Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW WORLD ANNOUNCED!!

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    omg only 15 lots?? even less than the others 2 cities???, the others had 21 and that just 15 and 3 hoods of 5 places???? omg really less is more in sims 4, this is really a ridiculous joke, while peoples are asking for big towns the answer are chibi ones.

It's free. Call it a world, city, neighborhood whatever it's desperately (imo) needed expansion space. It doesn't fix every problem that everyone has with S3 at all but it's a nice gesture and I see no reason to complain about it specifically. I will still occasionally complain about other missing facets but not a free addition.

I won't look a gift horse in the mouth..but if it's a different 'world' like Oasis Springs then why didn't we get new décor? I'm already sick of looking at Willow Creek and Oasis Springs.

I really would like to see the extension of Willow Creek for one thing down the street, you know, and if a new world then a whole new theme. If I can't alter the themes then good grief give me something new to look at. A year in the same hole gets old.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    This is exactly what I have been wanting to get. Sure, I want another vacation beach pack, but right now, the space to put up more of my own homes and places to go, and shops is exactly the right medicine.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    If you think Magnolia promenade and this new town belong in willow creek, think of it in this way. We now have 9 hoods = around 40 lots
    Sunset Valley had 92 lots.. but I'm not complaining. I refuse to be called a whiny, ungrateful little 🐸🐸🐸🐸 again.

I guess it's good enough for its price (nothing).
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    It's nice for those of you who like the game as is. I'm just fed up of waiting for better for the way I enjoy playing. Broken hearted doesn't even begin to describe it.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2015
    With the worlds expanding? Is the culling expanded? 180x2?
    Just asking on behalf of Simmers who are annoyed.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Another world with those ugly purple trees that cant be removed and why no 50x50 lots they are continuing the small lots small worlds theme.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    That is awesome news!!!
    If I'm being picky I'd say it could look a bit different, it's like Willow Creek or Magnolia Promenade.
    But hey! 15 EMPTY lots!!!!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    greenXen wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Looks very nice!
    TS4_JUNEVID_OPENING_NEIGHBOR_2_SH01_TK030.jpg

I see two lots and the rest fake décor. Where's the lots players can use and edit? And what more public space parks we can't edit? No thanks, a world to me is over 100 lots I can build upon.

This is a neighborhood not world, so we should be excited for 15 lots.

OP title should say neighborhood, not world.

Can someone draw on the usable lots because I'm not seeing them. It's easy to see the fake décor because all fake décor in these pictures show fake houses with the window lights on...fake...and what I am seeing is a lot of 'public space' which can't be edited....yet.

Did you watch the video? They plop houses down one by one so you can see the lots.

Nope, not seen anything but what has been posted here. I don't visit SimsVip since she told me off at the last E3 posting or something. And I assume she is glad I don't. Never insulted her but says I did so whatever, never even mentioned her before that day when she decided to pick me out of a thousand people. lol.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I do see that this world is WC just revamped, but still I am glad to have more space to build!

Wouldn't it have been lovely if they had allowed 'us' to revamp WC like they did and let us 'add' an extension like they seem to be doing.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Looks very nice!

I see two lots and the rest fake décor. Where's the lots players can use and edit? And what more public space parks we can't edit? No thanks, a world to me is over 100 lots I can build upon.

Can someone draw on the usable lots because I'm not seeing them. It's easy to see the fake décor because all fake décor in these pictures show fake houses with the window lights on...fake...and what I am seeing is a lot of 'public space' which can't be edited....yet.

Did you watch the video? They plop houses down one by one so you can see the lots.

Nope, not seen anything but what has been posted here. I don't visit SimsVip since she told me off at the last E3 posting or something. And I assume she is glad I don't. Never insulted her but says I did so whatever, never even mentioned her before that day when she decided to pick me out of a thousand people. lol.

SimsVIP has nothing to do with this. Did you even follow the link? It's to this site.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    Oh, this makes me so so so happy :smiley: Those lots near the water are my favs <3
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    These are the three new hoods:
    CGlwESDXIAEIHoP.png
    CGlwD3qXEAA6bb7.png
    CGlwEEQXIAAMdg3.png
    So I'm assuming those houses are coming with it. I still don't see a beach.

I would assume so. It's empty lots, which are sorely needed. I doubt they did too much to create this, and that's okay in this case since it's free and does give us new lots to build out of. Do I wish it were more, yes of course and it definitely won't fix all the things wrong with the game (IMO) but one of the complaints I had was lack of space. And this helps to solve that somewhat, and it's free. Did I mention it's free - you're not losing any more money than you've already paid?

