, monthly holidays, or certain special events. And I would also like to change the image on the first page too monthly.

@ciane, I like the shape of this one:
    ciane wrote: »
    I use Imgur, which has tiny urls. Do you think you could add in "Winners Announced" to that one, and I can place it in my siggy when I announce the winners for the lotto?

I don't even think banners need to be on any person's Creation Wishlist, I think many people would like a surprise banner, especially if they have basic links in their siggies. :D

Avatars are a great idea too! :love: Although, that might need a little bit more detail from the one receiving the gift. :kissing_heart:

Thank you all, you come up with the best ideas!! <3
    You can only have 1 picture in the siggy
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited June 2015
    @anette, I do know only one picture :(, even <3 counts as a picture, silly EA. I mean that I will change my siggy when I announce the winners. :)

I added an entry form for Avatars & Banners in the first post, can you tell me if that reads right? Just click my siggy! Hehehehe ;)

I also mention them in the rules.

I have to get some OE work done, if I want to make deadlines. :dizzy:

Big Pixel Hugs Everyone! <3
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    @ajaxpost Your WIP is looking great so far! Very cozy and the English cottage look will fit wonderfully in either or my favorite worlds to play in.
  • Dimon6579Dimon6579 Posts: 501 Member
    edited June 2015
    @NagaGina..i am having PC issues right now, until i can sort them out, i cannot work on the project of the amusement park/theme park. I will keep you updated. I will also try to post some WIP pics here if i can.

1st picture is a old version of the arcade. It has not really changed. I removed one of the Pool Tables:

screenshot_original.jpg

2nd picture shows the main area of the amusement park. This carasel is from the wonderland venue. This picture is older as i added some other things in here:

screenshot_original.jpg

I modeled the skee ball like the ones in the picture of the old arcade. Notice the line of them. You can also see the roller coaster behind them and skate rink next to it. I already put the food court next to the arcade..these pictures are already outdated.

Right now i cannot really do much in the game..as my pc issues are not letting me play any games right now. I am running some virus scanners and other things for issues...will try to work on the lot tonight if i can.
    A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.
  • VGryphonVGryphon Posts: 1,310 Member
    NagyGina wrote: »
    OoooOoo, that is a good idea @Teegers and @anettesb, making banners as Creation Gifts. :love: I think I would like to change my banner each month. Perhaps maybe theme it toward the season, monthly holidays, or certain special events. And I would also like to change the image on the first page too monthly.

@ciane, I like the shape of this one:
    ciane wrote: »
    I use Imgur, which has tiny urls. Do you think you could add in "Winners Announced" to that one, and I can place it in my siggy when I announce the winners for the lotto?

I don't even think banners need to be on any person's Creation Wishlist, I think many people would like a surprise banner, especially if they have basic links in their siggies. :D

Avatars are a great idea too! :love: Although, that might need a little bit more detail from the one receiving the gift. :kissing_heart:

Thank you all, you come up with the best ideas!! <3
    Mya, if you want, I can make you a series of banner images. I've been looking for a way to thank you for all the wonderful gifts you and WhimsicalWind have given me. It only takes a minute (all told) to add in "winners announced" to any of them.

I might make a little contest out of creating them for others. I don't want to fill up the forums with so many that people can't read the forums because they are so full of images. :smile:
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
    Click here to request a signature banner.
    edited June 2015
    Mya, here is a slightly reworked banner, and a winner's announced version:

MXxll3K.png
    http://i.imgur.com/MXxll3K.png

Ogo8Isw.png
    http://i.imgur.com/Ogo8Isw.png

I hope you like them!
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
    edited June 2015
    Newer Pics of my WIP 1950's theme park. Note, if you have anything you see you wanted fixed @NagaGina, please either tell me on here or on my wall. Thanks! I am still having some issues with my pc today, so i will call off working today. I will try to do it tomorrrow and make extra time to finish it..if i can.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.
  • Misscow1PMisscow1P Posts: 366 Member
    I'm a little confused with so much information and so many different creation wishlists going around, but here goes. I made this for Aaronsims' Aurora Skies Boho Chic Traditional Scandinavian remake.

Should I post my other creations for Aaronsims' contest too?

