Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gift of Creation Game *Join the Fun*

Comments

• anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    @Silvakristiina that looks great... got a lot of the elements I wish for in my car dealership/gas station... but also very difrents....
    looks like a place you would like to have a pitstop
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    Thank you @anettesb :) If you like it, here's a link to it on Exchange. I made it for calmorezoo's Riwerview Contest. It has the rabbit hole diner. Hogan's Deep-Fried Diner and Service Station
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Okay, I was thinking if this would fit @NagyGina 's 50's world. The cars need to be replaced of course. Is the gas station too modern?

Screenshot-54_zpsivapacb5.jpg
    Oh, I like that! Great job Silva. :star:

I'm no expert but I reckon that does have the right retro feel - rec'd and downloaded :)
  • PetaTPetaT Posts: 648 Member
    edited May 2015
    Hi everyone :) *waves*
    I have been nudged in this direction and have read all of the rules, and this seems like a lot of fun, but i just need a little clarification please.
    If I wish to post a creation or 2 (using the creation form from front page) I also need to post a wishlist ?

PS also What are the acronyms between the emoticons on the 'list of lists'? and what do the different emoticons denote? Have I passed by that explanation? :/

Edit = correct spelling is not my friend :*
    My Sims3 My Page, and my Thankyou Thread.
    Rose%20redsiggy2_zps9syrrazx.png
    Thank you @ajaxpost! :) Maybe I need to fill up an entry :)
    Thank you @anettesb :) If you like it, here's a link to it on Exchange. I made it for calmorezoo's Riwerview Contest. It has the rabbit hole diner. Hogan's Deep-Fried Diner and Service Station

right now it isn't the right for my HS but I be sure to rec and favor
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    PetaT wrote: »
    I have been nudged in this direction and have read all of the rules, and this seems like a lot of fun, but i just need a little clarification please.
    If I wish to post a creation or 2 (using the creation form from front page) I also need to post a wishlist ?

PS also What are the acronyms between the emoticons on the 'list of lists'? and what do the different emoticons denote? Have I passed by that explanation? :/

I don't think you need to do both... I think you can do 1 or both

wish for stuff to be made for you
    and/or
    forfill wishes others have said they want for their game
  • VGryphonVGryphon Posts: 1,310 Member
    edited May 2015
    Concept & Ideas Wishlist (for those who prefer to make all their own creations):
    • Title or Theme: 50's style rancher
    • What are your favorite things to Create? Buildings
    • What inspires your Creations? (i.e. Pictures, Books, Magazines, Graphic Novels, Television Shows, Movies, Anime, Manga, Real Life, Fantasy, etc.) All the above
    • How can we offer our assistance in your creations? Input, critiques, and suggestions as to what to put into the basement.
    • What are your favorite themes? Typical 50s styles for this build
    • What are your favorite Colors? Typical 50s colors for this build
    • What are your dislikes? N/A for this build
    • What are the things you most would like to bounce ideas off of? Anything, really. I'm completely open to suggestions on this build.

Here are some works in progress:
    This has room for Parents, 2 kids, and a toddler, 2 cars.

Front of the building.
    Screenshot-85.jpg

Top view of lot:
    Screenshot-87.jpg

Top view, cutaway of main floor:
    Screenshot-86.jpg
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
    Click here to request a signature banner.
    Oh, and the cabin is progressing nicely.

Here is an overhead view of the lot and cabin:
    Screenshot-83.jpg

And here is a sneak peek (in more ways than one) of an addition to the back yard (and a peek at the couple enjoying some time together):
    Screenshot-84.jpg
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
  • NagyGinaNagyGina Posts: 833 Member
    edited May 2015
    @Silvakristiina, I absolutely :love::love::love: Rec'd, Fav'd, and saved it too! I totally agree with @ajaxpost , it definitely has that 50's retro vibe!! & oh yes, you can definitely post that as your Gift Creation Entry! :smiley: Also, :grey_question:CSWL = Questionable Clean Store Wishlist --> This just means that you have CYS sets (for Wishlist Wipeouts, I will just ask for you to check your cys to make sure you get the most benefit out of the prize/s, while avoiding duplicates, unless it still is cheaper otherwise) ;) The rest can be found Here.
    PetaT wrote: »

