Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gift of Creation Game *Join the Fun*

Comments

• KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    I have been lurking and holding off on creating my own creation wishlist for a few reasons. Mostly, I'm a slow builder, already in the middle of a couple projects, with a bad habit of getting myself involved in more than I can actually finish, and I'm hesitant to make a wishlist unless I will be doing some wish-granting. But you keep urging us lurkers to post wishlists :) and I think one of my current projects may work as a gift for someone, so I'm going to see what I can come up with in terms of a creation wishlist...

Creation Wishlist (Informal) Form:

Title or Theme:
    EPs: All
    SPs: Master Suite, Movie Stuff and High-End Loft
    EA Sims 3 Worlds: All but Roaring Heights, gold where applicable
    EA Sims 3 Store Content: Everything except Prism Art Studio and a few individual items (see my wishlist http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=KaytayRoall#), which I don't mind buying for creations
    Origin Exclusives: A couple, but mostly no
    Bundle Exclusives: Same as above
    Special Requests/Instructions: No CC or CAP or anything I will need mods in my game to make work, and please mention if you use spawners
    Creation Wishlist Wants: (please try to number them)
    1. Starter homes of just about any style. I love to start new games and have my sims start from humble beginnings and can never have too many starters. Preferably $16,500 or less so a single sim can afford it, or $18,500 for two sims. Basic necessities, but I'm more interested in landscaping than extensive furnishing.
    2. Men's formal wear realistic recolors. I always have a tough time with the realistic part.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'll post more if I think of it. :)
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    but @KaytayRoall I don't think you have to make a gift to take part... so you can do 1 or both.. I think @NagyGina would have to coretct me

@NagyGina hope everting is ok
    you did mis this questionI
    been wonderign why you didn't wanted gift posted until the 26 of may.... not that 2 more days do any diffrent to me... I'm not done yet... but it might get the game going even more....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • TeegersTeegers Posts: 816 Member
    edited June 2015
    Sims Stories:

EPs: All
    SPs: High end loft and Town life
    EA Sims 3 Worlds: all
    EA Sims 3 Store Content: All
    Origin Exclusives: several, enough that it's probably easier to ask
    Bundle Exclusives:
    Special Requests/Instructions:
    Creation Wishlist Wants: (please try to number them)

1) I love stories, and don't really enjoying playing EA worlds because most of the inhabitants don't have much of a background story. I tend to jump around in the worlds, so I would truly love to have player created sims with living, breathing stories to replace all of the EA created sims that currently populate the worlds (perhaps with the exception of the Goths and Bella, who I played so much at the beginning that they feel almost like family). :) Anything goes with the sims, beautiful or ugly, bad or good, insane or perfectly normal; they can be single, or a whole family complete with pets. They can have a home or need to move in to one, I don't mind completely remodeling the worlds, it's the stories that I care about the most (and it doesn't matter what kind of writer you are), I enjoy them all - and that makes the game so much more fun to play. :)

and/or

Concept & Ideas Wishlist (for those who prefer to make all their own creations):

Title or Theme:
    What are your favorite things to Create? Things that challenge me to learn something
    What inspires your Creations? (i.e. Pictures, Books, Magazines, Graphic Novels, Television Shows, Movies, Anime, Manga, Real Life, Fantasy, etc.) Pictures, memory, story ideas, music
    How can we offer our assistance in your creations? (i.e. Posting pics; answering questions related to a particular topic, place, time period, etc.; Videos; etc.) Pics, answering questions, ideas if I get stuck
    What are your favorite themes? Hmm, about anything, I guess - I don't like being repetitive, but I love learning new things, whether it's about a architectural style or how to create a walk-in basement. :)
    What are your favorite Colors? About any shade of blue and black
    What are your dislikes? Tuna - my husband had to promise never to eat it in front of me before I'd agree to marry him. Oh, you mean in the game? Pieces that prevent you from uploading a build, like the variegated vase.
    What are the things you most would like to bounce ideas off of? (please try to number these)

1) I've been wanting to do builds based on the store and/or EP sets. There are so many items, especially in the decor section, that it's hard to know what's there beyond a few favorite pieces unless you've used them in a build or two. I think it would be fun to do a build that must include all the items in a specified set (and any other items needed for the build).