Creator’s Username: Misscow1P
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on sims 3 Site: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Misscow1P
    Item Title: Granstrom Library
    Creation Wishlist Username & # of Item or Unofficial Wishlist Username: Aaronsims
    Exchange or Mediafire Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8672093
    Description: The Granstrom Library is a relaxing location where sims can go to read a book and get away from their daily stresses. The first floor contains a table for a group of young sims to study together, as well as a refreshing coffee maker. The second floor lounge is meant for singular readers as well as anyone in need of a computer.
    Details: As the description says, two stories broken into three rooms (including bathroom)
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? no
    Pictures:
    libraryoutside.jpg
    Exterior of the library
    librarycoffee.jpg
    Enjoy a cup of coffee with your book
    librarybooks.jpg
    With so many books to choose from, studying will come easy
    libraryupstairs.jpg
    Upstairs there is a nice lounge for your sim to cozy up in
    librarybathroom.jpg
    There is one bathroom on the top floor
    @Dimon6579, that park looks great! I like the little special areas you've fenced off.

@Misscow1P, that is a very nice build.
    XmKUks3.jpg
    @VGryphon Those are the Botanical Gardens. I fenced them off so Messy sims won't walk thru them and mess them up. Im still not confident it is finished yet on the main area. Im still fine tuning it, but thanks. I cannot really work on it now, im running some security programs that interfere with Sims 3 because im having some issues on my pc. I will work extra time on it tomorrow and try to finish it if i can.
    @anette, I do know only one picture :(, even <3 counts as a picture, silly EA. I mean that I will change my siggy when I announce the winners. :)

I added an entry form for Avatars & Banners in the first post, can you tell me if that reads right? Just click my siggy! Hehehehe ;)

I also mention them in the rules.

I have to get some OE work done, if I want to make deadlines. :dizzy:

Big Pixel Hugs Everyone! <3

looks great... maybe you want to add up in the wish list part about being able to wish for banners/siggies/avies.... unless you did and I missed it
    Entry form

•Creator’s Username: Anettesb
    •Entrant’s Username: (if you are creating on another’s behalf or "unknown"): unknown (I nominat some one.. can I do this on more than 1)
    •Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on sims 3 Site:
    •Item Title: the Olsen gang
    •Creation Wishlist Username & # of Item or Unofficial Wishlist Username: @NagyGina wish 9 (houshold)
    •Exchange or Mediafire Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8672322
    •Description:
    The carecters from the movies, well loosly bassed on them.
    they can be split in sveral housholds.... as Egon, Benny and Ulla all might live alone.

residents:
    Egon Olsen, head of the gang, and only one I put in a job... he is a hot headed genius... who likes to steal. He is also very erfectionistic, and unlucky (he allways get cought)

Benny Frandsen, he can mooch almost any thing and if he can't mooch it he snatch it ... and drives even better, He his a handy guy and think Egon is "🐸🐸🐸🐸 smart" - Benny comes with a car
    Ulla (think I named her Hansen), beside her job at the bar, as a ehm dancer and her beign Benny's fianca I didn't know much. She love Bennys Car, wants to live in luxury and is a bit of a diva.

Keld Jensen: the odd one in the gang, he is socially akwad, and a cowered, not to mention clumsy.... but good as the day is long
    Yvonne Jensen: Keld's wife and love from they where kids. A hotheaded lady, who have NO sense of humor, she keeps a neat home and is always after the men when they leav cirkels from the glass on her table.
    Birger Jensen: Keld and Yvonne's teen son. Atletic and perspectiv, not to mention handy, some times helps the gang.
    Bjarne (really Børge but you can't say that in english) Jensen: Keld and Yvonne's child age son. A bit of a rebel, loves motors (he got a scotter when a teen and is allways fixing it), unlike his mother he got a great sense of humor. just as his big brother he helps out (in the later movies the melt into 1 carecter)
    Britta Jensen (no name ever told in the movie as I remeber): Keld and Yvonne's toddler daughter, really all we know is that her baby carriage is used to hide stole items.

be ready to see this houshold explode.... they are set at the right level of friend and love... BUT with their traits, good luck.

all sims have been given some skills and items fit for their carecter. ALL have upgrade umbralla.

