Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2 times the FUN! A Randomacy ~ NEW Chapter, 9.11

Comments

• tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Tanu's Game ~ Generation Four ~ And Jamila makes three

The very next evening Jamila joined Jase and Jenna as a young adult. The family gathered for yet another celebration.

23gyzuv.jpg

2w2h7wx.jpg

"What are you most excited about Jamila? Moving out or starting a career?" Jenna asked her.

"Getting a cat!" The girls broke down into silly giggles.

28st0js.jpg

Jasper had never allowed them to have an animal because he always said they would be too hard to care for.

Meanwhile on the other side of the room Owen had something important to ask Jasper.

1zmmkuc.jpg

"Mr. Snyder..."

"Mr. Snyder? Really? Wh...."

Owen cut him off. "Mr. Snyder I want to ask you for the hand of your daughter Jenna. I want to propose while we are in China." Owen studied Jaspers face but Jasper just stood there with his mouth open. "Mr. Snyder?"

"Sorry Owen but can I ask a silly question? Does Jenna know you're even dating?" Jasper knew they were best of friends but had no clue their relationship went beyond that.

"Well we aren't really dating. I mean not yet. But we have time to date before we leave and I'm sure that your daughter is the woman for me. I'm asking for your Blessing."

"Ummm..... Well your a decent kid and all and I know you care for her."

"I Love her. Deeply."

"Ok you love her and I know you have a job now as a roadie. But what kind of life will that be with you traveling all the time."

"I'm what they call a stationary roadie. I set up for the gigs coming in to town. Besides I'm not always going to be just a roadie you know. I will make a great life for Jenna I promise you that."

"I'll give you my Blessing but it's Jenna who needs to say yes to you. Don't forget that. And one more thing young man...Don't even think about hurting her. She's still my baby girl and always will be."

Owen smiled from ear to ear. "Thanks and I wouldn't have it any other way!"

wufp.jpg

Jasper stood looking out the window. How did his kids grow so fast? He only blinked! Jaci was the only teen now and pretty soon she too would be growing up and moving on. All of his kids futures made him worry but Jaci was even more so. She had been so quiet lately and Jasper didn't understand why. When he asked the other kids they all just mumbled they didn't know and changed the subject or went in the other room. Sims said that when kids grew up things would get easier. He didn't see how. He went to the kitchen to cook something. That always helped him feel better.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Oh, I like! I love that Jase wants to get married and find an apartment with Angelina. And I love that Jenna gets to start having adventures with Owen and that we will see more of him.

I know hardly anything about Jamila or Jaci, so I enjoy getting to see more of them.

I love playing in the sand and being watched over by a ghost as well as an unseen alien, probably. :wink:
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    He went to the kitchen to cook something. That always helped him feel better.

Oh I hope I'm wrong ... my danger sense is tingling :o
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    It was great to read the updates! :) It is very special that Jase and Angelina are getting married, and soon Owen will propose to Jenna! It is a nice picture of Jaci in the sand pit being watched over by the ghost.
    I will look forward to seeing what next happens in their lives! :)
    Tanu's Game ~ Generation Four ~ Dating

Between the time Owen asked for Jenna's hand and the time they were leave for China was about a month. In that month Owen pulled out all the stops to let Jenna know his feelings for her were way more than best friends.

He started to let her know the next day at the gym. They had met there every chance they got over the past several years as Jenna was training for the military and Owen needed to stay in shape to lift speakers and staging.

Owen was sitting on a piece of equiptment watching Jenna run on a treadmill. Jenna kept glancing over at him and smiling.

1z1xwqx.jpg

Finally she got off and wiped her neck with a towel.

"Why were you just sitting there watching me?"

"I wanted to."

"You wanted to why?"

"Because your sexy." He gave her his best smile.

"Yeah ok." She started to laugh and then realized he was serious and her laugh turned into a silly grin.

He walked toward her then and took a moment to look deeply in her eyes before brushing a kiss on her lips.

2iuumf6.jpg

"I'll see you tomorrow beautiful." He left her standing there speechless.

When she got home all she could chatter on about was how great a guy he was and how good he was to her and she thought he really really liked her. Not liked her but LIKED her. Jasper smiled to himself and was happy he had given Owen his Blessing.