@PetaT , yayyyy *hugs* (I hope my subtle nudging did not hurt :expressionless:) I have updated the Q&A to answer your question about whether you need to post a Creation Wishlist, "No, a Creation Wishlist is totally Optional, but by posting a Creation Wishlist, it gives others the chance to gift you either Creations or Ideas & Feedback that may not be able to gift you otherwise (i.e. You Own most/all of the Store Items or the Gift Creator/s do not have enough simpoints to gift you off your Store Wishlist)." As for the acronyms, I also added a Legend, because I explained it for an earlier Wishlist Wipeout, but that gets lost in the thread (ooopsi :open_mouth:)

@VGryphon , thank you for posting another Wishlist and I am so excited that you are also going to create a 50's rancher :joy: (:love: your WIP)! Oh and your Cabin is just absolutely breathtaking! :love::kissing_heart: So romantic! <3

I have some updating to do, my Steampunk Wishlists to work on, and some gifting to do too! I shall post that separately >:)!

Big Pixel Hugs Everyone! <3
  • NagyGinaNagyGina Posts: 833 Member
    edited June 2015
    List of Next 10 Posters for Creation Entries and/or Creation Wishlists (Linked to page 1):
    1. @VGryphon : :star:SCSWL:star:-->50's style rancher (Concept & Ideas Wishlist) --> 200sp - gifted
    2. @Silvakristiina :grey_question:CSWL --> Hogan's Deep-Fried Diner and Service Station --> 200sp - gifted
    3. @PetaT : :star:SCSWL:star:-->Creation Wishlist (Informal) --> 200sp - gifted
    4. @jbsquared2000 : :star:SCSWL:star:-->Creation Wishlist (Informal) --> 200sp - gifted
    5. @jg2342ar: :warning:MSWL --> Will Someone be Willing to Make my Dog on the Sims 3 (Miscellaneous Wishlist) --> 200sp - gifted
    6. @Misscow1P: :grey_question:CSWL --> Granstrom Library --> 200sp - gifted
    7. @anettesb: :mrgreen:NSWL:mrgreen:--> The Olsen Gang --> 200sp - gifted @VGryphon on @anettesb 's behalf :)
    8. @Misscow1P: :grey_question:CSWL --> Home by the Pond / Haugen Family --> 200sp - gifted
    9. @Dimon6579: :star:SCSWL:star:-->Walden's Amusement Park --> 200sp - gifted @gnlovew and @NewEra2009 on behalf of @Dimon6579
    10. @cmbaker16: :grey_question:CSWL --> Meadow Grove --> 200sp
    Post edited by NagyGina on

Creator: Silvakristiina
    Wishlist
    Item Title: Hogan's Deep-Fried Diner and Service Station
    Creation Wishlist Username & # of Item or Unofficial Wishlist Username: @NagyGina #5
    Download on the Exchange
    Description: Hogan's Deep-Fried Diner Rabbithole and a gas station and garage. No CC, CAP, CAW or Spawners.

Do you love the the smell of gasoline too? Car broken or the tank is empty? Here's you new favourite place! Hogans offers you his best in both food and car services. There's plenty of room to park, good food and desserts and nice and knowing customer servicers. With Love by Silvakristiina

Screenshot-54_zpsivapacb5.jpg
    Screenshot-55_zpsmw8oedxx.jpg
    Screenshot-56_zps7ihwyder.jpg
    Screenshot-57_zps0fhsq7ee.jpg
    Screenshot-58_zpskxhgm01d.jpg
    I added a wish
    19) the adventures home
    A home fit for an adventure and relic colector.
    featuring many of the more cultural sets, to reflext the families travels (Cambodia, India, Africa, China, Mexico, Franch, Egypth, Russia, Japan ectra)
    dfently have simfu training area
    + all the basic of wish 5.
  • PetaTPetaT Posts: 648 Member
    edited May 2015
    Hi All *waves* :)