2) A study of architecture. It would be fun to do a series of builds based on various architectural styles.

3) A memory - I love building memories. It might not come out looking exactly like the memory, but still, the homes I've built based on past memories always take me back when I play with them.

4) A memory from a book - I've always been an avid reader, so it's fun to build places that remind me of the stories I've read.

5) Sim selves - I'm still learning on this one, so be patient. I'll need front, side, and half side views for the closest likeness. Message me the images, or add me on FB (my link is in my signature), or you can email them to me (just message me for my address). :)

and/or

Other Contests & Creative Wishlist Threads:

Title: Create a Sim Story challenge
    Link to Thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/828857/create-a-sim-story-challenge
    Post edited by Teegers on
    Hi, I'm Te-ge (pronounced TG)
    Origin ID: Teegers1
    Steam: Teegers
  • NagyGinaNagyGina Posts: 833 Member
    I have added @KaytayRoall and @Teegers, thank you both! :) I apologize for my lateness... I will roll the dice, announce winners, and then answer your questions. Drum Roll!!!....
    edited August 2015
    Winners for Wishlist Wipeout/Large Simpoint Item: @KaytayRoall (shared winnings with @Sweet2, @AlphaFen, @VGryphon & @Silvakristiina) and @cassandrastryffe (abeit late 8-15, has been gifted Aurora Skies Standard, Tiny Prodigies Learning Center & Lunar Lakes) , both have squeaky clean store wishlists! :)Please let me know how you wish to spend your simpoints. ;)

Winners for those who have no Store Wishlist or Own the Whole Store: @Aerlinniel and @Shannen (@cmbaker16 and @XxHannelorexX have both been gifted on behalf of Shannen) , both Own the Whole Store... If either of you have any badges/wallpapers that you need, let me know, and also please choose 2 additional names (each) that have a store wishlist that I may gift on your behalf. :)

Congrats EVERYONE & Big Pixel Hugs! <3
    Post edited by NagyGina on
  • VGryphonVGryphon Posts: 1,310 Member
    Congratulations to all the winners!
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
    Click here to request a signature banner.
    I have been lurking and holding off on creating my own creation wishlist for a few reasons. Mostly, I'm a slow builder, already in the middle of a couple projects, with a bad habit of getting myself involved in more than I can actually finish, and I'm hesitant to make a wishlist unless I will be doing some wish-granting. But you keep urging us lurkers to post wishlists :) and I think one of my current projects may work as a gift for someone, so I'm going to see what I can come up with in terms of a creation wishlist...
    @KaytayRoall , I am really glad that you did post a Creative Wishlist! :smiley: Just in time to be in the winner's circle! ;)
    anettesb wrote: »
    but @KaytayRoall I don't think you have to make a gift to take part... so you can do 1 or both.. I think @NagyGina would have to coretct me

@NagyGina hope everting is ok
    you did mis this questionI
    been wonderign why you didn't wanted gift posted until the 26 of may.... not that 2 more days do any diffrent to me... I'm not done yet... but it might get the game going even more....
    Your creation gift could be a pattern, any type build, any Sim characters (pets & supernaturals included), a story for a Wishlist asking for one, Blueprints for Wishlists asking for those, Pictures, etc. Anyone can make as many creation gifts as you like, but for the lotto part, only one entry per username (nominees after 1st entry).

As for why I did not wish to open the Gift Creation Entries, I wanted to be certain that I had at least posted the UWLs, and that there were enough Creation Wishlists for people to bounce ideas of...

So.... Drum Roll..... @WhimsicalWind and I open up the doors for your Gifting Creations! Let the Gifting BEGIN! :smiley:
  • NessiePenguinNessiePenguin Posts: 326 Member
    Hiya Mya! I made you some 50s Simmies and a house for your Sunset Valley game :) Hope you are having a great day!

The Family: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8665091
    The House: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8665093

• KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    Oh wow, this was quite the surprise to wake up to! Thank you so much! I have to run to work now, but I just wanted to say THANK YOU :) And I'll be back later to figure out what I want to make my choices...
    ok that makes sense, I hope people can still ad a list if they spot it now

congrats winners
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    @NessiePenguin, very nice house! The fifties theme inspired me too but I haven't had time to even think about it. You really made the house look like straight from the mid the past century :) I like your family too.
    edited June 2015
    Congratulations to the winners!!!