Dates went on through the month. To the cinema and sports games. And to the pond for fishing and to the countryside treasure hunting. Every day and moment they could was now spent together.

"I'm going to spend every sunset with you." He whispered in her ear.

9tjyw3.jpg

And when they went to China the dates continued. First it was playing ball on the lawn of the house where her Grandparents had met.

mkjckw.jpg

Or sitting side by side on a hill over looking the beautiful town below.

nlofbd.jpg

They had a fishing competition at the river.

s12441.jpg

Jenna won! :)

And they even explored the Dragon Cave together.

34ht0e9.jpg

And enjoyed quiet moments together where the future was forefront in Owen's mind.

2vk0t49.jpg

But the whole vacation wasn't happy and fun. They took time to visit the burial place of the Pei's. Jenna wept for the family she never met.

2vk0t49.jpg

"I'm sorry to cry so much Owen. I didn't have any idea being here in this place would affect me this much. I mean I didn't even know them."

"It's ok Babe. You do know them in a way. You spoke to them on the phone when you were little and your Dad had told you what he knew of them. Part of why you are who you are is because of them. I understand why you're so emotional. I really do."

He'd never seen her look so sad. He took her in his arms and held her until her crying calmed and she was breathing gently against his chest.

mtthxf.jpg

That night she asked him not to go to his room but to stay in hers as she didn't want to be alone. He was happy to oblige. The dreams of the future that night were hers.

qrn0w7.jpg

There were only a couple of days left in their vacation.
    phew! ...... so glad my danger senses were wrong
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    Tanu's Game ~ Generation Four ~ A proposal and more

The next morning Jenna awoke to find Owen gone. She was only sad for a moment however since she found a note folded neatly on his pillow. The note asked her to meet him at the Scholar's Garden. She bounded out of bed all of a sudden excited and found herself singing the Chinese songs that her Dad had taught her as a child as she showered and dressed.

Meanwhile Owen stood looking out over the countryside suddenly second guessing himself. Was it too soon? They really only had been dating about six weeks. But they had known each other since they were little. But should he ask her? What if she wasn't ready? He really didn't question whether or not she loved him. He could feel it when she looked at him and feel it in the soft little ways she touched him and smiled at him. But was it too soon? He looked out over the trees as if they would give him an answer.

5k4ztx.jpg

And then she was there in front of him and he knew he couldn't not ask her. Jenna was standing there smiling and put her hands on his shoulders and saying she was excited for his surprise and he knew that now was the right time.

2r1zvqe.jpg

So just as her phone began to ring (don't you just hate that! lol) he sunk to one knee and pulled out the ring.

"Jenna I love you and you love me so the way I see it Babe we belong together. I was meant to be yours and I believe you were meant for me."

"Are you asking me to marry you?" Jenna said from behind the hands that had flown to cover her mouth.

sythkl.jpg

"Yes Babe I'm asking you to spend the rest of your life with me and to build a life with me. What do you say?" He smiled and tilted his head.

inbd5z.jpg

She held out her hand to him and grinned.

"That goes there on that finger." He slipped it on her finger and she starred at it and then sank to her knees opposite him. "I love you so much Owen!"

inbd5z.jpg

"Owen I have a crazy thought!" She got up and walked around in a circle half dancing. "I mean why wait? I don't want to wait do you?"

"Wait for what?" Owen stood up looking at her and wondering what had gotten in to her.

"To get married! Let's have a really short engagement. Like really really really short!" She gave him a quick kiss and then grinned. "Let's get married tonight! Let's elope!"

"What??" He suddenly went pale. "You're serious aren't you? You want to get married tonight? Here? What about your family? Your Dad will kill me!"

"We can have another ceremony when we get home but I really want to do this. I've wanted to marry you since I was a little girl and I don't need a big wedding with a lot of sims I just need you and I. Please Owen, Please marry me tonight."

He shook his head and then looked at her and grinned. "I'd be honored to become your husband tonight."

The rest of the day was spent looking for the perfect spot. Jenna found a simple dress and one of the women in town made her a simple headdress of woven flowers for her hair. Owen was able to find a suit but no shoes that would fit. His sneakers would have to do.