I don't see it as 'free' per se, we paid $60-$80 for 50 or less lots in the base game. I would say thanks, it's about time. :D:p

I completely understand what you're saying and I don't disagree, but I do think this being at no additional cost to us is better than the alternative of it costing something. Surely that's something we can all agree on? And yes, it is about time, and no, it won't fix all the other problems the game has. I do wish it were a lot bigger. But when something is free I don't expect a lot of work to be put into it, sadly, that's just the nature of offering freebies in business.

at any rate, not all the above is directed at you. Just the first part in response to your response. we have paid for an expensive game and haven't gotten a lot back for it. I'm just thinking the about time (as you have put it very well) is better than alternatives of costing us extra.

It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    hurfrhurfr Posts: 143 Member
    Don't know if this has been mentioned but it seems to be moving closer to the city, next expansion hint perhaps?

*sorry if this has already been mentioned but I'm far too lazy to actually read a 7 page thread*
  • Options
    It's nice for those of you who like the game as is. I'm just fed up of waiting for better for the way I enjoy playing. Broken hearted doesn't even begin to describe it.

I agree, but at least somebody screaming at them has accomplished 'something' so I think we should all thank the 'complainers and the haters' of the TS4 for getting them some more lots in the game for free. >:) Don't mind me, I'm practicing my mischievous skills.
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »
    When you said "hoods" I pictured lots at first and started to laugh.

Thanks for the info Billy, gonna check it out.

Edit: not to be ungratful but it looks more like a neighborhood of Willow Creek and less like a new world. At least theres more lot space though.

Willow Creek is a world, divided into several neighborhoods. At least that's the official terminology.
  • Options
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    omg only 15 lots?? even less than the others 2 cities???, the others had 21 and that just 15 and 3 hoods of 5 places???? omg really less is more in sims 4, this is really a ridiculous joke, while peoples are asking for big towns the answer are chibi ones.

It's not like you're paying for it. If you don't want the extra 15 lots, don't use them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited June 2015
    Looks very nice!

I'm sorry about the run-in with SimVIP. The links are to the official Sims blog though, not SimVIP. Safe to watch, if you want. ;)
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited June 2015
    KatsKats wrote: »

Edit: not to be ungratful but it looks more like a neighborhood of Willow Creek and less like a new world. At least theres more lot space though.

Willow Creek is a world, divided into several neighborhoods. At least that's the official terminology.

Willow Creek is a big painting divided into a few small maps. They aren't connected in any way.

Gosh even MMO's are far more advanced.

Sims 4 has no worlds, they have maps and pictures.
  • Options
    OmarSPiedraOmarSPiedra Posts: 44 Member

I agree, but at least somebody screaming at them has accomplished 'something' so I think we should all thank the 'complainers and the haters' of the TS4 for getting them some more lots in the game for free. >:) Don't mind me, I'm practicing my mischievous skills.

I agree with you, if we all just sat around and took whatever was given to us, we would have never gotten pools or ghosts and EA could very much do whatever their greedy minds could come up with. We don't complain for nothing, we complain to fix a game that we feel lacks alot and because we expect more for the amount we pay for this game.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    xBob18 wrote: »
    If you think Magnolia promenade and this new town belong in willow creek, think of it in this way. We now have 9 hoods = around 40 lots
    Sunset Valley had 92 lots.. but I'm not complaining. I refuse to be called a whiny, ungrateful little 🐸🐸🐸🐸 again.

I guess it's good enough for its price (nothing).

But you also had places where you could 'squeeze' in more lots once we were allowed to add our own. But still 92 was more than enough to 'start' wasn't it? I don't know 25 or less in one world is so limited since they are broken up and it breaks the immersion because you can't look in the distance from your Sim's house and see the Goth house etc. like in the other games. It just breaks it totally for me, even the TS2 I can at least set the 'view' to large and see their house down the street. I think it also is because when we are in these tiny 'hoods' three or five houses we can't see the rest of the game. It really takes a lot of imagination to pretend we do. lol

ETA: I think for me and the inability to see the whole world like in TS2 and TS3, it's like this, I'm not my Sim, I am their god so I would and should be able to see the Goth house a few blocks over. :D
  • Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    @edwardianed I was about to say the exact same thing! xD

I was expecting bigger lots or one HUGE neighbourhood or something. I'm glad that we get a completely empty world to mess with, but I was expecting a large lot for a park, or for a mansion!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    KatsKats wrote: »

Willow Creek is a big painting divided into a few small maps. They aren't connected in any way.

Gosh even MMO's are far more advanced.

Sims 4 has no worlds, they have maps and pictures.

That doesn't matter to the original post. A world is what EA is calling a world. Newcrest is definitly smaller than Willow Creek since there's no park. The post I replied to seemed to be confused about how EA defines world vs neighborhood.

And yes, MMOs are more advanced. They have different types of engines and are designed to accommodate thousands of players at once with large servers. You're talking apples and oranges there. They aren't at all alike.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top