I had contemplated doing this build, and then @Anettesb said she hoped I'd post it here when it was done. I finally finished it yesterday (I'm pretty sure that's my longest build so far - I got caught up in building and hated getting distracted by unimportant stuff like keeping the house clean or feeding my family). ;) So, here are actually 2 uploads - Louie Armstrong and Louie's Mill.

Creator’s Username: Teegers
    Nominee's Username (you can nominate yourself): Split between @gnlovew and @jbsquared2000
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site:
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=gnlovew
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=jbsquared2000
    Item Title: Louie Armstrong and Louie's Mill
    Creation Wishlist Username: @anettesb

Screenshot-621.jpg(download)

I modeled him as close to the pictures of him as I could. His lips actually match the adult version more than the young adult, because he would get callouses from all the trumpet playing and then cut them off, but I left them on the young version so they'd look right when he ages up. Favorite color is red (it really was), and I think I used spaghetti for favorite food, although his real favorite was red beans and rice. Louie is CC and CAP free.

Screenshot-211.jpg
    (download)

Louie's Mill is modeled after Mabry's Mill on the Blue Ridge Parkway which runs between North Carolina and Virginia and includes some of the most beautiful vistas ever (I lived near the parkway for most of my life, so perhaps I'm a little biased and/or homesick). :)

ETA: CC and CAP free and Custard checked. :)

BlueRidgeParkwaySTOCK6.jpg

Up around the mountains of the parkway, bluegrass music was the traditional style of music, so that's what is playing in the background of the video. If you like stories, Richard Chase went up into the hills and hollows and collected the stories of the mountain folk, putting them into two books, The Jack Tales and The Grandfather Tales. I recommend both of them. :)
  • NessiePenguinNessiePenguin Posts: 326 Member
    Thanks @Silvakristiina :D

Congrats to all the winners!

Have a wonderful day everyone ^_^
    @Teegers
    wow thats amazing... thank you
    the lot is quite big so I'm not sure where I have room for it in HS..... but if not there then defently in some other world some day.
    where did you build it?
    I built it on the 64x64 lot in Hidden Springs, @anettesb. I tried a smaller lot first, but needed more space for the water and waterfall. I'm glad you like it!! :)
    ah the one all out of town... no thats a 64x60 ..... it must be 1 I have used then....
    edited May 2015
    It's here, @anettesb.

2015-05-25_09-18-291.jpeg

ETA I thought it kind of funny that the big waterfall in the picture is named Louie Falls. How fitting. :)
    Teegers wrote: »
    It's here, @anettesb.

2015-05-25_09-18-291.jpeg

ah thats where I have my horse center... thats why I couldn't find it....

thanks

see you got double rain bows too.... that seems to happen a lot in that town
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Yay! Happy dancing. And now the creations and sharing ideas come pouring in!
    @NessiePenguin
    Thank-You.jpg
    I love my gifts!!!! <3
    They are the BEST! I totally love the attention to story line, the mystery behind a 50's housewife. :)
    Oh and the house is just perfect!
    I am just sooOooOoo touched!
    Thank you sooOooOoo very much!
    Big Pixel Hugs! <3
    Oh Wow @Teegers ! Louie's Mill is breathtakingly gorgeous! I especially love all the open space. I definitely know what I am placing at 7 Meadow Beach Dr. 64×64 in Hidden Springs! <3 And thank you for :+1::+1: on the reads! :)

I have rec'd, fav'd and saved @NessiePenguin & @Teegers awemazing works! Thank you both so much! Big Pixel Hugs! <3
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited October 2015
    So ahem @NagyGina as you are so awesome, I wanted to show you via an epic fifties style masterpiece :love: but I'm afraid all I have to gift you is my attempt at a Fifties Home :pensive: because if you really think about it my terrible building and photo skills are the most you deserve :kissing_heart:

Creator’s Username: AlphaFen
    Entrant’s Username: NagyGina
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on sims 3 Site: Cmbaker16 Wishlist
    Item Title: Fifties Home (I'm feeling original :p )
    Creation Wishlist Username & # of Item or Unofficial Wishlist Username: NagyGina item 9
    Exchange Link: Fifties Home EDIT: Re-uploaded to fix the hamper issue, sorry about that :flushed:
    Description: So it was supposed to be a starter home at 72 Water Lily Lane, Sunset Valley but I went a bit overboard :# It has three bedrooms (one currently used as a nursery) a garage, a study and a laundry room. It has the latest fifties mod cons, is fully furnished and is in a very modern fifties style and for some weird reason I really over used the colour red :unamused:
    Details: As above ^
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? No
    Pictures:

screenshot_original.jpgscreenshot_original.jpgscreenshot_original.jpgscreenshot_original.jpgscreenshot_original.jpg
    Post edited by AlphaFFrog on
    OoooOooo @AlphaFen , I often wondered how a 50's diner styled home would look, and I do not know if you were going for that look, but it works! :love:
    thank-you-clothesline-752x483.jpg

Rec'd, Fav'd and saved too! :kissing_heart:
    Thank you soooOoooOoo very much!!! Big Pixel Hugs! <3
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited June 2015
    @NagyGina Big Pixel hugs and Banners YAY :love: I love the thank you picture <3 I feel like you gifted me :blush: I was going for a diner look because basically it's the only fifties look I knew Cos I knew you would love it :kissing_heart: I want to thank you for asking for fifties stuff because I spent ages looking at these wonderful fifties patterns and I learnt so much but clearly @NessiePenguin learnt more because her house and family are amazing!! Oh and I edited my post to add the lot address like I was supposed to have done originally :flushed:

Creator’s Username: AlphaFen
    Entrant’s Username: NagyGina and Teegers
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on sims 3 Site: Wishlist
    Item Title: The Lamonts
    Creation Wishlist Username & # of Item or Unofficial Wishlist Username: NagyGina item 9 Teegers item 1
    Exchange Link: The Lamonts
    Description: Hazel was a cheerleader in college who enjoyed socializing, having fun and being full of pep. That's why everyone was surprised when she fell for the hard working, money minded Christopher who despite being quite the charmer had always been focused on getting ahead and less on girls and parties. But this was the fifties and no matter how hard you worked if you didn't have a company wife to be the hostess with mostess you were going nowhere :s So Christopher went looking for the perfect housewife and ended up falling in love with Hazel and proposed <3 Now they graduated they're looking for that perfect home to start their new married life together and hopefully a family. Hazel loves being a housewife and enjoys spending her time gossiping to her neighbours and getting involved in the local community. But that gossiping might be affecting ambitious Christopher's career as he is not moving up that corporate ladder as fast as he hoped :o Is it Hazel or is he just not as good at business as he thought he was? :fearful:
    Details: See above ^
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? No
    Pictures:

original.jpg
    Post edited by AlphaFFrog on
    edited June 2015
    @NagyGina, thank you so much! It has completely changed my game to build to share - I've always loved building, but knowing you're going to upload it for others to use makes building even more fun. I'm so glad you like it!!

@Anettesb, I've been wracking my brain trying to figure a way to make the lot smaller for you. I sooo wish we could just pick up sections and move them.

@AlphaFen, I love the diner style house and the family's story - the story definitely fits what I'm wanting! I love NRAAS's Story Progression mod, and I hate getting stories for sims that I really care nothing about because all they had was a micro-paragraph trying to entice me to play them. And I love NRAAS's Traveler (okay, I just love NRAAS mods all-around) because it turns every world into a vacation world, so I want all the sims to have interesting stories and make it fun to interact with the various households. :)

@NessiePenguin, I love your family and your house is awesome! The style is so very 50's, complete with the car sitting in the carport. <3

@NagyGina, I'm not sure if you'd be interested, but one of my older builds is the Jitterbug, a 50's style diner. No CC and no CAP. I don't have any screenshots of it, because I ended up reinstalling my game almost as soon as I finished it (no issues with the build, the reinstall was moving my game from the Mac to a virtual PC).

Creator’s Username: Teegers
    Nominee's Username (you can nominate yourself): @NESChic
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=neschic
    Item Title: Jitterbug Cafe
    Creation Wishlist Username & # of Item or Unofficial Wishlist Username: NagyGina #5