•Details: There is some university items and traits. also Diesel and master suit.... sorry it was really hard in creat a sim to see it so, I'm looking at what exchange say. though I don't recal using the patty cake hoodie.... I just hope it works for you
    •Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? no
    •Pictures:

every day
    28gtulu.jpg

formal
    2i7myqp.jpg

sleep
    24awit0.jpg

swim
    eil8br.jpg

atletic
    28uk2nl.jpg

outdoor
    4llj79.jpg

• jg2342arjg2342ar Posts: 457 Member
    jg2342ar wrote: »
    @NagyGina @jbsquared2000 Yea it is definitely close to how he looked. The only thing I would change would be his muzzle, his cheeks didn't really droop. I messed around in create a sim for a second and kind of made a bad example.

http://s753.photobucket.com/user/linkinpark22897/media/Screenshot-28.jpg.html?sort=6&o=11

http://s753.photobucket.com/user/linkinpark22897/media/Screenshot-29.jpg.html?sort=6&o=13

Like I said I am not so great at recreating things on the sims so it is just a rough example but it is the only thing I see that I would change. Otherwise he looks perfect!

I really like YOURS! :smiley: You did a great job! You should upload it to the exchange, if you don't go any further. I just wish we were able to go fluffier on the fur, but you're right about the muzzle. I started with the Yorkie template and went from there, but I think the muzzle you found was much better. <3

Thank you! All I did was pick the yorkie template and then shorten the muzzle and made it a bit wider, nothing else
    edited June 2015
    Dimon6579 wrote: »
    @NagaGina..i am having PC issues right now, until i can sort them out, i cannot work on the project of the amusement park/theme park. I will keep you updated. I will also try to post some WIP pics here if i can.

1st picture is a old version of the arcade. It has not really changed. I removed one of the Pool Tables:

http://lvlt.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/618/407/018/00/screenshot_original.jpg

2nd picture shows the main area of the amusement park. This carasel is from the wonderland venue. This picture is older as i added some other things in here:

http://lvlt.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/211/404/018/00/screenshot_original.jpg

I modeled the skee ball like the ones in the picture of the old arcade. Notice the line of them. You can also see the roller coaster behind them and skate rink next to it. I already put the food court next to the arcade..these pictures are already outdated.

Right now i cannot really do much in the game..as my pc issues are not letting me play any games right now. I am running some virus scanners and other things for issues...will try to work on the lot tonight if i can.
    @Dimon6579, I am very sorry that you are having pc issues (I can totally relate to that right now). :( And don't worry about the time, take some time off and enjoy some play time for yourself! I do notice the line of skeetball machines... It still looks so very much the same as it did then :) Of course, it is more than 5 cents though (Haha :lol:). Even the earlier pics truly bring in the excitement of a themepark, when the motto was all about "family fun" and not just overpricing, long lines and complaining... Oh how I wouldn't mind to have grown up then! :kissing_heart:
    Post edited by NagyGina on
    edited June 2015
    @Dimon6579, again you awemaze me with your detail. I like the way you do have the open space. Room to move around. I am uncertain if I see a photo booth (those became popularized at county fairs and themed parks during the 50's). I know that I do not have ST yet, but it is just a matter of time. I love everthing about your vision! Makes me want to visit there now! :kissing_heart:
    edited June 2015
    VGryphon wrote: »
    Mya, if you want, I can make you a series of banner images. I've been looking for a way to thank you for all the wonderful gifts you and WhimsicalWind have given me. It only takes a minute (all told) to add in "winners announced" to any of them.

I might make a little contest out of creating them for others. I don't want to fill up the forums with so many that people can't read the forums because they are so full of images. :smile:
    Mya, here is a slightly reworked banner, and a winner's announced version:

http://i.imgur.com/MXxll3K.png

http://i.imgur.com/Ogo8Isw.png

I hope you like them!
    @VGryphon, I think a little contest is a great idea! :) And I :love: the banners! Thank you sooOoooOoo much! :kissing_heart:
    edited June 2015
    @NagaGina I do have photo booths..one is next to the haunted house. The other is next to the roller coaster's entrance. The open space is nice, but i think imo it is too open. I may add one more thing to it then ill upload it to the exchange, and before i do that, ill play test the whole thing myself with a premade sim. I also have a love tester machine in the arcade (old arcades had those too..). I have face painting booths hidden around the park too. Face painting has always been popular in amusement parks. Notice i do not use the vending machines..i found them to be too modern. Plus, the only popular vending machines in the 1950's were mostly the cigarette type ones. The food ones became more popular in the 1960's.

Again..@NagaGina if you see anything that needs to be changed, let me know. I will change what i can.
    edited June 2015
    Misscow1P wrote: »
    I'm a little confused with so much information and so many different creation wishlists going around, but here goes. I made this for Aaronsims' Aurora Skies Boho Chic Traditional Scandinavian remake.