And so at dusk they climbed far up into the hills to the Temple of Heaven and there on the steps....

6ixobl.jpg

In front of SimGoddess and all those that look over the Temple they exchanged their vows...

4uswsm.jpg

10d9vys.jpg

And became man and wife

2rhpo34.jpg

Before going to bed that night they talked about how much fun it would be to surprise everyone when they returned home tomorrow.

2zg51r5.jpg

Their homecoming didn't go quite as they had planned though because before they even reached the door they could hear Jasper and Jaci in a heated argument.

mhx5jp.jpg
    It was such a very romantic and nice update! :) Their family will get a surprise though to find them already married when they arrive home! I had a laugh when the phone went off as Owen was just about to propose! Also, it was great that he wore sneakers to his wedding! Jenna's wedding dress and hairstyle is very pretty! The pictures of China are so very nice! It is such a lovely background setting of the Chinese garden and trees for the wedding proposal! It is special that Owen proposed on the balcony. They will enjoy their married life ahead together.
    It is a happy update, mixed with a touch of sadness with Jenna thinking about her family background.
    Uh oh! I loved the China trip and the proposal and the wedding at the Temple of Heaven. How can you top that? Well... you come home to drama. Dun dun dun... cliff hanger!
    rosemow wrote: »
    It was such a very romantic and nice update! :) Their family will get a surprise though to find them already married when they arrive home! I had a laugh when the phone went off as Owen was just about to propose! Also, it was great that he wore sneakers to his wedding! Jenna's wedding dress and hairstyle is very pretty! The pictures of China are so very nice! It is such a lovely background setting of the Chinese garden and trees for the wedding proposal! It is special that Owen proposed on the balcony. They will enjoy their married life ahead together.
    It is a happy update, mixed with a touch of sadness with Jenna thinking about her family background.

I hadn't planned on them getting married or him even proposing when they left for China I was just going to have them get to spend time together etc but they had better ideas lol They both kept having wedding rings flashing in their thoughts and the little baby bottles and such so me being the romantic sap that I am let him propose when I sent them to the garden. Then when the phone went off I was like NOOOOOOOO lol Then I just pictured Jasper "Why isn't she answering? Is she ok? Something happened!" lol And the sneakers to boot lol I'm not sure how he got those I had him in dress shoes.

Her face was so sad looking at the cemetery I had to include that picture. These two just fit so I said ok get married before story progression had other ideas. ;)

ciane wrote: »
    Uh oh! I loved the China trip and the proposal and the wedding at the Temple of Heaven. How can you top that? Well... you come home to drama. Dun dun dun... cliff hanger!

Yeppers Jenna may be the new heir but Jasper still has a bit of story to tell as well as Jaci. Jamila hasn't really done too much so she's the odd duck out lol

I love that you love it and the temple ended up being the perfect spot! B)

Maybe...... :#

tanubanue wrote: »

Maybe...... :#
    So um just how many cues will you be taking from George R. R. Martin ;) course I like to think he's takin' cues from some of my stuff :p;)>:)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited July 2017
    Addy's Game:

Leisure Day has once again come and gone. Their party was a success with family and friends, but Jeremey seems a little sad this morning.

To continue reading, please go to
    Have I Got A Story For You!
    Post edited by ADWilson on
    edited July 2017
    Addy's Game:

Alice is asked to travel to Egypt and learn about Senet strategy.

Addy's Game:

You’ve heard me gush, but some things are worth repeating… the Story Progression mod is absolutely wonderful! I find myself pausing the game each time a message pops up because often there are notes regarding various Snyder members.

Just look at all of this activity!!!

~ TUESDAY ~
    Kasey Snyder-Parrott celebrated her birthday and is now a child.
    Caren Snyder-Parrott gave birth to Justina. Kasey is a big sister!
    Lynder SP-Bagley announced that she is pregnant!

~ WEDNESDAY ~
    Monica Crosby passed on. Goodbye, Aunt Monica.
    Alice celebrated a birthday and is now an Adult.