Hope everyone is having a happy day, I am going to attempt some builds today with the lovely gifts that have been bestowed upon me, Thankyou again, and also thought that I would get into the spirit of the game and post a wishlist :D , so here it is

Creation Wishlist (Informal) Form:

Title or Theme Any, I play in a custom world that is split into sections, fantasy, swamp, suburbs, city, beach (legacy Island III by rflong 7/13)
    http://www.thesims3.com/search/worldSearch.html?sortBy=downloads&dateRange=all&hiddenKeyWord=Keywords&worldSearchCommand.description=legacy+island+3&worldSearchCommand.worldSize=0000&worldSearchCommand.worldNoLots=0000&submit=GO

But I am also trying to re-do Lucky Palms as I love the layout, not so much the big expensive houses that are set out a bit weird for my tastes.

EPs: All
    SPs: All
    EA Sims 3 Worlds: All, some gold some not
    EA Sims 3 Store Content: quite a bit but dont fret if i need it i will eventually get it.
    Origin Exclusives: none
    Bundle Exclusives: none
    Special Requests/Instructions: have fun with it :D NO CC or CAP please.
    Creation Wishlist Wants: (please try to number them) family homes that take pets into account, combo venues/ shops/ hangouts.
    Post edited by PetaT on
    My Sims3 My Page, and my Thankyou Thread.
    Rose%20redsiggy2_zps9syrrazx.png
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @PetaT I made this for Emi who wanted a horse as well as dogs and a cat. It sits on a medium 40x30 lot back close to the mountains/hills in Sunset Valley that I dug into. I had to MOO and CFE to get the look I wanted with the garage and the sloped roof, so especially the garage doors may need to be MOOd back into place after placing. (That just sometimes happened with windows MOOed into place.) I thoroughly play-tested it for about a week with all animals and toddlers. It may fit into your vision of Lucky Palms (or it may not). It may also fit into the way too big category that you don't want, but I'll offer it anyway.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8630579

roof_up_original.jpg

l0wd_original.jpg

l1wd_original.jpg

l1wu_original.jpg

VGryphon wrote: »
    Concept & Ideas Wishlist (for those who prefer to make all their own creations):
    • What inspires your Creations? (i.e. Pictures, Books, Magazines, Graphic Novels, Television Shows, Movies, Anime, Manga, Real Life, Fantasy, etc.) All the above
    • How can we offer our assistance in your creations? Input, critiques, and suggestions as to what to put into the basement.
    • What are the things you most would like to bounce ideas off of? Anything, really. I'm completely open to suggestions on this build.

I think a 50s basement would have the laundry as well as a pingpong, foosball, and/or pool/billards table and maybe canning shelves, nectar racks and wine maker, and even a fortune cookie machine. ; D

edited May 2015
    ciane wrote: »
    @PetaT I made this for Emi who wanted a horse as well as dogs and a cat. It sits on a medium 40x30 lot back close to the mountains/hills in Sunset Valley that I dug into. I had to MOO and CFE to get the look I wanted with the garage and the sloped roof, so especially the garage doors may need to be MOOd back into place after placing. (That just sometimes happened with windows MOOed into place.) I thoroughly play-tested it for about a week with all animals and toddlers. It may fit into your vision of Lucky Palms (or it may not). It may also fit into the way too big category that you don't want, but I'll offer it anyway.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8630579

I got the feeling it might fit my wish for familie homes to.... especially with that lot size.

now if there is room for a stylist station it could be Hannas home....

or for Isak with family... as there is room for a horse... + dogs... and Laura his wife will LOVE that....