Should I post my other creations for Aaronsims' contest too?

Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on sims 3 Site: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Misscow1P
    Creation Wishlist Username & # of Item or Unofficial Wishlist Username: Aaronsims
    Exchange or Mediafire Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8672093
    Description: The Granstrom Library is a relaxing location where sims can go to read a book and get away from their daily stresses. The first floor contains a table for a group of young sims to study together, as well as a refreshing coffee maker. The second floor lounge is meant for singular readers as well as anyone in need of a computer.
    Details: As the description says, two stories broken into three rooms (including bathroom)
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? no
    Pictures:
    http://s4.postimg.org/jwavghz3h/libraryoutside.jpg
    Exterior of the library
    http://s4.postimg.org/838gyjd9p/librarycoffee.jpg
    Enjoy a cup of coffee with your book
    http://s4.postimg.org/vg6ih1td9/librarybooks.jpg
    With so many books to choose from, studying will come easy
    http://s4.postimg.org/jv0xn2x9p/libraryupstairs.jpg
    Upstairs there is a nice lounge for your sim to cozy up in
    http://s4.postimg.org/h8gtsegod/librarybathroom.jpg
    There is one bathroom on the top floor
    @Misscow1P, first of all thank you for posting your entry! And yes, please post your other creations too, but you can just post the entry form, and a link to your entry post from @Aaronsims Contest or link the pics as I just did above... I have to go back and edit my pic quotes (I don't want to break my own thread :open_mouth: ). Your library reminds me of a private library that is in or near Smithville, NJ. Having a more cozy welcoming feel to it! :) I especially love the group study area, and loving coffee (or tea) and a good book to read are just awemazing facets of my life! Anywho, kudos to an awemazing job! :kissing_heart:

• ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited June 2015
    Thank you all for your generous comments on my new little build :blush:
    @ajaxpost, I do :love: your starter home WIP! :smiley: I have a suggestion for landscaping, you can add a small flower garden on the street side area, where you do have a few blocks of land to work with. ;) I am looking forward to your final build! :D
    Indeed, I was playing with some flower and ivy additions last night - they are surprisingly expensive! :(

The end result should be a garden space that is "quite nice but a bit untidy" :)
    That is a nice little lot! I tend to go a lot larger, if not for landscaping, then for the house itself. maybe after my current builds, I'll challenge myself to build on a tiny lot.
    I'm quite the opposite; having acres of space scares me - all those floors and walls to decorate, all the furniture to find; so many knick-knacks to clutter the surfaces - it would take me weeks! :lol:

Though trying to fit everything in on this tiny lot and make it look vaguely realistic has proven to be quite tough!

Lovely banner work @VGryphon and @ciane, when I've created my banners or title graphics I seem to spend forever just tweaking the fonts and messing with colour combinations until I give up and choose the, hopefully, least unattractive! It is definitely an art! :)
    Newer Pics of my WIP 1950's theme park.
    Nice work! As has been said, the little fenced garden areas are a neat touch and it's good to leave space around the attractions - makes it so much easier to take screenshots in-game :)

Are you planning to put fish spawners in the pond? If you don't already know, spawners can be a bit of a pain because they are duplicated if you turn the lot when you place it in a world; so if you turn it several times you could end up with a stack more spawners than the couple you might have originally placed! :( You just need to be aware so that you can delete any unwanted ones before playing the lot.

Misscow1P wrote: »
    Oh, that's gorgeous! Love the bold colours, how the furnishings in each room complement each other. Putting a coffee maker in there is a nice touch for when you need to take a break from all that studying :)

But only one toilet? Hope they don't drink too much coffee! ;)

anettesb wrote: »
    Entry form
    •Entrant’s Username: (if you are creating on another’s behalf or "unknown"): unknown (I nominat some one.. can I do this on more than 1)

be ready to see this houshold explode.... they are set at the right level of friend and love... BUT with their traits, good luck.
    Great looking family Anette, excellent clothing choices. The photos are fabulous - did you use the Pose Player to keep them so well organised?
    Post edited by ajaxpost on
    Entry form

•Creation Wishlist Username & # of Item or Unofficial Wishlist Username: @NagyGina wish 9 (houshold)
    •Exchange or Mediafire Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8672322
    •Description:
    The carecters from the movies, well loosly bassed on them.
    they can be split in sveral housholds.... as Egon, Benny and Ulla all might live alone.

