Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aurora Skies Boho Chic Make-over contest. Win a World! *Winners Announced*

Comments

• TeegersTeegers Posts: 816 Member
    @Silvakristiina, was it supposed to have a 1 TB hard drive (HD) or memory (RAM) - either are usually pretty easy to upgrade if you need to, but I don't think I've heard of a system that has 1 TB ram, although 1 TB+ HD is fairly common depending on how old the computer is.
    Hi, I'm Te-ge (pronounced TG)
    Origin ID: Teegers1
    Steam: Teegers
  • AaronsimsAaronsims Posts: 720 Member
    I woke up to find a bunch of new WIPS and entries! I have a long work day today so I won't have a chance to get them in game to have a look around till later tonight, but I'm very excited about it.
  • pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    Thank you very much for your gifts @Cogitotoro!
    I'm working on two lots at the same time, because I'm just not sure how they'll turn out yet. I'll post some pictures soon :)
  • Misscow1PMisscow1P Posts: 366 Member
    @rosemow you are so sweet! This is the most supportive group of people I've met on the sims forums
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Thank you very much for your gifts @Cogitotoro!
    I'm working on two lots at the same time, because I'm just not sure how they'll turn out yet. I'll post some pictures soon :)

I hope that your builds are going well. I will look forward to seeing the pictures of them :)
  • CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    I have a few more pics up on my build I'm contributing - thanks to all those who gave me helpful feedback! I think it's fun trying to balance out the Scandinavian influence with a general boho and European feel, but also to keep some contemporary notes. Here's my coffee shop room of my build, which I think is getting close to hitting that balance...

screenshot_original.jpg
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    will you acets sims made for my houshold challenge? for my sake it is perfectly fine... and maybe people gets inspiration there... and then make them in Boho style (if it fits their challenge)
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited May 2015
    @gnlovew Your wip looks like it's coming along well! The only thing I'd say is that you are doing great with the boho, but I would love to see a few more touches of Scandinavian/European. You pointed out that you haven't done any art on the walls so that might be a good place to add some of that detail. Also since it's a country build some classic Euro country touches such as baskets, barrels, pots or jars filled with simple flowers, hanging planters, etc... could be some welcome additions.

@MermaidInWonderlan I'm intrigued by your WIP! I can't wait to see the inside!
    @Misscow1P Your entries passed the custard test and I was finally able to sit down and check your entry out in game! I can tell you put a lot of work and thought into your entry! :) One of my favorite details is the dreamy wallpaper you put in the master bedroom. The way you re-colored that was really well done, I love it! All three sims are very attractive. For their clothing I especially loved Agatha's winter outfit and Peony's athletic outfit and again thought the way you recolored them was great. Thanks for much for your entries! :smiley:
    @Cogitotoro You really do have the theme spot on! I love what you're doing with the Greenhouse and I can't wait to get it into my game! :)
  • gnlovewgnlovew Posts: 900 Member
    Thank you! I worked on it again tonight, tweaking and decorating. :smile: I also was just gifted the One With Nature set, I've seen quite a few things I'd like to incorporate. I do struggle, I find myself drifting to straight farm :blush: . I'm also working on my family. :grin: Question, and please forgive me if this has been asked and answered a million times :confused: , but do you want the families separate from the homes, or can they come as a package deal? Thanks again for the guidance! :smiley:
    gnlovew wrote: »
    Thank you! I worked on it again tonight, tweaking and decorating. :smile: I also was just gifted the One With Nature set, I've seen quite a few things I'd like to incorporate. I do struggle, I find myself drifting to straight farm :blush: . I'm also working on my family. :grin: Question, and please forgive me if this has been asked and answered a million times :confused: , but do you want the families separate from the homes, or can they come as a package deal? Thanks again for the guidance! :smiley:
    Ooh, there is some great stuff in the One With Nature set, have fun playing with that! Good question about the families. If they are meant to go with the house they can be uploaded to the exchange together, but you should do separate entry forms (one for the house, one for the family) when you enter them here. You can then post 5 pics of the family and 5 pics of the house with your entry form.