NagyGina wrote: »
    @NagyGina : 50's Themed Creation Wish List

EP’s: all, except Showtime and University
    SP’s: I have Town Life, High End Loft, and Movie Stuff
    EA Sims 3 Store Worlds: all, except Roaring Heights and Dragon Valley
    EA Sims 3 Store Items: I own the Whole Store and all the MMAO Exclusives.
    Origin Exclusives: Plants vs. Zombies, Dark Industrial Set
    Special Requests/Instructions: No CC, CAP, or CAW created lots. No T-Mobile or Dr. Pepper Items Spawners are allowed, but if you do use them, just let me know. Please play test before and after uploading.
    • 1) Crazy Patterns (appropriate for teens)
    • 2) Lacey Victorian Patterns
    • 3) Wallpaper Designs for Nurseries (Monkeys, Elephants, & Lions are my favorites – but I love all animals)
    • 4) Wallpaper Designs fitting for a Music Studio
    I am revamping Sunset Valley to a 50’s theme – every lot must go and be replaced anew (any open lots are also up for the taking) - Please give me the address or Venue it shall replace:
    • 9) Single Sims, Families, Roommates & Households (with or without homes ) – 50’s Style Clothing (all ages)
    harrisonburg-oct-2-8-115.jpg?w=593
    ^^This is similar to what I remember my Grandpa’s house to look like ^^

This appeals to me and today I shall set up my game using Sim Game Select especially for a NagyGina build, graying out any EPs and SPs not owned. I shall add in only a little store content as I think it adds to the build.

I envision only two bedrooms upstairs, one on either side of the stairs. I will probably place it one of the smallest lots offered in Sunset Valley by the small park. (I love that lot.)

I think it'll need a basement for a teen's room, bath with shower, laundry, canning shelves, and maybe a foosball table.

The kitchen may have the pizza oven. (You'll notice two fireplaces, so one chimney will be MOOed to that while the other will be for the living room fireplace.) I think the kitchen will be eat-in without a formal dining room.

The add-on section you see in the back of the house will be the bathroom and maybe a sunroom or porch.

Any other ideas?
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    @KaytayRoall Thanks to you and @NagyGina for the gifts :blush: Very kind of you both

I love all the builds appearing @Silvakristiina That 50's Diner is amazing! And @ciane You blow me out of the water with your skills yet again

@NagyGina :star: Late Birthday Wishes To Your Brother :star: He liked my fifties house so we have an unbreakable bond now :*

@gnlovew I like your avi <3 Thank you for complimenting my house :blush: You right I do have the perfect amount of everything B)
    edited May 2015
    ciane wrote: »
    VGryphon wrote: »

I think a 50s basement would have the laundry as well as a pingpong, foosball, and/or pool/billards table and maybe canning shelves, nectar racks and wine maker, and even a fortune cookie machine. ; D
    I put a small laundry in the mudroom between the kitchen and the carport. A games room and a wine cellar would go great in the basement!

I'm afraid that I'm not going to get much game time in today due to real life troubles. My sims' lives are so much less complicated than my own. At any rate, I'll be able to at least do some design research.
    XmKUks3.jpg
    I hope you get some simming time in @VGryphon. I finished the lot today that I was working on, but I have to play test and get it uploaded, so another day probably.
    edited May 2015
    Merging households with two different sizes of dogs, and humans acting dumb. Yeah, what could go wrong? The Labrador-Rottweiler drawing blood from the Boston Terrier's ear all because the humans were feeding scraps from the table by hand at the table. Now dealing with an injured small dog because the pair of humans responsible took off for the night with the larger dogs.

Yeah, I'm not impressed at all. Sorry for the rant.
    XmKUks3.jpg
  • gnlovewgnlovew Posts: 900 Member
    @VGryphon, I"m so sorry! That's the pits! Our dogs never fight, but they sound like they're going to over food sometimes, and it makes us all so stressed! Poor Boston and poor you! Hugs! :heart:
    edited May 2015
    It gets better: the owner of the two larger dogs (both Labradors), who knew the one dog was aggressive, was upset that the vet charged an exam fee and wants to change the dog's vet. Never mind that we've been seeing this vet (existing household has 2 Boston Terriers) for years now. I'm not going to stand any more changes for these poor dogs to yet another change because she is upset that her dogs caused a $300 vet bill.

Again, sorry for venting. As I've said, my sims lives are peaceful in comparison.
    XmKUks3.jpg