residents:
    Egon Olsen, head of the gang, and only one I put in a job... he is a hot headed genius... who likes to steal. He is also very erfectionistic, and unlucky (he allways get cought)

Benny Frandsen, he can mooch almost any thing and if he can't mooch it he snatch it ... and drives even better, He his a handy guy and think Egon is "🐸🐸🐸🐸 smart" - Benny comes with a car
    Ulla (think I named her Hansen), beside her job at the bar, as a ehm dancer and her beign Benny's fianca I didn't know much. She love Bennys Car, wants to live in luxury and is a bit of a diva.

Keld Jensen: the odd one in the gang, he is socially akwad, and a cowered, not to mention clumsy.... but good as the day is long
    Yvonne Jensen: Keld's wife and love from they where kids. A hotheaded lady, who have NO sense of humor, she keeps a neat home and is always after the men when they leav cirkels from the glass on her table.
    Birger Jensen: Keld and Yvonne's teen son. Atletic and perspectiv, not to mention handy, some times helps the gang.
    Bjarne (really Børge but you can't say that in english) Jensen: Keld and Yvonne's child age son. A bit of a rebel, loves motors (he got a scotter when a teen and is allways fixing it), unlike his mother he got a great sense of humor. just as his big brother he helps out (in the later movies the melt into 1 carecter)
    Britta Jensen (no name ever told in the movie as I remeber): Keld and Yvonne's toddler daughter, really all we know is that her baby carriage is used to hide stole items.

all sims have been given some skills and items fit for their carecter. ALL have upgrade umbralla.

•Details: There is some university items and traits. also Diesel and master suit.... sorry it was really hard in creat a sim to see it so, I'm looking at what exchange say. though I don't recal using the patty cake hoodie.... I just hope it works for you
    •Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? no
    •Pictures:

every day
    http://i60.tinypic.com/28gtulu.jpg

formal
    http://i57.tinypic.com/2i7myqp.jpg

sleep
    http://i62.tinypic.com/24awit0.jpg

swim
    http://i62.tinypic.com/eil8br.jpg

atletic
    http://i60.tinypic.com/28uk2nl.jpg

outdoor
    http://i59.tinypic.com/4llj79.jpg
    @anettesb, They look like they should be so much fun to play, thank you so much!!! :) I absolutely :love: them and their stories are so diverse, definitely creating the excitement that will keep me entertained and coming back to see the shenanigans this bunch will unravel next! :kissing_heart:
    looks great... maybe you want to add up in the wish list part about being able to wish for banners/siggies/avies.... unless you did and I missed it
    @anettesb, thank you for that feedback. I shall do that when I add in the updates! :)

@NagaGina I do have photo booths..one is next to the haunted house. The other is next to the roller coaster's entrance. The open space is nice, but i think imo it is too open. I may add one more thing to it then ill upload it to the exchange, and before i do that, ill play test the whole thing myself with a premade sim. I also have a love tester machine in the arcade (old arcades had those too..). I have face painting booths hidden around the park too. Face painting has always been popular in amusement parks. Notice i do not use the vending machines..i found them to be too modern. Plus, the only popular vending machines in the 1950's were mostly the cigarette type ones. The food ones became more popular in the 1960's.

Again..@NagaGina if you see anything that needs to be changed, let me know. I will change what i can.
    @Dimon6579, I apologize, and I am so glad that you have added everything that you have (researching with such detail to fit the time period). As for thinking it to be too open, I agree with @ajaxpost, the additional room allows for better routing and the ability to take awemazing screenshots!. They had a different kind of food vending machine then, and they were in factories or cafeteria type places. huge walls of sandwiches, among other things to nibble on. They would slide open and they actually needed a kitchen area and staff to easily restock during rush hour consumption :dizzy:. As for the eastern coastal areas in the 1950's, small cafes and fancy restaurants were all pretty much family owned, as were most of the eateries in the themed parks (which all then allowed people to picnic, bringing in their own foods, without having to pay the high prices of the park's food). As for anything I can think of added, I think all you have done is beyond what I can think of, all of it is just blowing me away! :astonished: I cannot thank you enough! :kissing_heart:

Oh yeah, also as @ajaxpost mentioned about spawners, just make certain that you delete any additional ones. And let me know, that way if I spin it, I will be aware to do the same. ;)