~ THURSDAY, Spooky Day ~
    Rosie Snyder-Kuoadio celebrated a birthday and is now an Adult.
    Bobby Snyder-Parrott celebrated a birthday and is now an Adult.
    Caren, Bobby’s wife, is expecting their 3rd child!
    Dorian Snyder-Parrott and Nikole Ivanov are expecting a baby!
    Justina Snyder-Parrott celebrated a birthday and is now a Toddler.

Maybe we should have named my version of the family Breeder. :D
    Love all the great updates! Glad to see you got some simming time in.
    Love all the great updates! Glad to see you got some simming time in.

Thanks, @ciane! Small confession time... I had the pictures for a little while but the words were not so forthcoming. The first piece was almost finished but then I got a smidgeon stumped (again!). I briefly got in game yesterday and played a little bit (I try not to get too far ahead of where I am in my storytelling, but it is so hard! LOL) My muse must have been well-rested and woke up ready to return to work because the words definitely began trickling in and I have been in/out of writing and edit mode all day.
    I especially liked the visit and stay over from Bear! :D
    I especially liked the visit and stay over from Bear! :D

Me too! He is such a cute little fellow and I admit that I got used to having him around. It was such a surprise when he was no longer there.
    I haven't decided when but one of my generations will have a dog.
    It was nice to read and see the pictures of the update Addy :) It was sad that Jeremy passed away but nice that Kayla is also with him now. It was very special that bear came to stay with them at the time of and through the passing away and mourning of Jeremy! They looked like they enjoyed the family trip to Egypt. The pictures on the living room wall in the first update post looks so special and nice!
    They are very nice updates :)
    rosemow wrote: »
    It was nice to read and see the pictures of the update Addy :) It was sad that Jeremy passed away but nice that Kayla is also with him now. It was very special that bear came to stay with them at the time of and through the passing away and mourning of Jeremy! They looked like they enjoyed the family trip to Egypt. The pictures on the living room wall in the first update post looks so special and nice!
    They are very nice updates :)

Thank YOU, @rosemow!

I agree. Having Sims pass away is a sad moment, but as I have mentioned before this way of playing the game is actually more preferable than my old way of always having aging turned off. I think Bear was the star of the story and certainly stole a piece of my heart!

Egypt was such a fun trip for them! I took lots of pictures and was proud that I was able to pare down the story much better than before. With each story I write, I feel that I am getting better about not including every single moment and using all pictures.

The wall of family photographs is one of my favorite things! It certainly turns a house into a home :)

edited July 2017
    Addy's game:
    Things are Starting to Heat Up

Note: A few in-game gifts and the thank you letters/correspondence with @AlphaFen helped give me a few ideas for this update. Thanks, Fen!

Nate is a typical teen. Chores to do.

• AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    *waves* Hey Nate! Nice prom picture ;)

Why @ADWilson thank you for admitting I'm your inspiration for everything B) I'm glad my never ending futile quest to gift Nate a drum has resulted in an action packed near catastrophic fire :love: .... and you know his first ever romance..... which is also possibly important :*
    AlphaFen wrote: »
    *waves* Hey Nate! Nice prom picture ;)

Why @ADWilson thank you for admitting I'm your inspiration for everything B) I'm glad my never ending futile quest to gift Nate a drum has resulted in an action packed near catastrophic fire :love: .... and you know his first ever romance..... which is also possibly important :*

@AlphaFen

I think it is time to
    bubble-burst_large.jpg

Helping move along this one small story update in the overall grand scheme of things with the Snyders isn't everything, ya know :wink: True, our back-and-forth banter and some of these screenshots just "spoke" volumes with the direction a couple of minor things took, but I will give credit due where credit is due.

Nate is still waiting on that drum... although he is strongly considering just buying one as looking at a picture in a music magazine (why buy it when he doesn't. have. a. drum. yet?!) at the neighborhood bookstore isn't quite the same thing and you know it.

Figured you'd :love: the fire!

What?! You didn't mention Nate and your discussion regarding cooties? Passed up a moment there, my friend.

Anyway, thanks for being yourself and bringing chuckles & laughs my way. Much appreciated.
    I laughed quite hard when I read your post. Woke my cat up (she likes to kerplunk on my feet when I'm at my computer) and she moved away from me.