• Misscow1PMisscow1P Posts: 366 Member
    @aaronsims Thank you! I actually discovered that wallpaper pattern by accident. I was experimenting with patterns for the chairs and my sims game lagged so much that I picked the wrong pattern and dragged it to the wall. I'm glad you like my entries :)
    Reposting, as i Think you miss my question
    anettesb wrote: »
    will you acept sims made for my houshold challenge? for my sake it is perfectly fine... and maybe people gets inspiration there... and then make them in Boho style (if it fits their challenge)

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • TeegersTeegers Posts: 816 Member
    edited May 2015
    This is more older European style than newer (Appalachian style here in the US), but I think it might fit, although the patterns are more understated (more raw wood than finished). This was built on the 64x64 lot in Hidden Springs because I'd been doing so much building in Aurora Skies and wanted to play with a different world for a bit. The lot was originally level, so it should work pretty much anywhere.

Louie's Mill - Just For Fun entry

Screenshot-25-1024x5761.jpg

The story:

The original mill was built in 1903, but sometime in the 30's, the family left and the mill was abandoned. Louie recently purchased the property and began the process of restoring it. Most of the visitors' areas have been restored, and now he's turning his attention to the house, which has been left for ruin for 70+ years. The house is livable but it definitely needs some TLC.

As much as possible, Louie is leaving the original woodwork - hand-built, unfinished cabinets, rough wood flooring, etc. There are a few nicer pieces, which Louie guesses the original owner brought over when he immigrated, but except for a couple pieces of furniture, even many of those show signs of wear - the heavy curtains are faded, the china doll needs to be restored.

Screenshot-60.jpg
    Screenshot-58.jpg
    Screenshot-80.jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSmDHISA1UQ

By the way, Louie's mill is loosely based of of the real life Mabry's Mill. Here is a picture of the original:

BlueRidgeParkwaySTOCK6.jpg

Louie is based off of Louie Armstrong and probably doesn't fit the bohemian look, or I'd post him here as well. :)

ETA: There are 2 spawners (1 wildflowers and 1 minerals) and a fully-stocked lake (stocked from inventory).
    Hi, I'm Te-ge (pronounced TG)
    Origin ID: Teegers1
    Steam: Teegers
    edited May 2015
    Beautiful build @Teegers. Even though you didn't create it with this contest in mind it will definitely still fit in the world I'm creating. Thanks for sharing! And that inspiration pic... Oh my! It makes me want to grab some blankets, a thermos of hot soup, some sandwiches, a bottle of wine, and a good book so I can just sit there all day and enjoy the beautiful surroundings! An apple tart might be in order as well. :blush:

Your mentioning Louis Armstrong reminded me of a point I meant to make a while ago and forgot. Even though I'm wanting the Sims to be styled with elements of European folk wear, there is no reason they all need to be white. It sounds silly to even have to say it, but I definitely want people of all ethnicities in my world. In fact, I recently made a Sim of Frida Kahlo because I was thinking about how she mixed traditional Mexican folk wear styles with her bohemian artist aesthetic which is pretty much exactly what I'm trying to do as well. She'll definitely be living in my world, though I might have to "scandanavianize" her name a bit. Maybe Freda Kahlöö in honor of Karin Bergöö who I have recently learned about through this contest? Any suggestions from the real Scandinavians among us? :)
    will you acets sims made for my houshold challenge? for my sake it is perfectly fine... and maybe people gets inspiration there... and then make them in Boho style (if it fits their challenge)

I'm fine with them submitting the same sims, but they would definitely need to be styled in the contemporary boho chic style with elements of Scandinavian/European folk wear that we are going for. :)
    Aaronsims wrote: »

I'm fine with them submitting the same sims, but they would definitely need to be styled in the contemporary boho chic style with elements of Scandinavian/European folk wear that we are going for. :)

ofcourse, and some wouldn't be... but if there was they can be posted here...
    Beautiful build @Teegers. Even though you didn't create it with this contest in mind it will definitely still fit in the world I'm creating. Thanks for sharing! And that inspiration pic... Oh my! It makes me want to grab some blankets, a thermos of hot soup, some sandwiches, a bottle of wine, and a good book so I can just sit there all day and enjoy the beautiful surroundings! An apple tart might be in order as well. :blush:

Your mentioning Louis Armstrong reminded me of a point I meant to make a while ago and forgot. Even though I'm wanting the Sims to be styled with elements of European folk wear, there is no reason they all need to be white. It sounds silly to even have to say it, but I definitely want people of all ethnicities in my world. In fact, I recently made a Sim of Frida Kahlo because I was thinking about how she mixed traditional Mexican folk wear styles with her bohemian artist aesthetic which is pretty much exactly what I'm trying to do as well. She'll definitely be living in my world, though I might have to "scandanavianize" her name a bit. Maybe Freda Kahlöö in honor of Karin Bergöö who I have recently learned about through this contest? Any suggestions from the real Scandinavians among us? :)

Frida is a nice scanndinavian name....

Entry Form:

Creator name: Anettesb
    Creation title: Amy Banks
    Category: sims/housholds
    Exchange link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8666263
    Description:

Amy Banks, dreams about becoming a fashion phonomen, she have the talent and are friendly enough that people like her… but more often than not she puts her food in her mouth.
    On the outside she looks like this super smart and crafty girl, when home she just wants to rollup in the couch eating a roasted peanutbutter and banana sandwish.
    She makes her own cloths whenever she can, usely by reusing second hand cloths and fabrics on sale, as money are thight.

she been skilled a tiny bit... so she will work well as a townie, and have been given the stylist job.

bassed on this challenge: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13671205/#Comment_13671205

Pictures:
    2r6lfmf.jpg
    she actually have an extra everyday outfit (but the photo got wonky) it is ment to look warmer for the winther and fall

beside that you got:
    left side top: atletic outfit
    left side bottom: sleep
    midllen left: everyday
    middle right: out door (winther)
    right side top: formal
    right side bottom: swim

if I win I nominat a person to get my prize, using my squeaky clean wish list thread.
  • LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member

Good for you @LadyGreenEyes :) Will you be joining the Club of Store owners soon?

Very soon! The last set hits the DD in June, and there aren't too many stray items left, so all I am really worried about now is exclusives. Hitting the MMAO for those, to see what pops up!
    Thanks! Thanks, too, for the gifts, and I saw the notes with those. I will be trying for a community lot as well, though no idea what sort yet! Something not too big, so it's easy to fit, I think. A family, too, maybe a couple for the cottage.

You're very welcome for the gifts! I'm happy you plan to enter the other categories. Your first entry was lovely so I'm excited to see your next creations.

Appreciate that! It's really an awesome idea for that world, and I have the feeling I'll be downloading some other entries!
    I'm using Behind the Name to pick names for my household. You can go for Danish, Norwegian and Swedish, for example. And there's also Behind the Surname!

And can I just say that I'm totally in love with Louie's Mill and Mabry's Mill. <3
    edited May 2015
    I'm using Behind the Name to pick names for my household. You can go for Danish, Norwegian and Swedish, for example. And there's also Behind the Surname!

And can I just say that I'm totally in love with Louie's Mill and Mabry's Mill. <3

interesting site... though the first name site is defently leaving out a bunch of normal first names.... including both versions of my name
    and my step dads name

+ ads some not normal danish first names..... not sure I would trust it to do the by land corectly.

interesting site... though the first name site is defently leaving out a bunch of normal first names.... including both versions of my name
    and my step dads name

+ ads some not normal danish first names..... not sure I would trust it to do the by land corectly.

Yeah, it's definitely not always accurate - the Dutch names are a little odd sometimes as well, and not all of them are there. But that's also because some names are a little hard to place - some say it's from on country, others say it's from another. (And they can't add every name, even if some are often used.)

But the general feel of the names is right, I'd say, so it might be useful for some people. Like, you don't end up with extremely English names if you use that site.